• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  166
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

It is true that the word Jehovah doesn't appear in the verse.  But it is not true that was added by any translators.  That's because it doesn't appear at all and it never has had the word "Jehovah" in it.   It has not been added by translators.  

You don't know what you're talking about.  The reference to God is the Hebrew word "El" and not "Jehovah" and it is paired with the word "gibbor"  and it means "mighty God."   Furthermore, "El" was not added by translators and reason we know that, is that have a copy of the whole book of Isaiah from the Dead Sea Scrolls in Hebrew dating back to nearly 300 BC and it is identical to the Hebrew Masoretic used today.   So no, it wasn't added by anyone

Actually the word used can relate to any deity, god, idol, angel. Doesn't specifically mean God. If it did then your saying every idol angel etc is God. But you would already know this because you read Hebrew, or are you just twisting scripture to fit your belief??

Edited by DJ7

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Days Won:  67

14 minutes ago, DJ7 said:

Actually the word used can relate to any deity, god, idol, angel. Doesn't specifically mean God. If it did then your saying every idol angel etc is God. But you would already know this because you read Hebrew, or are you just twisting scripture to fit your belief??

I John 4  Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world. 2 By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, 3 and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you heard was coming and now is in the world already.4 Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world. 5 They are from the world; therefore they speak from the world, and the world listens to them. 6 We are from God. Whoever knows God listens to us; whoever is not from God does not listen to us. By this we know the Spirit of truth and the spirit of error.

Your agenda is not fooling anyone.  Not a single Christian on this forum accepts a word you have to say, mission failure.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 2

4 hours ago, wingnut- said:
4 hours ago, DJ7 said:

I John 4  Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world. 2 By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, 3 and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you heard was coming and now is in the world already.4 Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world. 5 They are from the world; therefore they speak from the world, and the world listens to them. 6 We are from God. Whoever knows God listens to us; whoever is not from God does not listen to us. By this we know the Spirit of truth and the spirit of error.

Your agenda is not fooling anyone.  Not a single Christian on this forum accepts a word you have to say, mission failure.

It's obvious you haven't looked up that verse in the concordance to check what I said. My agenda?? Really, I have no agenda but the truth. That verse you quote I agree with what it says, it is true that Jesus was flesh. You have such a mind set that your right and everything else is wrong. You do not even have a humble spirit to consider something different because you believe you know it all. It's unfortunate you will not listen to what God is truly saying in His word. God will use the person you least want, to teach you the truth. If your not humble or willing to be open then it shows a spirit of pride. I am sorry that you don't have a spirit that is humble or willing to learn. I've given you the truth in the word and you deny the word what it says yourself. I quoted exactly what the word says and you refuse to listen to it. I let the word judge as you are accountable before God according to the truth I've shown you. I pray that God opens your spirit to see the truth in love. I don't want anyone deceived by the devils lies. In Thessalonians only the anti christ says he is God.

I just re read the whole new testament for verses the last week, as I read it every day. If you study the word God will show you the truth also.

Be blessed.

Edited by DJ7

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, DJ7 said:

It's obvious you haven't looked up that verse in the concordance to check what I said.

Shiloh already exposed that you have no clue what you are talking about when it comes to Hebrew, just like I exposed in the other thread you have no clue about Greek.  Funny thing about other languages, to understand them properly, you need to have some clue about sentence structure and such things, because they do not follow the pattern of English.  Looking up words in a book is of no benefit if you are clueless about the order of them.

Your point was the word was mighty...... ummmm yeah, that's because the word mighty is in there.

Isaiah 9:6 For to us a child is born,
    to us a son is given;
and the government shall be upon his shoulder,
    and his name shall be called
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
    Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

While you're busy looking for Jehovah, you don't even understand what you are looking for because you don't know the language.  Nor do you address the rest of what is said, Wonderful Counselor  (Holy Spirit), Everlasting Father (God the Father).  And who was the child that was born????  All these names are assigned to Him.  Then you try to pass  it off as a successful rebuttal, please!!!

5 hours ago, DJ7 said:

This is what you consider a successful rebuttal, that a prophecy about Jesus, the promised Messiah to the Jews, can relate to any deity, god, idol, or angel.  This has to be one of the worst examples of intellectual dishonesty ever presented as truth from the tearful martyr.  This is the kind of response you get when you catch a 5 year old with their hand in the cookie jar and they try to spin their way out of it.   EPIC FAIL!

1 hour ago, DJ7 said:

You have such a mind set that your right and everything else is wrong. You do not even have a humble spirit to consider something different because you believe you know it all.

Same thing you said to Shiloh and anyone else that disproves what you say, seems to be a theme of yours.  Anyone who disagrees is a know it all, but not poor little ol martyr you, no, not you.

1 hour ago, DJ7 said:

That verse you quote I agree with what it says, it is true that Jesus was flesh.

Is there hope?  Maybe?  Let's see.

John 1:14  And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.

John 1:1  [ The Word Became Flesh ] In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

1 hour ago, DJ7 said:

My agenda??

Yes, your agenda.  The same agenda you have been pushing for 155 posts now, to speak against our Savior.  You spend a week to come back with a reply to Isaiah 9, you search the scriptures by your own admission to support your agenda against Jesus.  You fail miserably, and if you don't get on the right side of things you will pay for eternity.  Still praying for you.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  596
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  03/01/1969

7 hours ago, DJ7 said:

Can you explain how when Jesus was in Mary's womb as a few tiny cells how was he co-equal with the Father and how it can be that God never changes yet Jesus changed from God in the beginning to being an embryo in Mary's womb. How is this never changing, being the same yesterday today and forever as the bible says?

I can, after you explain how Jesus Christ created all things as just a regular man. I'll wait.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  596
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  03/01/1969

Hebrews 13:5-12 KJV - 

Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.

Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation.

Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Be not carried about with divers and strange doctrines. For it is a good thing that the heart be established with grace; not with meats, which have not profited them that have been occupied therein.

10 We have an altar, whereof they have no right to eat which serve the tabernacle.

11 For the bodies of those beasts, whose blood is brought into the sanctuary by the high priest for sin, are burned without the camp.

12 Wherefore Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people with his own blood, suffered without the gate.

• Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,858
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Birthday:  04/01/1968

I think He prefers people to believe on their own from their own heart, rather push it on people.

Similair to teaching in parables.

On 3/26/2018 at 1:39 PM, wingnut- said:

This is what you consider a successful rebuttal, that a prophecy about Jesus, the promised Messiah to the Jews, can relate to any deity, god, idol, or angel.  This has to be one of the worst examples of intellectual dishonesty ever presented as truth from the tearful martyr.  This is the kind of response you get when you catch a 5 year old with their hand in the cookie jar and they try to spin their way out of it.   EPIC FAIL!

Actually I only mentioned one word in that passage, the word God, which is actually strongs concordance number 410 which doesn't say God. It means strength or mighty in reference to any deity, God, god, goodly, great, idol, might(-y one), power, strong.

That's what I said. So to use the word God in place where the word is supposed to be strength or mighty is wrong and is not true to what the verse is saying.

If you actually look it up for yourself you will see what I mean.

And no I didn't actually say the whole verse. The verse is still talking just about Jesus.

And besides 17 of the 39 words in the verse are added words. Look it up if you don't believe me.