Is this racist?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  26
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

"I guess my question is, do you think it is racist that an African American loves his own history?"

Racist? No. Prideful? Kinda.

Jews, Blacks, Mexicans, Asians, ect loving their own ancestral history and working to serve their interests is totally acceptable today. 

But for the whitey? "Nah ah ah. Racist! Nazi! White Nationalist!"

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  68
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  12/28/1979

Thank you everyone for your opinion. I really appreciate. I know that some people disagreed. And that is OK. I asked for your opinion and you gave it to me. Everyone gave me a lot to think about, even those who were disagreeable. So thank you

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  68
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  12/28/1979

On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 10:52 AM, MMAlex said:

"I guess my question is, do you think it is racist that an African American loves his own history?"

Racist? No. Prideful? Kinda.

Jews, Blacks, Mexicans, Asians, ect loving their own ancestral history and working to serve their interests is totally acceptable today. 

But for the whitey? "Nah ah ah. Racist! Nazi! White Nationalist!"

Huh. I have thought about that. I do think that stinks. I don't believe it is racism whether or white or black to be proud of who you are. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  357
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

On 3/15/2018 at 2:00 PM, worthlessness1979 said:
I am a proud African American man. I am proud of the African American history. I am proud of what African Americans accomplished during the Civil Rights Movement. And I am proud of what the students did at Central High School in Little Rock.

But I am not somebody who holds resentment towards anybody. I am not somebody who is expecting an apology from anyone, even though someone told me a long time ago we shouldn't have to continue to apologize for what happened in the Civil Rights Movement. I wasn't there, so I wasn't expecting an apology. But that doesn't mean that I'm not proud of its history. And if you weren't there and had nothing to do with it, you shouldn't have had to apologize at all.

I have to do a research project at school. I have to create a superhero, for example, like Wonder Woman, but it doesn't have to be Wonder Woman I'm just using that as an example. And she or he has to have multiple different super powers, and she or he either changes or stops an event in history from 1873 to 2018. And it just has to be one event, like the civil rights movement or World War II. Or it could be 9/11 or anything that happened in history.

I am doing my research project on the Civil Rights Movement. My fear is because I am African-American and race has actually become very controversial. And I am the only African-American in my history class, which I don't think matters but sometimes I am afraid that it does. I do not believe anyone is racist in my class, but I am just afraid of my project that it is going to cause some friction. I don't know.

I guess my question is, do you think it is racist that an African American loves his own history? Do you think it's racist that an African-American loves his own history above all the other historical events?

if we cause evil to our neighbor/townsman/cohabitant, then we are bad - no matter (exactly) how - other things are not so important

Blessings

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

11 hours ago, ytLiJC said:

if we cause evil to our neighbor/townsman/cohabitant, then we are bad - no matter (exactly) how - other things are not so important

Blessings

I actually disagree with that, but I'm saying that regarding the use of the word, "evil" in the bible . It can be translated as "bad". If I shoot a guy who is trying to rape my daughter or any woman, I've caused "evil" against him - A bad thing happened to him - I am not bad and have not sinned. I have protected someone from evil/bad being done by a wicked person.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,125
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

A simple understanding of the begin of racism:
Anything that is externally present in form, color, culture etc. that are determined to be of better or worse quality in evaluation process is not of God...

1 Sam 16:7
7 But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart.
KJV

This is the perfect evaluation and only God can do this perfectly...

4 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

A simple understanding of the begin of racism:
Anything that is externally present in form, color, culture etc. that are determined to be of better or worse quality in evaluation process is not of God...

1 Sam 16:7
7 But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart.
KJV

This is the perfect evaluation and only God can do this perfectly...

I believe everyone is racist, sexist, ageist, etc. I used to be in sales, my "racism" and "sexism" served me extremely well. 

But for me, it is not seeing them as better or worse than each other. Rather, I see them as "different". And at least start, tentatively, by treating them as such. Again, when I was in sales it was why I won sales contests. 

When it becomes a problem is when those "differences" make one better or worse than another or stoke one's fears that someone is better by virtue of their race, sex, age, etc.

They're just different. And that's ok.

Edited by Still Alive

3 minutes ago, Still Alive said:

I believe everyone is racist, sexist, ageist, etc. I used to be in sales, my "racism" and "sexism" served me extremely well.  I don't believe you know the escape from this if you include all people?

But for me, it is not seeing them as better or worse than each other. Rather, I see them as "different". And at least start, tentatively, by treating them as such. Again, when I was in sales it was why I won sales contests. 

When it becomes a problem is when those "differences" make one better or worse than another or stoke one's fears that someone is better by virtue of their race, sex, age, etc.

They're just different. And that's ok.

There are people who walk in The s/Spirit and do not fulfill the lust of the flesh... all reliance is upon Scripture and God The Holy Spirit within them!

Just now, enoob57 said:

There are people who walk in The s/Spirit and do not fulfill the lust of the flesh... all reliance is upon Scripture and God The Holy Spirit within them!

I leave that determination to God. I don't know the heart of any other man but my own heart. God have mercy on me, a sinner!

1 minute ago, Still Alive said:

I leave that determination to God. I don't know the heart of any other man but my own heart. God have mercy on me, a sinner!

This is the peace I have understood that passes all understanding ... even though we cannot perfectly walk with our God in Love=obedience... we have His Person within sealing us from fleshy living to that of  s/Spirit walking. And even though I progress through this fire of testing showing both victory and defeat I know this is true

2 Tim 1:12-14
12 For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.
13 Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.
14 That good thing which was committed unto thee keep by the Holy Ghost which dwelleth in us.
KJV

by this we rest in His Word alone and not by works
2 Peter 3:10-13
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
If we release that which passes away from our hearts God can fill it with His eternal promises... and the we see what manner of people we are by belief...
11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.
KJV