• Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,770
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

4 hours ago, tigger398 said:

It's the water part steven that I'm trying to understand. in John 3:5

well scholarship gets a little scattered there ...  presently I am of the opinion it is speaking of physical birth 'born of water' due to the flow of the context. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

4 hours ago, Heleadethme said:

Being born of water and the spirit is a reference to both baptism and being born again.  Baptism is a very important spiritual weapon for our walk in this life after we are born again......it is a sealing of our faith, so to speak.  The biblical principle is first the natural then the spiritual.......being baptized is a kind of prophetic act in the natural realm of our old man being buried and being resurrected to new life.  If you don't have peace about your situation and have a desire to be baptized again then by all means I would encourage you to do so sister, it sounds like the Holy Spirit could be putting that on your heart.  Don't wait, just go and get it done as soon it can be arranged, in simplicity....doesn't have to be a formal public event.

It's not just poof get it done. It is freezing cold outside. It has to be arranged and that takes time. If it can be done by my pastor. I guess I have to do it again. You said  you have to do both. I wanted to know if my first one was ok since I was living with my husband at the time. Do you have to be repentance 100%.

before you become baptized. I'm married to my husband now. Not to mention my husband will never let me get re baptized. I guess I'm gonna go to hell then. I don't need to worry about rapture.

Edited by tigger398

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

5 hours ago, tigger398 said:

It's not just poof get it done. It is freezing cold outside. It has to be arranged and that takes time. If it can be done by my pastor. I guess I have to do it again. You said  you have to do both. I wanted to know if my first one was ok since I was living with my husband at the time. Do you have to be repentance 100%.

before you become baptized. I'm married to my husband now. Not to mention my husband will never let me get re baptized. I guess I'm gonna go to hell then. I don't need to worry about rapture.

Tigger,I will ask this question to my minister,don't forget after repent and,we all still do sin and ask for forgiveness all the time,only God knows our heart ,water doesn't save,only Jesus saves you and He knows how much you love Him.Sister, I see Jesus living through you❤️

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

14 hours ago, tigger398 said:

I always ask myself the question am I saved. Here is why I have thoughts on this. When I was  getting baptized I was not married at the time, but living with my now husband. I was told that it is all wrong now. I might have to do it again, because you need to be repented before  you are baptized not after. So am I saved. Just believing is not enough.    

Salvation comes when we believe Jesus and trust in the atonement He secured for the forgiveness of our sins..

So if you believe and trust you are saved..

No one is saved by being in a state of sinlessness... Because no one is ever in a state of sinlessness...

Edited by Adstar

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Days Won:  5

8 hours ago, tigger398 said:

Tigger.......it's hard to give this kind of advice over the internet, not knowing a person face to face, or being able to get inside their head so to speak, but just trying to help out because you seem troubled and need peace, you also mentioned having trouble in prayer, so it sounds like something might be coming between you and Jesus, and maybe it is this thing on your conscience that is hindering your prayers, because sin separates us from God.   I don't know for sure, but that is what you seem to be expressing is on your mind and troubling you, so it might be the problem. 

Anyway here goes.....a person is saved through faith in Christ.....baptism is not needed for salvation as such but is needful for our life and walk with Christ after being saved.....think of it like a spiritual weapon, to follow Jesus in baptism and help us be strong in Him.......it 'seals the deal' of our repentance in a way.    The thief on the cross believed on Jesus but didn't have a chance to be baptized and live for Him, but he was still saved, and Jesus told him this day he would be with Him in paradise.  But for most people, if there is nothing stopping them from being baptized and they go on to live for the Lord, then they need to be baptized.   Maybe you could share your testimony of how you met the Lord, since you are worried about your salvation....it might help to share your testimony of when you came to faith in Jesus. 

If your conscience is troubling you in regards to living with your now spouse (before being married) after being saved, then all you really need to do is tell the Lord you are sorry, and mean it, and receive His forgiveness.......but if after doing that, you still don't have peace about it, then maybe being baptized again might be what you need personally for the sake of your conscience and to "seal the deal" of your repentance, so to speak and restore your peace.  It might not be required by God, but it might help your conscience to do that as an outward sign of your sincerity, IF that is what you feel you need to do.  Another thing you might want to think about is communion....because this is one reason we take it......we are to examine ourselves before we have communion and if there is anything on our conscience we repent of it at that time and remember His sacrifice, His body and blood that washes us clean, renewing His sacrifice to ourselves so to speak, and restoring our conscience.

Edited by Heleadethme
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, angels4u said:

Tigger,I will ask this question to my minister,don't forget after repent and,we all still do sin and ask for forgiveness all the time,only God knows our heart ,water doesn't save,only Jesus saves you and He knows how much you love Him.Sister, I see Jesus living through you❤️

Maybe I will better. It's just with all these health issues is frightening me. I want to be secure and not on my death bed fighting demons.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

41 minutes ago, tigger398 said:

Maybe I will better. It's just with all these health issues is frightening me. I want to be secure and not on my death bed fighting demons.

42 minutes ago, tigger398 said:

But don't feel condemned if you don't get baptized for the second time,remember being baptized does not save you, for it's by grace we are saved, it's an outward obedience to show the world we live for Jesus :)

((((((( HUG ))))))) Angels .

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Days Won:  5

4 hours ago, tigger398 said:

Tigger, how did you come to faith in Jesus, I would love to hear your story sister, and it might be encouraging for you to share it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Heleadethme said:

Tigger, how did you come to faith in Jesus, I would love to hear your story sister, and it might be encouraging for you to share it.

My testimony is boring.