IGNORED

1 Corinthians 11:15 (long haired women)

MMAlex

Guest Butero
1 hour ago, Gary Lee said:

Wow!   A dozen pages on women's hair length.  Think I can really appreciate being a guy now. Good luck, gals...........

I spent a lot of time on how a man needs to have short hair.  There is no escape.  

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  357
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0

On 3/2/2018 at 5:27 AM, MMAlex said:

15 But if a woman has long hair, it is a glory to her; for her hair is given to her[a] for a covering.

Notice how common it is for degenerate women usually on the far-left to cut or shave their heads out of rebellion...like Katie Perry, Emma Gonzalez, SJW college women in general (not all of course).

Evil loves flipping everything that is up, down. Sad

the Holy Apostle explains that female religious worshipers should practice the faith without considering themselves and manifesting like wiser than male religious worshipers - the biblical word "hair" in 1 Cor 11 designates the glory which is typical of women in the faith, for example male believers could deal with spiritual things without memorization more than female religious worshipers, while it is more typical for female believers to deal with spiritual things through memorization

the look of the haircut is not (so) important in the faith

Blessings

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

5 minutes ago, Davida said:

Hi Abby-Joy ,  wasn't the scripture stating that a woman's hair is to be covered during worship when praying or prophesying? My hair is long. Personally, i am leaning towards covering my head during prayer, but I don't want to be a distraction to others, so i would do it discreetly  then take it off after, or try wearing a hat to church. I have tried it at home, to lay a scarf over top my head during prayer or devotions and it feels right to me. I asked my Pastor what he thinks and he thinks that hair is given for a covering so covering the hair is Not necessary in his view.   I don't know if I agree with him on this. Now if i begin to cover my hair at church, I wouldn't care less if anyone would say a thing or give me curious looks & I just would not be upset with them if they did. I'd just smile and shrug to them, if I was feeling a bit rascally I might look at them smile, and point up to the sky & nod. Lol! .  I'm sure in my church if there is any reaction it would only be the females,  I tend to think the men would be curious but respectfully silent on it, but if anyone comments to me I would smile and tell them I wanted to do it and see if it honored GOD but that I was still praying about it.  It would not be a big deal either way.  

1Cor 11:15 "4Every man who prays or prophesies with his head covered dishonors his head. 5And everywoman who prays or prophesies with her headuncovered dishonors her head, for it is just as if her head were shaved."

And you are correct .    see paul even said if she be not covered then let her be SHORN, shaven .

Now if your pastor was right , what was just said makes no sense .    Yes it is a head covering .   You correct davida.

You know I loves ya ,     right .    be blessed and praise the Lord .

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,204
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Butero said:

I spent a lot of time on how a man needs to have short hair.  There is no escape.  

My dad was a thirty year career military veteran, and then I joined the USMC. In both cases, if it was long enough to grab, it was too long. Upon my discharge, I changed my name to Samson, and from then on, finally,  "I" decided when I cut it.............. :P

Guest Butero
6 hours ago, Gary Lee said:

My dad was a thirty year career military veteran, and then I joined the USMC. In both cases, if it was long enough to grab, it was too long. Upon my discharge, I changed my name to Samson, and from then on, finally,  "I" decided when I cut it.............. :P

Did you take a Nazarite vow as well when you left the military?  Did you follow all the rules of a Nazarite, and when the time of your vow was over, did you shave your head?  

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  813
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

Here we go round the mulberry bush.... so early in the morning. This is the way we comb our hair...so early in the morning.

• Loved it! 1

Guest Butero
52 minutes ago, Eastern Star said:

Here we go round the mulberry bush.... so early in the morning. This is the way we comb our hair...so early in the morning.

Since when is truth tied to the time of day?  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,204
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

5 hours ago, Butero said:
11 hours ago, Gary Lee said:

Did you take a Nazarite vow as well when you left the military?  Did you follow all the rules of a Nazarite, and when the time of your vow was over, did you shave your head?  

Actually Butero, it was the in the mid sixties when men's hair and loud music got loud and long, and I had had enough of the establishment telling me what to do and what was needed of me, having just come home from two tours in the Nam, witnessing what was brought about by our wise powerful elected officials, that I decided to never trust anyone telling me what I needed to do, ever again. It was after I met my wife in the seventies, then the Lord came into my life, and that is when I regained trust. There are many on this forum I could never trust who are always telling us what we have to do, but there are also some I do trust by what I see them actually do, or not do, their witness.. A Nazarite, as "I" understand it, took a vow to set himself apart, to consecrate himself to God. When God saved me, "HE" set me apart, He consecrated me for Himself, no longer "I", but Christ in me. No longer a whitewashed sepulcher, OUTWARD APPEARANCE, but;
He chose me
I have been crucified with Christ.
a new creation
It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me
born again, not of perishable seed but of imperishable
no condemnation
in him I might become the righteousness of God.
Now a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control
a friend of my Savior
In Christ, I have overcome the world
I can do all things through Him
Joined to the Lord I become one spirit with him
I'm seated in the heavenlies
Blessed in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places

I am fearfully and wonderfully made
He who began a good work in me will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ..........Amen!!!?

No, I didn't shave my head. But God circumcised my heart.
Rom 2:29  But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

saint; the Greek "ἅγιος" (hagios), which derives from the verb ἁγιάζω (hagiazo), which means "to set apart", "to sanctify", or "to make holy".

"Nazarite" comes from the Hebrew word נזיר nazir meaning "consecrated" or "separated"

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  813
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

Woaw woaw. Hold on to your horses for a moment there. I never knew a nursery rhyme could be totally interpreted elsewhere than it was intended to be just ~ funny. Anyway, keep up the good work. Was merely passing through.

• Loved it! 1

Guest Butero
44 minutes ago, Gary Lee said:

Actually Butero, it was the in the mid sixties when men's hair and loud music got loud and long, and I had had enough of the establishment telling me what to do and what was needed of me, having just come home from two tours in the Nam, witnessing what was brought about by our wise powerful elected officials, that I decided to never trust anyone telling me what I needed to do, ever again. 

Thank you Gary.  This answer is perfect to make a point.  Long hair on a man and short hair on a woman is a sign of rebellion against one's head.  Look at what you just said.  You had just come home from Vietnam, and one way to show your distrust of authorities was to let your hair grow long.  That is also the way many others did the same thing.  It was a rebellion against "our wise powerful elected officials."  

When men have long hair, it is a sign they are not under anyone's control.  They are making up their own mind.  When women have short hair, it is a sign they are not following God's order to obey their husband or Christ.  I don't know that the average person realizes the symbolism, but that is what it means.  It is not the rebellion itself, but an outward manifestation of rebellion.  Rebellion itself is as the sin of witchcraft, and that will send a person to hell, but this sign is telling the world they are in rebellion.  If a person wishes to be contentious and doesn't care about the message they are sending, and how it is bringing shame to their Lord, they won't go to hell for it, but I don't want to send that message.