• Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  860
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  0

On 3/30/2019 at 5:40 PM, patrick jane said:

The Gospel According to Paul

http://graceambassadors.com/midacts/the-gospel-according-to-paul

By Justin Johnson

The Old Testament books of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John are commonly referred to as the Four Gospels. Many Bibles even have in the titles of these books “The Gospel According to…” Matthew, Mark, Luke, or John.

All four of them contain the same gospel: the gospel of the kingdom. The gospel of the kingdom declared the fulfillment of the prophetic kingdom to the nation Israel.

What they do not contain is the gospel of the cross for salvation. Christ’s death, burial, and resurrection do not even occur until the final chapters of the books.

Jesus in his earthly ministry confirmed the kingdom promises to the circumcision (Israel):

“Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:” – Romans 15:8

Each of the four books start with the earthly ministry of Jesus to the circumcision and ends with his death and resurrection. This outlines the ministry and message of Peter, John, and the Twelve according to prophecies of Christ.

Their ministries begin with the prophecies and end with their fulfillment in Christ.

However, there is a fifth gospel. Paul’s gospel was not copied from Matthew, Mark, Luke, or John. It was personally revealed by the Lord (Gal 1:11-12).

As such, Paul’s gospel as told in 1 Corinthians 15 is different than the four traditional Gospels. It includes the revelation of the mystery of Christ.

A New Beginning

Paul does not begin with Jesus’ ministry to the circumcision as do Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. He says elsewhere that he does not know Christ after the flesh:

“…though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.” – 2 Corinthians 5:16

Instead, the first thing in Paul’s gospel is the last thing in the four gospels: the death and resurrection of Christ.

“…I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures: And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures;” – 1 Corinthians 15:3

This seems right as the foundation of Paul’s gospel of the grace of God was not the kingdom promises to a circumcised people, but the cross itself (1 Cor 1:18, 2:2, 3:10). The very first point of Paul’s gospel is neither the genealogy of Jesus nor Jesus’ relationship to prophecy, but his death for our sins.

A New Ending

Also different is how Paul’s gospel ends in 1 Corinthians 15:1-10.

The four so-called Gospels do not progress beyond the appearance of the resurrection Jesus to the Twelve apostles. However, Paul is nowhere to be found in the four Gospels. He is not only absent but an unbeliever and an enemy of the gospel of the kingdom:

“And Saul was consenting unto his death. And at that time there was a great persecution against the church which was at Jerusalem;…” – Acts 8:1

Paul’s gospel goes beyond the resurrection of Christ to his kingdom remnant. Paul explains the revelation of the mystery of Christ to himself “last of all”.

“And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time.” – 1 Corinthians 15:8

Born out of the due time of prophecy, Paul was given salvation by the Lord himself and was chosen as the dispenser of the gospel of the grace of God:

“If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:” – Eph 3:2

“… a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me.” – 1 Corinthians 9:17

The Mystery Gospel

It is popular to pursue the gospel narratives found in Matthew-John as the key to understanding the Bible.

While there are doctrinal gems and spiritual truths in these books, we must remember Paul’s gospel in order to understand all things (even those things beyond the resurrection of Jesus).

“Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things. “ – 2 Tim 2:7

The gospel Christ gave to Paul is missing from Matthew-John, and so is called a mystery gospel (Rom 16:25, Eph 6:19).

Instead of trying to pattern ourselves after the Lord’s earthly ministry passed on to his twelve apostles to Israel, we should start with Christ crucified and pattern our ministry after the heavenly message of the apostle of the Gentiles (Rom 11:13).

When our focus is on the gospel God gave to Paul then we will be in position to grow in the grace of God as did Paul, according to his gospel:

“But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.” – 1 Corinthians 15:10

"Jesus in his earthly ministry confirmed the kingdom promises to the circumcision (Israel):

“Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:” – Romans 15:8"

Lets look at it again, to confirm the promises made to Abraham, the fathers, to they which are of faith, who are the children of Abraham, and God said not to Abraham's seeds, but to His seed, which is Christ the promise is made. In Isaac thy see is called, but the children of the promise and the children of the spirit are the children of God. This is not confirming a thing to those of the flesh, never to Israel in circumcision of the flesh, but only to those circumcision of the heart..

Romans 15:8 Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:
9 And that the Gentiles might glorify God for his mercy; as it is written, For this cause I will confess to thee among the Gentiles, and sing unto thy name.

Romans 2:28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Galatians 3:7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.

Galatians 3:16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.
Romans 9:6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:
Romans 9:7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.
8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

Philippians 3:3 For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.

"Paul does not begin with Jesus’ ministry to the circumcision as do Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. He says elsewhere that he does not know Christ after the flesh:

“…though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.” – 2 Corinthians 5:16"

We know Christ after the Spirit, and all men too..

2 Thessalonians 5:15 And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.
16 Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.

Christ was put to death in the flesh, so we be the same to be dead to the flesh and alive to God. Quickened with Him. Jesus words are Spirit and life, there is no flesh connected with Jesus, but after Jesus is risen the Spirit is given is the difference..

John 7:39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

"Paul’s gospel goes beyond the resurrection of Christ to his kingdom remnant. Paul explains the revelation of the mystery of Christ to himself “last of all”.

“And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time.” – 1 Corinthians 15:8
“If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:” – Eph 3:2

“… a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me.” – 1 Corinthians 9:17"

Paul cannot preach any other Gospel, we are saved by the words and works Christ did, as they are to the circumcision heart faith spirit people. Apostle Paul shows how God wanted first to Israel but they rejected, then the light to the Gentiles, this is the purpose of Paul being born out of time, it is for US GENTILES Born OUT OF TIME and WHO WERE NOT A PEOPLE, they also are born of God as testified in John 1:13..

Acts 13:46 Then Paul and Barnabas waxed bold, and said, It was necessary that the word of God should first have been spoken to you: but seeing ye put it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, lo, we turn to the Gentiles.
47 For so hath the Lord commanded us, saying, I have set thee to be a light of the Gentiles, that thou shouldest be for salvation unto the ends of the earth.

Romans 11:13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:

1 Peter 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;
10 Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.
11 Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul;

Romans 11:19 Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be grafted in.
20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:
21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.
22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

Psalm 22:31 They shall come, and shall declare his righteousness unto a people that shall be born, that he hath done this.
Psalm 102:18 This shall be written for the generation to come: and the people which shall be created shall praise the Lord.

John 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
Hosea 2:23 And I will sow her unto me in the earth; and I will have mercy upon her that had not obtained mercy; and I will say to them which were not my people, Thou art my people; and they shall say, Thou art my God.

Romans 9:25 As he saith also in Osee, I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved.

Now we see the people who were to be born, the people like Paul who were born out of time, are the Gentiles, it is no different gospel, it is the same one, and the reason it seems like difference in Paul, is because the difference is when Paul could preach to the Gentiles, when Israel had rejected, this is the dispensation, nothing else is..

Colossians 1:25 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;
26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:
27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:
28 Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

Mark 1:1 The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God;

Romans 15:19 Through mighty signs and wonders, by the power of the Spirit of God; so that from Jerusalem, and round about unto Illyricum, I have fully preached the gospel of Christ.

Still Christs gospel

2 Corinthians 2:12 Furthermore, when I came to Troas to preach Christ's gospel, and a door was opened unto me of the Lord,

Galatians 1:6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.

"The gospel Christ gave to Paul is missing from Matthew-John, and so is called a mystery gospel (Rom 16:25, Eph 6:19)."

It was always a mystery, it was always kept secret, this is not a new mystery, but it is still secret..

Mark 4:1 And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables:

Romans 16:25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

Matthew 13:34 All these things spake Jesus unto the multitude in parables; and without a parable spake he not unto them:25 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, I will open my mouth in parables; I will utter things which have been kept secret from the foundation of the world.

1 Corinthians 2:7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

Ephesians 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: 

Colossians 1:26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:2 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

Colossians 2:2 That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ;

1 Timothy 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory. 

Revelation 10:7 But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  596
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  03/01/1969

On 6/7/2019 at 11:02 AM, gordon7777 said:
"Jesus in his earthly ministry confirmed the kingdom promises to the circumcision (Israel):

“Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:” – Romans 15:8"

Lets look at it again, to confirm the promises made to Abraham, the fathers, to they which are of faith, who are the children of Abraham, and God said not to Abraham's seeds, but to His seed, which is Christ the promise is made. In Isaac thy see is called, but the children of the promise and the children of the spirit are the children of God. This is not confirming a thing to those of the flesh, never to Israel in circumcision of the flesh, but only to those circumcision of the heart..

Romans 15:8 Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:
9 And that the Gentiles might glorify God for his mercy; as it is written, For this cause I will confess to thee among the Gentiles, and sing unto thy name.

Romans 2:28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Galatians 3:7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.

Galatians 3:16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.
Romans 9:6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:
Romans 9:7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.
8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

Philippians 3:3 For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.

"Paul does not begin with Jesus’ ministry to the circumcision as do Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. He says elsewhere that he does not know Christ after the flesh:

“…though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.” – 2 Corinthians 5:16"

We know Christ after the Spirit, and all men too..

2 Thessalonians 5:15 And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.
16 Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.

Christ was put to death in the flesh, so we be the same to be dead to the flesh and alive to God. Quickened with Him. Jesus words are Spirit and life, there is no flesh connected with Jesus, but after Jesus is risen the Spirit is given is the difference..

John 7:39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

"Paul’s gospel goes beyond the resurrection of Christ to his kingdom remnant. Paul explains the revelation of the mystery of Christ to himself “last of all”.

“And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time.” – 1 Corinthians 15:8
“If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:” – Eph 3:2

“… a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me.” – 1 Corinthians 9:17"

Paul cannot preach any other Gospel, we are saved by the words and works Christ did, as they are to the circumcision heart faith spirit people. Apostle Paul shows how God wanted first to Israel but they rejected, then the light to the Gentiles, this is the purpose of Paul being born out of time, it is for US GENTILES Born OUT OF TIME and WHO WERE NOT A PEOPLE, they also are born of God as testified in John 1:13..

Acts 13:46 Then Paul and Barnabas waxed bold, and said, It was necessary that the word of God should first have been spoken to you: but seeing ye put it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, lo, we turn to the Gentiles.
47 For so hath the Lord commanded us, saying, I have set thee to be a light of the Gentiles, that thou shouldest be for salvation unto the ends of the earth.

Romans 11:13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:

1 Peter 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;
10 Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.
11 Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul;

Romans 11:19 Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be grafted in.
20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:
21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.
22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

Psalm 22:31 They shall come, and shall declare his righteousness unto a people that shall be born, that he hath done this.
Psalm 102:18 This shall be written for the generation to come: and the people which shall be created shall praise the Lord.

John 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
Hosea 2:23 And I will sow her unto me in the earth; and I will have mercy upon her that had not obtained mercy; and I will say to them which were not my people, Thou art my people; and they shall say, Thou art my God.

Romans 9:25 As he saith also in Osee, I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved.

Now we see the people who were to be born, the people like Paul who were born out of time, are the Gentiles, it is no different gospel, it is the same one, and the reason it seems like difference in Paul, is because the difference is when Paul could preach to the Gentiles, when Israel had rejected, this is the dispensation, nothing else is..

Colossians 1:25 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;
26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:
27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:
28 Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

Mark 1:1 The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God;

Romans 15:19 Through mighty signs and wonders, by the power of the Spirit of God; so that from Jerusalem, and round about unto Illyricum, I have fully preached the gospel of Christ.

Still Christs gospel

2 Corinthians 2:12 Furthermore, when I came to Troas to preach Christ's gospel, and a door was opened unto me of the Lord,

Galatians 1:6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.

"The gospel Christ gave to Paul is missing from Matthew-John, and so is called a mystery gospel (Rom 16:25, Eph 6:19)."

It was always a mystery, it was always kept secret, this is not a new mystery, but it is still secret..

Mark 4:1 And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables:

Romans 16:25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

Matthew 13:34 All these things spake Jesus unto the multitude in parables; and without a parable spake he not unto them:25 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, I will open my mouth in parables; I will utter things which have been kept secret from the foundation of the world.

1 Corinthians 2:7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

Ephesians 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: 

Colossians 1:26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:2 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

Colossians 2:2 That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ;

1 Timothy 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory. 

Revelation 10:7 But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

I'm so sorry you're having trouble understanding. Keep trying !!!

• Oy Vey! 1

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  17

16 hours ago, patrick jane said:

The Gospel of Matthew Mark,Luke and John, was just to Israel. Yes. What happens next ? Jesus showed how ALL POWER is given Him in Heaven and earth, (nothing missing..will be nothing separate or new or would not be all power given right here) Then the Apostles were commanded to tell all they had seen with Jesus to all nations, TEACHING THEM TO OBSERVE ALL THINGS WHATSOEVER I HAVE COMMANDED YOU(You is Matthew Mark Luke and John etc.)

Matthew 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Now Jesus Himself told a woman of Canaan, He is NOT SENT, but unto the lost sheep of the house of ISRAEL. She bowed down like a dog under a masters table worshipping Him. THEN, Jesus replies to this act of worship of a GENTILE FAVOURABLY, and ACCEPTS her( AND ALL GENTILES), by answering,it is not right to take the children's bread, and give it to you, as a dog. She answers, true Lord. YET, the dogs do eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters table. This is told AGAIN, confirmed by Paul, as Paul only confirms everything already told by Christ, we see then the branches were broken off, the natural branches from their own olive tree, and Gentiles are as Jesus described as dogs, are a wild olive tree to be grafted in among them, not to be separate then as dispensationalists hope for, but to be the same as they can be grafted back in again to this same olive tree. Gentiles eat what fell from the table of the Lord Jesus Christ, giving to the lost sheep of the house of Israel, or they eat nothing and will be cut off as forewarned by the Lord...

Matthew 15:22 And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil.
23 But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us.
24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
25 Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me.
26 But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it to dogs.
27 And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table.
28 Then Jesus answered and said unto her, O woman, great is thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt. And her daughter was made whole from that very hour.

Romans 11:16 For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.
17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert grafted in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;
18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.
19 Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be grafted in.
24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert grafted contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree?

This is where it seems like a division comes in, Peter goes to the circumcision, and Paul goes to the uncircumcision and the Gentiles. Does Peter only go to the uncircumcision? NO, we SEE, that as Peter began to speak of the Lord Jesus from the Gospel knowledge of Matthew Mark Luke and John, the Holy ghost fell on the Gentiles, which Apostle Paul also confirms of course through the Lord God, how WHOSOEVER believeth on Him shall not be ashamed, FOR THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE JEW AND THE GREEK, for the same Lord over ALL is rich unto ALL WHO CALL UPON HIS NAME. Peter also baptised these Gentiles with water, and we know Paul was nothing to do with this, was not reborn yet and Paul did not deny these events, only completely confirmed them through Christ. They were saved by the Gospels of Matthew Mark Luke and John, they were instructed from these by Peter and they continued to ;learn from them, as the Eunuch Gentile did from Philip..

Acts 11:15 And as I began to speak, the Holy Ghost fell on them, as on us at the beginning.

16 Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost.
17 Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God?
18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

Galatians 2:8 (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles:)

Romans 10:1 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Acts 8:27 And he arose and went: and, behold, a man of Ethiopia, an eunuch of great authority under Candace queen of the Ethiopians, who had the charge of all her treasure, and had come to Jerusalem for to worship,
28 Was returning, and sitting in his chariot read Esaias the prophet.
29 Then the Spirit said unto Philip, Go near, and join thyself to this chariot.
30 And Philip ran thither to him, and heard him read the prophet Esaias, and said, Understandest thou what thou readest?
31 And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him.
32 The place of the scripture which he read was this, He was led as a sheep to the slaughter; and like a lamb dumb before his shearer, so opened he not his mouth:
33 In his humiliation his judgment was taken away: and who shall declare his generation? for his life is taken from the earth.
34 And the eunuch answered Philip, and said, I pray thee, of whom speaketh the prophet this? of himself, or of some other man?
35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.

Abraham is also the father of all through faith, all that have the same faith are children to him, with Christ, and this is only by the hearing of faith, hearing from Matthew Mark Luke and John brought faith to Gentiles as we witness, this hearing of faith brings them the Holy Ghost, all Jesus testified from Heaven is FAITH...

Romans 4:11 And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they be not circumcised; that righteousness might be imputed unto them also:

Jesus was born to Israel, circumcised, it looks like He is not for Gentiles, Paul, again, circumcised and born to Israel, what has these got to do with the rest of the world, with the Gentiles ? Because Paul confirms, the Lord HAS NOT cast away His people, as Paul also is still naming Himself an Hebrews of the Hebrews. Really Jesus will speak differently, or still confirm this same too ? Jesus we see then, redeems us through His blood, this is the mystery of His will, that is the dispensation of the FULNESS OF TIMES, HE MIGHT GATHER TOGETHER IN ONE ALL THINGS IN CHRIST, having ABOLISHED THE ENMITY THROUGH THE FLESH, the law of commandments, then Christ fulfils this mystery, making of JEW and GENTILE ONE NEW MAN, so making peace, and yews that is the mystery. Dispensationalists are only helping me to make the testimony well known, thanks for their part..

Luke 2:21 And when eight days were accomplished for the circumcising of the child, his name was called Jesus, which was so named of the angel before he was conceived in the womb.

Romans 11:1 I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.

Philippians 3:5 Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;

Ephesians 1:7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;
8 Wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence;
9 Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:
10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:

Colossians 1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

Ephesians 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

Now, stop the divisions, Paul was not crucified for us, Christ only was, Christ is not divided, and when you have these divisions, it means you have envy, strife, and that you are carnal and walk as men, not in godliness at all..

1 Corinthians 1:10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

1 Corinthians 1:12 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.
13 Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

1 Corinthians 3:3 For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  17

This is the mystery, Christ in us the hope of glory, no difference for the Jew and Gentile in this, all one body together, and this gathers us together in one. Can dispensationalists both deny this and present another mystery other than the one that is TOLD? The answer is keep trying..

Ephesians 2:12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:

1 Corinthians 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Colossians 1: 26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

Romans 10:12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
  • Thumbs Up 1

By Justin Johnson

History is dated around the incarnation of Christ. There is history before Christ (B.C), and the present time with Christ (A.D.).

There is another way to look at history: when God worked through Israel.

Most of Bible history concerns that one nation God ordained with a promise to Israel’s forefathers: “I will make of thee a great nation” and “in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed” (Gen 12:3; Gen 22:18).

This Hebrew nation was to be God’s channel of blessing to the nations of the world.

Israel was not to be reckoned among the nations (Num 23:9). Any nation that was not Israel was known as Gentile.

God has not dealt with any nation as he did with Israel (Num 23:9; Psa 147:20). When God works through Israel, there must also be Gentiles: nations that would receive blessing (or curse) through God’s working with Israel.

A Look at History

From Adam to Abraham God did not work through any single nation. There was no promise, no Israel; no Jew, no Gentile.

With the giving of promises to Abraham, their covenants, and law, there was the Israel of God; a separation of Jew and Gentile.

We see in history a period with Christ, and a period without Christ. We can also see a period with Israel (Jew and Gentile) and a period without Israel (neither Jew nor Gentile).

When seen together we can start to see God’s purpose in history.

140809_article2.jpg

In the beginning there was a period without Jew or Gentile and without Christ. This resulted in man’s failure.

In time past there was a second period with Israel (Jew and Gentile) but without Christ. This resulted in Israel’s failure.

Since Christ, there is a period with Israel (Jew and Gentile) and with Christ. This will result in the salvation of Israel and the blessing of the nations.

Fourthly, there is a period without Israel (no Jew nor Gentile) and with Christ. This results in the salvation of a creature not mentioned in Israel’s history called the church, the Body of Christ (Rom 11:32; Gal 3:28; Col 3:11; Eph 2:15).

God Working in History

140809_article.jpg

With Israel God is operating with nations, and intervening on earth according to his covenants with Israel.

Without Israel God is not operating with nations, and does not intervene on earth according to his covenants with Israel.

Without Christ man fails at attaining any sort of righteousness before God (Rom 3:23).

With Christ God succeeds at providing salvation by his grace through faith.

Few Christians are ignorant that we are now living in the time of history with Christ, but few understand that we are living in a period without Israel, spiritual or otherwise (2 Cor 5:17; Gal 3:28; Gal 6:15).

“For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.” – Romans 11:25

– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
For a lesson describing this change in the Bible see our chart lesson here.

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  727
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Birthday:  09/16/1959

On 3/16/2018 at 1:20 PM, patrick jane said:

"In [Paul's] writings alone we find the doctrine, position, walk, and destiny of the church." 
- Dr. Cyrus I. Scofield

grace ambassadors ministries - http://graceambassadors.com/

Mid-Acts dispensational Bible study recognizes the importance of the mystery of Christ revealed to the apostle Paul as doctrine particular to the church in the present dispensation (Rom 16:25, Col 1:25-27, Eph 3:2-4).

While most Bible students would make the most important division in the Bible to be between Israel and the Church or the Old and New Testaments, mid-Acts Bible study teaches the most important distinction in your Bible to be the right division between God’s Mystery purpose, “kept secret since the world began”, and God’s Prophecy purpose, which had been “spoken since the world began” (Acts 3:19-21 vs. Rom 16:25).

Understanding the mystery of Christ revealed to Paul for us clears up the theological confusion that is created by blending Prophecy and Mystery doctrines. Some controversial doctrines resolved by Pauline right division include:

Jesus instructs us to identify Paul as our pattern (1 Tim 1:16; 1 Cor 4:16; 1 Cor 11:1). A failure to operate according to the Lord’s revelations to Paul often leads to frustration with denominational traditions, including:

If you have been confused by some of these doctrines or frustrated by empty Church tradition, consider the Lord’s revelation to Paul and get some answers (2 Tim 2:7).

Basic teachings of Mid Acts Dispensational right division
– Jesus, in his earthly ministry, ministered to the circumcision. (Rom 15:8, see here)
– The mystery of Christ was first revealed to Paul (Col 1:25-26, 1 Tim 1:16, and here)
– Prophecy and mystery are different (Acts 3:19-21 vs Rom 16:25)
– Peter and Paul taught different messages (Peter prophecy, and Paul mystery: See here)
– Prophecy has been interrupted. (See here)
– The gospel of the kingdom is not the gospel of the grace of God (See here and here)
– Israel’s Church and the Church, the body of Christ, are different. (See here)

Further study:
Common Responses to mid-Acts dispensational right division.
Contradictions resolved by mid-Acts dispensational Bible study.
What is the Mystery information?
What is the Prophecy information?
FAQ – Frequently asked questions about mid-Acts.

Dr. C.I. Scofield made this statement in the notes on Ephesians 3:6 in his popular study Bible. Scofield was neither mid-Acts dispensational, nor without error in his notes, but the mid-Acts Pauline position stands on the truth of this statement.

There is One Doctrine, that is taught in the New Testament by all the Apostles, in clouding Paul.

The Doctrine of Christ. 

Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son. 2 John 9

• Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God.

Paul says it this way -

Take heed to yourself and to the doctrine. Continue in them, for in doing this you will save both yourself and those who hear you.           1 Timothy 4:16

JLB 

Edited by JLB
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

The Gospel Missing in John

By Justin Johnson

The purpose verse for the book of John is John 20:31.

“But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.” – John 20:31

John did not write his book as an historical narrative of every word or deed of Jesus. He confesses that there are many things that Jesus did that he did not write (John 20:31). He left them out because John is not an historical narrative, it is written to prove that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God. This was John’s gospel.

John’s gospel was the gospel of the name of Jesus. This was also the gospel preached in Matthew, Mark, and Luke. The gospel missing in John is the gospel given to the Church today for eternal life.

The Gospel of Jesus’ Name

Before entering the promised kingdom it was important for covenant Israel to correctly identify their Messiah and follow him.

The good news to Israel in Matthew-John was that the Messiah had come and was identified by the greatest of the prophets as Jesus of Nazareth.

Jesus had been sent from God to minister to God’s chosen people: Israel (John 1:11).

Whosoever believed in the authority (name) of Jesus, as sent from God to be King of Israel, and followed him into the kingdom would find life (John 5:24).

Whosoever denied the name (authority) of Jesus as the Messiah would not find life, even if they claimed to be a part of covenant Israel.

The Messiah king of Israel would be given power to grant life and take it away (John 5:21).

What’s His Name?

This gospel of the kingdom and the name of Jesus can be found also in the three narratives of the Lord’s ministry.

At the turning point in Jesus’ earthly ministry, he asks a question evaluating how successful their preaching of the gospel of his name had been.

“Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?” – Matthew 16:13

Their ministry would have been a success if the overwhelming response of Israel was, “Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.”

Instead, only his few disciples believed this.

The Rejected Messiah

Eventually Israel rejected their Messiah, and crucified him instead of welcoming him as King.

A dead king, a dead Messiah, was no Messiah at all.

Yet, the authority of Jesus was not yet finished. As he was indeed the Son of God, and death had no power over him, he resurrected and commissioned the apostles to continue preaching the kingdom and the king, the gospel of his name.

The Messiah of Israel left and ascended to heaven, and would return in the future to judge and make war in establishing his kingdom (Acts 3:21).

But the apostles continued to preach the gospel of the name. Jesus was truly the Messiah of Israel, and his resurrection proved it.

“Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.” – Acts 4:12

The Missing Gospel

Jesus is the Christ, and he is the Son of God. He is the promised Messiah to Israel, and yet he has not yet returned to setup his kingdom as Peter preached at Pentecost.

Instead, the kingdom ministry of the twelve apostles was interrupted by an unknown return of the Lord to give to Paul a dispensation of the gospel (1 Cor 9:17).

The Lord returned to his chief persecutor to further reveal another gospel for salvation sent to all men. The gospel of his name has been superseded by the gospel of the grace of God.

This greater gospel includes the good news of the Lord’s death, burial, and resurrection for salvation, which Paul calls the preaching of the cross (1 Cor 1:18).

How could the cross be good news? The answer is in the revelation of the mystery of Jesus Christ (1 Cor 2:7-8, Rom 16:25).

The mystery of Christ is that he is not only the Messiah to Israel, but is the Saviour to all, Jew and Gentile, without Israel’s kingdom, Israel’s law, and without Israel’s faith (Rom 11:32).

While Israel would be saved by Jesus name as the promised kingdom Messiah, the world can now receive the gift of eternal life by what Jesus did on our behalf on the cross.

Through his death on the cross sins could be forgiven, death could be destroyed, and eternal life freely given to Gentiles who were never given a promise from God (Eph 3:6).

Conclusion

The gospel of his name found in John 20:31 was the theme of the Lord’s earthly ministry to Israel in the book of John. Not one verse in John mentions the mystery gospel of the glory of the cross (Gal 6:14).

There is a difference between the gospel of his name, and the gospel of his finished work on the cross. John’s gospel of his name does not include the good news of his death, burial, and resurrection as found in the mystery of Christ later given to Paul.

For this more glorious gospel we must continue reading in our Bible to Paul’s ministry (starting with his epistle to the Romans), where the Lord returned to reveal the manifold wisdom of God (Eph 3:9-10).

While John 20:31 will always be a true testimony of who Jesus is, it will always be missing the gospel that saves today which concerns what Jesus did for us.

Edited by patrick jane

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  212
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

On 3/16/2018 at 12:06 PM, patrick jane said:

I picked this forum/sub forum but thought about using the Theology Forum. I am a MAD Bible Believer : Mid-Acts Dispensation - This will be a thread for sharing the MAD position based on Paul's unique gospel received through progressive revelation from the Risen Ascended Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. 

Hyper-Dispensationalism is a new teaching that that emerged out of dispensationalism. Les Feldick is a false teacher that has taken the scriptures out its intended context to shred it into pieces. 

Some examples:

1) The gospels are an extension of the OT (False)

2) Peter preached the gospel of the kingdom while Paul, the gospel of grace (False)

3) The book of Hebrews was written for the Jews only (false)

4) 1 Jn 1 was written for unbelievers only because it contradicts chapter 3:6 (false(

5) Dispensation of grace? Where is the doctrine of dispensationalism taught in the scriptures. By the way, I meant DOCTRINES, not nouns found in epistles of Paul in the kjv and the nkjv only. 

So, talk to me and tell me why should I believe such contradicting teachings that the word of God does not teach. 

Thanks, 

Edited by Gentle-Warrior
  • Haha 1

On 6/8/2019 at 3:55 PM, patrick jane said:

I understand perfectly what you are teaching. I have discussed to death this strange teaching at (Disqus) which unfortunately is closing today. 

It is false from the get go. 

On 6/25/2019 at 6:28 AM, JLB said:

There is One Doctrine, that is taught in the New Testament by all the Apostles, in clouding Paul.

The Doctrine of Christ. 

Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son. 2 John 9

• Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God.

Paul says it this way -

Take heed to yourself and to the doctrine. Continue in them, for in doing this you will save both yourself and those who hear you.           1 Timothy 4:16

JLB 

Check this site that exposes the lies of hyper-dispensationalism 

https://cicministry.org/commentary/issue108.htm