• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,625
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  2

On 11/23/2018 at 10:16 PM, Steve_S said:

Well, it's certainly indicative of a spiritual state, so i believe that box is checked to be sure, but I don't believe it is *only* spiritual. I think it's always helpful to take a look at the scriptures regarding it.

Rev 13:16  He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads
Rev 13:17  and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

In this case, it would appear to be a tattoo of some sort, a physical mark. I don't generally view scripture allegorically unless the scripture itself gives us reason to and in this case, I certainly do not believe it does, insofar as it is pretty explicit - it's going to be a mark, his name, or the number of his name. I tend to view this sort of like a cattle brand.

Having said all that and stating once again that I believe there will be a physical mark, I certainly would not rule a technological component that is involved in taking the mark, be that RFID or some even newer or as yet undeveloped technology. This would certainly make sense in light of the prophecies regarding buying or selling.

So, in short, it is almost certainly two of those options (physical mark which is an outward expression of a spiritual condition) and could be all three (meaning it could possibly include a technological component).

I see. I'm more dogmatic on this.

We are going to see real power like never before.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, Diaste said:

We are going to see real power like never before.

How so?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,625
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  2

21 minutes ago, Steve_S said:

How so?

Many think the rise of the beast is coming through politics, well mainly politics, but I have to adhere to Rev 13. The rise of the beast is in supernatural power from the onset. The world is in awe from the head wound that was healed, not slick oratory or sartorial splendor, or nice hair. Based on the resurrection from the dead, possession, doesn't matter, still back from the dead, the world wonders after the beast and asks the question, which is rhetorical, and one must consider then, if the world wonders who can make war with the beast, he must demonstrate great power as the world contains 3 giant superpowers.

His propaganda arm deceives the world by signs and wonders, even calling fire down from heaven. Maybe this is all high tech holograms, seen some pretty wild stuff on that front, and we would be a decade behind the military capabilities so I have to allow the possibility; but I don't believe the dragon is apt to rely on tech to accomplish his ends, seeing the power wielded prior to this.

Ancient archaeology also holds clues. Advanced civilizations flourished long before the modern age outstripping our current knowledge and abilities. The story goes, ancient people received such things from the gods. If they could do more with this greater knowledge and far less 'tech' imagine the things we'll see when the dragon has permission to conquer.

That was kinda quick, suppers cooking....

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.40
  • Days Won:  16

man...interesting conversation and I am sincerely enjoying the "tone" as well.   Maybe this thread should be held up as an example of Godly discussion, discussing topics, not attacking positions :)   I'll hush now til I have something relevant to the subject matter :)  Rock on....

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  119
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

On 1/23/2019 at 5:45 PM, Jostler said:

man...interesting conversation and I am sincerely enjoying the "tone" as well.   Maybe this thread should be held up as an example of Godly discussion, discussing topics, not attacking positions :)   I'll hush now til I have something relevant to the subject matter :)  Rock on....

Thanks for posting this subject, and yes it's is interesting. But it astounds me how one can take the Olivet Discourse Matthew 24:1-34,  and chop it up to little pieces of double and triple implications in a world thousands of years after it was penned.

Instead of leaving the prediction in the first century where it belongs. And coming up with multiple interpretation, unrelated to each other, of the words of Christ when He said, "I tell you the truth, "this generation" will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened"

I thought this article was interesting on the temple verses of the two witnesses. I'm sure this conclusion came up in the post.

"Additional evidence that Jesus is the two witnesses is found in the Gospels.  In John 12:49-50 Jesus says, “For I did not speak on my own, but the Father who sent me commanded me to say all that I have spoken. . . .   So whatever I say is just what the Father has told me to say.”  In John 8:13-18 Jesus echoes John 12:49-50 while calling attention to the fact that because He speaks the words of the Father His testimony is that of two witnesses.  John 8:13-18 reads,

“The Pharisees challenged him, “Here you are, appearing as your own witness; your testimony is not valid.”  Jesus answered, “Even if I testify on my own behalf, my testimony is valid, for I know where I came from and where I am going. . . .   But if I do judge, my decisions are true, because I am not alone. I stand with the Father, who sent me. In your own Law it is written that the testimony of two witnesses is true.  I am one who testifies for myself; my other witness is the Father, who sent me"