• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  870
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/22/1968

Did Jesus really say He was God?

That’s exactly how Jesus’ original audience seemed to take it when He said, “I and the Father are one.” In fact, the Jews were ready to kill Him right there! Why? “Because you,” they said, “a mere man, claim to be God” (John 10:33).

On another occasion, He used the personal name of Israel’s God–the name revealed to Moses (Exodus 3:14)–to refer to Himself. And He even used the Torah for context, so no one would misunderstand Him: “Before Abraham was, I AM” (John 8:58). This would be about wild as telling a Muslim, “I am your God, Allah.” Don’t try that in Saudi Arabia! It’s no wonder the Jews tried to stone Him to death. That was the exact penalty for blasphemy under the Jewish legal system. It was pretty clear to everyone there  that He was saying, “I am Israel’s God.”

Why Jesus is God? The Apostle Thomas called Jesus God.John 20:27-29: 2. The Apostle Peter called Jesus God.2 Peter 1:1: 3.The Apostle John called Jesus God.John 1:1-3, 4.God the Father called Jesus God.Hebrews 1:8: 5. God the Father called Jesus God. 6.Isaiah the Prophet said the Messiah would be God.Isaiah 9:67. The Jews who crucified Jesus understood Him to be saying that He was equal with God.John 5:18: 8.Jesus called Himself "I AM", the Old Testament name for God (Exodus 3:14).John 8:58-59. 9.Jesus calls Himself "the Alpha and Omega," the title of Almighty God.Revelation 22:12-13. 10. Like God (Gen. 1:1) Jesus created. Colossians 1:16-1711. Like God, Jesus forgives sin.Mark 2:5-7, 10-11:12. Like God, Jesus gives eternal life.John 10:27-28: 13. Like God, Jesus received, receives and will receive worship.Matthew 14:32-33. 14. Jesus said that only God was good; and Jesus was good. John 10:11: "I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep."John 10:11: "I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep."Jesus was as good as they come. He was "sinless," "holy," "righteous," "innocent," "undefiled," and "separate from sinners." (Hebrews 7:26) That's pretty good! 15. Like God, Jesus can be present in more than one place at the same time.Matthew 18:20: 16. One of Jesus' titles is "God with us."Matthew 1:23. 17. Jesus' blood is called God's blood.Acts 20:28: 18. Jesus has the same nature as God.Hebrews 1:3a: 19. Jesus spoke as God.Jesus did not speak as one of God's prophets: "thus says the Lord," but as God: "I say to you."Matthew 5:27-29. 20. Like God (Psalm 136:3), Jesus is called the Lord of Lords and King of kings.Revelation 17:14. And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn. ( WHEN WAS GOD PIERCED? ). And he shall pass through Judah; he shall overflow and go over, he shall reach even to the neck; and the stretching out of his wings shall fill the breadth of thy land, O Immanuel (means God Among Us). 

John 1:1 "Ἐν ἀρχῇ ἦν ὁ Λόγος καὶ ὁ Λόγος ἦν πρὸς τὸν Θεόν Θεὸς ἦν ὁ Λόγος  ",  "En archē ēn ho Logos kai ho Logos ēn pros ton Theon kai Theos ēn ho Logos", "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and God was the Word"

John 1:14, "And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth."

John 8:58 "Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am." Crossreference with Exodus 3:14 "And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you."

John 10:33 "The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God."

John 20:28 "And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God."

Collossians 2:9 "For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily."

Hebrews 1:8 "But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: "

Matthew 4:10 "Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve." Crossreference with Matthew 2:2, Matthew 2:11, Matthew 28:9.

Isaiah 44:6 "Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God." Crossreference with Revelation 1:17 "And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: I am he." and Revelation 1:8 "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty."

• This is Worthy 2
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  308
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  02/14/1944

Greetings again KiwiChristian,

15 hours ago, KiwiChristian said:

Did Jesus really say He was God?

That’s exactly how Jesus’ original audience seemed to take it when He said, “I and the Father are one.” In fact, the Jews were ready to kill Him right there! Why? “Because you,” they said, “a mere man, claim to be God” (John 10:33).

But Jesus answered them in John 10:30-36, dismissing their accusation. Jesus states in verse 36 that he is the Son of God. He also gives other answers to their accusation in these verses which should also be considered, especially where the Judges in Israel were called "gods" or "Elohim".

Kind regards
Trevor

Edited by TrevorL

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,604
  • Content Per Day:  3.98
  • Days Won:  21

Yeshua means Yahweh is Salvation.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

1 hour ago, Heleadethme said:

because Jesus warned that in the last days many would come in His name SAYING they are Christ/God.

Some people, who are immersed in iniquity, living in darkness, does not repent and say: "All my sins, past-present-future all solved. No need to repent. I am clean"

"If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us." - 1 John 1:8

"Are there not twelve hours in the day? If anyone walks in the day, he does not stumble, because he sees the light of this world
    But if one walks in the night, he stumbles, because the light is not in him." - John 11:9-10

Glory to God! Amen.

Edited by 4LdKHVCzRDj2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

11 minutes ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

Some people, who are immersed in iniquity, living in darkness, does not repent and say: "All my sins, past-present-future all solved. No need to repent. I am clean"

"If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us." - 1 John 1:8

"Are there not twelve hours in the day? If anyone walks in the day, he does not stumble, because he sees the light of this world
    But if one walks in the night, he stumbles, because the light is not in him." - John 11:9-10

Glory to God! Amen.

AMEN......Jesus is the only one who is/was without sin.  So repentance is a huge necessity for us, it's a key to the kingdom.....so sad that it is often seen as a taboo topic in Christendom now.  As though some are starting to think they are Christs....?  :(

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

7 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

As though some are starting to think they are Christs....?

See this:

If people encourage a Christ like behavior for Christians, they say: "You are working to be saved, you want to earn it by your own effort"

"But if we walk in the light as He is in the light,
    we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin." - 1 John 1:7

"Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also;
    and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father." - John 14:12

But if they walk in darkness, living for iniquity... Then they are all fine, as they have no sin as they claim they "believe" in Him, so they are without sin (past-present-future).

"If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth." - 1 John 1:6

Those who are Christ's live for Christ, and those who are Satan's live for Satan.

"You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do." - John 8:44

The desire of the Father you want to do... Who is your father? Who?!

"And everyone who has this hope in Him purifies himself, just as He is pure." - 1 John 3:3

Glory to God! Amen.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

17 minutes ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

See this:

If people encourage a Christ like behavior for Christians, they say: "You are working to be saved, you want to earn it by your own effort"

"But if we walk in the light as He is in the light,
    we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin." - 1 John 1:7

"Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also;
    and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father." - John 14:12

But if they walk in darkness, living for iniquity... Then they are all fine, as they have no sin as they claim they "believe" in Him, so they are without sin (past-present-future).

"If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth." - 1 John 1:6

Those who are Christ's live for Christ, and those who are Satan's live for Satan.

"You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do." - John 8:44

The desire of the Father you want to do... Who is your father? Who?!

"And everyone who has this hope in Him purifies himself, just as He is pure." - 1 John 3:3

Glory to God! Amen.

Amen brother..........a humble and contrite heart He will not despise.......but He is against the proud, so we always need to walk humbly and with a penitent heart.  In this way, be rightly related to Him through Christ........because HE alone is God and we are not.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Members *

9 hours ago, Heleadethme said:

Amen!  Just that while on earth He did not count Himself equal to God, but in submission to Him, and in dependence upon Him......being an example for us.  He didn't come out and explicitly say that "I am God" because that would have been unseemly while He was in the flesh....so He also set the right example for us that way as well.....

.....because Jesus warned that in the last days many would come in His name SAYING they are Christ/God.  They take where it says, " it is no longer I who live but Christ who lives in me", too far.....overshooting the mark.  Forgetting that even Christ in us, is in submission to the Father, not counting Himself equal to God.  It is not ever the case that we "ARE Christ", rather it is that we have this treasure (of Him) IN our earthen vessel, and that we are to be LIKE Him....not BE him, but be LIKE Him.

Many will be saying about a man and men, lo here is Christ, or there......like the son of perdition is going to sit in the temple of God showing himself that he is God.......this is all from mystery Babylon, new age, Hindu, Buddhist beliefs creeping into the church.  I have already heard a number of  Christians saying that they are Christ, that they are God............AND happened to observe not long ago, a young man who was not Indian but obviously a new age hindu meditating type of person, barefoot and knotted hair, the way he was dressed, etc, and talking kindly to children and people around him.....that he had a Christlike aura......aka he had a spirit that seemed Christ-like......angel of light that was very winsome......very deceptive.  It was the first time I actually saw someone like that.....but it is going to increase, we are going to see it more and more, in Christian churches as well as the world....and be aware the son of perdition will have that same counterfeit christ spirit, with a STRONG kind of magnetism.....aka strong delusion. 

Perfectly foreseen by the Lord Jesus:

Matthew 24:23-27

Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.

For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Behold, I have told you before.

Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Thank you. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members *

11 hours ago, TrevorL said:

Greetings again KiwiChristian,

But Jesus answered them in John 10:30-36, dismissing their accusation. Jesus states in verse 36 that he is the Son of God. He also gives other answers to their accusation in these verses which should also be considered, especially where the Judges in Israel were called "gods" or "Elohim".

Kind regards
Trevor

Than you for your reply, trevor. And for being polite.

With all due respect, you are wrong.

John 10:30-36 shows that the jews knew full well what Jesus was claiming.

Timothy cried out "My Lord and my God"

Yes, other people ARE referred to as "god" meaning judges, but never "God" as in deity.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1