Posted (edited)

Joshua prayed to god and stopped sun and moon.Creation prayed and creation stopped.But in Luke18:35-43 A blind beggar called onto jesus son of david have mercy on me.Jesus stopped and healed him.The creation prayed and Creator jesus stopped.There is power in prayer.We need to be humble and persistent in prayer.Trust in the lord.He was waiting for jesus many people tried to stop him He shouted even louder.We need to   be persistent in our prayer.The one who created us will not leave us.

Edited by Narrowroad

Persistent prayer is important.  Jesus' parable of the persistent widow is that very teaching. 

The thing to add to this is what kind of prayers are heard by God.  The Bible says that there has never been a day like this again where God listened to a man and did what he said.  Why is that?

I think because Joshua was in such a place of obedient and trust.

He was fighting against 5 kings and their massive troops.  That's cause to be afraid.  But God said, "Don't be afraid.  I have already delivered them to you.  None one will stand."

Joshua totally jumped on board in faith and trust.  His eyes saw terror and defeat.  His heart saw God already winning the battle.  Do we trust our eyes or our hearts?

After a long day, God rains down hail upon the enemy and kills more of them than Joshua and his men had.  Joshua is so totally sold out to God's sovereignty and truth that he just doesn't even stop to pray about what to do.... but cries out "sun, stop!" ... so that they can finish the battle.  He is eager to finish what God told him to finish and he is so convinced that God is telling the truth that NOW his eyes are watching the enemy drop like flies.  He wants the day to continue so that they can defeat the enemy.

It does say Joshua spoke to God that day, but we don't know what he said.

In reference to your title, Joshua didn't stop God.  Joshua jumped in with both feet into God's work and trusted God with all his heart.  God appreciated that and listened to Joshua in the battle.

I don't think most people have that sort of relationship with God.  We fear too much.  Distrust too much.  And we look with the eyes of doubt and flesh too much.

But anyway, I knew what you were talking about.

On 3/6/2018 at 9:44 AM, Narrowroad said:

Joshua prayed to god and stopped sun and moon.Creation prayed and creation stopped.But in Luke18:35-43 A blind beggar called onto jesus son of david have mercy on me.Jesus stopped and healed him.The creation prayed and Creator jesus stopped.There is power in prayer.We need to be humble and persistent in prayer.Trust in the lord.He was waiting for jesus many people tried to stop him He shouted even louder.We need to   be persistent in our prayer.The one who created us will not leave us.

Amen.

Sign in to follow this