IGNORED

THE EXHORTATION THREAD (For Christians Who Love Jesus)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

TO all who love the LORD they shall indeed FOLLOW HIM all the days of their life .   They will not feast from the dirty foot trodden waters of men.

THESE DRINK ONLY from the pure waters OF THE SHEPARD.   And if doing this and rejecting mens traditions costs me nothing but loss,  ITS ONLY GAIN .

I drink not from the waters of these so called high and mighty scholars ,   who in this day and age

can sit and wee on the peoples and they just dance and say what wonderous cleansing rain .    Yeah.   Let that sink it a bit .  

Yes, it's muddied waters of men many are drinking from.........if they would be willing to let it, the pure water of the word would wash away the mud of mixture and then they would see much more clearly.   But oh my that mud, how it does cloud the issue and obscures the truth of the plain and simple scriptures.  We sure do need the Holy Spirit these days with so much deception about. 

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 minute ago, Heleadethme said:

Yes, it's muddied waters of men many are drinking from.........if they would be willing to let it, the pure water of the word would wash away the mud of mixture and then they would see much more clearly.   But oh my that mud, how it does cloud the issue and obscures the truth of the plain and simple scriptures.  We sure do need the Holy Spirit these days with so much deception about. 

Onward in the LORD peoples .    The last verses of revelation has a message .  LET THE RIGHTEOUS BE RIGHEOUS , let the wicked be wicked still.

All  a man can do is POINT TO JESUS and HIS SAYINGS and the pattern HE set and the apostels set and taught .    If men want men to twist it  away , then I cannot stop them.

All I can do is what grace has me to do.   POINT TO JESUS and not to man.    And sister ,  what a blessing it has been.

Its true following JESUS only aint winning me praise of men, and it aint getting me money , and in fact its been resentement against me .

BUT ,  they have not the joy nor peace I HAVE IN HIM.   FOR ONLY HE can FILL and FULLFILL   a person

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.37

41 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

Listen brother I am not really concern about you. You mainly have one message and it's about the Catholic church. Maybe you feel she is Babylon Mystery. But just about all posts you always change the focus back to the Catholic church. 

I am not for all her doctrine.  They make Mary into a higher level then what the bible shows. Yet Mary is the most blessed of all women.She raised and gave birth to the son of God. But she is not on the level of Jesus.

I don't believe the Lord's supper becomes the living blood and flesh of Jesus. But it's much more then a symbol. The lord is really there. 

They pray to the saints in heaven . I don't but they don't worship them at all. It's a mistake for them to do so. We should pray to God direct. Jesus speaks on our behalf.

.                 They believe in baptismal regeneration. I don't but it's not going to keep you out of heaven.

Calvin and Luthur did believe in regeneration when baptize. Are they not saved ? 

The Catholic church believe in the Apostles creed. And the believe in the trinity.  

Some people are saved spirit filled in the Catholic church and some are not. That includes the Pope and Cardinals and the Bishops.  

If you read Rev 17 and 18 and make that out to be the Catholic church you are wrong. The SDA teach this and the  third Angel message. We should preach the good news and all of the commandments given to the Twelve apostles. 

Hardly know where to begin Wayne, but I think I'll just sum it by reminding of where the Lord gives a severe indictment in scripture against those who dress the wounds of His sheep lightly.  You're treating all these matters like they hardly matter.....meanwhile that flock is being led to perdition......to perdition, for eternity.  The fear of the Lord is to hate sin.....HATE it, brother.  Don't you fear the Lord?   I can only implore you to please don't be led by your own mind, but be led by the Lord, by His Spirit, His discernment and His word.  There is a way that seemeth so right to man, but leads to death.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  471
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,543
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Days Won:  9

14 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

Hardly know where to begin Wayne, but I think I'll just sum it by reminding of where the Lord gives a severe indictment in scripture against those who dress the wounds of His sheep lightly.  You're treating all these matters like they hardly matter.....meanwhile that flock is being led to perdition......to perdition, for eternity.  The fear of the Lord is to hate sin.....HATE it, brother.  Don't you fear the Lord?   I can only implore you to please don't be led by your own mind, but be led by the Lord, by His Spirit, His discernment and His word.  There is a way that seemeth so right to man, but leads to death.

What sin are you talking about. You are just using worthy to preach against the Catholic church. Why not get a study going based on bible scripture.  

You make the mistake just sounded off it's sin your going to perdition 

but you dont explain by bible passages where this is true. 

Worthy is not your web page. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  471
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,543
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Days Won:  9

45 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

I am hoping it is a misunderstanding......because we are not talking about how we get saved, but we are talking to those who have already received the gift of salvation by faith, about how to follow Jesus after we are saved.  Leaving the elementary principles and going on to maturity.  It is not some strange or foreign doctrine that comes from special understanding but is entirely and plainly biblical....though it might seem strange to many these days, mainly for the simple fact that it is not being taught in most places.  And for any who have not yet received the Holy Spirit since they believed, it is probably hard to grasp anyhow.

Why are you confuse ? We I don't speak for all,believe we are to grow in grace and knowledge of Jesus Christ. How would you know who received the holy spirit ? You seem to believe you have to do good works to stay saved. That's false and not in the bible. We are called to do good works and called to be holy. It's part of the new birth. Growing in the lord. But doing so does not keep you saved. It's part of being saved. We are saved from our sins. Sin is bondage. Now as children we are free. So God wants us to walk in righteousness and not in bondage. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0

On 3/19/2018 at 1:31 AM, LightShinesInTheDarkness said:

But do not make your personal belief or conviction a rule for other Christians when there is no such commandment given to us.

God's commandments are not my personal belief or conviction. They existed a long long time before I appeared on the scene. I am not trying to foist upon anyone a philosophy that I invented and made personal. I like what you have been writing on this thread. You have consistently and with great conviction upheld righteousness and obedience to God's commandments as being essential to being true followers of Christ. Not in order to be justified, but as an integral part of the process of sanctification, without which no-one will see God.  I am merely echoing those same thoughts, but including the 4th commandment for one reason and one reason only. Nowhere in scripture does it say that God has removed His blessing and sacredness from that day. 

On 3/19/2018 at 1:31 AM, LightShinesInTheDarkness said:

Now after the Sabbath, toward the dawn of the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to the tomb. (Matthew 28:1)

On the first day of the week, when we were gathered together to break bread, Paul talked with them, intending to depart on the next day, and he prolonged his speech until midnight. (Acts 20:7)

Now concerning the collection for the saints: as I directed the churches of Galatia, so you also are to do. On the first day of every week, each of you is to put something aside and store it up, as he may prosper, so that there will be no collecting when I come. (1 Corinthians 16:1,2)

I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day (not "the Sabbath"), and I heard behind me a loud voice like a trumpet... (Revelation 1:10)

The above texts are incredibly weak basis for changing an explicit commandment that specifies a certain day, to another day. Only one of the above suggests a meeting of any kind. And that meeting took place on the dark part of the first day of the week, that is Saturday night...at the close of the Sabbath. Paul was leaving 'on the morrow' , or next morning, which would have been Sunday morning. A very shaky foundation there for Sunday keeping. There are only 7 other references to the first day in scripture, apart from at creation. Five of them were directly related to the resurrection, the 6th to when the disciples were cowering in a room because they were afraid they were going to suffer the same fate as Jesus, and the last reference to Paul's request to lay aside an offering for the saints at Jerusalem. Nothing in that last one suggests he was going to pick that offering up on the first day. It was the person's first fruits. After Sabbath the first day of the week was a day of work. The first days pay was to be set aside for others. Do we not do that with our tithe and offerings? 

The Revelation 1:10 text simply says the Lord's day. Nothing in that suggests the first day, second day, or whatever day. Just because the modern church calls Sunday the Lord's day, does not mean that is what John was referring to. So we must go elsewhere to discern which day it was that belonged to the Lord. We find that in Mark 2:28. 

Should we not obey God in a fashion which He commands rather than in a way we prefer or is popular or held by the majority?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0

7 hours ago, Davida said:

The claiming that: "Works are required to keep Salvation"-- is simply Not taught

With all due respect to all on this thread, I agree with the above quote from Davida, but I also think she is misunderstanding the meaning of works and meaning of salvation. And I put this down to the confusion of doctrine that is rife throughout Christendom, both with Catholic and non-Catholic circles. (I hesitate to call non-Catholic churches Protestant...that no longer is the case, sadly.) The current predominant idea with the Calvinistic mindset that the cross of Calvary is all one needs for salvation, that the work is "finished" there, that one needs only to confess Jesus and he is saved, and that once saved always saved and nothing he does from that point on can affect his salvation, and that even when he commits an "offence" as a Christian, of whatever magnitude, is not actually sin because a Christian "cannot sin", and after all he is saved anyway, is placing the entire fabric of the church in jeopardy. 

The cross did not finish the work of salvation in man. If Jesus did not rise from the dead, then we would have no hope. If Jesus was not now mediating in heaven as our High Priest we would not have power to obey. We were justified at the cross. But without being sanctified, which is a process through which we are made holy, by which our sin is removed from the life, by which we are empowered to obey God's commandments, then we are as much lost as if Christ never came at all. Our obedience, our keeping of God's commandments, are not the means by which attain salvation, but one can be fully assured that we will NOT be saved except we repent, turn away from, and repudiate every last vestige of wickedness and sin in the life. There are numerous promises in the scripture which guarantee, because God cannot lie, that we can overcome sin. That sin shall NOT have dominion over us, but that we shall have dominion over sin. The concept that we will sin till the day is a denial of the power of God, and an excuse for disobedience. 

Even in the OT sanctuary service the altar of sacrifice was only the very first step in God's plan of salvation for Israel. And the altar represents Calvary. But Israel was not saved at the altar. Israel did not celebrate their complete emancipation from sin until the end of the day of atonement when the high priest came out of the most holy place to once again appear before the people. This departing of the high priest from the most holy place represents the departure of Jesus, our High Priest, out of the most holy place in the heavenly sanctuary and come the second time to earth to take His justified, sanctified, and soon to be glorified people home.

Good works, are merely a euphemism for being a nice person...anyone, the most determined atheist, can do good works. What God requires is obedience. In everything. Without hesitation. Without quibbling. Jesus did not come to save us in our sins. He came to save us from our sins. Amen?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  426
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  3

15 minutes ago, brakelite said:

God's commandments are not my personal belief or conviction. They existed a long long time before I appeared on the scene. I am not trying to foist upon anyone a philosophy that I invented and made personal. I like what you have been writing on this thread. You have consistently and with great conviction upheld righteousness and obedience to God's commandments as being essential to being true followers of Christ. Not in order to be justified, but as an integral part of the process of sanctification, without which no-one will see God.  I am merely echoing those same thoughts, but including the 4th commandment for one reason and one reason only. Nowhere in scripture does it say that God has removed His blessing and sacredness from that day. 

The above texts are incredibly weak basis for changing an explicit commandment that specifies a certain day, to another day. Only one of the above suggests a meeting of any kind. And that meeting took place on the dark part of the first day of the week, that is Saturday night...at the close of the Sabbath. Paul was leaving 'on the morrow' , or next morning, which would have been Sunday morning. A very shaky foundation there for Sunday keeping. There are only 7 other references to the first day in scripture, apart from at creation. Five of them were directly related to the resurrection, the 6th to when the disciples were cowering in a room because they were afraid they were going to suffer the same fate as Jesus, and the last reference to Paul's request to lay aside an offering for the saints at Jerusalem. Nothing in that last one suggests he was going to pick that offering up on the first day. It was the person's first fruits. After Sabbath the first day of the week was a day of work. The first days pay was to be set aside for others. Do we not do that with our tithe and offerings? 

The Revelation 1:10 text simply says the Lord's day. Nothing in that suggests the first day, second day, or whatever day. Just because the modern church calls Sunday the Lord's day, does not mean that is what John was referring to. So we must go elsewhere to discern which day it was that belonged to the Lord. We find that in Mark 2:28. 

Should we not obey God in a fashion which He commands rather than in a way we prefer or is popular or held by the majority?

If you don't recognize or understand that the Sabbath was/is symbolic, like other prescriptions and rituals of the law of Moses, which Christ fulfilled and in whom the reality of them is found (hence, no need for the symbols for those who are in Him), and that the Sabbath, along with circumcision and the other commandments of the law of Moses (which, as I specified in the original post, is not to be promoted on this thread) pertains only to unsaved Jews, I'm sorry but I can't help you. That's basic, fundamental, indisputable Christian doctrine.

Your preoccupation with the Sabbath in particular out of all the other commandments of the law of Moses makes no sense and smacks of the cult of the false prophetess Ellen G. White. If you keep the Sabbath you should be keeping the whole law of Moses. And if you're not an unsaved Jew, no part of that law ever has or ever will apply to you. 

I've addressed this subject with you enough. If you're an SDA, and you're actually born-again, I am giving you an ultimatum, before I ignore your posts and leave you to the Lord for Him to deal with as He sees fit: Either stop trying to promote Sabbath-keeping or leave this thread, per the guidelines of the thread as outlined in the original post. Heretical SDA doctrine is not welcome here. I've told you before to keep your personal conviction about this to yourself. Sabbatarianism is a heresy whether you recognize it as such or not.

Judaizers are not welcome here, neither are Catholics promoting Catholicism, neither are SDAs promoting their various heretical beliefs and teachings, nor are their estranged Millerite brothers, the Jehovah's Witnesses.

I'm not being any more severe than Jesus would be. He doesn't tolerate heresy---not even just a little bit, like adding circumcision or the keeping of the Sabbath; and neither will I. A little leaven contaminates the whole lump, and I will not have this thread hijacked by heretics.

Do not reply to this post to try to continue a debate about this subject. It will be ignored.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  426
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  3

Just to restate my position on the matter of salvation simply:

A person is saved (born-again) by repenting of his or her sins, putting his or her faith in Jesus Christ for salvation, and receiving His Spirit. Salvation is by grace (the power of God) through God-given faith. No one can come to Jesus unless the Father draws him or her, which is by His grace.

We are not saved by doing good works, or by keeping the commands of the New Testament, which no unsaved person can do in truth, and which would not justify him if he tried: There are many unsaved people who follow the teachings of the New Testament and are nice people, doing various good works, and are on their way to hell. Anyone who does not have the Spirit of Christ is none of His, and no one can see the kingdom of God unless he or she has been born again.

Once a person has been spiritually converted (born-again) he or she HAS eternal life; he or she IS saved, and is a Christian. If he or she died the moment after the Holy Spirit came to reside in him or her, he or she would go to heaven.

Having been saved---sealed with the Holy Spirit, who is our Guarantee of eternal life, and who bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God---a Christian has the choice whether to remain in Christ or not, and it is possible for him or her to forfeit or lose his or her salvation by what he or she does or does not do after being born-again. Our eternal security is not unconditional, even though our salvation is the free gift of God. There are no works we can do to receive this gift, but there is work that God requires of us to keep it once He has given it to us. Free to receive does not equal free to keep no matter what you do.

This is what the New Testament teaches, whether people understand it or accept it or not. I'm just stating a fact. If you're confused about it, I suggest re-reading the New Testament again, sincerely and without bias, and with a good conscience toward God and man, and asking the Lord to show you the truth about it, so that you will know it for certain and no longer be confused.

I know that it is humanly impossible to make Scriptural truth plain to someone unless God Himself gives them the understanding. No amount of Scripture will do it; people can interpret the Scriptures in all kinds of ways, as they do. But in the case of doctrine, there is only one correct interpretation; and we would all do well---for the sake of holiness, fruitfulness, and our spiritual safety---to be very sure that we have the complete and correct one, about all things, as God is able to help us to know.

I've said all that I believe is necessary to say about this subject on this thread already. Anyone who cares to do so can read my previous posts on this thread to see my explanation and responses to other posters about this. I have no more to say about it, so please do not respond to this post to debate it with me. I'm not the one you need to talk to about it, but the Lord.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,058
  • Content Per Day:  0.42

22 hours ago, LightShinesInTheDarkness said:

Amen. And thank you for your post. 

I feel it's important to add as a reminder to anyone who may be tempted to interpret or use these verses in a way that God did not mean or intend, that the unity of the Spirit is unity in truth, according to the knowledge of God and the truth of His word, and not unity in error, or being unequally yoked with unbelievers, or unity based on something other than the will of the Lord, likeness of mind with Him, and correct doctrine.

Apostasy is not the unity of the Spirit, nor is compromising God's fundamental and indisputable truths and teachings ever acceptable to achieve "unity" with those who reject them. Let us be sure that it is indeed the unity of the Spirit that we are endeavoring to attain and to keep, and not some other unholy kind.

Ephesians 4:13-16

Matthew 10:34-36

Luke 9:26

Hello @LightShinesInTheDarkness

I am sorry that you thought it necessary to add this corrective.  For 'The Unity of The spirit', is that contained within the verses I quoted from Ephesians 4:1-7. It is not necessary to add or take away from what is said there.  It is a seven-fold unity, each emphasised by the use of the word, ONE.  :-

'I therefore, the prisoner in the Lord, beseech you
that you walk worthy 
of the calling with which you are called,
with all lowliness and meekness, 
with long-suffering, 
forbearing one another in love,
endeavoring to
keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
There is -
one body and 
one Spirit, even as you are called in 
one hope of your calling,
one Lord
one faith
one baptism,
one God and Father of all
Who is above all and through all and in you all.
But to every one of us is given grace 
according to the measure of the gift of Christ.’

* This makes clear the spirit in which this UNITY is to be 'kept', and just exactly what it comprises.

One body - not many 'bodies' under different names and with differing creeds, 
One Spirit - The Holy Spirit 
One hope - of resurrection life, in Christ Jesus.
One Lord - Christ Jesus our risen and glorified Saviour, Lord and Head.
One faith - the faith of Christ which took Him to the cross to die in our place and secure us for eternity.
One baptism - which is the baptism 'of' and 'by' the Holy Spirit, 
One God and Father of all - the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Praise God!

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Edited by Christine