Question about the souls of animals

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  356
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

Do animals have souls?Because my aunts dog died years ago and i am wondering if he went to heaven or not?Which all hangs on the question if animals have souls to begin with.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.14
  • Days Won:  78

1 hour ago, zorgblar said:

Do animals have souls?Because my aunts dog died years ago and i am wondering if he went to heaven or not?Which all hangs on the question if animals have souls to begin with.

If you read Genesis you will note that God created everything but only breathed life into Man.  Animals do not have souls hence they cannot sin.  Jesus died for mankind, zorgblar.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,828
  • Content Per Day:  2.43
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

As others have said, animals do not have souls. When they die, that's it.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  207
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Animals don't have souls but it doesn't have to be that morbid. 

Animals are basically a computer hard drive with specific memories, just as we save data onto a computer, God can save that data, which is their memories and place it in a new animal for you to wait for in heaven.

Your computer that you're using right now doesn't have a soul, but you can save its data and move it to another computer, that's pretty much the concept. 

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  21
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I read somewhere about a lion sleeping with the lamb...

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,782
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Just a side note pigs do not like demon possessionexclaim on head 245.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

50 minutes ago, nrm said:

.....but the lamb won’t get much sleep........sorry, old joke

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

6 hours ago, nrm said:

I know what you where reading::

Isaiah 11: KJV

6 "The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them. {7} And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox. {8} And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice’ den. {9} They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea."

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  6,539
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

On 3/8/2018 at 12:08 PM, zorgblar said:

No, animals don't have "souls"; they ARE "souls," just like we people ARE "souls." The Hebrew word translated "soul" in Genesis 2:7 is "nefesh," coming from the verb form "naafash."

5315 nefesh (neh'-fesh). From naafash; properly, a breathing creature, i.e. Animal of (abstractly) vitality; used very widely in a literal, accommodated or figurative sense (bodily or mental) -- any, appetite, beast, body, breath, creature, X dead(-ly), desire, X (dis-)contented, X fish, ghost, + greedy, he, heart(-y), (hath, X jeopardy of) life (X in jeopardy), lust, man, me, mind, mortally, one, own, person, pleasure, (her-, him-, my-, thy-)self, them (your)-selves, + slay, soul, + tablet, they, thing, (X she) will, X would have it.

5314 naafash (naw-fash'). A primitive root; to breathe; passively, to be breathed upon, i.e. (figuratively) refreshed (as if by a current of air) -- (be) refresh selves (-ed).

Genesis 2:7 (KJV)

7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul (Hebrew: nefesh).

It does NOT say that the LORD God formed the BODY of a man from the dust of the ground; He formed the MAN! That means that the man IS a breathing body! This confusion of the word "soul" has led to the teaching you have received in this thread up to this point.

YES! Animals ARE souls; they ARE breathing creatures. The word "nefesh" is used for animals as well as for people.

They do not, however, "go to heaven." But then, neither do we. (Shhh! That's a secret!) We don't go to heaven; we go to the grave and "sleep." When the Lord Yeshua` ("Jesus") returns, He will wake us up and RESURRECT us! After the beginning of His Kingdom has been around for a thousand years, the earth itself will be re-created, and with it, all life, as well! The New Earth will be our eternal home and the animals that you have loved shall be resurrected, as well, and ... why not? If God will resurrect redeemed SINNERS who have disobeyed God in the past, why wouldn't He resurrect innocent animals, especially if they were important to us whom He loves?

I'm old enough to have buried several dogs and bunnies in our back yard. (Cats were always too independent for me. There were only 2 cats who were sweet to us, my wife's cat Misty, whom she left with her parents when we married, and a cat we owned together after we were married, Beth, whom we gave to friends who had a large farm where she could hunt and have her litters.) I am CONFIDENT that we will see our animals alive and well again on the New Earth. After all, they were GOD'S creatures first! HE gave them their personalities!

The Resurrection will be an act of Creation. Some bodies are so decayed that they could NEVER be resuscitated in their current condition; therefore, a true Resurrection CERTAINLY involves God's Creative power, and we are promised such a resurrection in 1 Corinthians 15.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  596
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Birthday:  03/01/1969

Isaiah 65:15-25 KJV - 

15 And ye shall leave your name for a curse unto my chosen: for the Lord God shall slay thee, and call his servants by another name:

16 That he who blesseth himself in the earth shall bless himself in the God of truth; and he that sweareth in the earth shall swear by the God of truth; because the former troubles are forgotten, and because they are hid from mine eyes.

17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

18 But be ye glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy.

19 And I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and joy in my people: and the voice of weeping shall be no more heard in her, nor the voice of crying.

20 There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed.

21 And they shall build houses, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them.

22 They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant, and another eat: for as the days of a tree are the days of my people, and mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands.

23 They shall not labour in vain, nor bring forth for trouble; for they are the seed of the blessed of the Lord, and their offspring with them.

24 And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.

25 The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the Lord.

Edited by patrick jane