Sign in to follow this  
Melissa7

A Shocking Thing To See

Hi Again,

It's me, Ann Marie. In my first post as a newbie I said that I would write about my spirituality in this second post. However, I'm pushing it back to my third newbie posting.

Why?

Because I just saw a forum post with the title, "I'm going to kill myself in 2 weeks". I was kind of shocked to see that on a Christian forum. I read the entry and the replies, and came away from it with two thoughts - one bad and one good...

1.  It was chilling to read what the suicidal person wrote. His determination to go through with it despite all the support he received from Worthy members, as well as his seeming conviction that God doesn't exist left me immediately thinking one thing: That he was under severe demonic attack (not possession, Oppression). I know that some Christians I've spoken with disregard Satan and his demons as not being real, or [mistakenly] thinking that he can't affect them in their daily lives (so not true). To me, this suicidal man (?) lost his faith somewhere along the line, and the Enemy charged in like the roaring lion he is. I dearly hope that the prayers of everyone here reached God's ears, causing Him to avert this possible tragedy. Yet His Will be done.

2. As shocked as I was to read this terrible entry, I was even more surprised at all of the loving replies! Over the years, I've visited many so-called Christian communities and chat rooms; and for the most part, I found them to be quite lacking in brotherly love and compassion. Seeing all of the support for that lost soul put a crack in this stony heart of mine. It was beautiful.

Both the post and the replies let me know that I might be in the right place. If this community can handle tough issues like that and respond with such compassion, then I might actually be able to find the help I need here.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

Welcome aboard Worthy boards Ann Marie :emot-highfive:

Looking forward to reading any questions you have.. May you be blessed from your time here with us.. 

• Thanks 1

Hi Ann Marie, you are loved here.

Your sister

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi and welcome. From here on I will try to see Jaded as Happy instead. Happy Heart Ann Marie. Hope that is acceptable.

• Thanks 1

Welcome, Ann Marie. :)

• Thanks 1

Hi and welcome.

• Thanks 1

Welcome.

• Thanks 1

Hi sister you are right on everything you said. And there are many loving kind Christians here on worthy. That's why I stay. Satan is trying to kill because he is at war with God. And God is making a kingdom from this world. Saving people for his kingdom. Satan is trying to destroy that. He puts ideas of suicide and murder in hearts of people to stop God. He wants to be in charge. Most other forums are not as personnel as this one. Welcome !

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm a newbie too... thanks for posting this topic. Good to know this is such a caring community.

• Thumbs Up 3

9 minutes ago, Boaz said:

I'm a newbie too... thanks for posting this topic. Good to know this is such a caring community.

Welcome Boaz ! May you be blessed and find much good here. Worthy is a good place.

• Thumbs Up 2