What is your fundamental objection to Christianity? For example, Jesus was just a good man, the trinity are all seperate gods, the miracles in the Bible are false etc

Your in the wrong place to ask such a question. Perhaps an atheist forum would work better.

Well hi there. But if you like psychology, then I suggest you have checked in your mind when you entered.

Shrinkism is quite silly and never works except to make $$ and ££ for the purveyors.

If you base counsel on Freud and Jung, then the recipients are to be pitied.

• Thumbs Up 1

Seems to me, being this is the outer court, the question is asked in the right place.  May not be many takers, but still, the right place.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 3/15/2018 at 9:17 PM, Whisperpoetry said:

What is your fundamental objection to Christianity? For example, Jesus was just a good man, the trinity are all seperate gods, the miracles in the Bible are false etc

I have no objections to Christianity. Do you? Why? Are you an atheist? May be it is your Age? Some young people have little experience. If it is so all will come to you in good time.

• Loved it! 1

I think it is natural to have MANY objections to Christianity--since no one I know ever said, "YES! The second I heard about Jesus, I trusted Him for salvation!"

The analogy is light and darkness, when people have darkened hearts, the light is uncomfortable. Explore your feelings on this matter, and do what I did, by saying, "God, if you exist, show me Jesus in a way I cannot deny, and I'll trust in Him."

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/15/2018 at 2:17 PM, Whisperpoetry said:

Hi,

My main objections to Christianity by Neighbor:

God called out to me, and  defeated my objections to His existence. I did not want that- I objected.

God gave me little choice this side of my sanity but to accept that He Is- I objected.

God turned my whole life upside down in a moment-  I objected.

God just is not fair! But now, I do not object. For if God had been fair I would be in deep trouble for all eternity. Instead I am so very blessed, even in the hardest of monents I am blessed by God. God the Holy Spirit confronted me, God the son Jesus welcomed me, and God the Father sees me as washed pure as white snow.

God turned me about from my atheistic conclusions about Him, about creation,  about life itself. And He blessed me with life eternal to come with Him. Me! Wow, am I glad God is not fair. Come come to Jesus God of our shame.

On 15/03/2018 at 11:47 PM, Whisperpoetry said:

Main ones you have already mentioned. To add on I believe in faith+works not just faith alone would save us !!

Guys. I really believe in God and I really love Him so much.  I' studying PASTORAL COUNSELLING AND PSYCHOLOGY and this was only for research please don't tell me I'm in the wrong place or something like that. It kinda hurts me because I'm a softy. I believe the  world is in the wrong place for expecting us to do research about that. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/20/2018 at 11:22 AM, Whisperpoetry said:

Guys. I really believe in God and I really love Him so much.  I' studying PASTORAL COUNSELLING AND PSYCHOLOGY and this was only for research please don't tell me I'm in the wrong place or something like that. It kinda hurts me because I'm a softy. I believe the  world is in the wrong place for expecting us to do research about that. 

I'm sorry if some were hurtful. Here's what I wrote:

I think it is natural to have MANY objections to Christianity--since no one I know ever said, "YES! The second I heard about Jesus, I trusted Him for salvation!"

The analogy is light and darkness, when people have darkened hearts, the light is uncomfortable. Explore your feelings on this matter, and do what I did, by saying, "God, if you exist, show me Jesus in a way I cannot deny, and I'll trust in Him."