• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

Then why does Jesus told Nicodemus in John 3:5 about water and born again arn't they two different things. I am kinda confused.

Guest Butero
48 minutes ago, tigger398 said:

I always ask myself the question am I saved. Here is why I have thoughts on this. When I was  getting baptized I was not married at the time, but living with my now husband. I was told that it is all wrong now. I might have to do it again, because you need to be repented before  you are baptized not after. So am I saved. Just believing is not enough.    

To me, baptism doesn't actually save you.  It is just an outward sign of what took place in your heart.  It shows the world you were born again.  As you were lowered into the water, it was a sign of the old man being dead and buried, and when you were raised, up, it was a sign you were born again.  I have no problem with you choosing to be baptized again, but it won't save you.  I would suggest that if you haven't confessed this sin to God, you do so and ask his forgiveness for this and any other sins you have committed, but other than that, when it comes to baptism, that is entirely up to you and your conscience.  

Guest Butero
16 minutes ago, tigger398 said:

So what am I. Do I need to be baptized again, although I am married to him now.

Baptism is all well and good, but the most important thing is making sure you are saved.  If you doubt it, go to God and ask him to save you now.  Tell him you are sorry for your sins, and that you want to make sure you are saved.  Ask Jesus to come into your heart and save you.  He understands what you are going through and knows your heart.  

19 minutes ago, Yowm said:

(Joh 3:5)  Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.

I take it to mean the water of the Word...

(1Pe 1:23)  since you have been born again, not of perishable seed but of imperishable, through the living and abiding word of God;

Yes the water part Why did Jesus say that.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,065
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

5 minutes ago, tigger398 said:

But the book of John when Jesus was talking to Nicodemus says different. With my health issues can be frightening and insecure about salvation. 

The process of sanctification = growing in s/Spiritual essence with Scripture forming a faith not to be repented of

2 Cor 7:10
10 For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.
KJV

Paul is speaking of what true repentance is... when one considers only The Person God, Jesus The Christ, as the offended for sin (the why)->it's practice is throwing away God and His things and embracing self, the world, satan : basically the created essence first and foremost in living is first born realities of lie rather than God The Creator as resource alone! I remind my children often that when we run on the ground we place trust in the ground to be there cause it always has but that is lie... the ground is like it is because God said let there be with His Word.... We were born dead in this place and natural direction is to love this world and the things within it (after all it is all that we objectively know! in first birth)... the creation itself testifies there 'IS' God and this God has only one path to Himself, the way, the truth, the life written down for all to find objectively... as one begins to open The Written Word realization of righteous perfection found only in God Himself begins to infiltrate the mind and begins an illumination process whereby we see in this place darkly the filth that we are... a truth we yearn to escape from but do not have way! As this increase in Word resonates of a void we once were filled with so then the heart hears the knock upon it's door with the knowledge that if we open that door what we are, up an to that point, to be always considered dead to that point and alive to that which will follow... herein is the repentance: to reckon by faith the entirety of your being needs to be realized as worthless because of God's separation from it and all that your in (world/spirits) same... this is why works can't save you as there is nothing there God is keeping we have no resource with our own exist to save us! In this empty valueless state of being true repentance provides the cry to God to come and make new life within this hopeless mass of rejected being... this is the individual process we have all gone through and it is truly being born again unto a living hope called faith in Christ alone, through His Grace alone... after this point we have to learn, adjust to, in fulfilling His Love within us to others ultimately returning back to Himself called sanctification. It is in the sanctification process that we realize His perfect work within us is kept by His s/Spirit (the little s is me the capital S is God The Holy Spirit) and the promises by His Presence within us 'IS' The Eternal Security of no doubt within the individual...  Love, Steven 

16 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

The process of sanctification = growing in s/Spiritual essence with Scripture forming a faith not to be repented of

2 Cor 7:10
10 For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.
KJV

Paul is speaking of what true repentance is... when one considers only The Person God, Jesus The Christ, as the offended for sin (the why)->it's practice is throwing away God and His things and embracing self, the world, satan : basically the created essence first and foremost in living is first born realities of lie rather than God The Creator as resource alone! I remind my children often that when we run on the ground we place trust in the ground to be there cause it always has but that is lie... the ground is like it is because God said let there be with His Word.... We were born dead in this place and natural direction is to love this world and the things within it (after all it is all that we objectively know! in first birth)... the creation itself testifies there 'IS' God and this God has only one path to Himself, the way, the truth, the life written down for all to find objectively... as one begins to open The Written Word realization of righteous perfection found only in God Himself begins to infiltrate the mind and begins an illumination process whereby we see in this place darkly the filth that we are... a truth we yearn to escape from but do not have way! As this increase in Word resonates of a void we once were filled with so then the heart hears the knock upon it's door with the knowledge that if we open that door what we are, up an to that point, to be always considered dead to that point and alive to that which will follow... herein is the repentance: to reckon by faith the entirety of your being needs to be realized as worthless because of God's separation from it and all that your in (world/spirits) same... this is why works can't save you as there is nothing there God is keeping we have no resource with our own exist to save us! In this empty valueless state of being true repentance provides the cry to God to come and make new life within this hopeless mass of rejected being... this is the individual process we have all gone through and it is truly being born again unto a living hope called faith in Christ alone, through His Grace alone... after this point we have to learn, adjust to, in fulfilling His Love within us to others ultimately returning back to Himself called sanctification. It is in the sanctification process that we realize His perfect work within us is kept by His s/Spirit (the little s is me the capital S is God The Holy Spirit) and the promises by His Presence within us 'IS' The Eternal Security of no doubt within the individual...  Love, Steven 

What does this have to do with what Jesus was talking to Nicodemus about John 3:5

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,065
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

1 minute ago, tigger398 said:

What does this have to do with what Jesus was talking to Nicodemus about John 3:5

It is the birthing process that Jesus said was necessary 'to be born again' ... Nicodemus' problem was trying to evaluate the new birth to the first birth. The born again aspect is of Spirit not of flesh and I tried to show, tell, exampled thought as to the need of Spiritual rebirth totally separate from flesh and first birth...

20 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

It is the birthing process that Jesus said was necessary 'to be born again' ... Nicodemus' problem was trying to evaluate the new birth to the first birth. The born again aspect is of Spirit not of flesh and I tried to show, tell, exampled thought as to the need of Spiritual rebirth totally separate from flesh and first birth...

It's the water part steven that I'm trying to understand. in John 3:5

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

52 minutes ago, tigger398 said:

It's the water part steven that I'm trying to understand. in John 3:5

Hi Tigger, I know you're born again sister, if something would happen today,I know that you're with Jesus. To be baptized is to show the world that you're not ashamed of Jesus and that you choose to live for Him. 

Being baptized does not save a person, but if it makes you feel better,talk to your minister and he will be more than happy to baptize you again , I know what you're saying by explaining this Bible verse, if you're worried about it ,tell the world again that Jesus is your Savior! Nothing wrong with that!!

Love you Sister :)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

2 hours ago, tigger398 said:

Then why does Jesus told Nicodemus in John 3:5 about water and born again arn't they two different things. I am kinda confused.

Being born of water and the spirit is a reference to both baptism and being born again.  Baptism is a very important spiritual weapon for our walk in this life after we are born again......it is a sealing of our faith, so to speak.  The biblical principle is first the natural then the spiritual.......being baptized is a kind of prophetic act in the natural realm of our old man being buried and being resurrected to new life.  If you don't have peace about your situation and have a desire to be baptized again then by all means I would encourage you to do so sister, it sounds like the Holy Spirit could be putting that on your heart.  Don't wait, just go and get it done as soon it can be arranged, in simplicity....doesn't have to be a formal public event.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1