turtletwo

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

I think it is a great kindness to be there with someone in a coma, or someone who is dying, and to talk to them, and to hold their hand. I do think they know. When my mother in law was dying from cancer (literally just a couple of hours from it), we were all there with her. My husband and I had to leave so he could get back home to get to work. I leaned down to kiss her cheek and she moved her head just ever so slightly as I did it. 

Talk to your mom about whatever you wish. Hold her hand. Stroke her hand with your thumb. I think she will know you are there. She will know she isnt alone. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

3 hours ago, ayin jade said:

I think it is a great kindness to be there with someone in a coma, or someone who is dying, and to talk to them, and to hold their hand. I do think they know. When my mother in law was dying from cancer (literally just a couple of hours from it), we were all there with her. My husband and I had to leave so he could get back home to get to work. I leaned down to kiss her cheek and she moved her head just ever so slightly as I did it. 

Talk to your mom about whatever you wish. Hold her hand. Stroke her hand with your thumb. I think she will know you are there. She will know she isnt alone. 

I agree Ayin.   We were with mom and dad when they died and was holding their hands and talking to them......         with mom, I stroked her hand and talked with her for sometime after she stopped breathing and her heart stopped...    I don't know how long she could hear me but I didn't want to leave her alone for a bit of time just in case.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  686
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

13 hours ago, turtletwo said:

Does anyone know if those in this state can hear you speaking to them and touching their hand?

My wife saw this, and said her Grandfather was in a coma and she talked to him and he cried, I don't know what she said.

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,204
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

Our family was living in the Philippines back in nineteen fifty seven when my thirteen year old brother was hit in the head with a baseball and  was in a coma. This was Clark AFB military hospital, and usually my mom went every day to check up on him and stay the day. He was totally paralyzed.  This went on for some time, and she noticed every time she came to visit, my brother had a red rash.  When she ask the Doctors and nurses about it, they realized that he always got the rash only when my mom visited. Though completely paralyzed, he recognized her voice, and became exited, and was blushing, thus the rash.  They realized he had his mental faculties,  and was mentally alert. He lived thirty four more years before the Lord took Him home.