• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0

5 hours ago, simplejeff said:

See what Scripture says about this directly.  Obviously it wasn't his hair length , or Samson would not have been so much blessed by YHVH with his long hair.

I don't think YHVH challenged Cain because it wasn't an animal sacrifice (although perhaps is is possible?) ,

but because it was not THE BEST HE HAD,  and/ not THE FIRST PART (which belongs to YHVH).

Abel offered a blood sacrifice. This is the sacrifice that is pleasing to God. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

Way way off topic for this thread (yes, I AM SURPRISED I AM saying this !   ......

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,204
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, LadyKay said:

What do you think when we see a women with short hair and proclaims to be a  Christian? Maybe she teaches Sunday School?   Or what if a man with long hair is a pastor?  Would you think that they are in rebellion against God because of how long or how short their hair is?

Until I got involved in this thread, I never thought about it, unless the man had very long hair and was a pastor. The long/short issue is not an issue in our society much anymore. I think their countenance tells more than their hair length. After Butero brought up the old law, it has caused me to consider, some. I do believe God is so much concerned about our heart, and mind, as compared to our outward appearance. I know I am.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

8 minutes ago, Gary Lee said:

The long/short issue is not an issue in our society much anymore. I think their countenance tells more

This is somewhat truthful.   Their countenance,  showing what is in their heart, by their appearance of being - obedient, joyful and peaceful or disobedient rebellious and crude, can reveal, YHVH Willing,  a lot that is more important than just their appearance , which may be a temporary thing and not indicative of their inward condition or inward position if in Christ Jesus.