IGNORED

If someone doesn't know about Christ, and has never heard of Christ, then where do they go when they die?

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

http://www.icr.org/article/every-nation-under-heaven-using-understand/

"Likewise, there is no reason to reduce the miracle at Pentecost to an ethnically limited (or regional) event, as though it had to be restricted by Luke’s finite knowledge or observations of who was or was not present. Without any supposed need for “hyperbolic” exaggeration, God’s providence would have ensured that the pilgrims then present included at least one descendant from all 70 nations, as the biblical word “nation” was already defined by Genesis’ Table of Nations."

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/20/1990

Just now, simplejeff said:

He was just concerned rightly for your health and soul.

The same YHVH who blesses, also curses.

Well thanks for your concern but I am really not worried about it. And I kindly ask for you to mind your own businesses please. Harry Potter has absolutely nothing to do with this topic. So.... :off-topic: Let's get back to it shall we?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

11 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

"Likewise, there is no reason to reduce the miracle at Pentecost to an ethnically limited (or regional) event, as though it had to be restricted by Luke’s finite knowledge or observations of who was or was not present. Without any supposed need for “hyperbolic” exaggeration, God’s providence would have ensured that the pilgrims then present included at least one descendant from all 70 nations, as the biblical word “nation” was already defined by Genesis’ Table of Nations."

Like I said before, man decided what scripture meant, but scripture does not back this theory up.  Aren't you one of those who always tells us to take scripture for what it tells us, not mans ideas?

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Like I said before, man decided what scripture meant

Why would you say that ?  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

13 minutes ago, OneLight said:

but scripture does not back this theory up.

No theory needed for the truth, and no theory presented.

16 minutes ago, OneLight said:
28 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

Like I said before, man decided what scripture meant, but scripture does not back this theory up.  Aren't you one of those who always tells us to take scripture for what it tells us, not mans ideas?

1 minute ago, simplejeff said:

Like I said before, man decided what scripture meant

Why would you say that ?  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

but scripture does not back this theory up.

No theory needed for the truth, and no theory presented.

I say that because scripture tells us who was there and you brought in a web site, created by man, to try and prove every population in the world had a representative there.  You fail to tell me how, back in the time of Acts, they got there?  Did those who were from the farthest islands, isolated by thousands of miles of ocean, paddle their little canoes across the oceans to Israel?  Yes, it is a theory that every nation that was on the earth at that time was there.  It was a hyperbole, an obvious and intentional exaggeration.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, OneLight said:

I say that because scripture tells us who was there and you brought in a web site, created by man, to try and prove every population in the world had a representative there.  You fail to tell me how, back in the time of Acts, they got there?  Did those who were from the farthest islands, isolated by thousands of miles of ocean, paddle their little canoes across the oceans to Israel?  Yes, it is a theory that every nation that was on the earth at that time was there.  It was a hyperbole, an obvious and intentional exaggeration.

You're wrong.  I don't know any way to get through to you.   Without, long before that web site (that I found only a little while ago),

I knew the truth about Scripture as others have known also,  and I knew the traditions of men that you have learned instead of truth.

I will always stick with truth, in harmony with all scripture, instead of traditions of men that oppose scripture.  

The proof is probably going to be rather long for you to understand - tradition is difficult for many people to give up,  but if you are willing to seek the truth, and keep seeking the truth (from YHVH, not from me, though I bear witness of the truth and will help if YHVH permits)   it will be accomplished.

That is YHVH'S PROMISE in HIS WORD,  not my promise, so even if I say no more to you,  yet you do seek the truth and keep seeking the truth, you (and anyone else anywhere) will find it -- YHVH always keeps His Promise.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,868
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Birthday:  04/01/1968

6 hours ago, starsong4 said:

If someone doesn't know about Christ, and has never heard of Christ, then where do they go when they die?

Well I think it can be quite the dangerous thing to do, to assume to know what the judge will do.

does God send new born babies to hell, I don't know and I don't what to know, who would, sounds morbid to even fathom such thinking.

16 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

You're wrong.  I don't know any way to get through to you.   Without, long before that web site (that I found only a little while ago),

I knew the truth about Scripture as others have known also,  and I knew the traditions of men that you have learned instead of truth.

I will always stick with truth, in harmony with all scripture, instead of traditions of men that oppose scripture.  

The proof is probably going to be rather long for you to understand - tradition is difficult for many people to give up,  but if you are willing to seek the truth, and keep seeking the truth (from YHVH, not from me, though I bear witness of the truth and will help if YHVH permits)   it will be accomplished.

That is YHVH'S PROMISE in HIS WORD,  not my promise, so even if I say no more to you,  yet you do seek the truth and keep seeking the truth, you (and anyone else anywhere) will find it -- YHVH always keeps His Promise.

Show me I am wrong.  Show me in scripture one form of transportation at that time that would transport someone from Hawaii or the Amazon to Israel.  Show me how any country outside of the connected land mass could get there or even know what was going on in Israel.  Just one.  You have to out yourself in the culture of that time in order to understand what they were talking about.   It was not like today where people can fly around the world in a few days.   It takes more than a year to go from California to Australia in a small boat like during the times of Acts.  It would take longer to go from  California to Israel. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  34
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

6 hours ago, starsong4 said:

Oh, how often have I heard that one coming from people who are not willing to surrender all to Christ. Jesus Christ has to be first in every area of our lives. He said:

Matthew 6:33 - But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.

The people who ask me this, I always ask them why they are asking that question. It is almost never because they are worried about that poor indian who has never heard the gospel, it is more to challenge the gospel intellectually and find fault with it. I am not saying that you asked that question for the same reason. I am just sharing my experience with this question.

Paul talks about people who are not under the Law and says that they will be judged without the Law by their conscience:

Romans 2:15 - They show that the work of the law is written on their hearts, while their conscience also bears witness, and their conflicting thoughts accuse or even excuse them

The Spirit of God influences the conscience of man and man knows deep down what is right and wrong. They can either listen to their conscience or ignore it. That does not mean that they are born again. It is the influence of God on the conscience of man. It is the same as demonic influence, the demons can tempt us but that does not mean we are possessed by them. 

Also God seems to tackle this question in some passages and I strongly believe that man shall be judged according to the light that has been given to them, so I trust God's judgment which will be delivered in a perfect righteousness: 

Luke 12:47-48

47 And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.

48 But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.

This is also confirmed in another passage where Jesus is cursing cities with a series of Woes:

Matthew 11:20-24

20 Then began he to upbraid the cities wherein most of his mighty works were done, because they repented not:

21 Woe unto thee, Chorazin! woe unto thee, Bethsaida! for if the mighty works, which were done in you, had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes.

22 But I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon at the day of judgment, than for you.

23 And thou, Capernaum, which art exalted unto heaven, shalt be brought down to hell: for if the mighty works, which have been done in thee, had been done in Sodom, it would have remained until this day.

24 But I say unto you, That it shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom in the day of judgment, than for thee.

We see that the Lord Jesus is talking about how the judgment will be harsher on Capernaum and Chorazin because of the mighty works that were done in them. 

God considers the light that has been given to each person and will judge accordingly. 

May God bless you!

Edited by Eternal Call
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  29
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

13 minutes ago, Eternal Call said:

Oh, how often have I heard that one coming from people who are not willing to surrender all to Christ. Jesus Christ has to be first in every area of our lives. He said:

Matthew 6:33 - But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.

The people who ask me this, I always ask them why they are asking that question. It is almost never because they are worried about that poor indian who has never heard the gospel, it is more to challenge the gospel intellectually and find fault with it. I am not saying that you asked that question for the same reason. I am just sharing my experience with this question.

Wow, how interesting that you stated this. I actually first posted this question in another Christian message board with an example, but people were so focused on judging the people I used in the example that no real answers came, hence me asking it here without the example. I will post the example below in quotes (this is the exact full question I posted in the other forum. So I actually am concerned about others. I am also questioning the teachings as well. I am trying to understand. My inquiry is genuine, not for selfish reasons, not to avoid acceptance, but to understand..because I struggle to accept something that has seemed to be so unfair. I want the truth whether I like it or not but either way would like to have understanding of it. I can accept something I don't particularly like as long as I have some understanding of it. After all, how can someone understand if they cannot question? Please see below.

"Hello, there are a few things about teachings that I would like to understand. I have asked this question before but without an answer, which causes more confusion. As I understand it, if someone knows about Jesus Christ, then if they accept Jesus as their saviour they will enter Heaven. If they do not accept Jesus as their saviour, they will go to Hell. I have a lot of questions around that but the main one is: (PS-I know indigenous people were not without violence, please don't point this out to me as counter argument..I just want to understand the answer to the question point blank, as well as in context of this situation outlined below. Thank you.).

This brings up an example: Indigenous people who according to history have had the deepest connection with the Earth and nature, who by their teachings had a deep respect for our Earth and life itself..as far as I know they do not follow Christ. They were taught about Jesus in the most brutal and evil ways, which I've been told was not the work of Jesus but how could they be expected to go from their lives which were of deep connection to nature and themselves to following someone who they were taught about in brutal ways. Their lives became a version of hell because of invasion of their way of life. It makes absolutely no sense for them to go from a way of life that seems to have worked in deep relationship with nature to a way of life that in their experience caused unimaginable pain. 

I really deeply struggle with this. I would appreciate an understanding of the basic question I wrote above and also the situation that I outlined below the question. Thank you kindly."