Dennis1209

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  1

Luke 21:34  “But watch yourselves lest your hearts be weighed down with dissipation and drunkenness and cares of this life, and that day come upon you suddenly like a trap. 
35  For it will come upon all who dwell on the face of the whole earth. 
36  But stay awake at all times, praying that you may have strength to escape all these things that are going to take place, and to stand before the Son of Man.”

Dissipation - the act of dissipating.
a wasting by misuse:
the dissipation of a fortune.
mental distraction; amusement; diversion.
dissolute way of living, especially excessive drinking of liquor; intemperance.

Edited by Waggles
  • Well Said! 1

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  494
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

On 3/5/2018 at 3:55 PM, Dennis1209 said:

This short article from the website 'Rapture Ready' outlines just how close our redemption is, if you're a pre-tribulation believer. It nicely dovetails my own view and opinion of the 'season' of the catching up of believers. Rather than copy and paste, the link is below for those interested.

http://www.raptureready.com/2018/03/03/rapture-close-thoughts-matthew-l-rice/

The rapture is at least 1007 years away.  The rapture takes place at the resurrection of those who are believers.  This takes place as Jesus told us at the last day which is at the end of the thousand years.  This is form John 6:
39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

We will not precede them.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.77

2 hours ago, seeking the lost said:

The rapture is at least 1007 years away.  The rapture takes place at the resurrection of those who are believers.  This takes place as Jesus told us at the last day which is at the end of the thousand years.  This is form John 6:
39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

We will not precede them.

I believe you to be wrong about this - there is a first resurrection of the saints, the body of Christ, when Jesus returns in power and glory with his angels. And there is a second resurrection for all other peoples, including many who deem themselves to be Christians. 

Rev 20:5  The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended. This is the first resurrection. 
20:6  Blessed and holy is the one who shares in the first resurrection! Over such the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ, and they will reign with him for a thousand years. 

1Cor 15:51  Behold! I tell you a mystery. We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, 
52  in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we shall be changed.

1Thess 4:14  For since we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so, through Jesus, God will bring with him those who have fallen asleep. 
15  For this we declare to you by a word from the Lord, that we who are alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep. 
16  For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 
17  Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord. 

Edited by Waggles

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  494
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

16 hours ago, Waggles said:

I believe you to be wrong about this - there is a first resurrection of the saints, the body of Christ, when Jesus returns in power and glory with his angels. And there is a second resurrection for all other peoples, including many who deem themselves to be Christians. 

Rev 20:5  The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended. This is the first resurrection. 
20:6  Blessed and holy is the one who shares in the first resurrection! Over such the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ, and they will reign with him for a thousand years. 

1Cor 15:51  Behold! I tell you a mystery. We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, 
52  in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we shall be changed.

1Thess 4:14  For since we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so, through Jesus, God will bring with him those who have fallen asleep. 
15  For this we declare to you by a word from the Lord, that we who are alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep. 
16  For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 
17  Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord. 

Those who are part of the first resurrection are truly blessed but it does not include all Christians.  Only those that have lost their lives during the tribulation are included.  There is a danger to add to the list because of the warning not to add to the words of this prophesy.  The first resurrection takes place at the end of the tribulation.  This is not the LAST day that Jesus spoke about.  The rest of the dead that are raised at the end of the thousand years includes the dead in Christ just as Jesus said.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  4,263
  • Content Per Day:  2.95

On 3/5/2018 at 1:55 PM, Dennis1209 said:

This short article from the website 'Rapture Ready' outlines just how close our redemption is, if you're a pre-tribulation believer. It nicely dovetails my own view and opinion of the 'season' of the catching up of believers. Rather than copy and paste, the link is below for those interested.

http://www.raptureready.com/2018/03/03/rapture-close-thoughts-matthew-l-rice/

According to that original article from early 2018, they were anticipating the rapture by May of this year. Although they make no claim of date-setting it's a bit of word-play on their part. Anyway, we've still got a couple months.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,059
  • Content Per Day:  7.06
  • Days Won:  96

On 2/19/2021 at 12:49 PM, Waggles said:

No this is a warning for disciples to persevere. For the last days will be dreadful (most likely nuclear war) and many will faint and backslide.

Our job is to uphold our testimonies and to preach the gospel right up to the last day. 

Well said, brother. Patience, a fruit of the Spirit, is the foundation of endurance which the Lord cultivates in His holy ones (saints). We patiently endure, giving thanks and rejoicing always for we know this:

All things proceed according to the will and purpose of the Almighty, our Lord and God. Who can stand against the Lord, and who is like Him?

Let everyone remember that the holy ones of Christ, those who bear the testimony of His Word and Spirit, have faced tribulation in this world since our Savior ascended to sit with our Father upon His throne. The warning of Christ to the disciples is also a warning for us, and indeed for all of His disciples throughout time.

As He suffered, so we suffer. What did He tell us? Do not let your heart be troubled nor afraid. This is what the Lord has given to me for the sake of His Body, in service to my brothers and sisters in Christ who bear the testimony of Jesus Christ and are thus sealed by His Spirit:

We have nothing to fear, my friends. During the darkest of times when this flesh was ravaged and I was close to death, I heard the voice of the Lord and He said to me, You shall never taste death. Rise and stand upon your feet.

The Lord did not forget me, the least of brethren. What does this say, then? The Son of God will not forget a single one our Father has committed into His hand. The Lord shall keep us from the evil until our appointed time comes. :) 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.66

19 hours ago, Waggles said:

I would like to suggest that you add for clarity

Revelation 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

because without it, this verse 'seems' to say "the resurrection at the end of the 1000 years is the first resurrection"  instead of at the beginning of them.     

Revelation 20:5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

I only mention it because it is easy to confuse what is being said without it.  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Marathoner said:

Let everyone remember that the holy ones of Christ, those who bear the testimony of His Word and Spirit, have faced tribulation in this world since our Savior ascended to sit with our Father upon His throne. The warning of Christ to the disciples is also a warning for us, and indeed for all of His disciples throughout time.

As He suffered, so we suffer. What did He tell us? Do not let your heart be troubled nor afraid. This is what the Lord has given to me for the sake of His Body, in service to my brothers and sisters in Christ who bear the testimony of Jesus Christ and are thus sealed by His Spirit:

This is what makes me think some have 'already been blinded' and now love the lie,  as they don't see how this is HOW God works and He isn't going to change for anyone.    

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,103
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

On 3/5/2018 at 2:55 PM, Dennis1209 said:

This short article from the website 'Rapture Ready' outlines just how close our redemption is, if you're a pre-tribulation believer.

Hey, I've been hearing this for 50 years! Others long dead in the past heard it too. So I guess "close"  is a relative term, since most of the NT authors thought the same thing. (And I note that this is a three-year old post. :rolleyes:)

There are definite prophecies that have yet to be fulfilled before the Lord comes -- not that pre-tribbers would ever believe this.

• Thumbs Up 1

What is written about 'flying away' OR 'taking flight'

We know what God will do by what God has done.  His ways do not change, He is not a respecter of persons, the Body of Christ of ONE.  The EXAMPLE has been given us of 'how to get it done',  The Lord was perfected by the things he suffered, AS WE WILL BE.  God didn't spare His only Begotten, he will not treat us differently.  

Isaiah 52:1 Awake, awake; put on thy strength, O Zion; put on thy beautiful garments, O Jerusalem, the holy city: for henceforth there shall no more come into thee the uncircumcised and the unclean.

Isaiah 52:2 Shake thyself from the dust; arise, and sit down, O Jerusalem: loose thyself from the bands of thy neck, O captive daughter of Zion.

Isaiah 52:3 For thus saith the LORD, Ye have sold yourselves for nought; and ye shall be redeemed without money.

Isaiah 52:4 For thus saith the Lord GOD, My people went down aforetime into Egypt to sojourn there; and the Assyrian oppressed them without cause.

Isaiah 52:5 Now therefore, what have I here, saith the LORD, that my people is taken away for nought? they that rule over them make them to howl, saith the LORD; and my name continually every day is blasphemed.

Isaiah 52:6 Therefore my people shall know my name: therefore they shall know in that day that I am he that doth speak: behold, it is I.

Isaiah 52:7 How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!

Isaiah 52:8 Thy watchmen shall lift up the voice; with the voice together shall they sing: for they shall see eye to eye, when the LORD shall bring again Zion.

Isaiah 52:9 Break forth into joy, sing together, ye waste places of Jerusalem: for the LORD hath comforted his people, he hath redeemed Jerusalem.

Isaiah 52:10 The LORD hath made bare his holy arm in the eyes of all the nations; and all the ends of the earth shall see the salvation of our God.

Isaiah 52:11 Depart ye, depart ye, go ye out from thence, touch no unclean thing; go ye out of the midst of her; be ye clean, that bear the vessels of the LORD.

Isaiah 52:12 For ye shall not go out with haste, NOR GO BY FLIGHT for the LORD will go before you; and the God of Israel will be your rereward.

4498 MANOS  -  FLIGHT, PLACE OF ESCAPE OR REFUGE
which comes the word

4499 MENUSAH  -  FLIGHT

Isaiah 52:13 Behold, my servant shall deal prudently, he shall be exalted and extolled, and be very high.

Isaiah 52:14 As many were astonied at thee; His visage was so marred more than any man, and his form more than the sons of men:

Isaiah 52:15 So shall he sprinkle many nations; the kings shall shut their mouths at him: for that which had not been told them shall they see; and that which they had not heard shall they consider.

WHO STARTED THE RAPTURE THEORY?  MARGARET MACDONALD

Ezekiel 13:17 Likewise, thou son of man, set thy face against the daughters of thy people, which prophesy out of their own heart;  and prophesy thou against them,

Ezekiel 13:18 And say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Woe to the women that sew pillows to all armholes, and make kerchiefs upon the head of every stature to hunt souls! Will ye hunt the souls of my people, and will ye save the souls alive that come unto you?

Ezekiel 13:19 And will ye pollute me among my people for handfuls of barley and for pieces of bread, to slay the souls that should not die, and to save the souls alive that should not live, by your lying to my people that hear your lies?

Ezekiel 13:20 Wherefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I am against your pillows, wherewith ye there hunt the souls to make them fly, and I will tear them from your arms, and will let the souls go, even the souls that ye hunt to make them fly.

Ezekiel 13:21 Your kerchiefs also will I tear, and deliver my people out of your hand, and they shall be no more in your hand to be hunted; and ye shall know that I am the LORD.

Ezekiel 13:22 Because with lies ye have made the heart of the righteous sad, whom I have not made sad; AND STRENGTHENED THE HANDS OF THE WICKED THAT HE SHOULD NOT RETURN FROM HIS WICKED WAY BY PROMISING HIM LIFE. 

PROMISING LIFE is used by the WICKED.  

Matthew 24:4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.

Matthew 24:5 FOR MANY SHALL COME IN MY NAME, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

Do not be deceived by any man AND many saying I am CHRISTIAN will come and will deceive many.  

• Well Said! 1