IGNORED

Why is there no criminal liability for adultery?

Ogner

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

19 hours ago, OakWood said:

Why even bring it up? Because that's the question the OP asked!

The opening poster who asked the question said the following:: 

Why fraud is a crime, adultery is not a crime. 

I'm only asking, in the eyes of God, what is the difference?

This lead me to believe that the opening poster was under the belief that God was conformed to the laws of worldly authorities .. That God saw Adultry as not being a crime because worldly authorities did not see it as a crime  and because fraud was a crime on earth then God conforms to the worldly authority..

My point was to say that God does not conform to worldly authorities and that worldly authorities vary in the amount they conform to the authroity of God..  And this is the reason why some worldly authorities have adultry as a crime and others do not have it as a crime.. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,559
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

For myself it is pretty simple:

..."Now out of the ground the Lord God had formed every beast of the field and every bird of the heavens and brought them to the man to see what he would call them. And whatever the man called every living creature, that was its name.  The man gave names to all livestock and to the birds of the heavens and to every beast of the field. But for Adam there was not found a helper fit for him.  So the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon the man, and while he slept took one of his ribs and closed up its place with flesh.  And the rib that the Lord God had taken from the man he made into a woman and brought her to the man.  Then the man said,

“This at last is bone of my bones
    and flesh of my flesh;
she shall be called Woman,
    because she was taken out of Man.”

Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh."....

-----

I have no need of conversation about what States or nations decree, nor do I have need of discussing what are so called Christian nations, or if a particular sect is Christan or not. For the Bible tells me of what pleases God regarding union, I only need to know which of two callings I may be led toward by God, either that like Paul of Tarus, or like the young  that burn for each other for whom it is best to marry rather than burn in lusts.

Nowhere does God indicate that I  or any person should be a free agent seeking only momentary   pleasure for themselves, in fact the entirety of the Bible litters pages with the sad result of such romps by depraved mankind.

For my sake, I am to have one wife, or none. I am not to partake of marital relations without the marriage. The marriage being the surrendering of the union under the blessings from God upon the relationship which is far more than sexual alone. It is a true becoming of one flesh where one will even die for the other.  And where one will stay  and care for their mate even through sickness all the way through to the final harshness in this flesh, the death upon a mate. 

I have been blessed with two such unions. One for 48 years of marriage unto death parting us. And a new one a young marriage of mature individuals in which I am just beginning the voyage.

I share that the world makes it hard to marry  in older age, for the civil laws conspire to make the sacrifice great when there are generations of heirs, plus government retirement stipends, private retirement funds, and even homes to blend. It is very tempting to not  make marriage offical, not bother with today's State decrees.  Yet the obedience to God being a far higher and stronger call than the sirens of society  calling out to seek only the pleasure and not the responsibility, the better choice is to make the sacrifices necessary to marry, a blessing  by God over two that become one.

To me it doesn't matter if a person may not understand my answer. I feel it is at this point desirable to post my own station and encouragement for all to seek out God's will first, then be as obedient to that will, as much as is possible under human frailty. Hopefully with God stretching that capacity beyond that which is just humanly  possible, to a stronger union that gives glory to Him.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  686
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 6:22 AM, Ogner said:

Adultery is a crime?

If both party's in a marriage don't love each other, and try to what is best for each other, it isn't going to work any way.

1 Peter chapter 4 verse 8

Love covers a great many sins.

I'm not saying it covers Adultery, that's done out of selfishness.

• 11 months later...

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

On 3/5/2018 at 5:22 AM, Ogner said:

Adultery is a crime?

Even if it is not / or were not/  a crime on earth,  why lose a soul just for temporal pleasure -  sinning ? 

look what is written:  (see who is NOT in heaven after this life) >

Showing results for in heaven no liars adulterers idolaters
Search Results

9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived:neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor ...

Bible verses about Liars Thieves Adulterers Fornicators Go To Hell. ... Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men .... “Then the kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins who took their lamps and ...

Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, .... for the sexually immoral, for homosexuals, for slave traders and liars and perjurers, .... with design, and not repented of, shuts out of the kingdom of heaven.

On 3/10/2018 at 7:54 PM, john1 said:

If both party's in a marriage don't love each other, and try to what is best for each other, it isn't going to work any way.

1 Peter chapter 4 verse 8

Love covers a great many sins.

If a husband and wife married couple CHOOSE to DO God's Word,  they will stay together.   (repenting, of course, as needed, as directed by God's Word) ....

If one of them CHOOSES to obey God's Word, and only one of them CHOOSES to disobey God's Word AND CHOOSES to leave, they are free to leave,  don't even try to hold them back. (yes,  this is written - I Was Very Surprised at this) .

On 3/5/2018 at 10:15 AM, LadyKay said:

I got married. And no I am not crazy. Though some may thing so. :35:

YES YES YES !  HALLELUYAH !   Everyone who chooses to BELIEVE and TRUST IN and RELY ON an INVISIBLE CREATOR

and a TRUE SAVIOR (the ONLY ONE - JESUS) ,   and willingly and joyously full of thanksgiving for HIS WAY to LIVE,

the world thinks IS CRAZY !  and the world(ly) cannot comprehend nor grasp anything about heaven or spiritual things at all (as written),

REJOICE EVERMORE !  

• 1 month later...

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  562
  • Content Per Day:  0.19

On 2/21/2019 at 12:51 AM, simplejeff said:

Even if it is not / or were not/  a crime on earth,  why lose a soul just for temporal pleasure -  sinning ? 

look what is written:  (see who is NOT in heaven after this life) >

Showing results for in heaven no liars adulterers idolaters
Search Results

9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived:neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor ...

Bible verses about Liars Thieves Adulterers Fornicators Go To Hell. ... Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men .... “Then the kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins who took their lamps and ...

Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, .... for the sexually immoral, for homosexuals, for slave traders and liars and perjurers, .... with design, and not repented of, shuts out of the kingdom of heaven.

Ok. I'm with you on that. 

however look what is written: what we should do with it

'It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and of a kind that even pagans do not tolerate: A man is sleeping with his father’s wife. And you are proud! Shouldn’t you rather have gone into mourning and have put out of your fellowship the man who has been doing this? For my part, even though I am not physically present, I am with you in spirit. As one who is present with you in this way, I have already passed judgment in the name of our Lord Jesus on the one who has been doing this. So when you are assembled and I am with you in spirit, and the power of our Lord Jesus is present, hand this man over to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, , so that his spirit may be saved on the day of the Lord. Your boasting is not good. Don’t you know that a little yeast leavens the whole batch of dough? Get rid of the old yeast, so that you may be a new unleavened batch—as you really are. For Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed. Therefore let us keep the Festival, not with the old bread leavened with malice and wickedness, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth. I wrote to you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people— not at all meaning the people of this world who are immoral, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters. In that case you would have to leave this world. But now I am writing to you that you must not associate with anyone who claims to be a brother or sister but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or slanderer, a drunkard or swindler. Do not even eat with such people. What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? God will judge those outside.

“Expel the wicked person from among you.”'

1 Corinthians 5:1-13

Edited by Ogner

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,016
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,292
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

On 3/5/2018 at 3:22 AM, Ogner said:

Adultery is a crime?

Didn't read the entire topic so maybe someone else mentioned this.   I've heard of a wife sueing the "other woman" for alienation of affection.   Sounds like a good deterrent....if they don't have a conscience about committing adultery with another's spouse, then hit them in the pocketbook!

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  813
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1

7 hours ago, Debp said:

Didn't read the entire topic so maybe someone else mentioned this.   I've heard of a wife sueing the "other woman" for alienation of affection.   Sounds like a good deterrent....if they don't have a conscience about committing adultery with another's spouse, then hit them in the pocketbook!

Actually i dont see the point of suing the other woman. If a man wants to be faithful, he would be faithful at all cost. Anyone and anything can come and tempt but a strong tower will never be shaken. Personally, if i was the wife, i would sue the man himself for causing me misery and heartache and yada yada. 

Nonetheless, adultery just like any other sins are punishable, and so is fornication according to God's Word. Even if it is not carried out legislatively, all those who know God's word would do well by not getting into it. But yes, again, to implement it is not a simple matter. There are many reasons and factors to consider. If we want to lump everything together and punish the offenders indiscrimately, then we would might as well have Syariah or Hudud Law, where adulterers are punished by being stoned to death or thieves have their limbs chopped off. 

Having said that, if we were to do this then, Jesus wouldn't need to have done what He did on the cross. Do we live under the law or under His grace? Of course obedience to God's Words is no question here. But if we were to punish every sin on earth, i guess, there would be very few people living on earth here right now.

Edited by Estrella

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

On 3/5/2018 at 3:22 AM, Ogner said:

Adultery is a crime?

Looking lustfully at a person is adultery (Matt 5:28). It would be hard to enforce that.