• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,128
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On ‎4‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 6:20 PM, Ella said:

Hi my name is Ella  am struggling at the moment with things having blasphemous thoughts , thoughts of doing  bad things i need to be pure  i must be pure for Jesus i must try to live a good life and listen to Jesus i want to learn more about him the only way i know how to do that is read the bible  i want to love Jesus but i think ill never be good enough never be sin free  but i must be Jesus took my sin for me and died on the cross  for me  for everyone 

i pray over and over  i have to pray because i need him in my life i want to be clean i not clean enough  i have sins in my heart i dont mean to have them there but there apart of me i cant get away from my sins keep me from Jesus 

i must be good i must be clean and pure 

i want my life to mean something at the moment am not living my life pure enough for Jesus 

Hi Ella,

Thank you for sharing your difficult life. No wonder you are battling those terrible thoughts after being violated as you have been. Now we all have wrong thoughts and they come from Satan. So what you need to know first is that it is not from you. He is putting those thoughts into your mind and you are thinking those stinking thoughts are from yourself. Let me show you -

`...bringing every thought ....to the obedience of Christ.` (2 Cor. 10: 5)

Thoughts come from TV, what other people have said, or done etc. So we ask the Lord to help us stand against those thoughts. When they come, say I do not receive you and move on to an activity, or sing a praise song, the more you do this the more you will get stronger to go against the enemies onslaught to you.

Life with the Lord is a process and we all will be pure in heaven. However on earth we all have to battle against wrong thoughts every day.

Will keep praying for you. Marilyn. 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0

Must be pure....yes. But God offers us that purity as a gift. We don't earn it, work for it, deserve it, nor does it come from within, nor from our own strength of will or determination. It is offered as a gift to anyone who asks. Anyone who reaches out recognizing their need. The Bible calls it the righteousness of Christ, and as we come to God in faith and trust, He engraves our name on the palms of His hands accounting us as clean and forgiven in His sight. Also He offers us all the healing; physical, mental, and spiritual, that we need. Surrender to Him all your cares and frustrations and concerns, and trust Him to do what needs to be done. Keep praying...keep reading the Bible...keep fellowshiping with other believers, " and all things will work together for your good, because you love God and are called according to His purpose". Romans 8:28

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/08/1950

Hi Ella

Can you do this please dear sister?  Say to the Lord - "Lord, I am placing my trust in you without reservation and I thank you for healing me, in Jesus' name, Amen.".  God understands our simple prayer, and He will answer those prayers.  Sometimes it takes time but if you put your trust in Him, He will do it.  Love in Jesus' name, sister.

Another thought - it doesn't matter how many times you want to cry out - we are here to point the way to Jesus every time for you.:6:

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,009
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,202
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

Don't give up, Ella.  Jesus loves you more than you know.  You are righteous in Him through your faith in His sacrifice for you.   Please read some comforting verses in the Bible...many can be found in the Psalms.  Read a bit of the New Testament each day to help renew your mind.

If at all possible, talk to your doctor to see if you can reduce your medication.  If it interferes with your thinking ability, you might feel better on less meds.  Anyhow, this is something to consider and ask your doctor about.  God bless you.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  71
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

thank you all for replying to my post and thank you all for your prayers , last night i was feeling very bad to the point i wanted to take all the pills in the house  but good thing is my husband keeps all the medication locked up so i dont do that ... he hides the key as well  so i am safe , going to another group this morning then i have other stuff  to do  and then am home  ...keep praying over and over Our Father  keep wanting to retch out to God i need the feel the comfort it brings to me i prayed also the prayers that people posted here  this morning i feel a lot better keep getting ad thoughts and problems with my mental health ...am starting a new medication soon  thats meant to wake me up a little  ( one of the side effects can wake up ) i see my dr on the 14th ...i want to thank you all for taking the time to read and reply to my post it means so much to me  thank you .

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praying! 2

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  21
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Those who hunger and thirst for righteousness will be filled.

• Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

John 8:31–36 (NASB95)
31 So Jesus was saying to those Jews who had believed Him, “If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine;
32 and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.”
33 They answered Him, “We are Abraham’s descendants and have never yet been enslaved to anyone; how is it that You say, ‘You will become free’?”
34 Jesus answered them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who commits sin is the slave of sin.
35 “The slave does not remain in the house forever; the son does remain forever.
36 “So if the Son makes you free, you will be free indeed.

You are free. You are free from the slavery of an evil task master (the devil, an abusive spouse or parent, even from ourselves).

Sometimes we are our own worst enemies! Constantly coming down on ourselves over everything the Lord Jesus has already forgiven us over.

Many churches will play the blame game with guilt icing on the cake to control congregants. Beware of them as well. 

We ALL struggle. We ALL have sin natures to discipline 'til the day we die. And there are consequences for sin in this life...  there are. But they have no bearing

on the love of our Heavenly Father for we love his Son Jesus and believe his is from God.

John 16:26–27 (NASB95)
26 “In that day you will ask in My name, and I do not say to you that I will request of the Father on your behalf;
27 for the Father Himself loves you, because you have loved Me and have believed that I came forth from the Father.

All the things you have been led to believe were 'required of you' stem from a perversion of the Gospel message (1 Corinthians 15:1-4, John 3:16-18, Ephesians 2:8-10) usually citing Old Covenant passages (remember the Old Covenant did not end until Jesus died on the cross see Hebrew 9:16-17, so verses like Matthew 5:27-30 are under the Law). The Law is GOOD, says the Apostle Paul. But the misuse of it is evil wickedness. Galatians 3:24-25 (and on to verse 28) give the intended reason for the giving of the Law in the first place. It is to herd us (if you will) to grace. And if you don't or won't accept God's grace then the Law is the judge.

Also, you cannot keep yourself pure as if you somehow could keep your salvation. This is also the ongoing work of God.

It's interesting that the scriptures on how salvation is eternally secure indicate the active ongoing participation of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.

We are in the Father's hand (John 10:29)

The Son's hand (John 10:28)

The Holy Spirit leads us (John 16:13)

Our salvation is a covenant we will not walk away from (Jeremiah 32:40)

For we were never save din the first place if we could walk away from it (1 John 2:19).

Even if we could sin our salvation away... God is actively involved and will do this before we could ever lose our salvation:

1 Corinthians 5:5 (NASB95)
5 I have decided to deliver such a one to Satan for the destruction of his flesh, so that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

Even in the so called Christian bar of soap (1 John 1:9), in the Greek tense you will find his faithfulness to forgive our sins is ever active and unconditional.

He is faithful and just to already be being forgiving our sins. What's difference? Our sin separates us from God and his forgiveness... as far as we are concerned.

We never lose his love and forgiveness, we just separate ourselves from his love and grace and make ourselves and each other miserable needlessly.

I understand you said something about mental issues, mental health. This is a valid problem in this world. And can be a jailer and tormentor like few other things can be.

I recall a time when an just an evil thought caused me to rip my shirt. And friend, I went through a lot of ripped shirts. It was a particular low in my walk with Christ when I in effect

pushed him out of my life while I tried to deal with my sin alone.

We can't.

That's the point of the Law.

Does this mean give up trying altogether?

Of course not.

But remember Jesus told of his burden being light. Why? Because he shoulders it with you. You and I and all who believe are his yoke partners in life.

But WHEN we fail or fall he is not shocked or surprised but helps us back up .

Read 1 John 1:5 - 1 John 2:17 as a block of scripture text. Repeatedly until the point sinks in.

All Bible study is worthy and will familiarize us with our God and his plan for our lives.

But we have to let God be the interpreter of scripture (2Peter 1:20-21). It's his story to tell.

1 John 4:1 in conjunction with 1 Thessalonians 5:21 tells us to test everything including what we perceive of as the Holy Spirit (because it might not be him).

We do so with the scriptures themselves. Acts 17:11 (2 Timothy 3:16-17).

Too few Churches operate using these keys to the kingdom. The traditions of men they follow divide the Church with endless controversies and contradictions.

Just beware and remember your salvation is as your relationship to God... one to one.

We are all priests of God in Christ (Revelation 1:6, 5:10, 1 Peter 2:3-9).

But know this first... again -- 2 Peter 1:20-21 which tells us this is the first thing...

Be free indeed.

• Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

8 hours ago, JohnD said:

John 8:31–36 (NASB95)
31 So Jesus was saying to those Jews who had believed Him, “If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine;
32 and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.”
33 They answered Him, “We are Abraham’s descendants and have never yet been enslaved to anyone; how is it that You say, ‘You will become free’?”
34 Jesus answered them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who commits sin is the slave of sin.
35 “The slave does not remain in the house forever; the son does remain forever.
36 “So if the Son makes you free, you will be free indeed.

You are free. You are free from the slavery of an evil task master (the devil, an abusive spouse or parent, even from ourselves).

Sometimes we are our own worst enemies! Constantly coming down on ourselves over everything the Lord Jesus has already forgiven us over.

Many churches will play the blame game with guilt icing on the cake to control congregants. Beware of them as well. 

We ALL struggle. We ALL have sin natures to discipline 'til the day we die. And there are consequences for sin in this life...  there are. But they have no bearing

on the love of our Heavenly Father for we love his Son Jesus and believe his is from God.

John 16:26–27 (NASB95)
26 “In that day you will ask in My name, and I do not say to you that I will request of the Father on your behalf;
27 for the Father Himself loves you, because you have loved Me and have believed that I came forth from the Father.

All the things you have been led to believe were 'required of you' stem from a perversion of the Gospel message (1 Corinthians 15:1-4, John 3:16-18, Ephesians 2:8-10) usually citing Old Covenant passages (remember the Old Covenant did not end until Jesus died on the cross see Hebrew 9:16-17, so verses like Matthew 5:27-30 are under the Law). The Law is GOOD, says the Apostle Paul. But the misuse of it is evil wickedness. Galatians 3:24-25 (and on to verse 28) give the intended reason for the giving of the Law in the first place. It is to herd us (if you will) to grace. And if you don't or won't accept God's grace then the Law is the judge.

Also, you cannot keep yourself pure as if you somehow could keep your salvation. This is also the ongoing work of God.

It's interesting that the scriptures on how salvation is eternally secure indicate the active ongoing participation of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.

We are in the Father's hand (John 10:29)

The Son's hand (John 10:28)

The Holy Spirit leads us (John 16:13)

Our salvation is a covenant we will not walk away from (Jeremiah 32:40)

For we were never save din the first place if we could walk away from it (1 John 2:19).

Even if we could sin our salvation away... God is actively involved and will do this before we could ever lose our salvation:

1 Corinthians 5:5 (NASB95)
5 I have decided to deliver such a one to Satan for the destruction of his flesh, so that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

Even in the so called Christian bar of soap (1 John 1:9), in the Greek tense you will find his faithfulness to forgive our sins is ever active and unconditional.

He is faithful and just to already be being forgiving our sins. What's difference? Our sin separates us from God and his forgiveness... as far as we are concerned.

We never lose his love and forgiveness, we just separate ourselves from his love and grace and make ourselves and each other miserable needlessly.

I understand you said something about mental issues, mental health. This is a valid problem in this world. And can be a jailer and tormentor like few other things can be.

I recall a time when an just an evil thought caused me to rip my shirt. And friend, I went through a lot of ripped shirts. It was a particular low in my walk with Christ when I in effect

pushed him out of my life while I tried to deal with my sin alone.

We can't.

That's the point of the Law.

Does this mean give up trying altogether?

Of course not.

But remember Jesus told of his burden being light. Why? Because he shoulders it with you. You and I and all who believe are his yoke partners in life.

But WHEN we fail or fall he is not shocked or surprised but helps us back up .

Read 1 John 1:5 - 1 John 2:17 as a block of scripture text. Repeatedly until the point sinks in.

All Bible study is worthy and will familiarize us with our God and his plan for our lives.

But we have to let God be the interpreter of scripture (2Peter 1:20-21). It's his story to tell.

1 John 4:1 in conjunction with 1 Thessalonians 5:21 tells us to test everything including what we perceive of as the Holy Spirit (because it might not be him).

We do so with the scriptures themselves. Acts 17:11 (2 Timothy 3:16-17).

Too few Churches operate using these keys to the kingdom. The traditions of men they follow divide the Church with endless controversies and contradictions.

Just beware and remember your salvation is as your relationship to God... one to one.

We are all priests of God in Christ (Revelation 1:6, 5:10, 1 Peter 2:3-9).

But know this first... again -- 2 Peter 1:20-21 which tells us this is the first thing...

Be free indeed.

Great post!......isn’t it great to observe the True Sabbath?   What an easy yoke to live when we rest in His finished work...I pray all participants here discover it.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

8 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Great post!......isn’t it great to observe the True Sabbath?   What an easy yoke to live when we rest in His finished work...I pray all participants here discover it.

Thanks. And amen!