IGNORED

The Significance of the Technical Term "Earth Dwellers" to the Formation of a Biblical Eschatological Model

Steve Conley

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,987
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, Steve Conley said:

Greetings in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ,

Last Daze, I agree much with what you have just said. However, there is a reason Christ gave us so much warning concerning this great persecution. There is a reason Peter warned the saints in His day of a fiery trial, which for them came in the form of Nero's persecution, and He warned following generations concerning the persecution that they would face. There is a reason Paul warned the Philippians saying, "For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake". It is "Praemonitus, praemunitus", forewarned is forearmed. God wants us to be prepared. 

Why would any one be preparing for that which they are certain they will not experience?

Most of the "professing church" will not be prepared to die for Jesus when called upon to do so.

The coming persecution doesn't bring with it a great revival, it brings with it a great falling away. To fall away one must have been standing close to truth. These are "professing" Christians who fall away. These are those that are in the greater so called Christian community that will be offended at Christ when persecution comes for His name sake.

Mat 13:20  But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it;
Mat 13:21  Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.

Mar 4:16  And these are they likewise which are sown on stony ground; who, when they have heard the word, immediately receive it with gladness;
Mar 4:17  And have no root in themselves, and so endure but for a time: afterward, when affliction or persecution ariseth for the word's sake, immediately they are offended.

Mat 24:9  Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.
Mat 24:10  And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.

We need to warn them!

"Be not deceived," Jesus said.

Luk 9:24  For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it.
Luk 9:25  For what is a man advantaged, if he gain the whole world, and lose himself, or be cast away?
Luk 9:26  For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father's, and of the holy angels.

Luk 12:8  Also I say unto you, Whosoever shall confess me before men, him shall the Son of man also confess before the angels of God:
Luk 12:9  But he that denieth me before men shall be denied before the angels of God.

2Ti 2:12  If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

We will be hated and persecuted

Mat 10:16  Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.
Mat 10:17  But beware of men: for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge you in their synagogues;
Mat 10:18  And ye shall be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them and the Gentiles.
Mat 10:19  But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak.
Mat 10:20  For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.
Mat 10:21  And the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death.
Mat 10:22  And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.
Mat 10:23  But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come.
Mat 10:24  The disciple is not above his master, nor the servant above his lord.
Mat 10:25  It is enough for the disciple that he be as his master, and the servant as his lord. If they have called the master of the house Beelzebub, how much more shall they call them of his household?
Mat 10:26  Fear them not therefore: for there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; and hid, that shall not be known.
Mat 10:27  What I tell you in darkness, that speak ye in light: and what ye hear in the ear, that preach ye upon the housetops.
Mat 10:28  And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
Mat 10:29  Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father.
Mat 10:30  But the very hairs of your head are all numbered.
Mat 10:31  Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows.
Mat 10:32  Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 10:33  But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 10:34  Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
Mat 10:35  For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
Mat 10:36  And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.
Mat 10:37  He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
Mat 10:38  And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.
Mat 10:39  He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

No one who denies Jesus and takes the mark or worships the Beast shall be saved. All who believe the signs and lying wonders done by the False Prophet and worship the Beast are eternally damned.

Rev 14:9  And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,
Rev 14:10  The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:
Rev 14:11  And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

To think that the church will not face great persecution is a clear demonstration of a lack of spiritual discernment and negligence on the part of spiritual leaders to warn and prepare the people of God for the great tribulation.

All praise, honour, and glory be unto Jesus Christ our Lord

Be careful not to conflate "being prepared" (a spiritual quality) with "seeing things my way" (an intellectual quality).  How do you think a pretribber would live differently if they changed to a view that wasn't pretrib?  Would they not have the same faith in Christ?  Would they not still fear God just the same?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  401
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  1

26 minutes ago, Montana Marv said:

The Church has been under persecution for the past 2000 years.  what's new. Some heavy, some light. All for the sake of the Gospel. Do you think this will change. We are to always be ready.

So what benefits will you receive if you go through this testing made for Unbelievers. More salvation. If one is not worthy now, then maybe you must go through this testing.

In Christ

Montana Marv

Montana Marv, persecution is persecution. Those persecuted over the last 2000 years will receive the same reward as those who are persecuted in the unparalleled great tribulation. The big difference is that the future persecution will threaten to kill every last true believer upon the earth. Jesus said that those days shall be shortened to save some of the elect alive upon the earth (Matt 24:22). Jesus speaking of this time said "And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him (Rev 6:9-11), though he bear long with them? I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?" (Luk 18:7-8). It will be so severe that it must be divinely cut short or no believer would be left alive to be raptured with the resurrected saints at Christ's coming.

You fail to see that the great tribulation is the persecution of the elect (church) and Israel by the Beast and his followers. It is not the wrath of God. The wrath of God takes place at the beginning of the day of the Lord. The day of the Lord doesn't come until after the cosmic sign spoken of By Joel (Joel 2:31) which follows the great tribulation (Matt 24:21, 29). He has promised us that we are not appointed unto His wrath (1Thes 5:9). The great tribulation is the wrath of Satan (Rev 12:12) upon the woman (Israel) and those who have the testimony of Jesus Christ (the church)(Rev 12:17). God's wrath doesn't begin until we are gathered unto Him.

Notice that Paul makes it clear, that the persecution of the Church is stopped when He begins to tribulate their persecutors. These are the earth dwellers who follow the beast.

2Th 1:6  Seeing it is a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you;
2Th 1:7  And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
2Th 1:8  In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
2Th 1:9  Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;
2Th 1:10  When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.

The rest for the church from tribulation (persecution) comes at the revelation of Jesus Christ in all His glory with the holy angels.

Montana Marv, in the persecution you have endured, have you resisted unto blood? Most likely not. When the man of sin is revealed (2Thes 2:3-10) and the saints are given into his hand and he overcomes them (Rev 13:7), you too most likely will have to choose between physical martyrdom and "the good life worshiping the Beast". To choose the "good life" receiving the mark means eternal death. However, to remain faithful in your testimony of Christ and to love not your life unto death means eternal blessing and reigning with Christ.

For any understanding of the Holy Scriptures to be correct there cannot be one statement of the Scriptures that contradicts it. Let your understanding of the Word be that which allows all the Word of God to be true.

If you are hanging on to:

1Th 5:9  For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

Believe it because it is true, but understand who's wrath Paul is talking about. In verses 2-3 of the same chapter Paul says it is God's day of the Lord wrath.

or,

Rev 3:10  Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

Believe it, but recognize that the hour of temptation is focused upon the earth dwellers and not the church and therefore is not the great persecution that Jesus spoke of. It is the wrath that comes at the beginning of the day of the Lord, because it begins upon the day of Christ's coming after the great tribulation (persecution of the elect and Israel) is over (Joel 2:31; Matt 24:29-31).

Cast aside the lens that filters your perception of all the Word of God and simply read it letting it be true and every man a liar. Take the explicit statements, ones that are unquestionable concerning their meaning, and from them build a framework for your eschatological model. Subject all implications to these clear statements of truth. Do this and you will have the certainty of God's objective truth concerning the order of end time events.

Hallelujah

• Praise God! 1

1 hour ago, Steve Conley said:

No one who denies Jesus and takes the mark or worships the Beast shall be saved. All who believe the signs and lying wonders done by the False Prophet and worship the Beast are eternally damned.

Unless you can prove how idolatry is an unforgivable sin, this is a false statement.  Jesus stated that there is only one unforgivable sin and idolatry isn't it.

It is true that receiving the mark and worshiping the image is a sin, the sin of idolatry.  The plagues are God's corrective discipline and wrath.  They are meant to call the deceived to repentance.  They are wrath for those who refuse to repent.

Before you quote Rev 14:9,11 to me, check out the verb tenses of "receive" and "worship."  They describe someone who is presently, actively receiving of the benefits of the mark, and presently, actively worshiping the image.  It does not indicate past activity, or it would have used past tense verbs.  There is no indication of a "sealed fate."

Those who persist in the mark and the image are the object of the plagues.  No question.  Those who persist to the end will end up as verse 11 describes.  No question.  However, idolatry is not blasphemy of the Holy Spirit and will be forgiven if repented of.  I go into more detail here if you're interested.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0

On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 9:25 AM, Unfailing Presence said:
On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 8:25 PM, Steve Conley said:
On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 6:03 AM, Unfailing Presence said:

her seed " " seed of the woman " , is a direct reference to the Jews .

This " remnant "  being the " elect "  , yet another OT term for the Jews , that will come to Christ .

In my previous post I demonstrated the fact that we who are Christ's are Israel's seed, by virtue of being placed in Christ. It is in Christ that we are heirs according to the promise.

Gal 3:26  For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:27  For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
Gal 3:28  There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:29  And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise

Two separate things we are talking about  .

I was speaking of the physical  Davidic line spoken of by God , through which we become one in Christ Jesus

None of us could be heirs in Christ without the  physical seed being perpetuated . 

Thus the importance of Abraham & Sarai having a child :

" And Abraham said , behold to me thou hast given no SEED and lo one born in my house is mine heir "   ( Genesis 15 : 3 )

Thus Satan's frantic brutal , desperate attempts to destroy the physical seed prior to & after  Christ's birth .

" And I will put enmity between thy seed and her seed , it shall bruise thy head  and thou shalt bruise his heel . "                                                                                                                                   ( Genesis 3 : 15 )    

Additionally the importance of the physical linage of the "seed " being emphasized in Christ's Genealogy  detailed in Matthew 1 .

Thus He is a son of David .

Your crossover  confusion with our inheritance of things spiritual  not withstanding .

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

57 minutes ago, Steve Conley said:

Montana Marv, persecution is persecution. Those persecuted over the last 2000 years will receive the same reward as those who are persecuted in the unparalleled great tribulation. The big difference is that the future persecution will threaten to kill every last true believer upon the earth. Jesus said that those days shall be shortened to save some of the elect alive upon the earth (Matt 24:22). Jesus speaking of this time said "And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him (Rev 6:9-11), though he bear long with them? I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?" (Luk 18:7-8). It will be so severe that it must be divinely cut short or no believer would be left alive to be raptured with the resurrected saints at Christ's coming.

You fail to see that the great tribulation is the persecution of the elect (church) and Israel by the Beast and his followers. It is not the wrath of God. The wrath of God takes place at the beginning of the day of the Lord. The day of the Lord doesn't come until after the cosmic sign spoken of By Joel (Joel 2:31) which follows the great tribulation (Matt 24:21, 29). He has promised us that we are not appointed unto His wrath (1Thes 5:9). The great tribulation is the wrath of Satan (Rev 12:12) upon the woman (Israel) and those who have the testimony of Jesus Christ (the church)(Rev 12:17). God's wrath doesn't begin until we are gathered unto Him.

Notice that Paul makes it clear, that the persecution of the Church is stopped when He begins to tribulate their persecutors. These are the earth dwellers who follow the beast.

2Th 1:6  Seeing it is a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you;
2Th 1:7  And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
2Th 1:8  In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
2Th 1:9  Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;
2Th 1:10  When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.

The rest for the church from tribulation (persecution) comes at the revelation of Jesus Christ in all His glory with the holy angels.

Montana Marv, in the persecution you have endured, have you resisted unto blood? Most likely not. When the man of sin is revealed (2Thes 2:3-10) and the saints are given into his hand and he overcomes them (Rev 13:7), you too most likely will have to choose between physical martyrdom and "the good life worshiping the Beast". To choose the "good life" receiving the mark means eternal death. However, to remain faithful in your testimony of Christ and to love not your life unto death means eternal blessing and reigning with Christ.

For any understanding of the Holy Scriptures to be correct there cannot be one statement of the Scriptures that contradicts it. Let your understanding of the Word be that which allows all the Word of God to be true.

If you are hanging on to:

1Th 5:9  For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

Believe it because it is true, but understand who's wrath Paul is talking about. In verses 2-3 of the same chapter Paul says it is God's day of the Lord wrath.

or,

Rev 3:10  Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

Believe it, but recognize that the hour of temptation is focused upon the earth dwellers and not the church and therefore is not the great persecution that Jesus spoke of. It is the wrath that comes at the beginning of the day of the Lord, because it begins upon the day of Christ's coming after the great tribulation (persecution of the elect and Israel) is over (Joel 2:31; Matt 24:29-31).

Cast aside the lens that filters your perception of all the Word of God and simply read it letting it be true and every man a liar. Take the explicit statements, ones that are unquestionable concerning their meaning, and from them build a framework for your eschatological model. Subject all implications to these clear statements of truth. Do this and you will have the certainty of God's objective truth concerning the order of end time events.

Hallelujah

Glory to the LORD ,   for not only is it given unto us to believe on Him but to suffer for His name sake.

NO fear of man.    its an BLESSING to be counted worthy to suffer for His name sake .   REJIOCE when ye are persecuted .    Forgive all who hate and persecute you.

BE PREPARED in CHRIST ,  I warn us all,   I warn us all a tremendous great persecution will come against the true lambs

as the world and churches continue to gather in unity , all inclusive ,  its leading to the betrayal of the true who wont conform.   

The world both secular and religious are gathering more and more under a unity guise which leads all right to the worship of the beast, the taking of his mark

and all in the name of world peace , unity and sensual love .   Be prepared to lose all and bleed for the ONE who bled first for us .   this world on this path

will not accept in time , anything that conformed not to this all inclusive unity for world peace mindset .  THEN begins the great tribulation hour

in which were it not a short one ,   NO flesh would live . NOT ANY.    it will be a massive murder fest of the true lambs.  OH, but to the eyes of the lost

it will seem as THE ONLY NECESSARY MEANS for world peace and safety.  What a delusion is building and will increase.   have no fear of man , not of death

nor the loss of all things .   Better to be persecuted ,hated , lose all things , in prison and even killed than to rule one hour with the beast and kings .

Onward fellow saints in the LORD .   no matter what is forming and will come against us ..............REJIOCE when persecuted for our HOPE is IN CHRIST .    SING IT PEOPLES , SING IT . 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Last Daze said:

How do you think a pretribber would live differently if they changed to a view that wasn't pretrib?  Would they not have the same faith in Christ?  Would they not still fear God just the same?

Last Daze, I can answer this from experience, because I was a pre-tribber for 40 years.

What has changed, how do I live differently.

1) I repented of my eisegesis and submitted my understanding to the explicit statements of the Holy Scriptures.

2) I am so thankful that God opened my eyes. I have become much more a student of the Word and less a student of principle men.

3) The Lord has moved me from man made systems of doctrine to simple faith in the Holy Scriptures, proving all the doctrines that I hold.

4) The Lord has allowed me to teach and lead the local church that I oversee to a right understanding in these things, involving a change in our doctrinal statement.

5) I feel such a debt that God has allowed me to see these truths that I'm writing books and pamphlets on the mater to help others.

6) We are still correcting the damage done by my pre-tribulationalism over the years, still reaching out to all those I taught wrong.

7) I'm warning everyone around me that we will go through great tribulation (It's not a popular message).

8) We are utilizing discussion forums, blogs, etc. to bring it to the attention of others.

9) The realization that I will most likely give my life as a martyr is not without areas of concern. Peter spent 3 1/2 years in Christ's presence and when the time came he denied Him. Only by the power of the Holy Spirit within me will I be faithful when the time comes. I trust Him.

10) By experience and the Word of God I have come to the realization that a person's profession means little until their faith is tried. Only then will it be proven genuine.

11) It has strengthened my personal sanctification. It is hard to love the things of the world knowing you have an appointment with a martyrs death.

12) We will go into this persecution with our eyes open, we will not be surprised. We are spiritually equipped being fortified with the Word of God.

13) I love Jesus more than I ever have.

14) I love others more than I ever have.

15) I look forward to His return more than I ever have.

All praise, honour, and glory be unto the Lamb

"How do you think a pretribber would live differently if they changed to a view that wasn't pretrib? "

They wouldn't be thinking that they could possibly get out of some responsibility or unpleasant experience at any moment by the rapture taking place.

They wouldn't need to eat their desert first lest the rapture come.

Edited by Steve Conley
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, Steve Conley said:

10) By experience and the Word of God I have come to the realization that a person's profession means little until their faith is tried. Only then will it be proven genuine.

Thanks for the list.

What I'm trying to say is that a life of obedience is the key.  We are not bound to our eschatology.  If a person acts on the teachings of Jesus, they are wise, and their house will stand, regardless as to whether their eschatology is askew or not.  It's their lifestyle of worship that matters, not their level of prophetic studies.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,957
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Days Won:  0

"If a person acts on the teachings of Jesus, they are wise, and their house will stand, regardless as to whether their eschatology is askew or not.  It's their lifestyle of worship that matters, not their level of prophetic studies"

This is true

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/19/2018 at 1:50 PM, Last Daze said:

Unless you can prove how idolatry is an unforgivable sin, this is a false statement.  Jesus stated that there is only one unforgivable sin and idolatry isn't it.

It is true that receiving the mark and worshiping the image is a sin, the sin of idolatry.  The plagues are God's corrective discipline and wrath.  They are meant to call the deceived to repentance.  They are wrath for those who refuse to repent.

Before you quote Rev 14:9,11 to me, check out the verb tenses of "receive" and "worship."  They describe someone who is presently, actively receiving of the benefits of the mark, and presently, actively worshiping the image.  It does not indicate past activity, or it would have used past tense verbs.  There is no indication of a "sealed fate."

Those who persist in the mark and the image are the object of the plagues.  No question.  Those who persist to the end will end up as verse 11 describes.  No question.  However, idolatry is not blasphemy of the Holy Spirit and will be forgiven if repented of.  I go into more detail here if you're interested.

Last Daze, I read your paper "Repenting of the Mark and the Image" and found some problems and inconsistencies. This is way off topic so I don't plan on writing a critique of it here. However, I will say to be careful about making arguments from silence. Also you were saying that the opposite must be true concerning the statements that "they repented not". On top of that I don't remember you mentioning anything about the strong delusion that will come upon those who chose not the love of the truth, but followed the lying wonders.

Rev 14:9  And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,
Rev 14:10  The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:
Rev 14:11  And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

Rev 13:8  And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Rev 17:8  The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

I pray that none that have read your teaching on this matter attempt to save their life by taking the mark thinking that they can repent later. If they do they will be forever lost and you will have unwittingly encouraged them to deny Christ.

Luk 17:33  Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it.

All praise, honour, and glory be unto the Lord Jesus Christ.

23 minutes ago, Steve Conley said:

I pray that none that have read your teaching on this matter attempt to save their life by taking the mark thinking that they can repent later. If they do they will be forever lost and you will have unwittingly encouraged them to deny Christ.

I'd have to question the salvation of someone who's knowingly out to see what all they can get away with.  I don't encourage worshiping the image any more than I do murder or stealing.  The "sealed fate" notion goes against what Jesus taught about forgiveness.  What about the people who won't try to repent because they've bought into the "sealed fate" lie?  Why should they try?

Either idolatry is forgivable or it isn't.  Jesus either told the truth or He didn't.  Simple as that.  There is no "special exception."  If you can't address that point, all other arguments are irrelevant.

26 minutes ago, Steve Conley said:

On top of that I don't remember you mentioning anything about the strong delusion that will come upon those who chose not the love of the truth, but followed the lying wonders.

As I see it, only those who hadn't previously rejected the truth will be able to repent.  This will include those who hadn't heard and those believers that were deceived by the signs and wonders.  And, yes, believers can be deceived.  Just look around.

Revelation 14 speaks of those who actively persist in worshiping the image and receiving of the mark.  Once someone repents, it no longer applies to them.