Dennis1209

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  1

Hebrews 6:7  For land that has drunk the rain that often falls on it, and produces a crop useful to those for whose sake it is cultivated, receives a blessing from God. 
6:8  But if it bears thorns and thistles, it is worthless and near to being cursed, and its end is to be burned. 

Malachi 4:1  “For behold, the day is coming, burning like an oven, when all the arrogant and all evildoers will be stubble. The day that is coming shall set them ablaze, says the LORD of hosts, so that it will leave them neither root nor branch. 
4:2  But for you who fear my name, the sun of righteousness shall rise with healing in its wings. You shall go out leaping like calves from the stall. 
4:3  And you shall tread down the wicked, for they will be ashes under the soles of your feet, on the day when I act, says the LORD of hosts.

Nahum 1:5  The mountains quake before him; the hills melt; the earth heaves before him, the world and all who dwell in it. 
1:6  Who can stand before his indignation? Who can endure the heat of his anger? His wrath is poured out like fire, and the rocks are broken into pieces by him. 
1:7  The LORD is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble; he knows those who take refuge in him. 

Are we ready? Will we find strength when everybody else is fainting in fear? 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.66
  • Days Won:  0

10 hours ago, Waggles said:

Are we ready? Will we find strength when everybody else is fainting in fear? 

I am ready,  and just trying to get others ready too!!  Four winds can't blow until all those who have to be sealed are.    All on Gods time.  We just have to make sure that Gods Truth is out there to be found.  

Will they be in fear?  No, they will be deceived just like Eve.  

How does deception come?  The 'Pre Trib' has everyone convinced that it is going to be death and destruction everywhere. But as pre trib is a lie, don't you think that THEIR telling of 'what it will be like' is a lie also?  Christians being tortured and killed and the earth dying and wars every where mass destruction.  BUT THAT IS ALL KNOWLEDGE OF THE WORLD, CARNAL.  That is how a man walking in the flesh reads and sees the Bible.  

BUT we of the SPIRIT, have got to SEE it as it is written, spiritually.  I always remember 'let the dead bury their dead' because it tells us that whether breathing or not, without faith DEAD is 2 kinds of dead.  Body and soul.  

BUT IS that what Gods Word tells us?  WHAT does the Spirit say and WHY don't we HEAR IT?  Deception is all around us and doesn't want us to know that it will be SUPER SIMPLE to be deceived.  

Ephesians 6:10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. 11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

12 For we wrestle NOT AGAINST FLESH AND BLOOD, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

DEATH is coming for our HEARTS,  our loyalty, our faithfulness.  Death is going to use our LACK OF KNOWLEDGE.  Death has taken the word ANTI and made it to sound like 'the OPPOSITE' in all ways when it really means INSTEAD OF.  Death wants to sit on that mercy seat, wants to be worshipped AS GOD.  The world is going to think he is, come to save us, make this a better place for ALL so that the world LOVES HIM.  WE would love him too, IF GOD had not shortened the days.  That is one of the scariest verses in the whole bible.  

OUR instructions are to BE PREPARED with the wisdom and knowledge and do as HE has instructed us.  

13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

What is the armor?  Knowledge, FAITH, Trust in Him.  WHAT are the first words Satan uttered???  

Genesis 3:1   Yea, HATH GOD SAID....  Satan knows what God has said but he cann't UNDERSTAND it all, if he could he would not have had Jesus Christ crucified would he?

How did he tempt Christ?

Matthew 4:3 And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread.

4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

5 Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple,

6 And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.

7 Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.

8 Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;

9 And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.

I WILL GIVE............... IF YOU WILL................

14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

WE have to have TRUTH.  Not what man claims to be truth but AS IT IS WRITTEN truth.  And we have to have EXercised ourselves in walking in it, we need to be practiced at walking RIGHT, Gods right ways.  

15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

How many times a day does someone try and steal from you what the Lord left us?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

The pre trib theory PROMOTES this more than anything else I know.  BE AFRAID.  DON'T GET LEFT BEHIND.  WE NEED TO ESCAPE WHAT IS COMING.  On and on working DIRECTLY AGAINST CHRIST.   

16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

FAITH is our shield and with it ALL the fiery darts of the wicked are quenched.  IF you can have FAITH IN THIS, you know there is no need TO BE PRE TRIB TAKEN CARE OF

17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

We need to be familiar with the way Satan works, how he is going to appear on the scene, what will happen first and what he will be required to live in 'his kingdom' peacefully and prosperously.  

18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

We are to STAY in communication with the Lord, WATCHING

19 And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,

How does Satan deceive?  

Daniel 11:30 For the ships of Chittim shall come against him therefore he shall be grieved, and return, and have indignation against the holy covenant so shall he do; he shall even return, and have intelligence with them that forsake the holy covenant.

31 And arms shall stand on his part, and they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate.

32 And such as do wickedly against the covenant SHALL HE CORRUPT BY FLATTERIES  but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits.

33 And they that understand among the people shall instruct many yet they shall fall by the sword, and by flame, by captivity, and by spoil, many days.

34 Now when they shall fall, they shall be holpen with a little help but many shall cleave to them with flatteries.

35 And some of them of understanding shall fall, to try them, and to purge, and to make them white, even to the time of the end because it is yet for a time appointed.

36 And the king shall do according to his will; and he shall exalt himself, and magnify himself above every god, and shall speak marvellous things against the God of gods, and shall prosper till the indignation be accomplished for that that is determined shall be done.

37 Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god for he shall magnify himself above all.

WHEN you hear 'PEACE AND SAFETY'.  If only the called understood that THE CHOSEN will be those who are taken for the trial, they will be the ones killed, they are the ones who WILLINGLY, just as Christ WILLINGLY went to the Cross, will be standing up and they just need to remain FAITHFUL and not be taken in by the deception that has come upon the whole world to not fall down and worship though the whole world will be telling them THEY ARE WRONG, that Christ has indeed returned and they need to take the mark and come into the fold and live this peaceful and prosperous life.  BUT what isn't understood is that THOSE WHO HAVE HAVE BECOME the walking dead.  MANY have been killed, NOT PHYSICALLY, but spiritually.  

Well I've gone off on a tangent once again.   I believe you already are aware of all this so I am just going to say it isn't for you, just inspired by your post.  

13 minutes ago, SONshine said:

The former rain is when you hear the Word of God and it sprouts in your mind; it buds as you meditate upon it and ask God for wisdom and understanding.

The latter rain is the heavy rains which allow a person to grow and mature.  In this case, it's the truth of God's Word that grows to full maturity, to be strong to stand firm against whatever comes against the Truth.

NO - my understanding of this is that the former rain is the first outpouring of the Holy Spirit evidenced by people speaking in tongues at Pentecost and the latter rain is the same outpouring of the Holy Spirit with people again speaking in tongues at the beginning of the twentieth century and continuing through today.

Edited by Waggles

Joel 2: is quoted by Peter at the day of Pentecost - but verse 23 itself is tricky in the original Hebrew and open to many a translation ... 

Joel 2:23
(DRB)  And you, O children of Sion, rejoice, and be joyful in the Lord your God: because he hath given you a teacher of justice, and he will make the early and the latter rain to come down to you as in the beginning.
(ESV)  “Be glad, O children of Zion, and rejoice in the LORD your God, for he has given the early rain for your vindication; he has poured down for you abundant rain, the early and the latter rain, as before.
(KJV)  Be glad then, ye children of Zion, and rejoice in the LORD your God: for he hath given you the former rain moderately, and he will cause to come down for you the rain, the former rain, and the latter rain in the first month.
(KJV+)  Be gladH1523 then, ye childrenH1121 of Zion,H6726 and rejoiceH8055 in the LORDH3068 your God:H430 forH3588 he hath givenH5414 you(H853) the former rainH4175 moderately,H6666 and he will cause to come downH3381 for you the rain,H1653 the former rain,H4175 and the latter rainH4456 in the firstH7223
(LITV)  Then be glad, sons of Zion, and rejoice in Jehovah your God. For He has given to you the early rain according to righteousness, and He will cause the rain to come down for you, the early rain and the latter rain in the first month.
(WEB)  “Be glad then, you children of Zion, and rejoice in Yahweh, your God; for he gives you the former rain in just measure, and he causes the rain to come down for you, the former rain and the latter rain, as before.
(YLT)  And ye sons of Zion, joy and rejoice, In Jehovah your God, For He hath given to you the Teacher for righteousness, And causeth to come down to you a shower, Sprinkling and gathered—in the beginning.

It is not a matter of a scripture or two the allegory of former and latter rain is sprinkled through the Bible - for God does like to do most things in twos - such as the first Adam and the second Adam. 

Edited by Waggles

50 minutes ago, SONshine said:

This is what I understand so far, DeighAnn.

The former rain is when you hear the Word of God and it sprouts in your mind; it buds as you meditate upon it and ask God for wisdom and understanding.

The latter rain is the heavy rains which allow a person to grow and mature.  In this case, it's the truth of God's Word that grows to full maturity, to be strong to stand firm against whatever comes against the Truth.

So in Joel 2:23, the antichrist’s reign will be shortened to 5 months and the deception total.  Joel tells us that understanding will come in the 1st month. In other words, the Elect will understand the end-time signs as they come to pass because God will provide both the former and latter rain.  

Revelation 9:5

5 And they were not given authority to kill them, but to torment them for five months. Their torment was like the torment of a scorpion when it strikes a man.

I agree with the rain.  I am still unsure as to the 5 month total and here is why.  

( I have no scriptures, no studies, just pieces of knowledge that haven't found a place to fit together without any conflict yet)  As long as I know order of events I just live accordingly.  

Right now my thinking is going along the lines of
the first 1/2  of the trib is 3 1/2 years BECAUSE I think that much time is needed to get all the players into place, and all under one system. 

Satan isn't here during that time so no need to shorten it.  ( and the time was shortened because of how good he is, right?)

The two witnesses show up right before Satan,  Satan kicked out of heaven for the 2nd half to heal deadly wound set up image, deceive this being the time shortened to the 5 months.  

I haven't really spent to much time on this because it is what it is, the world will know, so I know I will,  and as long as I remain faithful to God I know I will be led where ever I am supposed to be.  

As for the  MONTH.  Why does it matter?  I have no idea, I just know that the word "month" is not in my interlinear, not in the lexicon.  It reads 'at the first'.  Like I said, I have no idea why this even struck me, just know it did and so I leave it as is until its time to be revealed comes.  Sorry if it came across all strange as it felt.  Just wanted to clear that up.  

Thoughts?  

18 minutes ago, Waggles said:

Joel 2: is quoted by Peter at the day of Pentecost - but verse 23 itself is tricky in the original Hebrew and open to many a translation ... 

Joel 2:23
(DRB)  And you, O children of Sion, rejoice, and be joyful in the Lord your God: because he hath given you a teacher of justice, and he will make the early and the latter rain to come down to you as in the beginning.
(ESV)  “Be glad, O children of Zion, and rejoice in the LORD your God, for he has given the early rain for your vindication; he has poured down for you abundant rain, the early and the latter rain, as before.
(KJV)  Be glad then, ye children of Zion, and rejoice in the LORD your God: for he hath given you the former rain moderately, and he will cause to come down for you the rain, the former rain, and the latter rain in the first month.
(KJV+)  Be gladH1523 then, ye childrenH1121 of Zion,H6726 and rejoiceH8055 in the LORDH3068 your God:H430 forH3588 he hath givenH5414 you(H853) the former rainH4175 moderately,H6666 and he will cause to come downH3381 for you the rain,H1653 the former rain,H4175 and the latter rainH4456 in the firstH7223
(LITV)  Then be glad, sons of Zion, and rejoice in Jehovah your God. For He has given to you the early rain according to righteousness, and He will cause the rain to come down for you, the early rain and the latter rain in the first month.
(WEB)  “Be glad then, you children of Zion, and rejoice in Yahweh, your God; for he gives you the former rain in just measure, and he causes the rain to come down for you, the former rain and the latter rain, as before.
(YLT)  And ye sons of Zion, joy and rejoice, In Jehovah your God, For He hath given to you the Teacher for righteousness, And causeth to come down to you a shower, Sprinkling and gathered—in the beginning.

It is not a matter of a scripture or two the allegory of former and latter rain is sprinkled through the Bible - for God does like to do most things in twos - such as the first Adam and the second Adam. 

Thank you for the more info, much appreciated. Though, NOW I am even more curious as to what it will mean to my understanding.  

Maybe a direction marker.  IDK.

17 minutes ago, SONshine said:

Hey there ... Ah!  It matters in the sense that our Father is watching over His Elect in these latter days.

The 5 months time refers to the hour of temptation.  

Here it is in context:

Scripture:   Revelation 3:10  Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

Complete text:  Revelation 3:7  ¶And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth; 
8  I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name. 
9  Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee. 
10  Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth. 
11  Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown. 
12  Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name. 
13  He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

What temptation is He talking about?  Our being tempted to believe and follow the false-christ when he comes to earth claiming that he is Christ.

Scripture:  2 Thessalonians 2:1  ¶Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him, 
2  That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand. 
3  ¶Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; 
4  Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

This would be Satan, the spurious messiah, coming to earth first, before Christ's return, and convincing most people that he is God which is why Jesus said, "those who endure until the end shall be saved"; not the ones who believe Satan's lie and he takes first in the field.

So is the whole 7 years shortened to 5 months?

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

On 6/9/2018 at 6:33 AM, 1to3 said:

The bible says no one will know the hour when these things will come about but nevertheless to be prepared as the coming of the Lord will be like a thief coming in the night when we least expect it.

1 Thessalonians 5:2

The Day of the Lord
1Now about the times and seasons, brothers, we do not need to write to you. 2For you are fully aware that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. 3While people are saying, “Peace and security,” destruction will come upon them suddenly, like labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape.…

Was just reading though this thread and came upon the post where the above was said. I liked to post, it was worthy and balanced, but I felt the need to comment on the part I quoted above.

If you look at the text, the Bible does not say that no one will know the the hour, it says that 2000 years ago, no one knows - present tense, it does not speak to the future.

I the context of:

"2For you are fully aware that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. 3While people are saying, “Peace and security,” destruction will come upon them suddenly, like labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape.…"

it specifically says immediatly after that (and should not be ignored since it changes everything):

4But you, brothers, are not in the darkness so that this day should overtake you like a thief. 5For you are all sons of the light and sons of the day; we do not belong to the night or to the darkness. 6So then, let us not sleep as the others do, but let us remain awake and sober.

The thief in the light language is specifically applied to those the people who are saying "peace and security". Then the apostle speaks about another group, those who are are not ins darkness, Christians?

This is frequently the case in eschatological contexts. There who two groups, and to fates, the surprised, and the watchful believer. As it was in the days of Noah, again two groups, and used as an illustration of the end times.

In the case of Noah's time, there two groups are those in the ark, and those outside of it. One groups is surprised at their destruction, and they were taken away. The other groups was expecting the calamity, that is why the built the ark, and so they were kept safe.

There are other example that follow this same pattern, but you get the point!

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

On 3/11/2021 at 3:47 PM, Chicken coop2 said:

The rapture could happen at any moment.  As a matter of f

no, it cannot, unless the Bible is wrong., Sorry to be the bearer of disappointing news - but cheer up! Believers will be with Christ, even if His coming is delayed.

We need to be watchful of the signs, but also ready to go, being found doing the Master's will!

2 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

In the case of Noah's time, there two groups are those in the ark, and those outside of it. One groups is surprised at their destruction, and they were taken away. The other groups was expecting the calamity, that is why the built the ark, and so they were kept safe.

Very good point. Well said.

And so it also applies today - the Lord is preparing an ark (the body of Christ, the church of God) and then there are all those outside of the ark. 

Proverbs 1:22  “How long, O simple ones, will you love being simple? How long will scoffers delight in their scoffing and fools hate knowledge? 
Pro 1:23  If you turn at my reproof, behold, I will pour out my spirit to you; I will make my words known to you. 
Pro 1:24  Because I have called and you refused to listen, have stretched out my hand and no one has heeded, 
Pro 1:25  because you have ignored all my counsel and would have none of my reproof, 
Pro 1:26  I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when terror strikes you, 
Pro 1:27  when terror strikes you like a storm and your calamity comes like a whirlwind, when distress and anguish come upon you. 
Pro 1:28  Then they will call upon me, but I will not answer; they will seek me diligently but will not find me. 
Pro 1:29  Because they hated knowledge and did not choose the fear of the LORD, 
Pro 1:30  would have none of my counsel and despised all my reproof, 
Pro 1:31  therefore they shall eat the fruit of their way, and have their fill of their own devices. 
Pro 1:32  For the simple are killed by their turning away, and the complacency of fools destroys them; 
Pro 1:33  but whoever listens to me will dwell secure and will be at ease, without dread of disaster.”