• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  726
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/30/1974

I don't have my concordance in front of me.  But God told Adam he would give him a Helper.  Then Jesus told the disciples that He was sending a Helper.  I know one was probably written in Hebrew and one in Greek.  But do they go back to the same meaning in the concordance?  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,776
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

Jesus said that he would send a Comforter.  Some translations say Helper.  Others say Advocate.  The Greek word is παράκλητος. Pronounce it "paraclete".  It literally means "one who is called to be a an intercessor or pleads one's case."  That's what the Holy Spirit does for us.  It's not exactly the same word as Eve was given as "help".

That word - "help" - is the Hebrew word עֵזֶר .  Spell it ezer.  Pronounce is "a-zer".  It literally means "succor" which means "giving assistance or relief in hard times or distress."

While you can't relate this word designated to Eve as the same word designated for the Holy Spirit, you can .... well, you have to....relate this word for Eve as the same word for God when God is defined as a "help".  Help means a lot of things in the Bible, but the word "a-zer" is used for Eve and God.  David used  this word alot for God.

"I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills from whence cometh my help [ezer]."

"O Israel, trust in the LORD, for he is their help [ezer] and shield."

When people hear this they think one is trying to equate God with Eve.  Nope.  One is merely pointing out the literal usage of the words.

The husband gets to share the word "father" with God.

The wife gets to share the word "help" [relief in times of trouble] with God.

This shouldn't puff women up, but should open their eyes to what their worth is in a marriage.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Jayne said:

Jesus said that he would send a Comforter.  Some translations say Helper.  Others say Advocate.  The Greek word is παράκλητος. Pronounce it "paraclete".  It literally means "one who is called to be a an intercessor or pleads one's case."  That's what the Holy Spirit does for us.  It's not exactly the same word as Eve was given as "help".

That word - "help" - is the Hebrew word עֵזֶר .  Spell it ezer.  Pronounce is "a-zer".  It literally means "succor" which means "giving assistance or relief in hard times or distress."

While you can't relate this word designated to Eve as the same word designated for the Holy Spirit, you can .... well, you have to....relate this word for Eve as the same word for God when God is defined as a "help".  Help means a lot of things in the Bible, but the word "a-zer" is used for Eve and God.  David used  this word alot for God.

"I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills from whence cometh my help [ezer]."

"O Israel, trust in the LORD, for he is their help [ezer] and shield."

When people hear this they think one is trying to equate God with Eve.  Nope.  One is merely pointing out the literal usage of the words.

The husband gets to share the word "father" with God.

The wife gets to share the word "help" [relief in times of trouble] with God.

This shouldn't puff women up, but should open their eyes to what their worth is in a marriage.

Somebody knows their Bible  :thumbsup: