• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

11 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

Hello Adstar, I am considering your questions, and as there are multiple meanings to the " Christian" and "other religion", I find the questions way too broad, and complex, a more specific inquiry will be wellcome. 

When I meet people I never ask them direct questions for that reason.

I may asked them do you know the events that took place during the time of Jesus birth, everyone knows something and can answer the (conversation frendly question, even a muslim will wellcome this question). 

To inquiry about Jesus birth events, and about his mother, and Elizabeth the mother of Jonh and Zechariah his father, it is a discussion that needs to inquire as to who was the Father of Jesus. 

Or as in the geneology books of that time, it was said: 

Solomon the son of David, David the son of Jesse and Seth the son of Adam, Adam the son of God. 

And Jesus who did not have any descendents is the first in line, so we have Jesus the son of God for you who understand, and the last, there is only one son of God no other. 

For others who want to trace his Davidic liniage, they follow the liniage of Joseph if I am correct, as his mother was a Levy, if I am correct. 

But we see that from the events of Elizabeth and Mary, first that Zechariah is the father of Jonh and he is from the preisthood family, and inspite of the miraculous events that led to his conseption, like Abraham and Sarah, even grater than the birth of Issak, because Zechariah stood in the presence of God to the ministry. 

And considering that Zechariah did not conceive any other children, for that reason many believe that Jonh was the Christ, the promise one, because they suggested that Jonh was not the son of Zechariah but the son of God, thus dealing with the flow in Jonh' geneology. 

And as with Abraham, God starter a new Family from Issak, many thought that God will start a new family from Jonh, or the Christ, believing that Jonh was the Christ they went to be baptized by him, as to be included in the new family of God, and claim not Jonh and not all, 

The Farishes had a problem with that because it was roumor that if they are not baptized they are excluded. 

And many believe that Jonh as the Christ will live forever to continue the baptism, for that reason the Jews plan how to kill him , the same as Jesus to prove with his death that he was not the Christ. 

The same or similar fears had King Herod, and been fearful for loosing his Throne to Jonh (protected his Throne by keeping Jonh alive, being fearful that if he kills him he Jonh will come back to live for ever, this is why the daughter asked to beheading John, because the legent had it that this way cannot come back, or if he comes back he is not a threat because without a head he cannot see or hear or talk or think or know who he was without a mind to think. 

So to establish that Zechariah is the father of Jonh and that no only Josheph but not any other man was the father of Jesus is important to the OP, that establishes that Jesus was not having his life from the sircumsize seed of Abraham together with the Law of Moses, even thought the actions of the people bringing him to the Temple shows that he was a son of Abraham, the seed of Abraham. 

John publiclly denied he was the Messiah... So King Herod did not believe John was the Messiah but many Jews at the time believed that John was a Prophet and that is why Herod was afriad to Kill John.. 

Luke 3: KJV

16 "John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire:"

Jesus asked the Chief priests and the Elders in the temple a question... Their reply confirms why they where reluctant to kill John..

Matthew 21: KJV

25 "The baptism of John, whence was it? from heaven, or of men? And they reasoned with themselves, saying, If we shall say, From heaven; he will say unto us, Why did ye not then believe him? {26} But if we shall say, Of men; we fear the people; for all hold John as a prophet."

So these verses confirm that the Jews did not see John as the Messiah but as a Prophet..

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,777
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

17 hours ago, Adstar said:

John publiclly denied he was the Messiah... So King Herod did not believe John was the Messiah but many Jews at the time believed that John was a Prophet and that is why Herod was afriad to Kill John.. 

Luke 3: KJV

16 "John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire:"

Jesus asked the Chief priests and the Elders in the temple a question... Their reply confirms why they where reluctant to kill John..

Matthew 21: KJV

25 "The baptism of John, whence was it? from heaven, or of men? And they reasoned with themselves, saying, If we shall say, From heaven; he will say unto us, Why did ye not then believe him? {26} But if we shall say, Of men; we fear the people; for all hold John as a prophet."

So these verses confirm that the Jews did not see John as the Messiah but as a Prophet..

Hello Adstar, 

God made a promise when he gave the Law to Moses and made Aaron and his family (the Levites ) priests according to their familes. 

He promise them that they will have males in their all their families, so the service in the Temple will continue and be inherited to the son from the father , continually. 

The leadership was not inherited, God had to established and choose the leaders, (we understand what happen later on with the kings), but the priesthood was inherited, with some exeptions. Zechariah's the father of Jonh was an exeption, but not for the same reasons, as  the children of Eli, in the story of Samuel. 

Zechariah should have had a son long, long time ago, so by the time he reached his retirement his son would have been old enough to take over the Temple service from him. 

What kind of a sign was that situation to the people that Zechariah did not have children and who the first one was always a boy and not a girl. 

Evry other priest had the promise fullfilled to him and had a son, but Zechariah did not have a son, and he was insisting not to try another woman (like Abraham). Why? What does that mean, was it the Lords doing and if it was why? 

Edited by Your closest friendnt

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  596
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Birthday:  03/01/1969

God called the Son God 

Hebrews 1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43

5 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

Hello Adstar, 

God made a promise when he gave the Law to Moses and made Aaron and his family (the Levites ) priests according to their familes. 

He promise them that they will have males in their all their families, so the service in the Temple will continue and be inherited to the son from the father , continually. 

The leadership was not inherited, God had to established and choose the leaders, (we understand what happen later on with the kings), but the priesthood was inherited, with some exeptions. Zechariah's the father of Jonh was an exeption, but not for the same reasons, as  the children of Eli, in the story of Samuel. 

Zechariah should have had a son long, long time ago, so by the time he reached his retirement his son would have been old enough to take over the Temple service from him. 

What kind of a sign was that situation to the people that Zechariah did not have children and who the first one was always a boy and not a girl. 

Evry other priest had the promise fullfilled to him and had a son, but Zechariah did not have a son, and he was insisting not to try another woman (like Abraham). Why? What does that mean, was it the Lords doing and if it was why? 

Do you think Zachariah was a leader ? 

Of you do then you are mistaken.. Any of the male descendants of Levi could perform the duty's of a priest in the temple.. In fact they had a roster where priests would serve for two weeks per year ..  Zachariah as far as i know was not even a chief priest or part of the council of chief priests.. He was just an ordinary temple serving priest.. So if Zachariah failed to have a male son then it would not have been any crisis because there where literally thousands of male descendants of Levi who could take over the duties of Priest..

Also your belief that every other priest had the "promise" fulfilled to have a son does not seem to be anywhere in the Bible..   Yes many where blessed by having a son but nowhere i can find that God promised that every Levite man would be assured to have a son..

As for Abraham he did not insist to try another woman.. His first wife was the one who asked Abraham to marry another woman because she was not confident she would ever produce a child for Abraham..

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  308
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/14/1944

Greetings patrick jane,

5 hours ago, patrick jane said:

God called the Son God 

Hebrews 1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

Yes, and God also called the Angels "Elohim" in Psalm 8:5, refer Hebrews 2 and the Judges "Elohim" in Psalm 82:6, refer John 10:30-36. "Elohim" is the usual Hebrew word translated God in the OT and is the word used in Psalm 45:6 when speaking of the future king who would sit upon David's throne in Jerusalem.

Kind regards Trevor

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  166
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

On 3/13/2018 at 7:14 AM, shiloh357 said:

I am not ignoring anything.   Jesus developed as an ordinary man.   Jesus was the Son of God before the resurrection.  Sorry, but Jesus was the Word and is still the Living Word of God.   He was the Word made flesh.  You really need more study on the interplay between the humanity and deity of Jesus.   We call that the hypostatic union.

Ummm actually you just ignored your trinity belief in saying Jesus developed as an ordinary man. They are equal as you say always, so they cannot be anything less than all equal. 

On 3/19/2018 at 11:18 PM, Adstar said:

LORD help me....  You then believe that God inspired men to make false translations of His Word....   Give me a break.. You are like a muslim,, they say that one of allahs titles is the greatest of deceivers..  Do you think God inspired men to sabotage his Word ?  Well yes you do because to you there is no translation that is without fault... 

We are not going to progress on anything because we do not have the same Foundation to work off.. I work of the Foundation of the KJV.. You work of the foundation of your own beliefs because no Bible is Holy to you.. You cannot step forward and say the ( insert version name ) Bible is the Bible that i trust,, because you cannot trust in anything that is mistranslated.. Can you...

I do not appreciate your time and involvement because it was doomed to bare no fruit... It was a complete waste of time.. And i hate wasting Gods time..

Actually he is correct. Man translates the word today their own way, not inspired by God. As we have seen in the message bible, NLT bible and NIV bible as a few examples.

The NIV was translated by a lesbian so you think she was inspired by God?? I don't think so.

The NLT had 90 men translate it from all different faiths and beliefs.

So hardly inspired since they are not accurate bibles.

The NLT even says God is unjust because He sends people to hell.

The word was inspired when the apostles wrote the original texts.

Today man translates the word to suit their own ideas.

Guest shiloh357
25 minutes ago, DJ7 said:

Ummm actually you just ignored your trinity belief in saying Jesus developed as an ordinary man. They are equal as you say always, so they cannot be anything less than all equal. 

I didn't ignore anything.   You simply don't understand.

Jesus is fully God and co-eternal with the Father.  That is Bible 101.  Jesus was incarnated in human flesh, but was still fully God.  

Guest shiloh357
9 minutes ago, DJ7 said:

The NIV was translated by a lesbian so you think she was inspired by God?? I don't think so.

To more accurate, she was not a "translator."   She was one of the proofreaders for the English of NIV to make sure there were no English grammar mistakes or spelling mistakes.

3 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:
30 minutes ago, DJ7 said:

I didn't ignore anything.   You simply don't understand.

Jesus is fully God and co-eternal with the Father.  That is Bible 101.  Jesus was incarnated in human flesh, but was still fully God.  

So if Jesus was fully God why then did he grow in favour with God and man if He was God?

Who spoke from heaven if Jesus was fully God?