IGNORED

John 15:12-13

Blue Lulu

Guest Butero
On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 7:37 PM, Blue Lulu said:

John 15: 12-13 “This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.  Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends.”

So my question is:  Jesus’ great love for us sent him to the cross for us.  It would be the greatest love.  But if we lay down our life for a friend it would not be as great as the love Christ showed us, would it?  And why?

The most amazing thing about what Jesus did in dying on the cross is he laid down his life for people that were calling for his death, and in Acts, we see him saving many of those same people.  There are people that will lay down their life for close friends, family members, or even heroic people that will risk their life for a buddy in time of war or to save someone from a burning building, but not many would save people who mocked them and called for their death.  

When we are told to love one another as Christ loved us, he set the standard.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,072
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Hi Blue Lulu... I guess it is only fitting I should answer this post exclamation me coon embarassed 245.jpg

On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 6:37 PM, Blue Lulu said:

John 15: 12-13 “This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.  Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends.”

So my question is:  Jesus’ great love for us sent him to the cross for us.  It would be the greatest love.  But if we lay down our life for a friend it would not be as great as the love Christ showed us, would it?  And why?

I think the examination of our Lord's heart speaks volumes to us 

Phil 2:6-8
6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
KJV

You see Lulu the very begin of our evaluation of things is with beginning and that beginning is dark and sinful and dead... He came into flesh and dwelt among us. No man or woman can fathom this form of existence but we can safely say: having all without end He thought it nothing to be considered to lay that infinite aside an go through what He did in order to provide a path to The Father... AND He did it all perfectly which blows my possible sacrifice away without any comparison whatsoever...
On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 6:46 PM, Blue Lulu said:

I guess my second question is what should this sacrificial love look like in me?

a broken and contriteness of being knowing that if Jesus, Through The Holy Spirit within you, does not provide Himself to others around you- your life will be useless! Our job is to reckon ourselves dead so that His Life within us is availed to the use of our bodies for His Glory.... 

Ps 51:17
17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.
KJV

I find John Gill's comment on this very apropos 

Psalms 51:17
[The sacrifices of God [are] a broken spirit] That is humbled under a sense of sin; has true repentance for it; is smitten, wounded, and broken with it, by the word of God in the hand of the Spirit, which is a hammer to break the rock in pieces; and that not merely in a legal, but in an evangelical way; grieving for sin as committed against a God of love; broken and melted down under a sense of it, in a view of pardoning grace; and mourning for it, while beholding a pierced and wounded Saviour: the sacrifices of such a broken heart and contrite spirit are the sacrifices God desires, approves, accepts of, and delights in;
[a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise] but regard, and receive with pleasure; see Ps 102:17; the Lord binds up and heals such broken hearts and spirits, Ps 147:3; Isa 61:1; he is nigh to such persons, looks upon them, has respect unto them, and comes and dwells among them, Ps 34:18; Isa 66:1,2; 57:15.
(from John Gill's Exposition of the Old and New Testaments, PC Study Bible formatted electronic database Copyright © 2011 by Biblesoft, Inc. All rights reserved.)

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  686
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 7:37 PM, Blue Lulu said:

And why?

We can't love as good as God.

1 Peter chapter 4 verse 8

Love covers a great many sins.

Proverbs chapter 10 verse 12

Love covers all wrongs.

We just keep trying to love everyone, and fail some times, but just keep trying.

That's how we follow Christ.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 5:35 AM, Butero said:

The most amazing thing about what Jesus did in dying on the cross is he laid down his life for people that were calling for his death, and in Acts, we see him saving many of those same people.  There are people that will lay down their life for close friends, family members, or even heroic people that will risk their life for a buddy in time of war or to save someone from a burning building, but not many would save people who mocked them and called for their death.  

When we are told to love one another as Christ loved us, he set the standard.  

Butero.  when you said that this scrip popped in my mind .     two did .   one was from paul when he said but even if we have our body to be burned and have not charity

it profits us nothing .    many do give up their lives in war or etc,   but if they knew not Christ , for that is the only way we have True charity on our heart it profits them nothing.

JESUS DID SET the PATTERN for all to follow .     Unbelievers can give up their lives to save children andetc,   but Will that profit a man though he does good deeds

and yet rejects Christ .  NOPE .    We must follow Christ , HE IS the example in all things , HE is the LORD and only Savoir .     Praise the Lord everyone .  Praise the Lord .

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,826
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

On 3/9/2018 at 11:20 AM, wingnut- said:

It would not.  The why is because Jesus laid down His life for all, not one or two, or even a hundred.  The other difference is because Jesus is blameless, whereas the rest of us are not.  We all deserve death, He did not.

God bless

The most important , he had the life in him as everyone else had death. 

He was the only one quilified 

He had God's life in him, 

He did not have the life from the fallen seed of man

He did not have an earthly father. 

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,246
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

On 3/7/2018 at 6:37 PM, Blue Lulu said:

Joh 15:13  Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

I don't think while still on earth we will ever fully realize the cost, the agony, the degradation ( humiliation, shame, abasement, indignity) our Lord suffered by leaving the heaven's throne to offer His majesty, His holiness, His worth, for His created sinful beings.  "Take this cup" but "Thy will".  Obedience to the Father. 
Most of us can imagine or believe we WOULD (DIE),sacrifice  our life for a friend, if need be.
But how greater would it be if we would (LIVE) our life for our Creator, our Savior?

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  41,072
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 6:37 PM, Blue Lulu said:

If we are born again we have the capability to let God's Holy Spirit within us to live The Life of Christ without... so as He lived in His Own Life so now He Lives in Ours! There is nothing that we keep for ourselves realizing the truth that has set us free
1 Cor 15:24-28
24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.
26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.
27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith, all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.
28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.
KJV