• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  86
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/15/1960

I was reading in a rather good Christian periodical about worry. Of course we Christians are not to worry about anything and the article gave biblical references as to why a Christian should not do so. However, it appears that this is conditional because the article goes on to say that a Christian should be wise to set up a pension scheme and have life insurance and the like. I’m not advocating laziness on the part of any Christian but this magazine may be saying that the advice, if not the command, to not worry is conditional. I was reading Matthew 6.25-34 last night and I cannot find that the command “not to worry” is conditional. Thoughts?

I hope I’ve made myself understood as I’m a bit rushed for time.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

4 hours ago, Berean said:

Thoughts?

I have been learning that we should not worry, and keep seeking not to each day. To worry is a sign of lack of faith.

"Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature?" - Matthew 6:27

"Therefore do not worry, saying,
    ‘What shall we eat?’ or
        ‘What shall we drink?’ or
            ‘What shall we wear?’" - Matthew 6:31

"Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns;
    yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?" - Matthew 6:26

"Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life,
    what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body,
        what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing?" - Matthew 6:25

"For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things.
But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you." - Matthew 6:32-33

We have a father, a Father in heaven. Only when people realize this and learn to trust in Him, and love Him, they will be in peace.

"And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose." - Romans 8:28

Glory to God! Amen.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  86
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/15/1960

58 minutes ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

I have been learning that we should not worry, and keep seeking not to each day. To worry is a sign of lack of faith

Indeed! I know all this but when one is approaching retirement age without having made the necessary preparations one wonders how God will intervene if at all.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

11 minutes ago, Berean said:

Indeed! I know all this but when one is approaching retirement age without having made the necessary preparations one wonders how God will intervene if at all.

Bless you Berean......I've found it helpful in times of worry or discouragement to remind myself of how the Lord has been faithful to me at different times in the past........as well as to cast my cares upon Him.......so I would say to unburden yourself to the Lord in prayer over this situation, as many times as you need to, and He will give you His peace, as well as make a way for you.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  475
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,557
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

Paul said he worried about the church. And that he had fears within. So i dont buy that. But when we do worry we need to give God our worry and trust in his care. Bad things can happen just like job. But nothing can sea. Separate us from his love in christ Jesus.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

I have worried and yet never seen the real thing that 'got me'. So thankfully the Lord provided a small SSA retirement for me when I was just working hard to support a family that eventually disowned me.

It never occurred to me I would one day need it. But God knew!

It is interesting that the altar of the Lord is very slippery. I used to put stuff on it periodically and behold, it would slide right back into my lap again.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  596
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  03/01/1969

I thought I read somewhere that like 95% or 99% of everything we worry about never comes to pass. I know it was a really high percentage but it might be true. :35: