• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  893
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

I am sorry but I don't agree.

There are some countries - like North Korea for example - where perhaps Bibles might be banned..  But that does not mean all dictatorships etc  banned Bibles.

Also there are many countries in the world where the civilan population have generally mostly never owned guns except for certain situations such as farmers or hunters etc..  Whether the country was a dictatorship or a democracy (uk english meaning of democracy).. those countries didn't have the type of 'gun culture' that the usa has.  It is simply not part of the culture or tradition.. even for those democracies (uk english meaning).

Sorry not meaning to offend anyone here.  But since this thread is posted in news section I am thinking it is supposed to be taken literally?  If so I am very sorry but I disagree with the sentence in the picture.. because I think it might only apply to some countries.. and not all..

Just my personal thoughts that's all. 

Thanks.

Edited by just_abc

Guest shiloh357
10 hours ago, just_abc said:

I am sorry but I don't agree.

There are some countries - like North Korea for example - where perhaps Bibles might be banned..  But that does not mean all dictatorships etc  banned Bibles.

Can you point to a current dictatorship that embraces the Bible and allows it to be freely taught above ground without government control or intervention?

Also there are many countries in the world where the civilan population have generally mostly never owned guns except for certain situations such as farmers or hunters etc..

Yes, they have never owned them because they are not allowed to own them. Hence, they are banned.

Whether the country was a dictatorship or a democracy (uk english meaning of democracy).. those countries didn't have the type of 'gun culture' that the usa has.  It is simply not part of the culture or tradition.. even for those democracies (uk english meaning).

Yeah we have seen, recently,  how not having armed civilians works in European countries who think they are so culturally and intellectually superior to these American "cowboys"  who have guns.  

5 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Can you point to a current dictatorship that embraces the Bible and allows it to be freely taught above ground without government control or intervention?

The sentence in the picture mentioned the phrase  'History has shown' .... So for my earlier post I am thinking of some of the dictatorships that existed during Cold War times (especially non-communist countries.. ie some right-wing dictatorships etc.).. as well possibly of non-democracies that might have existed even after that time.  There are countries that were dictatorships or at least non-democracies but did not ban the Bible.  

To all

Please note I truly meant no offence by the term 'gun culture' in my earlier post.  I did not know what term to use to explain what I meant.  I was simply refering to the long history / tradition / culture in the USA which has a long history of gun use.  I am not criticising that history at all.  But was just trying to point out that many other countries have a different history /culture.  So they might view guns differently thats all.

I apologise if I caused any offence or misunderstanding with a poor choice of term.

Thanks for your patience. 

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, just_abc said:

The sentence in the picture mentioned the phrase  'History has shown' .... So for my earlier post I am thinking of some of the dictatorships that existed during Cold War times (especially non-communist countries.. ie some right-wing dictatorships etc.).. as well possibly of non-democracies that might have existed even after that time.  There are countries that were dictatorships or at least non-democracies but did not ban the Bible.  

such as?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

On 3/7/2018 at 4:42 PM, other one said:

12814517_1003574859716410_71718620468991153_n.jpg

Not only do I agree, but I believe it won't belong before it is here or at least certain states.

8 hours ago, Yowm said:

I'm not sure I would necessarily equate 'Totalitarian' governments (in the OP) with dictatorship governments. I don't see all dictatorships reaching the same level of control as totalitarian governments.

Thank you very much for explaining to me.  Much appreciated.  I did not realise the difference.  My apologies.

9 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

such as?

There were many countries.  One example of a country where the Bible was not banned is the Philippines under President Marcos.

However someone on this thread has just pointed out to me that there is a difference in definition between the terms dictatorship and totalitarian.  So I apologise for any confusion I caused by my misunderstanding.

Thanks brother.