• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,200
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

4 hours ago, patrick jane said:

Great chapter that many overlook. I think now actually. 

Hi patrick jane,

Mmmmm....so let`s what God says -

`When He, (the Lord) ascended on high, he led captivity captive and gave gifts to (of) men......He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists and some pastors and teachers, for the equipping of the saints for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the Body of Christ, till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God...` (Eph. 4: 8, 11 - 13)

So we see that WHEN Christ ascended He gave  the 5 fold ministries.

Why? - to equip & edify the Body,

Till? - we come to the unity of the faith, (by the Holy Spirit) of Christ, His character and His purposes.

So...when did Christ ascend?........that is when He gave Himself, the 5 fold aspects of His ministry - Apostle, Prophet, teacher, Pastor, & evangelist. Christ functions in all those ministries and does so through some people through out the ages, to build up and mature the Body of Christ.

Did the early church need these ministries? Yes. Did the Body of Christ down through the centuries need those ministries? Yes. Do we today still need to come to maturity by the Holy Spirit? Yes, so we still need Christ`s 5 fold ministry gifts of `some people` to equip and edify the Body TILL we come to the unity of the faith by the Holy Spirit.

So do we see those ministries recorded functioning in the book of acts? Yes we do. Would you like to show us where?

regards, Marilyn. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,058
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  5

10 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi patrick jane,

`When He, (the Lord) ascended on high, he led captivity captive and gave gifts to (of) men......He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists and some pastors and teachers, for the equipping of the saints for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the Body of Christ, till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God...` (Eph. 4: 8, 11 - 13)

Till? - we come to the unity of the faith, (by the Holy Spirit) of Christ, His character and His purposes.

So...when did Christ ascend?........that is when He gave Himself, the 5 fold aspects of His ministry - Apostle, Prophet, teacher, Pastor, & evangelist. Christ functions in all those ministries and does so through some people through out the ages, to build up and mature the Body of Christ.

Did the early church need these ministries? Yes. Did the Body of Christ down through the centuries need those ministries? Yes. Do we today still need to come to maturity by the Holy Spirit? Yes, so we still need Christ`s 5 fold ministry gifts of `some people` to equip and edify the Body TILL we come to the unity of the faith by the Holy Spirit.

So do we see those ministries recorded functioning in the book of acts? Yes we do. Would you like to show us where?

regards, Marilyn. 

And He gave some, apostles; 
.. and some, prophets; 
.... and some, evangelists; 
...... and some, pastors and teachers;
For the perfecting of the saints, 
.. for the work of the ministry, 
.... for the edifying of the body of Christ:
Till we all come in the unity of the faith, 
.. and of the knowledge of the Son of God, 
.... unto a perfect man, 
...... unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:’

(Eph 4:11-12)  

Praise God!

Hello Marilyn,

The gifts of the ascended Christ to His Church are, apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors and teachers. Who were the apostles?  They cannot be the twelve, because the twelve were appointed by the Lord whilst He was on earth.  Their names are given in Matthew 10, and the one who fell, Judas, was replaced by Matthias who was 'numbered with the eleven', who received the same enduement of the Holy Spirit as they did (Acts 2:3).

Paul was obviously an apostle, who are the others? Barnabas was an apostle to the gentiles (Acts 4:4) in a way that the twelve were not. Apollos, (1 Cor. 4:6-9) Andronicus and Junia maybe(Rom.16:7).  Silas and Timothy. These were given for the perfecting of the saints, unto a work of ministry, unto a building up of the Body of Christ.‘ 

But unto every one of us is given grace 
according to the measure of the gift of Christ.
Wherefore he saith, 
"When he ascended up on high, 
he led captivity captive, 
and gave gifts unto men.
"’

(Eph 4:7-8) 

* This is a quotation from Psalm 68:18:-

‘Thou hast ascended on high, 
.. Thou hast led captivity captive: 
.... Thou hast received gifts for men; 
...... yea, for the rebellious also, 
........ that the LORD God might dwell among them.’

(Psa 68:18)  

* This is a type of Christ’s ascension, and a foreshadowing of true grace.

Praise God!

* This wondrous gift of men fulfilling these functions in and through Christ Jesus are seen operating during the period covered by the book of Acts, yes; in the epistles written during that period by the Apostle Paul, who mentions the ministry of the other apostles who worked alongside him in the ministry. 

In Christ Jesus

Chris

Edited by Christine

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  596
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  03/01/1969

Should We Bless Israel

http://graceambassadors.com/mystery/should-we-bless-israel

By Justin Johnson

In Genesis 12:3 God gave the fathers of Israel a special promise that they would be the channel of God’s blessing and curse to the world:

“And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.” – Genesis 12:3

If anyone was to be blessed they must needs bless Israel, and if anyone did not they would then be cursed. Israel was the channel of God’s judgment and reward toward the earth.

People, kings, and nations were blessed or cursed depending on how they responded to the channel of God’s blessing: Israel. Consider Abimelech, Rahab, the Edomites (Obadiah), or the faithful centurion who needed a healing in Jesus’ earthly ministry.

Jesus was not sent to Gentiles (Matt 15:24), but listen how this Gentile centurion is described as blessing Israel:

“And when they came to Jesus, they besought him instantly, saying, That he was worthy for whom he should do this: For he loveth our nation, and he hath built us a synagogue.” – Luke 7:4-5

I still get letters in the mail from Jewish fundraisers based on this verse.

When most of the Bible describes Israel as the channel of God’s blessing it is easy to assume that God is doing the same thing as he always has done. Sincere Christians continue to bless Israel according to Genesis 12:3 and seek their favor in order to receive God’s blessing.

This would be a big mistake and a failure to rightly divide the word of truth.

Our Blessing Today Through Christ not Israel

The problem with trying to obey Genesis 12:3 is that it ignores the way you access the riches of God’s grace according to the mystery of Christ.

According to the mystery, Israel is fallen and has no spiritual standing with God in this dispensation (Rom 11:11). They are counted in unbelief, all in sin, like the Gentiles (Rom3:9; Rom 11:32).

In the church, the body of Christ, there is neither Jew nor Greek. Being Israel does not give anyone a closer access to God or his blessings in this dispensation (Gal 3:28).

Paul describes in Ephesians 2 that though Israel was the channel and access to God’s blessing in time past, but now our access to God and his blessings come through the body and blood of Christ.

“But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ. “ – Ephesians 2:13

“For through him [Jesus Christ] we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.” – Ephesians 2:18

If there were not a single Israelite in the body of Christ, every member would still have all spiritual blessings in Christ (Eph 1:3). God has changed the channel of his blessing from the nation of Israel to the body of Christ (Eph 3:1-6).

God be praised there are Jews who have been saved by the gospel of grace, but blessing Israel as a nation today ignores God’s will and blesses unsaved men because of their flesh (Gal 5:13; Gal 6:15).

The Promised Curse

God’s channel of blessing has changed, but also how punishments are dealt.

The promise of Genesis 12:3 includes not only a blessing but a curse. In Genesis 12:3 if anyone fails to bless Israel they they are cursed by God.

Popular pastors who fail to see the mystery try to place our country under a curse if we do not politically endorse the Zionist movement. Fortunately, not all dispensationalists have so mishandled the word of God.

In contrast to Genesis 12:3, Paul says that Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law:

“Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us” – Galatians 3:13

“That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ” – Galatians 3:14

The body of Christ cannot be placed under a curse any more by God’s grace.

Putting a curse on those who do not bless Israel is tantamount to calling Christ accursed and putting the body of Christ back under the curse for which Christ died.

God forbid. Our glory is not the nation of Israel, but in the cross of the Lord Jesus Christ through which we receive every spiritual blessing and redemption from every curse (Gal 6:14).

How to Bless Israel

The mystery of Christ describes how God’s blessings can come upon anyone despite Israel’s fall, and how curses can be removed from sinners who don’t deserve such deliverance. The mystery is revealed in the grace of Christ.

Today all men are offered salvation freely, not through covenants, a special nation, or the law, but through the finished work of Christ (1 Tim 2:4).

Though Israel is fallen, they can still be saved. In the future, Israel will return as the nation above the nations in Christ’s earthly kingdom, but not today (Rom 11:26-28).

To bless Israel (or any nation) today, bless them with the gospel of Jesus Christ. Beseech them to put their faith in Christ as the means for all spiritual blessings under grace.

Unfortunately, for many who refuse to see the fellowship of the mystery, this is seen as the ultimate offense. The offense existed in Paul’s day, and it continues today.

“And I, brethren, if I yet preach circumcision, why do I yet suffer persecution? then is the offence of the cross ceased.” – Galatians 5:11

“But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness; But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.”- 1 Corinthians 1:23-24

Truth and Unity

http://graceambassadors.com/tradition/truth-and-unity

By Justin Johnson
Everyone I have ever met is just like me. We are all a part of God’s family. All made in God’s image.

Well, that is not quite accurate.

Starting at Genesis 5:3, Adam fathered children after his own sinful image and not righteous God’s image. To this day many knowingly reject God’s image. In return God gave them up. (Rom 1:28)

But at least everyone I have ever met is God-fearing and good-intentioned.

Well, not really.

I have met some people who have had some blood-curdling intentions and who lie through their teeth. After all, they declare themselves the highest authority. Who will they answer to? (Rom 3:18)

At least most people I know are sincere Christians who are seeking God’s will.

Then again, no.

Going to church makes you a Christian like going to a hospital makes you a doctor. Some people are sick. They use Christianity for their own gain, personal status, and brownie points with their wife. Paul warns Timothy of them in Titus 1:11.

Thankfully, there is a large minority of people who open their Bibles and clearly understand the gospel. It is not baptism, good works, or church membership, only faith in Christ’s blood on the cross.

But now that I think about it, there are entire universities devoted to teaching denominational leaders about the saving necessity of water baptism, good works, tithing, and church membership.

I remember one young girl who was bawling because she could not be saved because her parents told her she was not old enough to be water baptized. What confusion?!

Praise God that a remnant of folks can lay aside their non-essentials and come under the banner of right division and Pauline truth.

Actually, the so-called “non-essentials” such as our final authority, when the church began, our destiny, and predestination weaken the doctrine of the cross and the basis of right division.

Paul says to “teach no other doctrine” and to “hold fast” to sound doctrine in priority over “pleasing men”.

“…not as pleasing men, but God, which trieth our hearts.” – 1 Thess 2:4

These instructions tend to oppose unity without doctrinal agreement. Emphasis on sound doctrine and the truth will cause proper separation from wrong teaching. There is no need to unite if we cannot agree on the doctrine.

Unity exists after attaining sound doctrine. Unity does not exist where doctrine differs. Under sound doctrine we unite as Ephesians 4:14 says, “not as children”.

There are two ways to achieve doctrinal unity: 1) compromise; or 2) evangelize.

[IMG][IMG]One is worldly and the other is godly. It is popular to choose the former, I choose the latter. Then again, I have not met very many people like me.

Top of the Page
Article Index
Published: June 13, 2009
Last Modified: June 11, 2016
Related posts:

1. -Ecumenicism and Unity 
    -Doctrinal Disunity 
    -Does Right Division Cause Church Division? 
    -Is Right Division Really That Important? 
    -Three Kinds of Bible Application 
    -About the Doctrine 
    -Truth in Advertising

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

48 minutes ago, patrick jane said:

Hi Patrick jane,

I thought you wanted discussion here, bro?  This was my last post. Care to reply?

Hi patrick jane,

regards, Marilyn. 

• Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  1,058
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Patrick jane,

I thought you wanted discussion here, bro?  This was my last post. Care to reply?

Hi patrick jane,

regards, Marilyn. 

Hello @Marilyn C,

I don't think that discussion is the object of this thread.  There have been points raised which I have wanted to discuss too, but reading the OP gave me the impression that it was not desired.  Those points could become the opportunity for further threads, though, if we should desire, in order to discuss them individually.

The one who created this thread must have his reasons for simply entering the teaching he hold dear, without discussion, and it is only fair that we respect that, isn't it.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Edited by Christine
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

21 hours ago, Christine said:

Hello @Marilyn C,

I don't think that discussion is the object of this thread.  There have been points raised which I have wanted to discuss too, but reading the OP gave me the impression that it was not desired.  Those points could become the opportunity for further threads, though, if we should desire, in order to discuss them individually.

The one who created this thread must have his reasons for simply entering the teaching he hold dear, without discussion, and it is only fair that we respect that, isn't it.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Hi Christine,

I hear you sister, however did you know that the threads are for discussion and the blogs are for what Patrick jane is downloading.

regards, Marilyn.

• Thanks 1

Does Right Division Cause Church Division?

http://graceambassadors.com/faq/right-division-cause-church-division

How important is it to make a stand for mid-acts Pauline dispensational right division? When people are first shown the truth of the Bible and the widespread error that is being taught, they realize that if they make a stand for sound doctrine they may be causing division among an already divided Body of Christ.

The typical response is:

• “How important is standing for sound doctrine when many churches and organizations do so much good in the community and the world. Wouldn’t we help more people if we simply remained silent and operated out of peace and love instead of divisive doctrine? After all, we can accomplish a lot more if we work together.“

This ecumenical motivation is well-intentioned when it desires to see the expanding the influence of the church. However, the expanstion comes at the cost of a very special commodity – sound doctrine. Ignoring the supremacy of doctrine is ignoring God’s order for peace.

Peace will ultimately reign forever on earth, but only when the Prince of Peace, Jesus Christ, returns to establish it:

“Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever.” – Isaiah 9:7

Notice that the worldwide peace is established by judgment, not by compromise. That is, the whole world will know the truth after they are judged by the standard of Truth, God himself. Only after truth is instituted will worldwide peace be established.

God is never willing to sacrifice truth for peace, doctrine for compromise.

Jesus himself, realizing that truth and doctrine comes before peace said:

“Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:” – Luke 12:51

In the dispensation of Grace, Paul instructs us to avoid those which cause division “contrary to the doctrine”:

“Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.” – Romans 16:17

Again in 1 Timothy 6:4-5, Paul instructs us to withdraw from those who consent not to the doctrine:

“If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;He is proud, knowing nothing, … from such withdraw thyself. ” – 1 Timothy 6:3-5

It is only after he teaches the doctrine of Ephesians chapters 1,2, and 3 that Paul says in chapter 4:3:

“Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.” – Ephesians 4:3

It is first that Paul instructs Timothy to teach “no other doctrine”:

“As I besought thee to abide still at Ephesus, when I went into Macedonia, that thou mightest charge some that they teach no other doctrine,” – 1 Timothy 1:3

Then after this strong charge, he tells Timothy to “lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty” in chapter 2:2.

So then, it is very important to understand that we should not become argumentative, angry, hateful, or divisive. However, to follow God’s order for peace, we are charged to defend sound doctrine. God’s peace comes from like-minded believers who unite through an understanding of God’s Word. Thus we are instructed to:

“Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.” – 2 Tim 1:13

• This is Worthy 1

Is Right Division Really That Important?

http://graceambassadors.com/midacts/is-right-division-really-that-important

By Justin Johnson

We all know when we have reached a controversial topic, because no one wants to talk about it. For the sake of ‘keeping the church together’ and ‘eliminating unneeded division’ self proclaimed Christians will try to squelch the teaching of dispensational right division by making it seem unimportant.

Have you ever heard it said, ‘your majoring in the minors’. Or perhaps, ‘your straining at a gnat’, is more familiar. A contemporary response goes like this: ‘In essentials unity; in non-essentials liberty; in all things love.’ What does that mean, anyway? Where in the Bible does God list the essentials? Why is it loving to gloss over doctrinal division and steer away from serious discussion?

Doesn’t Paul say that we receive liberty through the gospel of Christ (Gal 2:4-5)? Is the gospel a non-essential? Where it is commonplace to be doctrinally apathetic and biblically ignorant, we are bombarded with the influence of disregarding the revelation of the mystery as trivial. Is it true? Not in the least!

More Important than Salvation
There is no more important thing a soul can do than come to a knowledge of the saving grace of God demonstrated on the cross through Christ. In this aspect, the understanding of the revelation of the mystery is the message through which souls are saved. Ignorance of dispensational right division comes at the risk of eternal damnation.

No where else in scripture do we find the gospel for today, the gospel of the grace of God, other than in the revelation of God to our dispensational pattern. Through Paul, Jesus first revealed the meaning and the purpose of his shed blood for all men. Not of our works, but by faith we are justified by the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

The glory of this truth ‘kept secret since the world began’ is muddled by erroneously combining it with what God has purposely divided. When teachers of scripture do not rightly divide between what is prophetic and what is the revelation of the mystery they are at risk of blurring or losing the efficacy of the power of God unto salvation.

Though many people have been saved by well meaning people who are ignorant of Paul’s apostleship, it is not because they trusted in another gospel. They are saved despite their exposure to improper biblical workmanship.

Unfortunately many others are deluded by ministers who are also blind to the truth, preaching Jesus, but not according to the revelation of the mystery (Rom 16:25). They instead preach another Jesus according to the flesh (2 Cor 5:16). As a result they are trusting in their water baptism, or their good works, or their obedience to the words of Jesus during his earthly ministry when he was a minister of the circumcision:

“Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:” – Romans 15:8

Stunted Spiritual Growth
Despite the unclear gospel presentations, there are those who hear the gospel, and by faith believe it and are saved. However, continued subjection to teaching disparate of dispensational right division will stunt spiritual growth.

It is no wonder that we experience a drought of true spirituality if at the source we are not established according to the teaching of Jesus Christ according to the revelation of the mystery.

“Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began, …” – Rom 16:25

Instead, members of the body of Christ are weak, frail, and useless against the ‘body of this death’ and ‘this present evil world’ (Rom 7:24, Gal 1:4). As a result, we have turned to pop psychology and motivational speakers as substitutes for the indwelling of the Holy Spirit who is able to teach us from the word of God rightly divided (1 Cor 2:10-13).

By relinquishing the teaching of dispensational right division to the scrap heap of ‘petty doctrines’, we are spoiling those who would thrive in the protected soil of sound doctrine.

Essentials unity; non-essentials liberty; in all things love
Silencing the teaching of dispensational right division is the cause of unclear gospel presentations and stunted spiritual growth as well as being the single most harmful attack against those who desperately need salvation.

While it is far easier to assume that standing for dispensational right division is non-essential, the truth of God says that without this message the cross of Christ would’ve been a shameful defeat (1 Cor 2:7-8). The dispensation committed unto Paul is the manifold wisdom of God and can not be more essential to our salvation!

Paul speaks of unifying the body of Christ in Ephesians 4:3 after he explains the dispensation of God committed to him in chapter 3. He defends unity when it is not ‘contrary to that which ye have learned’ (Rom 16:17).

Christ gave us liberty through the gospel for our salvation, not as an excuse to ignore ‘non-essential’ Biblical discussion. Instead of using our liberty to be complacent towards doctrinal discussion, we are charged to ‘stand fast’ in it, and not to ‘give place by subjection, not for an hour’.

We are subject to the word of truth rightly divided, and there we stand in Christ.

“Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ; And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:” – Ephesians 3:8-9

The Way We Teach Jesus

http://graceambassadors.com/midacts/the-way-we-teach-jesus

By Justin Johnson

With the continuous attention given to the Muslim religion in our culture who doesn’t know that Jesus is mentioned in the Koran as a great prophet and teacher. Yet no Mohammedan would dare call themselves Christian. It is obvious then that a basic issue of Christianity is not that you teach Jesus, it is how you teach Jesus.

It is not hard to find national publications, radio shows, or churches that teach Jesus. Yet to the doctrinal detriment of souls worldwide it is a rare thing to “hear the preaching of Jesus Christ according to the revelation of the msytery” (Rom 16:25).

Teaching Jesus simply as a great teacher would be hiding the truth of who Jesus is. Teaching Jesus solely as the Son of God excludes the important purpose as to why he was manifest in the flesh to begin with. Even teaching Jesus as the King of Kings and Israel’s prophesied Messiah falls short of the glorious teaching of Jesus Christ according to the revelation of the mystery.

We must preach Jesus Christ according to what he is doing now or we have missed Christ entirely. Paul declares that “last of all he was seen of me” (1 Cor 15:8). Christ made him the “apostle of the Gentiles” and gave him a mystery revelation for us (Rom 11:13; Eph 3:2).

Paul was careful to guard his spiritual children against other ways of teaching of Jesus.

“I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:” – Gal 1:6

“But I fear, … For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him. ” – 2 Cor 11:3-4

The gospel of Jesus Christ which Paul taught was that Christ put on humanity, suffered, and died for the sins of every man who has ever lived (1 Tim 3:16). Through his blood atonement we are given reconciliation with God and the opportunity to receive eternal life and justification through faith apart from the covenants, laws, or special status of the nation Israel.

Instead of preaching Jesus according to the flesh and his position as King of the Jews, we preach Christ glorified as Head of the body, which is the church, made up of all saved men and women (Eph 1:22-23).

“Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more. ” – 2 Cor 5:16

Instead of preaching Jesus according to the gospel of the kingdom, twelve tribes, and the priesthood of Israel, we should be teaching him how Paul taught him: according to the revelation of the mystery (Rom 16:25).

“But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness. But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.” – 1 Cor 1:23-24