Scared

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  124
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

So, because I've got OCD I began being worried to something.

In Matthew 5:30 it is written, that if your right hand causes you to sin, you should cut it off. So, you should repent from everything that may be a tentation to sin.

Found a better explanation on Biblehub: Not the senses only, through which we receive impressions, but the gifts and energies which issue in action, may become temptations to evil; and in that case, if the choice must be made, it were better to forfeit them.

But talking about gifts, in Romans 11:29 it is written that God's gifts are irrevocable, without repentance.

I have always based my life on science. Of course, I believe in God and have accepted Christ as saviour but I believe that advancing in science gets us more near to God. It is a proof of God's infinite intelligence.

The thing is, I have had doubts about His existence (and then came back to Him, "proving" myself that He exists). Does this mean that I should've repent from His gift? The passion of science  or the intelligence?

What about the atheists?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

Mat, if I understand you correctly then no you don't repent of intelligence. When I was young my intelligence also made me not believe God was real. But God pulled me back and proved to me He is real. I suggest you use your intelligence to learn about God and seek to understand the difficult passages, the ones that many preachers even get wrong. Most believers simply accept them and there's nothing wrong with that. But with constant study and thinking about them you may come to fully understand some of them. But don't expect that to happen quickly, I've been working on it all my life. God doesn't require us to be smart He requires faith, but since He gave you intelligence use it for His glory. It's more important now than ever before because we have more false teachings today than in the past. I love science also and in my view science proves God. The universe is so big and complex only an infinite intelligence could have created it. That is God. Further, when nature is left to it's own it breaks down and destroys itself. You don't have anything to be scared of.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  38
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

When ever I wonder, I ask, “where does love and goodness come from?”

Without God, love and goodness make no sense

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

On Spiritual Struggle :)

The evil spirits are always  wanting to interfere With whatever we are doing for Our salvation. Alas , we who are lukewarm usually say to ourselves. Wait i have not yet done this.

I have not yet tried that ... I will repent later . After i have done all these Things i will repent . God and i will walk the straight path , wandering neither to the right nor to the left .

this is exactly what the spirits of evil want us to do , they want us to put off Our salvation until tomorrow. or the day after , and so on and so forth, until the end of Our life .

But the holy fathers say   GO With the lord , GO today follow him :):):)