IGNORED

Just How Close is the RAPTURE?

Dennis1209

Guest shiloh357
Just now, n2thelight said:

How can there be a resurrection before the first one?

The term "first" simply distinguishes between the resurrection of the Tribulation saints and the resurrection of the unrighteous dead, 1,000 years later.

Some Christian scholars also make the argument that the first resurrection actually occurs in two phases, with phase one being the resurrection of those in the Church and the Old Testament saints at the rapture and before the Tribulation and the Tribulation saints at the just prior to the Millennium.   

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,139
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

6 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

The term "first" simply distinguishes between the resurrection of the Tribulation saints and the resurrection of the unrighteous dead, 1,000 years later.

Some Christian scholars also make the argument that the first resurrection actually occurs in two phases, with phase one being the resurrection of those in the Church and the Old Testament saints at the rapture and before the Tribulation and the Tribulation saints at the just prior to the Millennium.   

So the dead in Christ whom Paul says can't precede the living,are the tribulation saints?

And first really don't mean first?

I mean seriously,you can't see how this theory butchers the Word to make it fit?

• Thumbs Up 2

Guest shiloh357
6 minutes ago, n2thelight said:

So the dead in Christ whom Paul says can't precede the living,are the tribulation saints?

No, Paul said that the living cannot precede those who died Christ.  they are raised first and we which are alive and remain will be taken up after them.

And first really don't mean first?

It's like when the Bible refers to Jesus as "Firstborn of creation"  even though Jesus is God and preexisted creation.  Jesus, as God was never born, but as God, is the "Firstborn of creation."    How is Jesus the first born if Jesus was never actually born?   It simply means "chief" or "the head of."   "Firstborn" refers to Jesus' preeminence.   Sometimes terms as they are/were used in that part of the world don't mean the same as when we use them in our modern expressions.  Ancient near eastern terminology doesn't always treat terminology with the precision we demand.

I mean seriously,you can't see how this theory butchers the Word to make it fit?

Not butchering anything at all.  

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,139
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

19 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

No, Paul said that the living cannot precede those who died Christ.  they are raised first and we which are alive and remain will be taken up after them.

My slip,so is the above the rapture?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  255
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

6 hours ago, Daniel 11:36 said:

"How many resurrections are there,and when is the last day?"

There are 3 resurrections: the pre-tribulation church, the two witnesses during the coming tribulation period, and the tribulation saints who will die during the tribulation period

The "last day" is the term used for the Lord's very next intervention and includes the 70th week decreed for Israel  

I see it was answered above.

Edited by Brother Duke

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  3,986
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

4 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

You have the resurrection that occurs at the Rapture, which is all of the saints who died in Christ and also includes the OT saints (I Thess. 4: 13-18; I Cor. 15: 50-53)   Then you have the first resurrection that occurs at the end of the Tribulation, which is the resurrection of the Tribulation Saints who got saved and died during the Tribulation period.   There is also the Second resurrection at the of the millennium which is all of the unrighteous dead who will stand before the Great White Throne

Paul spells it out pretty clearly:

• For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all will be made alive.  But each in his own order: Christ the first fruits, after that those who are Christ’s at His coming, then the end, when He hands over the kingdom to the God and Father, when He has abolished all rule and all authority and power.  1 Corinthians 15:22-24

No need to complicate things.

Guest shiloh357
Just now, Last Daze said:

Paul spells it out pretty clearly:

• For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all will be made alive.  But each in his own order: Christ the first fruits, after that those who are Christ’s at His coming, then the end, when He hands over the kingdom to the God and Father, when He has abolished all rule and all authority and power.  1 Corinthians 15:22-24

No need to complicate things.

Nothing I said is complicated.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  3,986
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

Just now, shiloh357 said:

Nothing I said is complicated.

I didn't say it was complicated, I said it complicated things.  When you make stuff up, it complicates the truth.  I posted scripture.  You posted conjecture.  It's not that complicated.

Guest shiloh357
7 minutes ago, Last Daze said:

I didn't say it was complicated, I said it complicated things.  When you make stuff up, it complicates the truth.  I posted scripture.  You posted conjecture.  It's not that complicated.

I didn't make anything up or post conjecture.  I posted the order of the resurrections as they are given to us in Scripture.