• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  170
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/21/1958

2 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Which is how date setters keep their foot in the door.  

True that, but then you see them construct an elaborate mathematical system using anything and everything.  They change weeks to years, days to years, years back to days.  I read Harold Camping's writings on dating the rapture.  He missed it at least three times and had to recalculate. ? Then I read his section on salvation. Nobody could possibly get saved the way he believed.  I know we're not supposed to say that someone is not saved on this site, but Mr. Camping was as lost as a ball in tall grass. Google it. My church would never accept his public profession as valid.  I bet nobody here would either. Sorry for the rant against date setters.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,139
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

12 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

I didn't say all "Christians."  I said all genuine followers of Jesus.  Not every person who bears the title of "Christian"  is a genuine follower of Jesus.

Are not ALL Christian suppose to be genuine followers of Christ?Can you give an example of a Christian who's not?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,957
  • Content Per Day:  0.57

Let's take a look at you

12 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Those are not signs for the rapture.  And Matt. 24 is for the Jews not the Church

And what about Mark 13,heck even Revelations,as all the seals from Revelations are in both chapters?

Trust and believe they are not signs for a rapture!

Can you help me to understand,what part of the Bible is written for the Jew's,and which for the Church?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,957
  • Content Per Day:  0.57

"Can you help me to understand,what part of the Bible is written for the Jew's,and which for the Church?"

Read your Bible and understand this truth

If you do not get it you will remain ignorant

9 minutes ago, Daniel 11:36 said:

"Can you help me to understand,what part of the Bible is written for the Jew's,and which for the Church?"

Read your Bible and understand this truth

If you do not get it you will remain ignorant

Isn't it your job to help me understand?

Yet you won't address Mark 13,boy stop!!!!

Edited by n2thelight

13 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

No because Jesus said it will take us by surprise. 

No He did not!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Thessalonians 5:4 "But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief."

Only if you are in darkness will this Day overtake you.Why do you all always leave that verse out?

Guess I have my answer,you all are in the dark.

Edited by n2thelight

Guest shiloh357
4 hours ago, n2thelight said:

Are not ALL Christian suppose to be genuine followers of Christ?Can you give an example of a Christian who's not?

There are people who are "Christian"  but in name only.  They embrace the external Christians traditions, they live in cultural Christianity, but never got born again.   They belong to the Christian religion, but have no saving relationship with Jesus. 

3 hours ago, n2thelight said:

And what about Mark 13,heck even Revelations,as all the seals from Revelations are in both chapters?

Trust and believe they are not signs for a rapture!

Can you help me to understand,what part of the Bible is written for the Jew's,and which for the Church?

It's not that there are parts of the Bible that are written for the Jews and parts that are for the Church in the manner you imply.   The point is that when Jesus was giving the Olivette discourse, his focus was on what was going to happen to Israel, not the Church.  That is one reason why anti-rapture people get confused when they are trying to refute the rapture with Matt. 24.   Matt. 24 focuses on what is going to happen to Israel here on earth.   Israel will not be in the rapture.  They will still be here and Jesus' focus is on their plight during the Tribulation.

That is why it appears that the anti-Rapture crowd "appears" to have Scripture that backs their position.  They are misapplying it to the Church.

3 hours ago, n2thelight said:

No He did not!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Thessalonians 5:4 "But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief."

Only if you are in darkness will this Day overtake you.Why do you all always leave that verse out?

Guess I have my answer,you all are in the dark.

That verse is talking about the day of the Lord, not the rapture. 

But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you. For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape. But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. (1Th 5:1-4)

You are misapplying verse 4 to something it is not talking about.   Verse 4 is not talking about the rapture.  The rapture is what I said will take us by surprise.  We are watching and are ready.  It will be a pleasant surprise for us who are saved.

22 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

That verse is talking about the day of the Lord, not the rapture. 

But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you. For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape. But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. (1Th 5:1-4)

So what verse is a surprise for the rapture?

24 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

It's not that there are parts of the Bible that are written for the Jews and parts that are for the Church in the manner you imply.   The point is that when Jesus was giving the Olivette discourse, his focus was on what was going to happen to Israel, not the Church.  That is one reason why anti-rapture people get confused when they are trying to refute the rapture with Matt. 24.   Matt. 24 focuses on what is going to happen to Israel here on earth.   Israel will not be in the rapture.  They will still be here and Jesus' focus is on their plight during the Tribulation.

That is why it appears that the anti-Rapture crowd "appears" to have Scripture that backs their position.  They are misapplying it to the Church.

And what about Mark 13,also how do you reconcile the fact the the seals of Rev are given in both Mark 13 and Matt 24?Guess the book of Revelation is for Israel as well.

Also the one taken and the one left?

Mark says what I say to you I say to ALL,WATCH,who are the all?

Guest shiloh357
Just now, n2thelight said:

So what verse is a surprise for the rapture?

Any verse that refers to the coming of the Lord as being something that is imminent, that could happen at any time without notice.    That cannot apply to the 2nd coming because we know that the 2nd coming is preceded by a sequence of events laid out for us in Revelation.   It will not be like thief in the night.

Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh. (Mat 25:13)

There are no signs that will tell us when that happens.  We don't know when it will happen.  Unlike the 2nd coming that has several events that must precede it, the rapture has no signs.  It will take everyone by surprise.  For some the surprise will be wonderful, and for others it will be dreadful.