Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Jude1:3

The Rich Man and Lazarus

Recommended Posts

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice acting especially the rich man. 

As one youtube commentator astutely observed...

"The moral of this story is to put your trust in Jesus Christ. The rich man didn’t go to hell because he was rich nor did Lazarus went to heaven because he was poor. Lazarus trusted God through Jesus Christ and the rich man didn’t. No work alone can save you only putting your first and accepting Jesus Christ can save you eternally. Don’t miss this point bros and sisters . God loves you, accepted and believe into Jesus Christ."

  • Thumbs Up 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Yowm said:

Nice acting especially the rich man. 

As one youtube commentator astutely observed...

"The moral of this story is to put your trust in Jesus Christ. The rich man didn’t go to hell because he was rich nor did Lazarus went to heaven because he was poor. Lazarus trusted God through Jesus Christ and the rich man didn’t. No work alone can save you only putting your first and accepting Jesus Christ can save you eternally. Don’t miss this point bros and sisters . God loves you, accepted and believe into Jesus Christ."

I agree I agree There are alot of rich christians out there. It has nothing to do with rich or poor.

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tigger398 said:

I agree I agree There are alot of rich christians out there. It has nothing to do with rich or poor.

Relatively maybe.

Remember all Scripture ,  Jesus too, said there are not many who are saved. (not many at all, let alone rich)  There are many who are lost.

Even specifically the Apostle's say not many rich,  not many well to do,  not many educated. (are saved)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, simplejeff said:

Relatively maybe.

Remember all Scripture ,  Jesus too, said there are not many who are saved. (not many at all, let alone rich)  There are many who are lost.

Even specifically the Apostle's say not many rich,  not many well to do,  not many educated. (are saved)

 

And no poor person just because they are poor are saved either. I know you didn't say that but some not discerning may pick that up from the passage.

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Yowm said:

And no poor person just because they are poor are saved either.

Please, understand the mystery.

"Listen, my beloved brethren: Has God not chosen the poor of this world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom which He promised to those who love Him?" - James 2:5


"But woe to you who are rich,
    For you have received your consolation." - Luke 6:24

 

Glory to God! Amen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

Please, understand the mystery.

"Listen, my beloved brethren: Has God not chosen the poor of this world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom which He promised to those who love Him?" - James 2:5


"But woe to you who are rich,
    For you have received your consolation." - Luke 6:24

 

Glory to God! Amen.

I realize that but being poor no more guarantees salvation than being rich. The problem with the rich is their self sufficiency but it still takes Jesus Christ to save. The Father of our faith is Abraham and he was wealthy in both ways.

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Yowm said:

The Father of our faith is Abraham and he was wealthy in both ways.

But he trusted in God.

"For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." - Matthew 6:21

Edited by 4LdKHVCzRDj2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

But he trusted in God.

"For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." - Matthew 6:21

That's what counts.

  • Praise God! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The rich man didn't go to hell because he was rich.  He went to hell, in part, for the same reason Sodom and Gomorrah were annihilated.

The prophet Ezekiel said that Sodom was proud, overfed, and basically wallowed in their own prosperity.  Plus, they would not take care of the basic needs of the poor.  That in addition to "detestable things".

Lazarus sat where the rich man could see him everyday.  He longed just for scraps from his table.

Why didn't the rich man have compassion and take him in, call a doctor to treat his sores, and feed him AT the table?  It's what the proverbial good Samaritan would have done.

 

 

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×