IGNORED

Were in the bible does it say Abraham is already in heaven?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0

On 3/14/2018 at 7:05 PM, zorgblar said:

Were in the bible does it say Abraham is already in heaven?

He was in heaven when the graves opened just before Jesus' resurrection and the bodies of the dead rose again. Sheol/Paradise was emptied from that moment on.

9 hours ago, Christine said:

I believe that Abraham, in the sight of God, is sleeping with the fathers of that nation, awaiting the resurrection, at a time of God's choosing: and that his spirit (or breath of life) has gone back to God who gave it. When mortality puts on immortality, and corruption puts on incorruption at the resurrection, Abraham will be a living soul once more, and take His allotted place in God's purpose in the heavenly Jerusalem, along with all of like Faith.

No saved OT saint sleeps in Paradise now, they havent done so since Sheol/Paradise was emptied out at Christ's resurrection. Abraham is in heaven now with Jesus. And all who die since Jesus though their body sleeps their soul goes to be with God

2 Corinthians 5:8 

We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

THERE IS NO SOUL SLEEP that is a heresy

Edited by TheMatrixHasU71

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  1,058
  • Content Per Day:  0.42
  • Days Won:  5

23 hours ago, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

He was in heaven when the graves opened just before Jesus' resurrection and the bodies of the dead rose again. Sheol/Paradise was emptied from that moment on.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  1,058
  • Content Per Day:  0.42
  • Days Won:  5

23 hours ago, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

No saved OT saint sleeps in Paradise now, they havent done so since Sheol/Paradise was emptied out at Christ's resurrection. Abraham is in heaven now with Jesus. And all who die since Jesus though their body sleeps their soul goes to be with God

2 Corinthians 5:8 

We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

THERE IS NO SOUL SLEEP that is a heresy

Hello there,

I would be interested to hear the Scriptures which I hope you can provide, regarding the thoughts you have expressed.  We appear to differ in regard  to our understanding of what the soul comprises, the meaning of 2 Corinthians 5:8, as well as what the Scripture says regarding those who are said to be,  'asleep in Christ'. ( see 1 Thessalonians 4:5, 8, 14)

Thank you.

In Christ Jesus

Christine

Edited by Christine

On 3/17/2018 at 12:09 PM, Christine said:

Hello there,

I would be interested to hear the Scriptures which I hope you can provide, regarding the thoughts you have expressed.  We appear to differ in regard  to our understanding of what the soul comprises, the meaning of 2 Corinthians 5:8, as well as what the Scripture says regarding those who are said to be,  'asleep in Christ'. ( see 1 Thessalonians 4:5, 8, 14)

Thank you.

In Christ Jesus

Christine

Those who are asleep in Christ are asleep in body only. The soul goes to be with God. 1 Cor 5:8 is really the only proof you need but if you need more (I have posted this elsewhere)

Revelation 6

9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:

10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?

These are people who are DEAD, asleep in Christ, not yet resurrected and yet they are alive with God in heaven.

Paul was stating in 2 Cor 5:8 that when one dies one goes immediately to be with God.