• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  102
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

6 hours ago, n2thelight said:

Where is the rapture in the Old Testament?

Enoch & Elijah are clear examples amongst other typology...

Perhaps some of the strongest arguments in favor of a Pre-Tribulation or Pre-Seventieth Week of Daniel Rapture are found in the Old Testament. In the Old Testament we see "a shadow of the good things to come, and not the very image of the things" (Hebrews 10:1).

Prophetic Types in the Old Testament

The Holy Spirit explains that these Old Testament types are preserved for our learning:

"For whatever things were written before were written for our learning, that we through the patience and comfort of the Scriptures might have hope" (Romans 15:4).
"Now all these things happened to them (Old Testament characters) as examples, and they were written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the ages have come" (1 Corinthians 10:11).

Bible students are well aware that there are numerous Old Testament types that foreshadow a New Testament fulfillment. A classic example is when Abraham took his son, his only son Isaac, whom he greatly loved, to the land of Moriah to offer him there as a sacrifice — concluding that God was able to raise him from the dead (Genesis 22; Hebrews 11:17-19). Abraham is a beautiful type of our heavenly Father, and Isaac, his beloved son, is a striking picture of Jesus, who willingly laid down His life on Mount Moriah 2,000 years later.

Though the Rapture was hidden in part from Old Testament believers, the types found throughout foreshadow a future Rapture when God will remove His people prior to pouring out His wrath on a Christ-rejecting world. Let's now review some of these beautiful types that foreshadow the Rapture.

The Noahic Flood

In Noah's day there were those who passed through the flood (Noah and his family in the ark); there were those who perished in the flood (the unbelieving world); and there was Enoch who was "translated" or "caught up" before the judgment of God was poured out. Enoch walked with God (Genesis 5:24) and pleased Him (Hebrews 11:5), just as Christians who abide in Christ please God (1 John 3:22). Interestingly, from the time God told Noah to enter the ark, until the time when the waters of the flood were on the earth, God granted seven more days for the world to repent (Genesis 7:1-10). Perhaps this is a foreshadow of the final seven-year period culminating in the final judgment (Revelation 19:11-21)?

The Destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah

In Lot's day, he and his family were "removed" before God rained down His judgment on Sodom and Gomorrah (Genesis 19). God did not just "preserve" them through His wrath, He removed them prior to judgment. Jesus said that just before His return it would be like the days of Noah (Luke 17:26) and like the days of Lot (Luke 17:28).

Judgment in Sodom could not occur until Lot was removed (Genesis 19:22)! Remarkably, "while [Lot] lingered, the [angels] took hold of his hand, his wife's hand, and the hands of his two daughters, the Lord being merciful to him, and they brought him out and set him outside the city... Hurry, escape there. For I cannot do anything until you arrive there" (v. 16, 22). In other words, they were forcibly removed prior to judgment and judgment could not commence until they safely arrived in the new city!

The Story of Joseph

Joseph (a type of Christ in many ways) takes a Gentile bride before the 7 year famine begins (Genesis 41:45). Notice in the account of Joseph that after he received his Gentile bride, his brethren (the Israelites) and the entire world suffered a seven year famine (Genesis 41:54-57). During this time of famine many came to Joseph for food. Similarly, after Jesus receives His Bride, his brethren the Jews (and many in the world), will turn to the Lord Jesus for relief (Revelation 7).

How fitting that the Great Tribulation is called "the time of Jacob's trouble, but he shall be saved out of it" (Jeremiah 30:7). It is also referred to as "the time of the Gentiles" (Ezekiel 30:3), and many Gentiles will also be saved out of it (Revelation 7). The famine is a type of the Tribulation (Amos 8:11), and Egypt is a picture of the world. This account strongly suggests that Jesus will receive His bride before the 70th Week of Daniel — before the famine that will come upon the entire world.

Rahab and the Jewish Spies

In Joshua chapter 2, Rahab trusts the Lord and befriends the Jewish spies. By faith Rahab puts a scarlet thread in her window (a symbol of Christ's blood) and she and her family are "brought out" of Jericho before the city is burned with fire (Joshua 6). Rahab is a prostitute (Hebrews 11:31) and a Gentile woman (Joshua 2), yet she is found in the Messianic line (Matthew 1:5). Rahab is therefore a beautiful picture of the Church as the bride of Christ. Though formerly a prostitute, Rahab, by faith, was made clean and delivered from God's wrath. Amazingly, in this account, we again see seven days of warning preceding judgment (God's gracious delay to encourage repentance). The armies of God marched around the city six days, and on the seventh day they marched around the city seven times, and then the city was finally destroyed (Joshua 6).

Abigail and David

In 1 Samuel 25:39-42 Abigail is informed that King David (foreshadowing King Jesus) wants to take her as his bride. She immediately responds and "rose in haste" with five of her damsels to "depart" and go to David for the marriage. Compare this with Matthew 25:1-13 where five wise virgins who truly had oil went forth to meet the Bridegroom (Jesus) away from their dwelling place (earth). Interestingly, the name Abigail means "the Father's joy."

Solomon's Song

The Song of Solomon is an amazing picture of Christ and His Church (Ephesians 5:29-32). In the Song of Solomon 2:8-13, the Bride (the Church) hears the voice of her Beloved (Jesus) coming for her. Then, in verses 10 and 13, the Bridegroom speaks and calls His bride to "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." This is a beautiful foreshadow of our marriage and honeymoon in heaven!

Isaiah's Hint

Isaiah 26:20-21 also gives us a possible picture of the Rapture preceding the Tribulation:

"Come, my people, enter your chambers, and shut your doors behind you; hide yourself, as it were, for a little moment, until the indignation is past. For behold, the LORD comes out of His place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity; the earth will also disclose her blood, and will no more cover her slain."

Apparently, believers are tucked away in Heaven before the Tribulation falls on the earth. Could this also apply to the Jews who hide away in Petra during the Tribulation?

The Prophet Daniel

In Daniel chapter 3, King Nebuchadnezzar (a type of the Antichrist, cf. Revelation 13) demands that the entire population bow down to his image. Daniel's three friends (Jews) are preserved through the fiery tribulation, but Daniel is nowhere to be found. Daniel was "ruler over the whole province of Babylon, and chief administrator over all the wise men of Babylon" (Daniel 2:48), yet he is missing from the account. Why? Daniel was apparently away. Might he be a type of the Church? Three times Daniel is called "greatly beloved" (Daniel 9:23; 10:11; 10:19).

Zephaniah's Clue

In Zephaniah 2:2-3 we read:

"Before the decree is issued, or the day passes like chaff, before the Lord's fierce anger comes upon you, before the day of the Lord's anger comes upon you! Seek the Lord, all you meek of the earth, who have upheld His justice. Seek righteousness, seek humility. It may be that you will be hidden in the day of the Lord's anger."

According to this passage, believers will be hidden in the day of the Lord's anger (cf. Isaiah 26:20-21. See also: Zephaniah 1:7.)

Malachi's Hint

Malachi chapter 3 deals with the Day of the Lord. Interestingly, Malachi 3:18 implies two comings of the Messiah: "Then shall ye (believers) return, and discern between the righteous and the wicked, between him that serveth God and him that serveth him not." It becomes clear when we read the entire context of Malachi 3 that believers shall return to the earth. In order to return and discern, believers must have first been caught away to Heaven.

Other Examples

Isaac and Rebekah, as well as Ruth and Boaz, also provide beautiful pictures of Christ taking a Gentile bride — one who counts the cost and leaves their own family — but is not required to suffer through great tribulation or famine. Other examples could be expounded on, but these should be sufficient to show that Christians will be removed before God's wrath is poured out and most likely before the 70th Week of Daniel.

http://www.lamblion.us/2012/07/the-rapture-in-old-testament.html

Edited by Kris

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  102
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

5 hours ago, n2thelight said:

Was Christ written of in the Old?

Here are a few examples, but without doubt there may be many more.

Isaiah 7:14

Isaiah 9:6

Micah 5:2

Zechariah 9:9

Psalm 22:16-18

Isaiah 53:3-7

Isaiah 50:6

Zechariah 12:10

Isaiah 53:3-7 is especially unmistakable: “He was despised and rejected by men, a man of sorrows, and familiar with suffering. Like one from whom men hide their faces he was despised, and we esteemed him not. Surely he took up our infirmities and carried our sorrows, yet we considered him stricken by God, smitten by him, and afflicted. But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed. We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to his own way; and the LORD has laid on him the iniquity of us all. He was oppressed and afflicted, yet he did not open his mouth; he was led like a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is silent, so he did not open his mouth.”

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

The 'rapture' is one day closer than yesterday.

• Praise God! 2

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,782
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Just now, Davida said:

Were you typing and walking???  WHEW!! Bro... I thought you tripped or something......or perhaps the duck got away and got on the keyboard?? LOL:24:   where has that blue duck been? I haven't seen it lately.

It's on lonesome dove :43: 

5 hours ago, Davida said:

I just watched Lonesome dove a few weeks ago for the first time. We have no tv so i'm behind on current shows :)

Oh I referred to the original 4-5 hour movie. The best western ever made in my opinion. They had a character on there called blue duck :) 

6 minutes ago, Davida said:

You're right!! That is the one I watched. doh.. I forgot that character was a very baad man.

what are you trying to say about my duckexclamation emote coon lean left 245 with duck on head.jpg
                                                                    :sherlock:   huh? huh? huh?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  552
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

22 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

This short article from the website 'Rapture Ready' outlines just how close our redemption is, if you're a pre-tribulation believer. It nicely dovetails my own view and opinion of the 'season' of the catching up of believers. Rather than copy and paste, the link is below for those interested.

http://www.raptureready.com/2018/03/03/rapture-close-thoughts-matthew-l-rice/

That is a long-winded article just to determine how close one is to leaving this world!

You see, the word "rapture" is just a word for describing the euphoria associated with leaving the flesh and entering the spiritual kingdom of God.

The apostle Paul explains that we do that "each in his own order" - which makes sense, right? Because people die and go to meet their Maker every day. He also explained for those of us who experience that euphoria before death...i.e., "we who are alive and remain", that for us: "to live is Christ, and to die is gain." In which case, that euphoria is the rush of His quickening us in the power of the Holy Spirit to do good works, and the complete change that occurs within us becoming a ["born again of the Spirit of God"] "new creation."

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

21 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Dennis,

Yes busy putting together another series in my blog.

So by 2028 we know that the fig tree generation will be passing away. So take 7 years off that......

Also I really don`t think people will be worried about some people missing as it will be in the middle (I think) of Russia coming down to Israel`s mountains. And I don`t think Russia and Iran are going to hang around for the next 10 years across Israel`s border.

regards, Marilyn.

If it looks like a duck, it waddles like a duck, and it quacks like a duck?

There's no doubt in my mind we are living in the end of the last days. I'm by no means flatly implying or stating any thing as facts, just observations. Given Putin's past, his current actions, his tyranny and his ambitions next door to Syria. The current political Jesuit Pope and the heresy and ecumenicism he's spewing forth. Makes me wonder if these two have a future historical role to be played out in prophecy? 

If Putin and Francis are not whom I suspect could fill the bill, certainly they are forerunners. Given time is very short, and there's a rapid convergence of all last day things coming together rapidly at once, certainly the players are alive and well and walking the Earth. 

I'm not pinning the tail on the donkey saying Putin is Gog, or Francis is the FP, just observing with interest, as well as looking up for Jesus' return.

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

16 hours ago, n2thelight said:

Where is the rapture in the Old Testament?

Enoch, Noah and family and Lot for starters. Enoch is a type, or shadow of the Rapture. Noah & family and Lot represent taking them out and from the wrath of God to come.

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,128
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

15 hours ago, n2thelight said:

So this is before the Great White Throne Judgement?

Hi n2thelight,

Yes the Body of Christ is the heavenly court with Christ the High Court judge. During the trib, we see that fallen angels are cast to the earth, and the world system, Babylon is judged.

Marilyn.