IGNORED

Why is there no criminal liability for adultery?

Ogner

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  562
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0

Adultery is a crime?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,073
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

It is in Oklahoma but it's almost impossible to prosecute so it just isn't......    but it is against the law in Oklahoma.

1 minute ago, other one said:

It is in Oklahoma but it's almost impossible to prosecute so it just isn't......    but it is against the law in Oklahoma.

Why fraud is a crime, adultery is not a crime. 

I'm only asking, in the eyes of God, what is the difference?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,073
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

14 minutes ago, Ogner said:

Adultery is a crime?

2 minutes ago, Ogner said:

Why fraud is a crime, adultery is not a crime. 

I'm only asking, in the eyes of God, what is the difference?

Why there is no criminal liability for adultery?

The difference is in the way you put your questions.   you asked why there was no criminal liability for adultery and then asked "adultery is a crime?"

I answer that adultery is against the law in Oklahoma (it is a crime)  and then you change the question to only in the eyes of God....  I don't know where you are coming from so it kind of hard to try and answer your question......        Adultery could send you to jail in Oklahoma if one was found guilty of it, and Adultery could send you to hell just the same if God holds you guilty and does not pardon you for it.      Pay society in Oklahoma now, or pay God throughout eternity, or likely both if convicted in Oklahoma.

So what's your question????

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

49 minutes ago, Ogner said:

Adultery is a crime?

Adultery is a transgression against the Will of God for mankind..

It is a sin..

Edited by Adstar
Type error

38 minutes ago, other one said:

The difference is in the way you put your questions.   you asked why there was no criminal liability for adultery and then asked "adultery is a crime?"

I answer that adultery is against the law in Oklahoma (it is a crime)  and then you change the question to only in the eyes of God....  I don't know where you are coming from so it kind of hard to try and answer your question......        Adultery could send you to jail in Oklahoma if one was found guilty of it, and Adultery could send you to hell just the same if God holds you guilty and does not pardon you for it.      Pay society in Oklahoma now, or pay God throughout eternity, or likely both if convicted in Oklahoma.

So what's your question????

What about the other States? And what about the other Christian countries? 

Guest Butero
2 minutes ago, Ogner said:

What about the other States? And what about the other Christian countries? 

I know a woman that was prosecuted years ago for the crime of adultery in my state, but I don't hear of it being prosecuted anymore.  Like sodomy laws, the courts would probably just strike it down.  

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  131
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

Humans are prone to error. Reasonably speaking, marriage can be pretty difficult, even when people are trying to do the right thing. People enter into such a union because it helps them to grow, not because it is easy. I don't think a person should serve jail time for such a thing, but rather, that it be socially unacceptable.

The issue is that it has become much more acceptable. Even if a wife leaves her husband because she cheated on him, the courts favor her and look down on the man. People might give her a pat on the back for being an independent woman who can express her sexuality however she pleases. A man is less likely to receive praise, but many men out there believe that one woman simply isn't enough. Then you've got all of these open relationships, husbands who like to watch their wife with other men, and all that sexual immorality.

Yes, humans are prone to error. No, that does not mean we should smile upon it or reward it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Adultery was never a crime in most Christian nations, to my knowledge, even though the laws of Judeo-Christian countries were originally built on the laws of God, such as murder and stealing. The argument was that there was a need to balance free will and liberty, against morals.  So legislation against such transgressions as murder and theft were seen as necessary otherwise society would fall apart in a very short time. Adultery was seen as more of a personal choice, although the courts would legislate against it indirectly by making the guilty party suffer the most, in for example, divorce cases.

However, I have a sneaking suspicion that the real reason adultery was not deemed to be a criminal offence was because even the legislators were at it. How many kings, prime ministers, lords, and so on... have had mistresses? Many, no doubt. It's probably hypocrisy that has made adultery a minor offence, or not even an offence at all.

Of course, today things are even worse. The courts don't even seem to punish the guilty party when marital civil issues occur. In fact, settlements are based upon other things, such as the personal income of each party, and in many cases there is strong favouritism towards the woman, even if she is the one that cheated. I know of a number of cases where the wife cheated and the husband didn't, yet she still got half the house, forcing the man to lose thousands and move out of his home into a smaller place. Then of course, adultery is not even an issue these days as many people are choosing not to marry, and you can't commit adultery if marriage is not involved.

However, I must point out that although single people having sex with other single people may not be adulterous, it is still fornication, and is therefore still a sin!

12 minutes ago, OakWood said:

Adultery was never a crime in most Christian nations, to my knowledge, even though the laws of Judeo-Christian countries were originally built on the laws of God, such as murder and stealing. 

Until a few decades ago, adultery was a criminal offense in many countries where the dominant religion is Christianity, especially in Roman Catholic countries (see also the section on Europe

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adultery#Christianity