IGNORED

If someone doesn't know about Christ, and has never heard of Christ, then where do they go when they die?

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

48 minutes ago, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

Umm yeah that is exactly what Graham said. He said there are many in Islam and other religions who are part of the body of Christ who will be in heaven even when they do not know Christ. I saw that video clip of him speaking on the Crystal Cathedral blasphemy tv show. Total garbage. 

Your post here is right.  Many are still deceived by that one you recognize as false.

The one I replied to and asked what post they were replying to in the content of her post is in error and apparently is deceived by the false gospel.  (agrees with it at least, according to her post)

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,058
  • Content Per Day:  0.42
  • Days Won:  5

3 hours ago, Christine said:

Hello @starsong4,

The only reason this question has to be asked at all, is because man is under the impression that he has an immortal soul. Yet we are told in Scripture that only God Himself has immortality.

‘ ... that you keep the commandment 
without spot and without blame 
until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ.
For He in His own time will reveal 
Who is the blessed and only Potentate, 
the King of kings and Lord of lords,
Who alone has immortality
dwelling in light which cannot be approached, 
Whom no one of men have seen, nor can see; 
to Whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.’

(1Tim. 6:14-16)  

* Also we are told in (Eze 18:4 & 20)  ' ... the soul that sinneth it shall die ... ' 

* Eternal life is a gift of God, given to those who have been saved by His grace, by the faith of Christ, through Whom we are saved on the basis of His sacrificial offering of Himself in our place, thus paying the penalty for our sin. For, 'The wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord' (Rom. 6:23).

* There is no life apart from resurrection.

'For this corruptible must put on incorruption, 
and this mortal must put on immortality. 
But when this corruptible shall put on incorruption, 
and when this mortal shall put on immortality, 
then will take place the word that is written, 
"Death is swallowed up in victory.' 

(1 Cor. 15:53-54)  

* Again, these verses show the necessity for mortality to 'put on' immortality, and this only happens at resurrection.

‘Whatever your hand finds to do, 
do it with all your might; 
for there is no work, 
.. nor plan, 
.... nor knowledge, 
...... nor wisdom, 
in the grave where you go.’

(Eccl.9:10)   

In Christ Jesus
Chris

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  686
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 3:14 PM, starsong4 said:

If someone doesn't know about Christ

1 Peter chapter 4 verse 8

Love covers a great many sins.

Romans chapter 2 verse 14

(Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,776
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

On 3/9/2018 at 1:12 AM, Marilyn C said:

Hi starsong,

Pleased to meet you and share in your thread. Great question and very valid as it reveals more of God`s great mercy. God obviously knew that not all people would hear of Christ and His sacrifice for us - post cross. Then there were those who before the cross did not even know there was a saviour to come.

Now firstly let me say that all, yes all people are only covered by the Lord`s sacrifice. So...to those who don`t know about it, well God has revealed Himself through His handiwork - nature and the universe. People have been given a God-given conscience to know what is right and wrong. Thus people who honour God by living according to what they know about Him, shown by their right lives and behaviour, will be judged on that. They knew there was a God and they lived accordingly. Jesus` sacrifice covers that. Old Testament saints were given some more revelation of God and they believed that and it was shown by their lives, their works.

Thus Rev. 20 reveals that all people (except the Body of Christ and the OT saints) will be at the great white throne and judged according to their works. Those who lived wicked lives or denied Christ will go to the lake of fire, while those who lived according to their conscience will be covered by the Lord and go on to live on the new earth.

God only judges according to the revelation, the understanding people have of Himself  and of Christ, (if they know that).

Marilyn.

I am not sure where you are going with this, they are many Gods in which people believe, today as it has been all the time, even before the time of Jesus. 

The followers and worshippers of these Gods were and are called IDOLATERS , worshippers of Demons, 

and if you may carefully examined the culture of the Era before Jesus Christ and after , not the later centuries there were no atheists , the problem it was not atheism, but the multitute of Gods, not the true creator, if it maters to anyone but according to their beliefs many of their Gods had created everything together, so we had the God of the sea, the God of the air, the God of the ......

So what are you suggesting, that the paramount creteria is to have a good conscience. 

No matter how anyone may define a good consience, and a good consience towards who? 

Then why the Gospel is not about good consience. 

Then , what do you say , that Jesus die for the people of good consiense, and they did not need to have forginess of sins, and identified with his spirit and his eternal life? 

Why Jesus said to people, holy people the holiest people on earth not only by the way the lived but also because of the priesthood, and their attoning sacrifices, that if you do not believe in me , you are still in your sins. 

Are you suggesting that Jesus Christ, can choose to redeemed people who do not believe in him, even if the worship the Idols, or even the devil? 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0

On 3/10/2018 at 9:19 PM, john1 said:

Romans chapter 2 verse 14

(Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law.

I had to re-read my commentary in my bible about that one as I hadnt read it for a while and I can tell you that it doesnt necessarily mean what a lot of people here think. Its just saying that we all, saved or unsaved have a God-given conscience from birth and we all know how to use it to good effect if we havent allowed ourselves to sear it out of existence. We are all born with a basic knowledge of right and wrong and you can say that for many many people born into different religions or no religion. 

Does this mean then than that passage cannot imply that no one outside the body of Christ has any chance at all if they live and die without ever hearing even so much as the name of Jesus if they have lived a good life, having the law on their hearts as Romans 2:14 speaks of? I would rather not be the judge of that. And I do not believe that would be the case myself. I have heard, for example, some very credible stories about Muslims in the Middle East especially in Saudi Arabia saying that Jesus, the true Jesus came to them in their dreams and said to them I HAVE SAVED YOU. And it is only then they make some attempts to read the real gospel and not the spurious ones found in their Koran. But too many people like to use and abuse this passage as suggesting that people can have an excuse today when the gospel is being spread to every corner of the planet. And the fact is that some religions have some corrupted form of the gospel in them so they cannot say they havent heard something of the truth.

Remember that Jesus said NO ONE cometh unto the Father BUT BY ME and elsewhere it says that one must profess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord. NO EXCEPTIONS.

Edited by TheMatrixHasU71
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,776
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

On 3/12/2018 at 11:34 AM, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

I had to re-read my commentary in my bible about that one as I hadnt read it for a while and I can tell you that it doesnt necessarily mean what a lot of people here think. Its just saying that we all, saved or unsaved have a God-given conscience from birth and we all know how to use it to good effect if we havent allowed ourselves to sear it out of existence. We are all born with a basic knowledge of right and wrong and you can say that for many many people born into different religions or no religion. 

Does this mean then than that passage cannot imply that no one outside the body of Christ has any chance at all if they live and die without ever hearing even so much as the name of Jesus if they have lived a good life, having the law on their hearts as Romans 2:14 speaks of? I would rather not be the judge of that. And I do not believe that would be the case myself. I have heard, for example, some very credible stories about Muslims in the Middle East especially in Saudi Arabia saying that Jesus, the true Jesus came to them in their dreams and said to them I HAVE SAVED YOU. And it is only then they make some attempts to read the real gospel and not the spurious ones found in their Koran. But too many people like to use and abuse this passage as suggesting that people can have an excuse today when the gospel is being spread to every corner of the planet. And the fact is that some religions have some corrupted form of the gospel in them so they cannot say they havent heard something of the truth.

Remember that Jesus said NO ONE cometh unto the Father BUT BY ME and elsewhere it says that one must profess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord. NO EXCEPTIONS.

The Romans, the Persians, the Egyptians, the Greeks, all these nations not only at the time of Paul, but long, long time before that were civilized nations, they had civil laws, they had order in their communities. 

We see that Paul in his travels among the Gentiles he met people who lived by a high moral standard, with a consiense towards doing good to one another, not stealing respecting strangers and so on..... Paul is telling us that he felt safe among those people, just the same as if he was in his own country.   

He is telling us, inspite the fact that those people were idolaters, and not having anything to do with the keeping of the  Jewish Law, like been kosher or keeping the Sabath....and so on, they were idolaters with high standards of living in peace with one another, in other words not given to violence. 

They been idolaters they had proposed to them selfs to live with a high moral rule on their own, at some time they may have been influenced by the jews living among them. 

The same way it happens today, we have a lot non-Christians who have such a high standars of living that they put to same many of the Christians, not individuals but the unit as a whole. 

Even atheists or enemies of the Gospel they live today just as if the laws of God were written in their heart, the proposed in them selfs to live like that, they wright the script of how to live on their heart. 

• Thumbs Up 1