IGNORED

The workplace: when to stay & when to leave?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I've been praying about this alot. Praying for improvement in the workplace and on the music being played. It's a twenty one year old "non-believer" in control of the music being played from her phone. You can't tell her much. And you can just about imagine what I have to listen to on a daily basis. On top of that there's yelling, disrespect, bitterness, no communication and a whole lot if complaining and emotions all the time...

my question is do I stand and fight? Or do I walk away? 

• Praying! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  422
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

It sounds like an unhealthy environment in general.  Pray for help finding direction and assistance, and at the same time start looking for new job with a better environment.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

Let your light shine in a dark world.  Many of us have worked in places like this.  Usually if we don't act condemning and self righteous, they will come to us and ask about our beliefs, or ask for prayer.  So live the life before them and love them as Christ does.  "For while we were yet sinners Christ died for us."

Joh 17:14  I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

Joh 17:15  I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.

Joh 17:16  They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

Joh 17:17  Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

Joh 17:18  As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

3 hours ago, Mightypower said:

I've been praying about this alot. Praying for improvement in the workplace and on the music being played. It's a twenty one year old "non-believer" in control of the music being played from her phone. You can't tell her much. And you can just about imagine what I have to listen to on a daily basis. On top of that there's yelling, disrespect, bitterness, no communication and a whole lot if complaining and emotions all the time...

If yo don't mind me asking, what kind if job do you have?  I know in construction, everything goes ... the worse the louder. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,828
  • Content Per Day:  2.43
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

Pray first! Ask God for His will and direction.

Have you spoken to the boss or whoever is in charge about the situation?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2

22 hours ago, Mightypower said:

I'm unsure if you question is about the particular situation or the entire job.  I'll touch on both aspects.

I'm in my mid-50s and have seen quite a bit over my years.  I ended up leaving my last job because it had gotten so stressful for me that I actually almost passed out.  That was the day I decided I was leaving.  On my last day, I ended up in the ER with what turned out to be a major anxiety attack.  I stayed in one place about 20 years through a bankruptcy, multiple expansions and downsizings, ranges of workplace environment ranging from toxic to fantastic.

Ultimately, it is about where does God want you to be.   For me, the transitions were due to God steering me in a new direction.  I left the 20 year job when God made it clear it was time for me to leave for a career change.  The day before I gave my two week notice, there was a big company meeting announcing the closing of that location.  The next job (1.5 years) gave me incredible experience in a new career field.  At the end of that (which is when I ended up in the ER), God was calling me toward a lifestyle of semi-retirement with consulting and writing.

Sometimes toxic workplaces are primarily due to a few people that instigate it all.  In those situations, it might be possible for the "worker bees" to do something about the culture just by behaving differently and acting more respectfully.  Indeed, a single person being fired or transferred might change the entire culture.  However,  sometimes toxic workplaces simply have an unhealthy culture embedded in them that cannot be changed without having a new CEO or manager that is willing to raze the existing culture and create a new one.    The last place I was at (a Christian non-profit) had a terribly toxic atmosphere.   As one example, there was one data entry group with about half a dozen women who had been there for decades.  They were always shorthanded with a couple positions open.  They were simply so catty and awful to work with, no one would stay.  There were people who quit after less than a week of working with them.  Not every group was this bad, but sadly it was not uncommon for this type of thing to go on.  The new CEO was trying to change it (and the team I was on was new).  When our team was directly working for him, we were part of the new atmosphere he was trying to instill and it was a dream job.  As other things pulled his attention in other directions, he put our team under a department that exposed us to the old toxic environment.  Within a few months, it became an intolerable situation.  I left voluntarily because I couldn't handle it any more and the other two people were let go.  Sometimes you can make a difference and sometimes you cannot.

In terms of dealing with what is happening immediately around us, the frustrations and pressures around us can seem overwhelming at times.   One question is how does God want me to respond to the people around me?  There are times to be a calm quiet presence that simply shows everyone a different way of living.  There are times to stand up and push for change.  The key is what God wants to be done.  Do not underestimate what simply being different can do in terms of a testimony and witness.  Also, there are times to stand up to make changes.  

Sometimes God wants us to influence a few individuals around us;  sometimes He has us there to push large scale change.

The g.m knows about it. She just looks past it. There have been a couple meetings but still no change. The manager stepped down and we all just kind of do what we are suppose to do. The g.m is never around.  

I'm a dog bather.in training to do grooming. It's a dog grooming section of a doggie daycare and resort.. 

I don't condem them at all. I don't even say anything about anything and they keep me out of the drama I'm just nice to them all. They all know I love Jesus and I try to e the best witness I can be. However it's completely draining to be there the other day I couldn't take it anymore I just busted out in tears and had to leve  early and use sick time. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  2

Can you wear earbuds and listen to something soothing/upbeat/Christian on the job?