• Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

https://sermons.faithlife.com/sermons/168924-leaving-the-rapture-behind

Excerpts: "History of the Rapture
[[Timeline]]
The Rapture was NEVER EVER EVER talked about before 1830. In the history of the world, the rapture was never talked about before 1830! This doctrine is only 187 years old! "

..... ....... ...... ......

...... ...... ...... ......

....... ........ ....... .......

(some say)"I don't care if the Bible says it, I still believe it. I want to keep this comfort.

"This is not the story of the church universally. If we use our comfort as our authority, it can absolutely deteriorate the true message of God. The message of God is not our experience, it's his inspired word. His inspired word does not talk about comfort for the church. It talks about tribulation (John 16:33, 17:15). How does it make sense for the one beacon of hope that the world has to be removed from the earth just before they go through the great tribulation? Oh, that's a good gospel plan! As American's, it's okay as long as we're okay. If a theology can match us being okay, we will attach to it.
It teaches a second chance for unbelievers.
Where in the Bible does it talk about people getting a second chance at the second coming? What does that kind of teaching effect people to do? "I've got time." When I read Scripture, it seems like the 2nd Coming is THE END.
And I’ve seen people who have said they were waiting to submit to Christ until the rapture happens. SAY WHAT?!? It gives a non-urgent attitude to people who don’t have a concept that at any moment, we are on the doorstep of eternity.
How just is it for God to give the people who make it to the rapture a second chance, but everyone else in the history of the world only gets one?

It teaches three comings of Christ.
I don't see three comings of Christ in Scripture.
(1) Incarnation, (2)Rapture, (3)Millennial Kingdom.
Hebrews 9:28 NLT
so also Christ was offered once for all time as a sacrifice to take away the sins of many people. He will come again, not to deal with our sins, but to bring salvation to all who are eagerly waiting for him.
Some say that it's "two second comings".......... that's a logical fallacy.
"So we see that there are not two Comings of Christ, but rather, there are two phases of his one coming. The first phase is for Christians, and the second phase is for the world of unbelievers as well as those who received Christ as Savior and Lord and survived the awful persecution of the tribulation." (LaHaye Understanding Bible Prophecy for Yourself)
“No matter what rapture position one holds, Christ’s second coming is one event which occurs in two parts.”
(Richard Mayhue, Senior Vice President and Dean and Professor of Pastoral Ministries and Theology at The Master’s Seminary, Why A Pretribulational Rapture?)
As I said before, it is okay if you disagree with my conclusions, but make sure that if you do, it is because you are convinced that the Bible says I’m wrong, not because it is a comfortable position. Because, frankly, I wish the rapture was true because I like being comfortable, but I don’t find compelling support for it in Scripture.
My application to this sermon is almost the same as the application for the Laodicean church:
Repent of your comfort.
And also make sure that Scripture is your final authority. Don’t approach Scripture with an agenda. Submit to Scripture regardless of what you believe of it. I want to be a church and a people that submits to the word of Christ. "

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,957
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Days Won:  0

"The Rapture was NEVER EVER EVER talked about before 1830"

Wrong .... the rapture is discussed in the New Testament

Your 1830 idea is not scriptural

Edited by Daniel 11:36
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12

Sorry,  tradition (in error) does not count.   It leads multitudes astray.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,957
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Days Won:  0

You have been lead astray my friend

Edited by Daniel 11:36
  • Praying! 1

(some say)"I don't care if the Bible says it, I still believe it. I want to keep this comfort."

What some call 'Scriptural' understanding is actually only deceptions, even from long ago.

When it contradicts other Scripture,  it is known to be false and misleading .

It is still 'popular',  because 'comfort' is important for those who have their ears tickled and God may either deliver them if they will trust in Him,  or God may give them over to believe their own delusions.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,139
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

53 minutes ago, Sojourner414 said:

WRONG. Scripture speaks several times about the Rapture. That has NEVER been in dispute.

On that note: Many out there try to claim the Pre-Trib Rapture was an invention of Margaret MacDonald and John Darby. But a document called "Pseudo-Ephraem" (a document that was supposedly written by to Ephraem of Nisibis (306-73))speaks of the Pre-Trib Rapture. While it is doubtful that the document was actually written by Ephraem, the document is a sermon that is dated between 373 and 627 AD. It is in section 2 of this document that speaks of the Pre-Tribulation Rapture.

Link to article on Pseudo Ephraem, by Dr. Thomas Ice:

http://digitalcommons.liberty.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1031&context=pretrib_arch

While this document doesn't prove the Pre-trib Rapture's position, it does prove that the idea originated long Before MacDonald or Darby,  unlike what Mid and Post-Trib proponents erroneously claim. That it wasn't written actually by Ephraem is not in dispute here, as we are not questioning who actually wroe it. But that it was written before the supposed 1800's and that it speaks of the Pre-Trib Rapture should give pause to those who try to use the Darby-MacDonald argument as an excuse to disqualify the Pre-Trib position.

Where is the rapture in the Old Testament?

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,139
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

What's the purpose of the rapture?