• Group:  Catholic
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  827
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  0

On 3/7/2018 at 6:01 AM, Justin Adams said:

Every time they have mass it is a re-Crucifixion etc.

This is a false statement.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Concretecamper said:

This is a false statement.

No Its not. hen one considers there are hundreds if not many thousands of Catholic churches world wide, some offering two or even three masses per day which one would Jesus attend if He even did attend?
The invalidity of the Mass is proved by its being continued. If any Mass could validly apply the infinite merits of Christ's sacrifice for men, then one Mass would suffice for eternity, since His work is infinite.

The fact that a priest offers Mass for the same people every day, including every Sunday proves that yesterdays and last Sunday's Mass were useless and invalid, for they accomplished no eternal Divine work.

Note especially Hebrews 10:12, "ONE sacrifice; 10:14, by ONE offering; 10:18, NO more offering for sin. Leviticus 6:30.

"AND NO SIN OFFERING, whereof any of the blood is brought into the tabernacle of the congregation withal in the holy place, shall be eaten: IT SHALL BE BURNT IN THE FIRE."

If the Mass is an offering for sin, and according to THE CATHOLIC CATECHISM, Jesus offers Himself daily as a sin offering same as He did on the Cross, If this is the case, the sacrifice CANNOT BE EATEN.

It can, as Jesus instructed us, be symbolically remembered, His flesh and blood cannot, according to the above Scriptures, be literally eaten. Jesus Christ in His flesh and blood body now sits at His Fathers right hand and is not being eaten by men on a daily basis.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

No Its not. hen one considers there are hundreds if not many thousands of Catholic churches world wide, some offering two or even three masses per day which one would Jesus attend if He even did attend?
The invalidity of the Mass is proved by its being continued. If any Mass could validly apply the infinite merits of Christ's sacrifice for men, then one Mass would suffice for eternity, since His work is infinite.

The fact that a priest offers Mass for the same people every day, including every Sunday proves that yesterdays and last Sunday's Mass were useless and invalid, for they accomplished no eternal Divine work.

Note especially Hebrews 10:12, "ONE sacrifice; 10:14, by ONE offering; 10:18, NO more offering for sin. Leviticus 6:30.

"AND NO SIN OFFERING, whereof any of the blood is brought into the tabernacle of the congregation withal in the holy place, shall be eaten: IT SHALL BE BURNT IN THE FIRE."

If the Mass is an offering for sin, and according to THE CATHOLIC CATECHISM, Jesus offers Himself daily as a sin offering same as He did on the Cross, If this is the case, the sacrifice CANNOT BE EATEN.

It can, as Jesus instructed us, be symbolically remembered, His flesh and blood cannot, according to the above Scriptures, be literally eaten. Jesus Christ in His flesh and blood body now sits at His Fathers right hand and is not being eaten by men on a daily basis.

It is clear you do not understand the Mass.

1 minute ago, Concretecamper said:

It is clear you do not understand the Mass.

As a Catholic alter boy for many years, I understand the Catholic mass better than most. I even knew it in Latin. Its a sham / a farce / and its designed to hold people in captivity, fear and bondage, nothing more.

It was so evil in the days of my youth, . . .It was drummed into us a children, miss mass on Sunday and rot in Hell for ever, go to mass and take communion without going to confession and rot in Hell forever.

Jesus died "ONCE" and for all. We can be thankful for His great sacrifice and remember this in our prayers every day, but, there is no command in the entire Bible that says one has to or even needs to attend mass on any day of the week.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, HAZARD said:

As a Catholic alter boy for many years, I understand the Catholic mass better than most. I even knew it in Latin. Its a sham / a farce / and its designed to hold people in captivity, fear and bondage, nothing more.

It was so evil in the days of my youth, . . .It was drummed into us a children, miss mass on Sunday and rot in Hell for ever, go to mass and take communion without going to confession and rot in Hell forever.

Jesus died "ONCE" and for all. We can be thankful for His great sacrifice and remember this in our prayers every day, but, there is no command in the entire Bible that says one has to or even needs to attend mass on any day of the week.

No need to give us your resume, but it is clear you do not understand the Mass.  With every post you just reaffirm it

4 minutes ago, Concretecamper said:

No need to give us your resume, but it is clear you do not understand the Mass.  With every post you just reaffirm it

I dissagree. I havent seen you refute anything with scripture.  All I have seen from you is one or two liners. Bring some scripture. This is a site where we debate using SCRIPTURE. Do you know any?

5 minutes ago, 1sheep said:

I dissagree. I havent seen you refute anything with scripture.  All I have seen from you is one or two liners. Bring some scripture. This is a site where we debate using SCRIPTURE. Do you know any?

You didnt ask.  You've been too busy telling us what YOU think the Mass is.

Edit: I see this is from a new poster...sorry

Edited by Concretecamper

6 minutes ago, Concretecamper said:

Show me "ONE" Scripture in the entire Bible which teaches anyone has to go to mass, and that it is a mortal sin if we don't?

I have Scriptures stating Christ died "once" and for all, where are yours saying we must attend mass every Sunday?

Just now, Concretecamper said:

You didnt ask.  You've been too busy telling us what YOU think the Mass is.

This is my first comment EVER ON THIS THREAD. Dont bear false witness.

Again: SCRIPTURE IS USED IN DEBATE AND NOT USELESS OPINIONS.  In my 56 yrs I have yet to meet a catholic that knows the bible which is why they are still catholic!! Funny how that works . Romans 10:17

2 hours ago, HAZARD said:

Show me "ONE" Scripture in the entire Bible which teaches anyone has to go to mass, and that it is a mortal sin if we don't?

The 10 Commandment.  I know many people think that keep Holy the Lord's day is going to their kids soccer game, but the Church says it is proper to Worship God.  And intentionally ignoring His commandments is serious.

It means no such thing.  As St Paul say His sacrafice is once and for all.  I would suggest you google how Jews look at the word remeberence.  I will give you a head start.....

https://blog.lawrenceahoffman.com/tag/do-this-in-remembrance-of-me/

The Church teaches at Mass we are present at His once and for all sacrafice.  We offer our own intentions and unite them to His.  We praise God for Him offering Himself for us.  If I decide that God is worth enough that I decide to praise and worship Him every day, who are you to scoff at it?

This sort of thinking has gained some traction in the past 100 years or so.  But the early Church believed exactly what the Church believes today.

If the Mass is an offering for sin, and according to THE CATHOLIC CATECHISM,

Ok

Jesus offers Himself daily as a sin offering same as He did on the Cross

Wrong conclusion.