A Lunch No Show

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

So this lady from my church. We are not close friends or anything we are just friendly to one another when we see each other at church. So one Sunday she asked me if I would like to go out to lunch sometime this week.  I told her I didn't know what was going on this week but would think about it and get back to her. The week passed and the next Sunday came around. At church that Sunday she asked me again if I would like to go out for lunch. This time I told her yes I would like to go. We decided on Thursday. She said she would call me on Thursday and we would do lunch. Well Thursday came and no call from her and she didn't show up.  I thought about calling her but since she is the one who invited me I was not sure if me calling her was the right thing to do. Again we are not close friends. The next Sunday when I ran into her at church again she said nothing about missing our lunch date.  I said nothing as well. But do you think I should have said something? I am guessing she must have forgotten but I am not sure if I should say something or just let it be. She has not asked me out to lunch again. Which I think is kind of strange but I am not much of a people person so I don't know. Anyway what do you all think? :noidea:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,014
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,271
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

I hope this lady will write lunch on her calendar next time!

Maybe she forgot the lunch date and is too embarrassed to bring it up again.  So if you are interested in going to lunch with her, yes, do ask her if she would like to make another plan for lunch.

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  475
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,556
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Days Won:  9

I think she forgot. And it was too hard to bring up. It happens.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  30

Lately I have had appointments and events nearly every day of the week.  Today my grandson did not come over as I was told he would.  Oh well. Other people get just as busy as I do, and stuff happens to change plans.  We also forget.  I forgot a Dr's appt and couldn't get another till May.  It happens.  I got confused on the date of another and showed up a day too early.  Yes they do go into my calendar.  Even that gets mixed up sometimes.  

Sorry you were stood up.  Forgive her and move on.   Maybe you can ask her next time.  

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

On 3/23/2018 at 3:34 PM, Willa said:

Lately I have had appointments and events nearly every day of the week.  Today my grandson did not come over as I was told he would.  Oh well. Other people get just as busy as I do, and stuff happens to change plans.  We also forget.  I forgot a Dr's appt and couldn't get another till May.  It happens.  I got confused on the date of another and showed up a day too early.  Yes they do go into my calendar.  Even that gets mixed up sometimes.  

Sorry you were stood up.  Forgive her and move on.   Maybe you can ask her next time.  

I did already.  I mean forgive her that is. But this sort of thing happens a lot with me. So much so that anymore I just don't pay any mind to it. If they show up great. If they don't, well I never really expected them too in the first place. And I am happy staying home playing computer games and watching Netflix. So that is just how it rolls I guess. 

• Loved it! 1