Wayne222

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

I think they had faith just like we do. Abraham faith is a model for our faith. I always thought they had the holy spirit which if they did not they were not regenerated. So it's good to found out.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

5 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

I think they had faith just like we do. Abraham faith is a model for our faith. I always thought they had the holy spirit which if they did not they were not regenerated. So it's good to found out.

I believe their faith is greater than what you will find today., much greater.  They did not have all that we have to help us, just life in general.  We have the teachings of Jesus, the writings of the Apostles and the Holy Spirit to direct us.  They did not ... amazing how much faith they had to follow God with so much less help.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

1 hour ago, OneLight said:

I believe their faith is greater than what you will find today., much greater.  They did not have all that we have to help us, just life in general.  We have the teachings of Jesus, the writings of the Apostles and the Holy Spirit to direct us.  They did not ... amazing how much faith they had to follow God with so much less help.

Don't forget they had direct contact with God And Angels. Like Daniel had vision of Angels many times. Abraham was visited  by three Angels and ate with them. Moses spoke to God face to face. Samson had great physical power by the holy spirit. We dont have this any more. But we have the writing of the Apostles. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

7 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

Don't forget they had direct contact with God And Angels. Like Daniel had vision of Angels many times. Abraham was visited  by three Angels and ate with them. Moses spoke to God face to face. Samson had great physical power by the holy spirit. We dont have this any more. But we have the writing of the Apostles. 

Yes, which were occasions while we have the Holy Spirit indwelling us daily, drawing us closer to God all the time.  I still believe their faith was greater.  Even Jesus asked in Luke 18:8 "Nevertheless, when the Son of Man comes, will He really find faith on the earth?"

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,157
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

11 hours ago, wingnut- said:

I think the difference is that God poured His Spirit out after Pentecost.  In the Old Testament times God was more selective in regards to who was filled with the Holy Spirit, and whom the Spirit came upon.  That is what the examples I posted indicate to me, that there was a difference before.

In regards to the question you asked Wayne about the captives, they were captive until Jesus was risen.  He could not lead them out of captivity until after He was resurrected.

areas of importance in weighing this out hermeneutically:

The distinction set forth

Matt 11:11-12
11 Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he. 12 And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.

Why is this so because we have been sealed with the indwelling of God The Holy Spirit
John 6:27
27 Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed.
KJV

2 Cor 1:20-24
20 For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.
21 Now he which stablisheth us with you in Christ, and hath anointed us, is God;
22 Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.
23 Moreover I call God for a record upon my soul, that to spare you I came not as yet unto Corinth.
24 Not for that we have dominion over your faith, but are helpers of your joy: for by faith ye stand.
KJV

Eph 1:13-14
13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.
KJV

This sealing is seen here keeping the activities of flesh separate from the s/Spirit Rom 7 into Rom 8
Matt 5:19
19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
KJV

In the Old Testament the Spirit departed from people: Samson,  King Saul etc. 

The regenerated portion of our spirit (being born again) along with The Holy Spirit the will never leave or forsake us flows into this precept
Heb 13:5-6
5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.6 So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.
KJV

Thus we are left with the responsibility of this truth now for us

Luke 12:48-51
48 But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.
49 I am come to send fire on the earth; and what will I if it be already kindled?
50 But I have a baptism to be baptized with; and how am I straitened till it be accomplished!
51 Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:
KJV
We have been given The Holy Spirit without end how shall answer for this ... this I believe is why the least in God's kingdom is greater than the greatest born of flesh 'John the baptist'

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  0

You know that you are genuinely Born Again of the spirit When you go to your prayer closet daily To pray and talk to Jesus like he is you best personal friend. There you can confess you sins daily.  Pray for others with out trying to look good for everyone else.

This is a truth but with out this relation ship with you and Him you cannot be Born Again. You think about that. How can you be Born again of the spirit if you have no spiritual relationship. He will meet you there. He will also speak to you about your prayers, if they are unselfish wise and true

Edited by Mike Mclees

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,378
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  09/30/1944

God's desire is that we fully understand who we really are in Him and the extent of the calling on the lives of His saints. The call is immense – full of His "kabod" glory, and it is vital to our covenant DESTINY in Christ that we have His revelation on the fullness of the call in this incredible hour we are chosen to serve Him in.

"For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works (labor), which God prepared beforehand (ordained before) that we should walk in them." -  Ephesians 2:10

MANIFEST THE FIRE AND GLORY WITHIN

Paul admonishes Timothy – as God would admonish all sons and daughters of God, to FAN INTO FLAMES the spiritual gift that has been given to us, deposited into our being, woven into our DNA, to be brought for the release of Kingdom glory, to do great damage to the kingdom of darkness, and release captives from spiritual imprisonment.

We are to let our light shine! This means to manifest the fire and the glory within! It is time to show up, to come forth, and arise!  Our journey after leaving the womb of our mother has been to find our way back to Father God, to the CALLING and original intention of God given to us individually before time began.

All children of God are BORN AGAIN IN CHRIST as Sons of God, indelibly united to the Firstborn Son of God. The Father chose us before, in Christ, to be the image of Christ. We are united to Him in life, call, purpose, and destiny – an army of voices crying out, "PREPARE THE WAY OF THE LORD!"

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1