• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  357
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0

21 hours ago, Still Alive said:

Yes, it reminds me of a question posed to my wife once. They asked, "If a man was attacking you, could you shoot him?" After much thought she admitted she didn't know if she could. Then they asked, "What if he's attacking your children?" Her response was, In a New York second."

God told Israel to kill entire civilizations. Jesus told the Apostles to buy a sword. Self defense is a reasonable answer to attack. 

are you promoting worship of women/wives instead of God?! - i think we have to listen to Christ and have the mind of Christ, not (the mind of) the world

Genesis 3:17-19 (NASB) "Because you have listened to the voice of your wife, and have eaten from the tree about which I commanded you, saying, 'You shall not eat from it'; Cursed is the ground because of you; In toil you will eat of it All the days of your life. Both thorns and thistles it shall grow for you; And you will eat the plants of the field; By the sweat of your face You will eat bread, Till you return to the ground, Because from it you were taken; For you are dust, And to dust you shall return.",

1 Corinthians 2:16 (NASB) "WHO HAS KNOWN THE MIND OF THE LORD, THAT HE WILL INSTRUCT HIM? But we have the mind of Christ."

in Luke 22 Jesus tells His disciples that they have not needed to take care of anything for the time while being with Him (Matthew 9:15), and that they have to take and carry their "crosses" alone when He is taken away from them - there are words used in a spiritual sense

remember that Jesus rebuked His disciples when they were hasty using their knives to harm those who came to arrest Him

the true God has never advised His people to cause evil (remember His ten commandments) - as it was mentioned above, there are scriptural words whose meanings are not the ones we know from the hitherto prevailing world dictionaries and encyclopedias - for example the scriptural expression "smite/destroy (such and such people) with the edge of the sword"(KJV) could mean denounce their spiritual lawlessness(e.g. idolatry) and make them repent of it completely and permanently, which doesn't necessarily imply the use of lethal means against them - remember how Jesus made many heretics (among the jews - scribes, pharisees and sadducees) regret having committed unrighteousness and repent of their iniquities (as in John 8:3-11) - He didn't cause evil to any of them at all

of course i don't say that you should never defend your family, relatives, friends and yourself, but when it comes to pleasing God as his spiritual servants, we have to "pray" and "fast" rather than to kill (Mark 9:29) - it is like working for some company as its employee; you have to do your job, which doesn't mean you cannot use your gun to shoot a villain in his hand with which he holds a gun (and then maybe also in one of the legs if he doesn't obey your commands and is hasty taking the gun with his other hand) - but i don't advise you to hurt anybody, because, after all, we write in this forum to give testimony about God, Lord, faith and spiritual things in general

p.s. have you ever seen the movie "Car 54, Where Are You?"(1994)?

Blessings

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

10 minutes ago, ytLiJC said:

are you promoting worship of women/wives instead of God?!

No. I was talking about my wife's attitude toward taking another man's life if he was attacking her vs her attitude if the man was attacking her children, and suggesting her answer was moral and within God's commands.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  357
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

7 hours ago, Still Alive said:

No. I was talking about my wife's attitude toward taking another man's life if he was attacking her vs her attitude if the man was attacking her children, and suggesting her answer was moral and within God's commands.

i don't condemn your wife or you - rather people who are rash to hurt their neighbor/cohabitant or to cause them to be hurt thus condemn themselves to be hurt, because the One Who is really the true God never hurts or causes any soul to be hurt, though He cannot afford to make the destiny/fate of any soul be different from the destiny/fate of any other soul in the longest term of eternity (Ecclesiastes 9:2-3) - those who commit spiritual lawlessness thus bring stumbling blocks, defilements, stymies, anguish, temptations, corruptions, etc. and therefore are guilty of all evil things befalling humans

to be honest, i also cannot guarantee or promise what i will do if someone i care about is threatened by a villain, but this doesn't mean we should not work for overall/all-embracing salvation in God and Jesus (1 Timothy 2)

Blessings

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,868
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Birthday:  04/01/1968

On March 15, 2018 at 8:00 AM, worthlessness1979 said:
I am a proud African American man. I am proud of the African American history. I am proud of what African Americans accomplished during the Civil Rights Movement. And I am proud of what the students did at Central High School in Little Rock.

But I am not somebody who holds resentment towards anybody. I am not somebody who is expecting an apology from anyone, even though someone told me a long time ago we shouldn't have to continue to apologize for what happened in the Civil Rights Movement. I wasn't there, so I wasn't expecting an apology. But that doesn't mean that I'm not proud of its history. And if you weren't there and had nothing to do with it, you shouldn't have had to apologize at all.

I have to do a research project at school. I have to create a superhero, for example, like Wonder Woman, but it doesn't have to be Wonder Woman I'm just using that as an example. And she or he has to have multiple different super powers, and she or he either changes or stops an event in history from 1873 to 2018. And it just has to be one event, like the civil rights movement or World War II. Or it could be 9/11 or anything that happened in history.

I am doing my research project on the Civil Rights Movement. My fear is because I am African-American and race has actually become very controversial. And I am the only African-American in my history class, which I don't think matters but sometimes I am afraid that it does. I do not believe anyone is racist in my class, but I am just afraid of my project that it is going to cause some friction. I don't know.

I guess my question is, do you think it is racist that an African American loves his own history? Do you think it's racist that an African-American loves his own history above all the other historical events?

Of coarse not its not racist to love to learn about your own history.

though do you know how many people of all races are still in bondage, slavery, over 40 million people today live in slavery in the world.

Never be afraid of what others may think of you or say about you, it's not about you and them it's about you and God.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  281
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

On 3/15/2018 at 8:00 PM, worthlessness1979 said:

I guess my question is, do you think it is racist that an African American loves his own history? Do you think it's racist that an African-American loves his own history above all the other historical events?

Hello brother 

Your reasoning doesn't sound racist at all & you should be proud of your ancestry,  which you came from African heritage, & thats why you say your African American.

In your case here I think you have used the right terminology African American correctly. But I seen the term used a lot on TV, I myself am from Australia.

When I hear someone use that term, what I hear in general is segregation, I have never heard someone say I'm English American, Pakistani or whatever nation they originated from, maybe they do, & if they do I still think it separates them not unify.

What the great men of the world like Martin Luther & Gandi did was just spirit filled  from God.

I'd say you your essay & be proud of your heritage.

God bless brother 

Edited by Riccardo