• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  357
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Still Alive said:

I actually disagree with that, but I'm saying that regarding the use of the word, "evil" in the bible . It can be translated as "bad". If I shoot a guy who is trying to rape my daughter or any woman, I've caused "evil" against him - A bad thing happened to him - I am not bad and have not sinned. I have protected someone from evil/bad being done by a wicked person.

i said "we" i.e. we humans in general, so the same applies also to any man who would, God forbid, try to rape your daughter, etc. - nevertheless we should also not forget that spiritual lawlessness is the sin of the sins, the evil of evils, the cause of the causes, the iniquity of iniquities, vanity of vanities, etc.

Blessings

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

37 minutes ago, ytLiJC said:

i said "we" i.e. we humans in general, so the same applies also to any man who would, God forbid, try to rape your daughter, etc. - nevertheless we should also not forget that spiritual lawlessness is the sin of the sins, the evil of evils, the cause of the causes, the iniquity of iniquities, vanity of vanities, etc.

Blessings

For me, sin is sin. It's missing the mark. And every single one of us does it. Without Christ, we live the Ecclesiastes life. We eat and drink and enjoy the fruit of our labors, and then we die, like the rest of the biological machines. But Christ offers a better way. We then don't strive to be good to earn his blessing. Rather, we strive to do His will because we want to please our Father. And we're "in the will" unless we commit the unpardonable sin. "All things are permissable, but not all things are profitable." We are saved by grace. And now that I'm saved from death, I desire to become ever closer to him, in this life, and in the life after.

Edited by Still Alive

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  552
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

On 3/15/2018 at 5:00 AM, worthlessness1979 said:
I am a proud African American man. I am proud of the African American history. I am proud of what African Americans accomplished during the Civil Rights Movement. And I am proud of what the students did at Central High School in Little Rock.

But I am not somebody who holds resentment towards anybody. I am not somebody who is expecting an apology from anyone, even though someone told me a long time ago we shouldn't have to continue to apologize for what happened in the Civil Rights Movement. I wasn't there, so I wasn't expecting an apology. But that doesn't mean that I'm not proud of its history. And if you weren't there and had nothing to do with it, you shouldn't have had to apologize at all.

I have to do a research project at school. I have to create a superhero, for example, like Wonder Woman, but it doesn't have to be Wonder Woman I'm just using that as an example. And she or he has to have multiple different super powers, and she or he either changes or stops an event in history from 1873 to 2018. And it just has to be one event, like the civil rights movement or World War II. Or it could be 9/11 or anything that happened in history.

I am doing my research project on the Civil Rights Movement. My fear is because I am African-American and race has actually become very controversial. And I am the only African-American in my history class, which I don't think matters but sometimes I am afraid that it does. I do not believe anyone is racist in my class, but I am just afraid of my project that it is going to cause some friction. I don't know.

I guess my question is, do you think it is racist that an African American loves his own history? Do you think it's racist that an African-American loves his own history above all the other historical events?

No, not at all. 

There is no racism, only hate and insecurity. Race is just an excuse used as a weapon when there is really nothing else.

Be honest as a child. In fact, a better super hero would be a child whose character is bigger than life - super.

6 hours ago, Still Alive said:

For me, sin is sin. It's missing the mark. And every single one of us does it. Without Christ, we live the Ecclesiastes life. We eat and drink and enjoy the fruit of our labors, and then we die, like the rest of the biological machines. But Christ offers a better way. We then don't strive to be good to earn his blessing. Rather, we strive to do His will because we want to please our Father. And we're "in the will" unless we commit the unpardonable sin. "All things are permissable, but not all things are profitable." We are saved by grace. And now that I'm saved from death, I desire to become ever closer to him, in this life, and in the life after.

is hurting humans/souls good?!, because as far as i can remember God Himself said and wrote that we should not hurt our neighbor/townsman/cohabitant - neither through direct impact (Exodus 20:13), nor through indirect impact (Exodus 20:14), nor through deprivation (Exodus 20:15), nor through testification (Exodus 20:16), etc., despite the permission for meat-eating (Genesis 9:3) (which is why righteous people have slaughtered animals very gently) - after all, Jesus and His true disciples always overcame evil with good (Romans 12:21)

Blessings

1 hour ago, ytLiJC said:

is hurting humans/souls good?!, because as far as i can remember God Himself said and wrote that we should not hurt our neighbor/townsman/cohabitant - neither through direct impact (Exodus 20:13), nor through indirect impact (Exodus 20:14), nor through deprivation (Exodus 20:15), nor through testification (Exodus 20:16), etc., despite the permission for meat-eating (Genesis 9:3) (which is why righteous people have slaughtered animals very gently) - after all, Jesus and His true disciples always overcame evil with good (Romans 12:21)

Blessings

You are missing my point. It is good when I kill a man who is trying to kill an innocent person. I am doing an "evil" against him, but saving the other person's life. Ask any cop that has had to shoot a perp that was threatening others. Ask the guy that shot that kid dead who had already shot and injored two students in a Maryland School this week. 

God created us in His image and said it was good. Part of that image is a sense of justice. 

I was merely making the point that sometimes a person does an "evil against another person" but they are not doing evil. It is "evil" only from the other person's perspective. That really was my whole point. Nothing more. Nothing less. It is why the bible says God did "evil". In fact, Isaiah 45:7 is an excellent example. The word is interpreted as "evil" in the KJV, but "calamity" in the NASB.

http://biblehub.com/lexicon/isaiah/45-7.htm

14 hours ago, Still Alive said:

You are missing my point. It is good when I kill a man who is trying to kill an innocent person. I am doing an "evil" against him, but saving the other person's life. Ask any cop that has had to shoot a perp that was threatening others. Ask the guy that shot that kid dead who had already shot and injored two students in a Maryland School this week. 

God created us in His image and said it was good. Part of that image is a sense of justice. 

I was merely making the point that sometimes a person does an "evil against another person" but they are not doing evil. It is "evil" only from the other person's perspective. That really was my whole point. Nothing more. Nothing less. It is why the bible says God did "evil". In fact, Isaiah 45:7 is an excellent example. The word is interpreted as "evil" in the KJV, but "calamity" in the NASB.

http://biblehub.com/lexicon/isaiah/45-7.htm

i don't say that the situation may not go wrong and we will never turn out to be kind of compelled to kill some villain who threatens someone we love or care about - i think killing the enemy was most popular,

but do you see Jesus killing any person with a knife, stone, gun or anything else when you read the Gospels?! - in fact, we (can) see Him overcoming evil with good all the time as well as teaching others to overcome evil with good (as in Matthew 5:38-48)

Matthew 26:51-54 (NASB) "And behold, one of those who were with Jesus reached and drew out his sword, and struck the slave of the high priest and cut off his ear. Then Jesus said to him, “Put your sword back into its place; for all those who take up the sword shall perish by the sword. “Or do you think that I cannot appeal to My Father, and He will at once put at My disposal more than twelve legions of angels? “How then will the Scriptures be fulfilled, which say that it must happen this way?”"

so, first of all, we are obliged to seek the good way to resolve problems, because we have to fulfill what is written in Scripture and it says e.g. "Thou shalt not kill."

as for Isaiah 45:7, God hints, albeit through irony, that it is not possible that the same God be both good and evil (just as St Paul speaks in 1 Corinthians 4:21) - maybe you have noticed that the fact that there is a true God apart from a wicked one is not so emphasized in the books of the old testament as in the books of the New Testament, because the wicked one had had great power in heaven during the time before the official establishment/enactment of the New Covenant, with which he was able to at least impose many imperfections on the way the "law" was presented and written - and maybe you have noticed that the fact that there is an absolute difference between the true God and the wicked one is very emphatically stated in the books of the New Testament (as in John 8:38-45 and 1 John 5:18-21) - IOW, what God says in Isaiah 45:7 is given at least as a questionable/interrogative food for thought/reflection

Blessings

6 hours ago, ytLiJC said:

i don't say that the situation may not go wrong and we will never turn out to be kind of compelled to kill some villain who threatens someone we love or care about - i think killing the enemy was most popular,

but do you see Jesus killing any person with a knife, stone, gun or anything else when you read the Gospels?! - in fact, we (can) see Him overcoming evil with good all the time as well as teaching others to overcome evil with good (as in Matthew 5:38-48)

Matthew 26:51-54 (NASB) "And behold, one of those who were with Jesus reached and drew out his sword, and struck the slave of the high priest and cut off his ear. Then Jesus said to him, “Put your sword back into its place; for all those who take up the sword shall perish by the sword. “Or do you think that I cannot appeal to My Father, and He will at once put at My disposal more than twelve legions of angels? “How then will the Scriptures be fulfilled, which say that it must happen this way?”"

so, first of all, we are obliged to seek the good way to resolve problems, because we have to fulfill what is written in Scripture and it says e.g. "Thou shalt not kill."

as for Isaiah 45:7, God hints, albeit through irony, that it is not possible that the same God be both good and evil (just as St Paul speaks in 1 Corinthians 4:21) - maybe you have noticed that the fact that there is a true God apart from a wicked one is not so emphasized in the books of the old testament as in the books of the New Testament, because the wicked one had had great power in heaven during the time before the official establishment/enactment of the New Covenant, with which he was able to at least impose many imperfections on the way the "law" was presented and written - and maybe you have noticed that the fact that there is an absolute difference between the true God and the wicked one is very emphatically stated in the books of the New Testament (as in John 8:38-45 and 1 John 5:18-21) - IOW, what God says in Isaiah 45:7 is given at least as a questionable/interrogative food for thought/reflection

Blessings

Sounds like you are a conscientious objector, regarding killing in the military.

On 3/26/2018 at 12:53 AM, Still Alive said:

Sounds like you are a conscientious objector, regarding killing in the military.

killings, killings, killings - there have been killings everywhere, the world has been full of killings, but the number of the true brothers in faith (the ones who work for true salvation) has been so small - it has been most popular and easiest to indulge in the works of non-salvation and destruction for the neighbor

i don't say that the official authorities (such as police and army) must never use lethal means to stop an evildoer, but when it comes to pleasing God, the spiritual servants and religious worshipers should work for overall/all-embracing salvation overcoming evil with good (Matthew 5, Romans 12)

Blessings

20 minutes ago, ytLiJC said:

killings, killings, killings - there have been killings everywhere, the world has been full of killings, but the number of the true brothers in faith (the ones who work for true salvation) has been so small - it has been most popular and easiest to indulge in the works of non-salvation and destruction for the neighbor

i don't say that the official authorities (such as police and army) must never use lethal means to stop an evildoer, but when it comes to pleasing God, the spiritual servants and religious worshipers should work for overall/all-embracing salvation overcoming evil with good (Matthew 5, Romans 12)

Blessings

Yes, it reminds me of a question posed to my wife once. They asked, "If a man was attacking you, could you shoot him?" After much thought she admitted she didn't know if she could. Then they asked, "What if he's attacking your children?" Her response was, In a New York second."

God told Israel to kill entire civilizations. Jesus told the Apostles to buy a sword. Self defense is a reasonable answer to attack. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  475
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,556
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Days Won:  9

On Saturday, March 17, 2018 at 11:56 PM, MorningGlory said:

I don't agree.  I think we should be proud of who God made us; we are His handiwork after all and to Him goes the glory.

If God made us the way we are why should we be proud of it ? We should be proud of Jesus.