Can't figure out what God wants of me?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  419
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

There have been a number of situations where people have been taken advantage of or mistreated. When I notice these things I am always inspired to help. When I do help, I am always met with threats or negative opposition. I get that we will be faced with opposition but why the threats? This has happened I would say 3 times within the last 4 months. Is God trying to tell me not to stand up for what is right? Is he saying to mind my business and leave people to struggle? I don't understand what it is he wants me to do. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  686
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

3 hours ago, notsolostsoul said:

Is he saying to mind my business and leave people to struggle?

I don't know what your doing but if your helping people and not telling them how to live, I don't see where there would be any problem.

10 hours ago, john1 said:

I don't know what your doing but if your helping people and not telling them how to live, I don't see where there would be any problem.

I am not telling people how to live. People do what they want. I meant if I notice how one individual is negatively impeding upon a multitude including myself, should I not speak on the behalf of the multitude and myself? Should I remain silent and allow myself as well as others to continue to be mistreated?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

Please give us an example of what you are talking about. It will make specific answers more relevant to specific situations.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 3/13/2018 at 3:36 PM, notsolostsoul said:

There have been a number of situations where people have been taken advantage of or mistreated. When I notice these things I am always inspired to help. When I do help, I am always met with threats or negative opposition. I get that we will be faced with opposition but why the threats? This has happened I would say 3 times within the last 4 months. Is God trying to tell me not to stand up for what is right? Is he saying to mind my business and leave people to struggle? I don't understand what it is he wants me to do. 

Hi, I'm going to suggest for serious consideration that one certainly might become  misled abit and act out as what near every office  or workplace has, the "office barrister". Each person when tempted to step in need pray first and wait and rethink for there is  strong  possibility of becoming a burr, or a  cog with a missing tooth  that just gets out of synch with the common goal  of an enterprise and it's employing bosses.

Ah the "office barrister", meaning well, but also suffering by being presumptive, thinking"others" will not have the same good sense as one's self has, and so assigns self to represent others as though others lack ability  and the good mind  to also  protect themselves.

Is the office barrister inspired, or is it something else? If it, the office barrister role, bears no good fruit for anyone, perhaps it is not that great a tree to be grafting onto.

No employer finds loyalty  in an office barrister personality. They  suffer the disruption of those individuals for just so long, then have to make the decision to terminate the employment of such a person. For the savior efforts of the barrister type employee tend to bare fruit  that is disruptive of the goal of the employer. It is pretty much that simple. Plus the fellow employees that the barrister is appointing them self to represent never want representation. They have their own goals and are going about their day trying to be successful in earning a paycheck for their family's benefit. They do not need, nor want the turmoil of being unhappy at work, nor do they want to work alongside of unhappy people asumingthey cannot see for themselves a goal for their life and their family.

Better to take on the role of the Saint in Christ Jesus and walk the extra mile, carry the load further than asked, and never give reason  for an employer to find grief for them in having hired a Christian employee.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  21
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

He hath shown thee, O man, what is good: and what doth the Lord require of thee but to do justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

Proverbs 26:17 New International Version (NIV)

Like one who grabs a stray dog by the ears
    is someone who rushes into a quarrel not their own

On Sunday, March 18, 2018 at 1:50 AM, nrm said:

is someone who rushes into a quarrel not their own

This would not be the situations I speak of. 

It would be my quarrel, even though I was not quarrelling but making it known that a particular individual's behavior has a negative effect on myself and/or multiple others.

There were different situations that occurred so I have not pick only one to explain.

It just seems that in all these situations, if I speak up for myself or others what is right or according to rules and procedures. Those who choose to do wrong immediately choose to come at me harshly with continued ill behavior or threats. 

So what I am trying to understand is; Does God want me to do nothing when someone chooses to behave badly towards myself and others? Because if I try to speak on how it doesn't have to be that way, I am confronted or threatened.

On Thursday, March 15, 2018 at 7:28 AM, Neighbor said:

"office barrister"

Neighbor, I thank you for your incite and informative words. The office barrister would be similar to one of my situations but not exact. The employer is not an issue. It would be a fellow coworker. Many have approached the individual and he still continues his ill behavior. Me, being an elect delegate to help in meditation of such issues have attempted to remedy the issue with suggestions only to have been met with a threat. The weirdest thing is I assisted this same individual with a very similar situation where he was mistreated by another in the exact same way. So this individual now has become the abuser of others and when he is approached in trying to correct his behavior, he then turns to threats. 

So me being a Christian, I am just trying to understand how does God want me to handle such situations?

On Tuesday, March 13, 2018 at 3:36 PM, notsolostsoul said:

Is God trying to tell me not to stand up for what is right?

On Wednesday, March 14, 2018 at 5:44 AM, notsolostsoul said:

should I not speak on the behalf of the multitude and myself? Should I remain silent and allow myself as well as others to continue to be mistreated?

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Hi and ha, hopefully it is not incite but rather insight, and perhaps neither just commentary. LOL

That's a tough  task you have taken on. Don't think I'd do it other than for really high compensation, not in this weird and whacky world of today, where everyone seems to be thinking they have the right to "stand their ground" and the absolute duty to insist upon it at all cost.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Neighbor said:

Hi and ha, hopefully it is not incite but rather insight, and perhaps neither just commentary. LOL

That's a tough  task you have taken on. Don't think I'd do it other than for really high compensation, not in this weird and whacky world of today, where everyone seems to be thinking they have the right to "stand their ground" and the absolute duty to insist upon it at all cost.

Yes, I meant insight.

Thank you again.