Posted (edited)

i wanted to put this in general discussion but i dont want to ask a question! so the only other place is here so feel free to move it to a more appropriate place

Ah another round of the beast from the east and what else is there left to do than a thread!

……………………………………………………………..........................................................................................................................

https://carm.org/questions/about-demons/was-lucifer-originally-angel-worship

This is why some people suspect that Lucifer (name means ‘light bearer’) was involved with music and therefore worship before God. But because of Lucifer’s exceeding beauty and greatness, some suspect he became prideful and rebelled against God.

==================================================================

https://www.eurotravelogue.com/2012/05/artsmart-roundtable-study-of-apollo.html

Apollo Belvedere statue housed in the Vatican Museum.

As you probably know, Apollo is the god of light and music not to mention a skilled archer as well. Often identified with the sun in many a classical myth, Apollo was son to Zeus and Leto—daughter to one of the mighty Titans of ancient Greek mythology.

………………………………………………………………................................................................................................................................................

There is comparison of a sculpture of David ah yes the counterfeit along with the real stuff rather like this morning which set me off looking into this subject again the radio …I thought gee the radio has actually got a Christian church service on and then afterwards the program that followed talked about the Greek beginnings and how the statute of Buddha resembled the statute of Appollo and I thought hello that’s interesting had never considered the connection.

………………………………………………………………...................................................................................

Edited by existential mabel
  • Thumbs Up 2

Posted (edited)

http://www.ancient-origins.net/human-origins-religions/what-does-alexander-great-have-do-buddhist-imagery-005293

Seeing Buddha

The innovative anthropomorphic Buddha appearance was obviously inspired by the style of Hellenistic artists, and it immediately reached a very high level of sculptural sophistication. The monuments and sculptures of Buddha from this period influenced Buddhist art and transformed it forever.

The Buddha of this time looked much like the Belvedere Apollo (330 AD), beautiful and dressed in Hellenistic style. He is shown in a light toga, with a halo, the contrapposto stance of the upright figures, classical Mediterranean curly hair, and the top-knot. Some of the Buddha statues were also made using the Greek technique

==================================================================

https://encyclopedia2.thefreedictionary.com/Appolyon

Apollyon

(əpŏl`yən) [Gr.,=Destroyer], in the Book of Revelation, name of the angel of the bottomless pit.

==========================================================================================

http://www.sparknotes.com/lit/pilgrims/character/apollyon/

Apollyon wants to thwart Christian. Like Giant Despair, also bent on thwarting Christian, Apollyon has a physical irregularity that displays his evil. Apollyon is a hybrid being, part dragon, bear, human, and fish.

These symbolic combinations convey his immense power, suggesting that he draws energy from all corners of the universe

Apollyon signifies subjection to worldly forces. He represents the opposite of the spiritual freedom that Christian expresses in leaving behind his worldly existence. Apollyon’s name evokes the Greek god Apollo, lord of the beauty and form that dominates worldly values. Apollo was a pagan deity, far removed from the Christian God that the pilgrim strives toward.

======================================================================

Isn’t that strange as I was studying this I have the radio on for the weather and road report and the radio presenter started to talk about Appolloyn!  And his attributes to medicine- Can only happen to me lol eeeeek think the Lord is taking me on a journey this morning!

……………………………………………………………..............................................................................................

https://www.livescience.com/33104-why-is-the-medical-symbol-a-snake-on-a-stick.html

There are actually two versions of the symbol. The winged version is known as a caduceus, and the stick is actually a staff that was carried by the Olympian god Hermes. In Greek mythology, Hermes was a messenger between the gods and humans (which explains the wings) and a guide to the underworld (which explains the staff).

====================================================================

https://www.greekmythology.com/Olympians/Apollo/apollo.html

the god of healing, giving the science of medicine to man; the god of light; and the god of truth. One of Apollo's most important daily tasks was to harness his four-horse chariot, in order to move the Sun across the sky.

.................................................................................................................................................................................

Gee and now its time for a mug o tea." I think therefore I am," eeek that’s enough on my plato..zip

Edited by existential mabel
  • Thumbs Up 2

Yes, many of these false gods worshiped around the world are versions of Apollo, the sun god ...which also goes back to Nimrod and Babylon. 

The elites worship an entity referred to as "the eighth" ...there are 8 Egyptian deities, but a focus is on "the eighth." You can find reference to this in the book of Revelation as well. I posted on this last year with more detail but can't remember what thread it was in. 

• Thumbs Up 3

4 hours ago, Abby-Joy said:

Yes, many of these false gods worshiped around the world are versions of Apollo, the sun god ...which also goes back to Nimrod and Babylon. 

The elites worship an entity referred to as "the eighth" ...there are 8 Egyptian deities, but a focus is on "the eighth." You can find reference to this in the book of Revelation as well. I posted on this last year with more detail but can't remember what thread it was in. 

Abby when you made mention of the eight.   revelation came to mind .....................remember the eighth king that is of the seven .   read revelation again.

Does anyone else notice how it seems they are no longer even hiding things anymore .     Its seems the rise of all evil and the many gods of rome

in pauls day , its coming full circle again .    The end hour is approaching .     Look at all the symbols and notice its the elite rich and kingdoms putting it all out in plain sight now .

EU and its bull and Europa   ,   peace pyramids springing up    ,   the final hour of it all approaches and as with the days of nimrod , or nebb days

a one universal mind is really gaining ground .   and so too is the making of a one universal religion .    The very things spoken of and written down in the bible

are flat out passing for all who have eyes to see can see the signs of the times .   

• Thumbs Up 1

what struck me today is immediately after the christian service you have this pagan stuff and it makes me realise that the dawn of the civilisation was tarred from the very beginning.  the tree of knowledge takes us away and down the rabbit hole of counterfeit that has lots of bells and whistles to hide the dark, oh yeah and distracted of course.

• Thumbs Up 4

while i was listening to this service on the radio the preacher talked about mindfulness meditation being a good thing but they didnt clarify the christian aspect of this and so a new christian would assume that mindfulness meditation is a christian practice. this is where it gets blurred for me i mean as a christian a  similar but not the same thing is contemplation.

so i can only take from that that the church fully endorse buddhist mindfulness practice. oh yeah we tweak it in the west to make it more user friendly but its still a pagan practice and that is what i was waiting for this preacher to spell out but didnt.

• Thumbs Up 2

Posted (edited)

Something I wrote in 2012

Can one be Christian and Buddhist at the same time?

Good Day!
During a recent conversation with someone at a casual social gathering the discussion of spiritual beliefs came up and it was suggested that on can be a practicing Christian Buddhists (at the same time).

HMMM...lets think this through.

Before finding my way back to Christianity, I was interested in finding out all I could about the different religions of the world.

( Today, I now know that for me God has revealed HIMSELF through my christian faith and for me to turn away from that knowledge would be quite like having been revealed something true and turning away from that truth.)

I think for anyone searching sincerely to find their spiritual path, a time of searching is important.

Everyone on earth is given the chance to find the Truth for the well being of their soul.

In all the religions that I had read about, the purest form of Buddhism  (4noble truths, eight fold path) -seemed- at first glance  to be the most appealing and noble way of life that people should aspire to live. The only thing that was amiss for me was that there was no mention of a ONE universal God, forgiveness, man having a soul, a plan of forgiveness through Gods Salvation & Grace & LOVE or that there is ONE LIFE and then transition to God or other.
 Further reading about the Buddhist teachings led me to see a very complex Buddhist creed.

At first glance Buddhism appears to be a simple system of belief. However if you truly search this religion through, you will find that it is one of the most COMPLEX of all Oriental faiths. It is today considered a religion philosophy encompassing a variety of traditions, beliefs and practices largely based on teachings attributed to Siddhartha Gautama, commonly known as  the Buddha= awakened one. Siddhartha Gautama lived and taught in the eastern part of Indian subcontinent some time between the 6th and 4th centuries B.C.E.

Two major branches of Buddhism are recognized: Theravada (The school of the Elders) and Mahayana (The great vehicle)
Theravada has a widespread following in Sri Lanka and Southeast Asia. Mahayana is found throughout East Asia and includes the traditions of Pure Land, Zen, Nichiren Buddhism, Tibetan Buddhism, Shingon, Tiamai (Tendai) and Shinnyo-en. In some classifications Vajrayana - as practiced mainly in Tibet and Mongolia, and adjacent parts of China and Russia- is recognized as a third branch, while others classify it as a part of Mahayana. There are other categorizations of these three Vehicles or Yana.

Buddhist schools vary on the exact nature of the path to liberation, the importance and canonicity of various teachings and scriptures, and especially their respective practices. Two of the most important teachings are dependent origination and sunyata. The foundation of Buddhist tradition and practice are the Three Jewels: The Buddha, The Dharma (Teaching) and the Sangha (the community.) Taking refuge in the triple gem has traditionally been a declaration and commitment to being on the Buddhist path and in general distinguishes a Buddhist from a non- Buddhist.

The Three Jewels : Buddha, Dharma and Sangha as well as the concepts of Karma, rebirth and reincarnation and the practice of yoga existed before Gautama lived but they later became associated with Buddhism.

According to the Pali Tipitaka =Three Jewels and the Agamas of the early Buddhist schools, the Four Noble Truths were the first teachings of Gautama Buddha .
They are sometimes considered to contain the essence of the Buddha's teachings

In addition to the Four Noble Truths and the eightfold path, the following practices and doctrines are considered essential to attaining Buddahood.

1) The state of Arahatship (being worthy) contains thirty -seven precepts to be followed by the devout Buddhist. Twenty-nine of these precepts are in addition to the requirements of the Eightfold Path

2) Five obstacles hinder one's approach to enlightenment: sloth, pride,malice, lust, and doubt.

3) Three refuges must be affirmed by all who belong to the Sangha (the brotherhood of monks): refuge in Buddha, the Dharma -law-, and the Sangua - Buddhist community-

4) Followers also must adhere to 227 regulations that, among others things, forbid them to touch a woman (even their mother) or drink unstrained water( lest they kill anything living)

5) Man has no soul but rather exists in five conditions: body, feeling, ideas, will, and pure consciousness

6) Ten commandments are propagated, the last five of which apply only to the Sangua -Buddhist community-,
These "shall nots" include killing, stealing, adultery, lying, drinking intoxicating liquors,
eating after midday, being present at any dramatic or musical performance,applying personal adornment or perfume, sleeping on a comfortable bed, and owning silver or gold.

7) Three principals guide the Buddhist in his search for nirvana. The first principle designates thirty-one planes of existence, from higher spiritual beings on down through humans and lower beings-in-torment (who endure an existence similar to purgatory).
The second principle teaches that one's karma determines his spiritual plane, though progression and retrogression are constant throughout successive transmigration-reincarnations-.
Finally, the third principle promises "complex awareness" by practicing contemplation. The one who achieves this state is supposed to become immune to all feeling and emotion, including hate and love.

Four progressive stages of awareness await the Buddhist seeker.: Sotapatti Magga, Sakadagami Magga,Angami Magga and Arahatta Magga.
Some Buddhists believe that an individual who attains Sotapatti Magga can no longer kill, seduce... utter falsehood, take drugs...make evil utterances or have bad thoughts."

So if the attainment of the Buddhist path is to become immune to all feeling including love, how can that be compatible with the teachings of Christ Jesus that clearly point to LOVE in all that we do and hope to reunite with?

----------------

Forgiveness.
It is in forgiving that understanding comes
It is in understanding that forgiveness becomes possible.

One can't forgive without love .
Love is needed to be able to forgive.

Gods Mercy & Grace shows us  HIS WISDOM is based on divine agape LOVE that brings forth understanding and forgiving.

In Buddhism there is NO forgiving you pay and pay with your Karma =force that drives samsara=cycle of suffering and rebirth for each being. Good skillful deeds(Pali: "kusala") and bad unskillful deeds (Pali: "akusala"). Actions produce seeds in the mind which come to fruition either in this life or in a subsequent rebirth. In Buddhism, karma specially refers to those actions of body, speech and mind that spring from mental intent and which bring about a consequence of fruit=phala or result=vipaka. In Theravada Buddhism there can be no divine salvation or forgiveness for one"s karma, since it is a purely impersonal process that is a part of the makeup of the universe.

----------------

The Buddhist application as mentioned above is a bit more abstract as there is no particular mention of ONE CREATOR and its practice involves correct actions through the application &  works of the 4 noble truths leading to the eight fold path , followed also by thirty seven precepts, 227 regulations in order to reach detachment of the flesh, and that only through countless reincarnations-progression, retrogression one can achieve better Karma=reward for actions and that this can eventually lead to the bliss of nothingness.   (Actually it is a bit more complex than that to be a practicing Buddhist. I am sending you the Wikipedia Buddhist 'link' that perhaps can give a better synopsis of the religion.)

The basics of 4 noble truths leading into the eight fold path to enlightenment contain a way of life that is meant to be respectful to all living things. To be able to practice each day living in honesty & truth and doing good actions to all things . 

Indeed this action of LOVE is one of the commandments that the old and new testament also teach us fellowmen to follow.

But somehow in the Buddhist teachings all seems to be about conditioning the mind and being impersonal to love.
 Controlling the mind through action and works without involving the important component of heart felt DIVINE love in the process.
The Buddhist highest goal to reach is nirvana/bliss =blowing out=free from suffering=: the state of being absent from the emotion of hate and of love= the state of nothingness.

I have appreciated reading the Buddhist teachings as there is a "form of good" in it., however I do believe GODS eternal state is the state of LOVE=goodness=WHOLEsomeness.
 LOVE = LIFE. GOD IS eternal and is LIFE/LOVE -GIVING-.
 The Buddhist seeks to be released from bad Karma into good Karma through the action of good works that eventually lead to better reincarnations that eventually lead into nirvana/bliss/blow-out/ nothingness.

The Holy Bible teaches as Christians we should seek God by asking GOD for His Mercy =undeserved forgiveness & Grace= undeserved gift of salvation=salvaging us from sin,
  allowing God to come make HIS home in our hearts and transform us into HIS new creations so we can become able through HIM living in our hearts to eventually reunite into GODS ETERNAL LOVING presence.  GOD is eternal LOVE. As Christians, we are not saved by our good works but rather by God working good works in us by HIS Holy Spirit living in us. Of course good works are a consequence of having welcomed God through His only begotten Son Christ Jesus and His Holy spirit working in us. When we truly live a christian life, with a daily relationship with God, we seek to live in goodness. But because we are not God but still human, we make mistakes. It is God in us who corrects us and brings us back on the right path. Of ourselves, our works will never suffice as many times our actions good and bad can be pridefully motivated. As a christian it is through the divine blood Christ Jesus shed on the cross for the remission of our sins that we are made acceptable to come into HIS presence and unto eternity with HIM.

On the cross of Calvary Christ Jesus was hung between two prisoners, one cursed Christ Jesus and the other asked Christ Jesus for forgiveness and asked Him into His kingdom.
Luke ch 23 v43 Christ Jesus said to him : "Assuredly, I say to you today you will be with Me in Paradise."
It was not by any good works of the prisoner , it was because the prisoner had faith to ask Christ Jesus for forgiveness that Christ Jesus bestowed on this prisoner HIS HIS MERCY and GRACE.

Yes at first glance Buddhist shows a form of goodness. However for Buddhist practitioners the attainment of goodness is to eventually be free from it also.

The Holy bible teaches we are not saved by works but by faith lest our pride should boast.
Ephesians ch2 v 8,9
For by Grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is a gift of GOD,
v9 not of works, lest anyone should boast

Romans ch9 v32 Why? because they did not seek it by faith, but as it were, by the works of the law. For they stumbles at the stumbling stone.
Psalm 116:22, Isaiah 28:16 "Behold, I lay in Zion a stumbling stone and rock of offense, And whoever believes on HIM will not be put to shame."

According to what is written in the Holy Bible all the good works of Karma cannot get a man/woman saved and into the presence of God. It is only by faith in GOD that one is saved.
God through the blood atonement of the shed blood of GODS only begotten Son Christ Jesus saves man/woman from condemnation. God is the one doing the salvaging of our mistakes.
 Of ourselves we can do nothing that is 100% pure of prideful motives. We need to humble ourselves to our Father in heaven and ask HIM for help and for forgiveness.  For a man that is full of pride, that is almost impossible for him to ever do without God grace working in him.

John ch 3 v 18 Christ Jesus said: he who believes in HIM is not condemned; but he who does not believe is already, because he has not believed in the name of the Only begotten Son of God.

So coming back to the two prisoners who were crucified each next to Christ Jesus at Calvary, one cursed Him and the other asked for His Grace & Mercy.

In Christianity is is not by works that one is saved and shown Mercy and Grace rather it is by FAITH, trusting in HIM that He gives us Mercy and Grace.
You see we have to be humble enough to ask our Father in heaven for Mercy & Grace. Of ourselves we cannot do it, because no amount of work will ever make us HOLY enough like God IS. We need to ask HIM for help in bringing forth His Mercy and Grace to and into us.

But the good news is that : Anyone who asks Him, it will be given.
Christ Jesus yoke is easy.
what makes it a hard stumbling block (hard nut to crack open) for many is our pride.

Our pride is so big that it rather do all other kinds things, ascetic contortions and all other over just simply, humbly asking GOD for HIS Mercy and Grace.

Gods yoke is easy but our pride makes it hard to accept.

So yes I did see -at first glance- a form of goodness in the Buddhist teachings
Note: a form of good.

In the English language the word the word GOOD= having right or desirable quality, purity,-virtuous- ,wholesomeness, unity

-a form of goodness
-a form of Godliness-

2 Timothy  3:5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away.

Buddhist don't seek GOD to find the power of TRUE GOODNESS, they seek through their mind/ intellect to attain power, a form of godliness, goodness without the involvement of love from the heart or God involved in the process.
Love from the heart is an emotion that Buddhist finally seek to become free from through the attainment of nirvana/bliss=blowout

------------------

On a different note...

Have you ever noticed this?
In every garden next to a real plant one will find a counterfeit plant. The counterfeit looks very much like the real thing but it is not the real thing. Many times it is a toxic plant resembling the good nontoxic plant. Its purpose is to mislead and perhaps make you mistakenly choose the counterfeit over the TRUE plant to hopefully, if not die from it, hopefully LEARN something from the experience.

------------------

Perhaps this Gautama search was leading to a form of truth. It is hard to say when all written values from his teaching were first orally transmitted and written so many years after his death, with many add-ons added over the years.

To be fair;

Some of Gautama's ways do resemble a good way to live in wholesome goodness, just forgiveness, having a soul, and a loving relationship with God is not part of the process to find better Karma leading to nirvana/bliss/ blow out nothingness.

Only GOD knows Gautama heart. And God is the depository of man's soul.

But for a true adhering Buddhist, God as the Holy Bible teaches, makes no sense to them.

But one thing I do believe, the maker of ALL gives a chance for all humans to find HIS universal TRUTH/LIFE/LOVE.

We all have been given a measure of FAITH.
It is what we do with this measure that activates GODS LOVE by HIS MERCY & GRACE.
The Holy Bible says that this measure can be as small as that of a mustard seed to be able to move mountains.(Mark 11:23, Matthew 17:20, Matthew 21:21
Its cultivation is within our hearts with Gods Love invited into our hearts as our fertilizer to grow and be transformed in HIM, into HIS likeness. Until we die this transformation is not complete. It becomes complete once we reunite with HIM after our earthly death.

Luke 17: 6
Christ Jesus said: "If you have the faith as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, ' Be pulled up by the roots and be planted in the sea' and it would obey you.

we all have been given a measure of faith.
Romans 12:3
For I say, through the grace given to me, to everyone who is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think soberly, as God has dealt to each one a measure of faith.

Because FAITH grows exceedingly.

With Gods LOVE in mans heart, mans faith grows exceedingly.

Ephesians 2:8,9
v8 For by GRACE you have been saved through FAITH and that not of yourselves; it is a GIFT of GOD,
 v9 not of works should anyone BOAST
v10  For we are HIS workmanship, CREATED in CHRIST JESUS for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.

( This is in itself completely contrary to the Buddhist way of thinking. In Buddhism, it is of yourself your own good works that eventually leads you to better Karma leading you to eventual  nirvana/Bliss/ blow-out nothingness. God and His plan of love, forgiveness  and seeking a relationship with a loving GOD has no place in Buddhism.)

The Holy Bible says:
God desires Mercy not sacrifice from us.
Hosea 6: 6 For I desire mercy and not sacrifice

( In Buddhism you have to live through countless intellectual leading to physical sacrifices of the mind and body through chanting,observances, ascetic actions, rituals, good works to attain the eventual Bliss of nothingness.)

In Christianity one seeks to find, forgiveness, healing, and life through Gods plan of salvation through His Mercy and Grace.
In Buddhism one seeks to free himself into nothingness including love.

It is in forgiving that we are forgiven ( Matthew 6:14)

One needs the important ingredient of  'agape'  LOVE within our hearts to be able to forgive.

(There is NO FORGIVENESS in Buddhism. In Buddhism you must pay for every good and bad action by getting the Karma you deserve) (what comes around goes around).

The Holy Bible states that God is the ONE who will have the final say of sorting out darkness from light, placing each to where it belongs.

The Holy Bible says: vengeance is mine says the Lord vengeance is mine says the Lord.
Deuteronomy ch32 v34,35
v34 Is this not laid up in store with Me, sealed up among My treasures?
v35 Vengeance is Mine, and recompense;For the day of calamity is at hand, and the things to come hasten upon them.
v36mFor the Lord will judge His people and have compassion on HIS servants,
When He sees that their power is gone, And there is no one remaining, bond or free.
v39 Now SEE that I, even I am HE,
And there is no GOD besides Me;
I kill and I make alive;
I wound and I heal; nor is there any who can deliver from My hand.

It is Truth that our actions do have consequences on our well being, but in Christianity there is the possibility of healing forgiveness through the act of repentance in God through His plan of divine Grace & Salvation.

In Buddhism you have to work your way out of Karma into nirvana/bliss/ blowout nothingness. There is no room for forgiveness. there is no mention of being in the existence of life/light/love united eternally with an eternal God of life/light/love. 

2 Thessalonians 1:  2,3
v2 Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Christ Jesus:
v3 We are bound to thank God always for you, brethren, as it is fitting, because your faith grows exceedingly, and the love of every one of you all abounds towards each other.

When Gautama a.k.a. Buddha was born, Hinduism was the religion of his country. (Hinduism is another religion with many offshoots. Buddhism adopted many concepts of Hinduism in its diverse formats)
Different sects of Buddhism include different parts of Hinduism to it.) What some call divination and demonology practices, stem from the roots of certain Hindu practices.) Tantric Buddhism involves the esoteric practices of Hinduism.

The Bible warns us over and over about esoteric/divination practices. The former leading away from GODS TRUTH into deception. It is an abomination to God.Leviticus 20:27. Exodus 7:11 Deuteronomy 18:12. Isaiah 47:12 Ezekiel 13:6. acts 8:11-24

Back to the creation of Buddhism.
As the story goes,Gautama born into a rich family, and one day leaving his palace curious to roam outside of his families palatial grounds, he encountered  very disturbing sights of suffering that had such an impact on him that it led Gautama to leave his palatial life and family to go out and search in his own way to find the meaning of suffering, truth & life. ( I am sure you know the story, I am just trying to preface things in their proper order.)

Through much of Gautama searching, came forth certain revelations of truth and of suffering.
The religion of Buddhism was founded on the verbal transmission of Gautama's truth over his experience of how he contemplated overcoming life and suffering along with other Hindu off shoot practices.
That is why today there are many different "types" of Buddhism practiced.There are many different Buddhist schools that vary on the exact way to liberation.

(In Christianity there is only ONE WAY : through Christ Jesus. John ch14 v6 Christ Jesus said:" I am the way the TRUTH and the LIFE, no one comes to the FATHER but through Me."
How is that compatible with Buddhism?

Become a Christian Buddhist?
Isn't that a complete contradiction in every sense of the word?
The human nature of man tends to complicate things, bring in confusion.

God is not the author of confusion but of peace.
This can be found in 1Corinthians 14:33 of the Holy Bible.

I am not sure if Gautama ever thought or wanted to be revered as a god and have people worship him as the Buddha god.
I think that he was basically trying of himself to find a way to understanding life, suffering and truth.

But Today to call yourself a Buddhist you absolutely must adhere to  the 3 Jewels :Tripitaka: three baskets: 1)The Buddha, 2) the Darma=the teachings, 3)the Sangua -Buddhist community.

Again how can anyone having read both religions call himself/herself a practicing Christian Buddhist?
The two WAYS , the two ROADS are very different.  You can't practice one and at the same time believe in the other.

The bible state you can't serve two masters.

In the case of Christ Jesus , He did proclaim many times that He was the promised Messiah,only begotten Son of God.
John3:16,17,18 Christ Jesus said:"For God so loved the world that He gave His ONLY begotten SON, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life., v17 For God did not send HIS Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world THROUGH HIM might be saved, v18 "he who believes in HIM is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of GOD.

If what is written in the Holy Bible of the promised Messiah and of the life Christ Jesus is a LIE, Then the WHOLE of the Holy Bible becomes a LIE , because its basic meaning is about finding Gods love and way of LIFE through the process of GODS salvation and redemption through His plan of Mercy and Grace.

The scriptures of the Holy Bible clearly points to ONE way ,
while the teachings of Buddha clearly point to another way.

The Holy Bible points to ONE WAY through Gods only begotten Son Christ Jesus.

Believing in the Buddhist ways is believing away from what is written in the Holy Scriptures of the HOLY BIBLE and of what Christ Jesus spoke and taught.

Have you noticed? why is it that many of different beliefs like to take a quote of what Christ Jesus said? Many times the quote is taken out of context, but why do many if not most other beliefs have this need to justify their beliefs by injecting something that Christ Jesus said? The Holy bible doesn't need to take quotes from other beliefs to justify what it says it stands for?  Perhaps because in mans heart of hearts, soul of soul, they know that this man Christ Jesus stood for was the TRUTH.

One can only find what Christ Jesus said and taught by reading the Holy scriptures found in the Holy Bible new & old testament.
You either by faith believe it or you don't.
You must FIRST by the little faith that you do have ask God to come into your heart then GOD will to give you His Mercy & Grace, leading to even greater faith, peace and understanding.

You, me of ourselves are not GOD and never will be.
We need Gods Divine Love to find the way to GODS TRUTH and LOVE and reunite with HIM

There is NO LOVE,  no nothing in the attainment goal of Buddhism.

In Buddhism they teach about the middle way. No excess to anything- if that is possible through mind control alone.

In Romans ch3 v23 in the Holy bible it is written : that ALL have sinned and fall short from the Glory of GOD.
Isaiah ch64 v6 But we are all like an unclean thing, And ALL our RIGHTEOUSNESS ARE LIKE FILTHY RAGS; we all fade as a leaf, And our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.
Isaiah ch53 v6: All we like sheep have gone  astray, We have turned EVERYONE, to his own way;
And the LORD has laid on HIM the iniquity of us all.

Once again I ask? how can a person call themselves a practicing Christian Buddhist?

The Buddhist middle way through the 3 Jewels 1) the Buddha,2) the Dahrma- Buddhists teachings- 3) Sangua- the buddhist community-

And the christian path:  1) ONE way through Gods only begotten son Christ Jesus, 2) Living a life of LOVE through His WORD found in the teachings of the Holy Bible, 3) cultivating on a daily basis a relationship with God in three persons -Father, Son, HOLY spirit of GOD, 4)  fellowship with the body of Christ -the church-  and 4) being a shinning light of example of the love of GOD in our hearts and unto others in the world.

In Christianity they teach on being on FIRE for GOD. ALL the WAY
 You can't be lukewarm on HIS TRUTH/LOVE/LIGHT.
It IS or it isn't

If you truly have found GODS GRACE you will SEEK GOD with your ALL.
Buddhists do not seek GOD, nor do they seek fellowship with GOD through their whole being.

The middle way,
versus
 The NARROW GATE WAY

Matthew 7:13
Christ Jesus said: Enter through the narrow gate, for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. v14 "Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to LIFE, and there are few who find it. v15 Beware of false prophets who come in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. v16 You will know them by their FRUITS. Do men gather grapes from thorn bushes, figs from thistles?

Revelation 3:16 Christ Jesus said: So then because you are lukewarm and neither cold, nor hot, I will spew you out of My mouth,17 "Because you say, 'I am rich , have become wealthy, and have need of nothing' and do not know that you are wretched,miserable,poor, blind, and naked.-
v18 "I counsel you to buy from Me gold refined in the fire, that you may be rich; and white garments, that you may be clothed, that the shame of your nakedness may not be revealed, and anoint your eyes with the salve, that you may see. v19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten. Therefore be zealous and repent v20 Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I WILL COME IN to him and dine with him and he with Me."

------------------

But people have itchy ears, many times looking in all other places that SEEM right and where they don't have to let go of their basic human pride; where they don't have to humble themselves before God, acknowledge to God of their sins and ask God for HIS help, for HIS mercy and HIS forgiveness and for His help to work in us in becoming a better human soul.

If you say Christianity is complicated I wounder what Buddhism is, considering all the different  -hoops one has to jump- all the endless tasks, chants,rituals one has to accomplish to even get a chance at perhaps finding BLISS/nirvana/ blowout nothingness?

In Buddhism, there is NO forgiveness for past mistakes, you have to WORK at earning your way through endless laws, precepts, reincarnations on this earth before possible Bliss/nirvana, blowout NOTHINGNESS to occur. And the mention of a -soul- is non existent in any Buddhist sect you are adhering to.

In  the Holy bible old and new, it is written that we all have a living soul and that man is  SAVED by GODS Mercy and GRACE and is given TWO commandments to follow: Love GOD with ALL your strength and Might and to love your brother/sister/fellowman as yourself. Gods yoke is easy Matthew 11: 29,30 Christ Jesus said: "Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is LIGHT."
Forgiveness is essential to be willing to cultivate Gods love in us and to truly be able to love your neighbor as yourself.

Matthew ch 6 v14 Christ Jesus said: "For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. v15 "But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

It is through God working in us that we are given the capacity to forgive.
It takes the ingredient of agape LOVE to be able to forgive.
As we are grateful also to be forgiven for our foolish sins, so also we are to be able to forgive another s foolish sins.
we are all human with our own set of mistakes.
It is not how we fall that counts but rather how we choose to get up from that fall that makes the difference.

Let me add that the Buddhist teachings that are taught are also meant to be practiced. They also are meant to be read and followed.

so again I ask? how can one say you can be both? a Christian Buddhist ?

It makes as much sense as saying you are a practicing Christian Muslim. (and that's for another discussion).

------------------

Under further examination and research of Christs' Teachings and those of Buddha, I cannot find how one can say they are a practicing Buddhist /Christian in the literal meaning 'sense' of both teachings.

However I can understand how many people call themselves Christians, but know really very little of what the meaning implies. Because they have not really truly searched within their hearts and asked GOD into their hearts to reveal to their hearts His WISDOM through the guidance of the Holy Spirit of GOD in their hearts and through HOLY scriptures within the Holy Bible to know its proper teaching and meaning.

The will of GOD involves the action of LOVE

Matthew 7:21,22,23
Christ Jesus said: "Not everyone who says to Me, Lord, Lord shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.
v22 Many will say to Me in that day, Lord Lord we have prophesied in YOUR NAME, cast out demons in YOUR NAME and done many wonders in YOUR name?
v23"And I will declare to them, I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness.!

This is serious stuff, if you believe the scriptures of the Holy Bible and believe that this IS what Christ Jesus TRULY SAID.

Again, you can't just pick and choose what you want to believe about Christ Jesus. The Holy Bible explains it very clearly, yet many don't believe and cannot SEE HIS TRUTH.

Many aren't willing to seek God with a repentant heart.
Pride stands in the way and blocks the heart from finding its truth.

Either Christ Jesus was telling the TRUTH of He was the greatest LIAR and Deceiver of the souls of many.

But Christ Jesus taught about LOVE and to PRACTICE LOVE and FORGIVENESS to one another more than any other person in history. Yet many nevertheless reject HIM and look to other religions, belief, to comfort their human nature.

The Buddhists do not preach forgiveness.

Only God knows the heart of this man Gautama.

God will meet you were you are at, just as you are, from the heart.
God will not meet you through the mind but through the heart.

However the only access evil can enter us is through our minds.
God changes us through our hearts and cleanses our minds from darkness into light.
The mind, the intellect is fallible.

God came for great and small minds.
His understanding comes to ALL through mans heart

Beware of religions that preach the way to reach GOD is through the intellect of the mind.

Love is found in the heart.
The heart is alive through the working of the blood working through and in it, cleansing and purifying it .
God made the heart to receive the blood to pass through it and cleanse it and keep us alive.

Life is in the blood.
The scriptures of the Holy Bible state in Matthew ch26 v28 : Christ Jesus said: For this is My Blood of the new covenant which is shed for many for the remissions of sins.

Christ Jesus shed HIS BLOOD for the atonement of our sins, that only through repentance in HIM are we cleansed to LIFE eternal.

And I believe that God is Merciful and full of Grace.
Finding HIS LOVE , Mercy and Grace is available to ALL who call on HIS name.

Romans ch 10 v 13 For whoever calls upon the name of the LORD shall be saved.

Joel ch2 v32 Thus it shall come to pass that whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved
for in the Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there shall be deliverance. As the Lord has said, Among the remnant whom the Lord calls.

We are free to choose the plan of Gods Salvation through the teaching of the HOLY Bible or not.
God is always there waiting to be in relationship with us.

He gives us the opportunity in the PRESENT to Choose what way to follow.

You can't serve two masters.
You can't walk down two roads at once.
You can't have your cake and eat it to.
You really can't be a christian Buddhist without lying to yourself

--------------

This is my personal say:
 I  believe that we are all given a choice to choose God  in this ONE life that we exist in NOW.
 After which we will have sealed the equations of our life and God will be the depositor of the equation.
Everything will go to the essence it belongs to.
 (God is Light and no darkness can reunite with LIGHT. 1 John 1:5)
The shed Blood of Christ Jesus is our covering to make us acceptable to reunite in GODS LIGHT
I believe Gods LAW of TRUTH LOVE/FORGIVENESS/LIFE/LIGHT
 GOD is a living mathematical LAW/equations that is fixed, eternal and cannot be changed.
Yes every action has a consequence and an end result. I believe we can change the course of our equations here while alive on earth. After this life, our choice will have been  sealed/set.
I recognize through the choices I have made in my life, consequences have followed. I have greatly sinned but do not wish to continue in the former past of my mistakes. So today, I try to seek living in the TRUTH and even with this said I still manage to stumble and make mistakes (but not like before humbling myself before GOD and asking for HIS Mercy& Grace), because I am not perfect and never will be until I reunite back to GOD. The difference is that since humbling myself before God and asking Him to make a home in my heart, today God chastens me quickly. Now when I make a bad choice, because His TRUTH/LOVE/LIGHT lives in my HEART since the time I repented and asked HIM into my heart and life, to be my guide and guardian of my soul, He guides me back to His TRUTH, LOVE & LIGHT.
But I do recognize from my own past experiences, before repenting sincerely to GOD, that the further I drifted away from Gods Truth/Love/Light found in the Holy Bible, the more I drifted away from HIS TRUTH, LOVE LIGHT. Its a very dark place to be without Gods TRUTH,LOVE, LIGHT.
I could feel the darkness of my soul slowly dying. (It was an awful experience, WARNING, that was revealed to me 15 years ago.)
Today I understand that:
You can't serve two masters
like you can't mix water and oil and hope for the two to amalgamate together. By their chemistry, mathematical equation, composition, essence, they will eventually divide and separate from each other as both components are so different like night is different from day. Light from darkness. Light goes with light, darkness with darkness.

God revealed to me more than 15 years ago, that I could loose my soul if I continued drifting away in the darkened path I was stumbling into. In truth, I gave my heart to Christ Jesus as a young child, but drifted away from Gods truth and Christ Jesus like the good shepherd that He IS came to get me back to where I belong.
I also believe God offers to show us all HIS Truth,Love, Light before WE make our own final decision as to what path we take.

--------------

Paul writes about this human condition in
Romans 7:14 For we know that the law is spiritual but I am carnal sold under sin,  v23 but I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members, v24 O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? v25 I thank God- through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, with my mind
I serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin. ch8 :1 Therefore there is no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who,do not walk according to the flesh but according to the spirit. Romans 8:1,2,3,4
There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.
v2, For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.v3 For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His Own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh,
v4 that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.
v5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the spirit, the things of the Spirit.

We are ALL born in sin,
Roman 3: 23 For All have sinned and fall short of the Glory of God.

Psalm 14 The fool has said in his heart
there is no God
They are corrupt,
They have done abominable works,
there is none who does good
v2 The Lord looks down from heaven
upon the children of men
To see if there are any who understand who seek GOD.

With understanding comes the capacity to forgive.

Isaiah53v8
All we like sheep have gone astray; We have turned every one to his own way;
and the Lord has laid on HIM the iniquity of all.
v5 But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities, the chastisement for our peace was upon HIM.

Sin is sin. Small or big it smells the somewhat same. You know and can identify what it is when you see it.
In this world we are born of sin.
No matter how many reincarnations... we are born of sin
No one is born better than the other.
We all are born same in human nature.

This nature is necessary for us to be able to choose to learn from it.

No man is perfect as GOD IS.

God know all our hearts.
Hebrews ch4:12,13
For the WORD of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two- edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart, and there is NO CREATURE hidden from HIS sight, but ALL THINGS are naked and open to the eyes of HIM to whom we must give account.

God knows the intents of mans heart.
I don't.
All I desire to know is GODS TRUTH and to follow it.

The individual soul searching question is do all these religions lead to the same of reuniting with the universal existence of Truth/Love/Light?

This is I think the personal search each human is called to search for deeply and honestly within their soul. Some recognize this calling others don't, but I do believe ALL humans were born with this call to search for soul reconciliation with the TRUTH, what they make of it is THEIR CHOICE.

Its not GOD who creates wars in this world.
We do it to ourselves, our neighbors, by the CHOICE WE CHOOSE to make.

There can only be on equation for truth as there is
one equation for LIGHT
one equation for darkness
one equation for gravity
one equation for oil
one equation for water etc.
ONE equation for TRUTH
LIFE and existence has been formed by masterful equations-LAWS- based on TRUTH /LOVE

God did not make us marionettes, he gave us free choice for us to decide, to choose from.

There is a seductive way that temps and beckons to the whims of the flesh. It is a CHOICE that was placed to beckons us.
Many a times overindulgence in the seductions of the flesh 'lust, ego, pride,' lead to pain, suffering destruction.

It is not God who does it.
we do it to ourselves by the choices we make through the temptations that come to our minds and that we act on.

Yes God allows suffering hopefully for us to choose to turn around to HIM.

We can learn something from suffering if we choose a way of life in overcoming it.
That way is GOD may you seek HIM now.

The world would be a better place if we all chose GOOD over bad.
If we only knew good.
It is only through life experience that we can experience hands on the difference there is in choosing one thing over another.

Human nature has a component in it that is itchy to scratch up to self pleasing indulgence the human itch of the flesh.
That component is PRIDE, self gazing, that manifest itself in different forms
But all forms eventually lead to destruction death.
Because it is self based and not LOVE based.

We need in this life to experience good and bad, the opposites to know and choose and understand the difference one has over the other.

They are both formidable forces that conclude.

Choosing what formidable force to adhere to seals our ONE and only ONE equation to were our final destination will be.

Just this world is a school of learning and everyone is of a different age and place of understanding. Its necessary to be like this for us to learn from it.
  No one is 100% flawless in this life no matter how many incarnations.

Only Christ Jesus was born without sin in Him. His blood came from God, did not mix in the womb with Mary.
The Holy Scriptures of the Holy Bible say He was the only one capable of resisting temptation to sin in the flesh.(Matthew 4:1-11, 1Peter1:19) The essence of Christ Jesus was untainted from man's earth bound essence.
Jesus Christ was offering ALL to come and receive in them LIFE giving LIVING WATER.
This Living water is GODS LAW. ESSENCE of LIGHT/LOVE/LIFE.

This living water cleanses out and away the darkness of destruction that is still part of human nature.
 The HOLY BIBLE says Christ Jesus Is this Living WATER of LIFE John ch4:14

Life and death is in the blood.

Christ Jesus sacrificed Himself on the cross, and shed HIS HOLY=-untainted with sin- untainted BLOOD to be able to cover our sins- flesh nature- with it.

Christ Jesus shed HIS HOLY BLOOD to cover over our sins in order to make us acceptable to God who is also without sin. He is light and no darkness can live in His light. (found in 1John ch 1 v5 : This is the message which we have heard from HIM and declare to you, that GOD is LIGHT and in HIM is no darkness at all.

Christ Jesus, The FATHER and HOLY spirit of GOD are ONE
Christ Jesus talks to the woman of Samaria about HIM being the LIVING WATER.
John ch 4v10 Christ Jesus said:
" If you knew the gift of God and who it is who says to you , Give me a drink, you would have asked Him and He would have given you LIVING WATER."

WATER has 3 variants to its MAIN COMPOSITION/Essence.
1) LIQUID
2) SOLID
3) VAPOR

3 forms but ONE ESSENCE

The 4noble truths leading to the eightfold path, were written with the intent of finding and living in and towards the Source of TRUTH.
In Buddhism you have to earn your way in, by your actions, conduct.
It is an exercise of mind control over matter
rather than heart cleansing repentance and forgiveness through Gods Mercy&Grace revealed within the heart of the man that asks God IN through His plan of LOVE through salvation and grace.
 In Buddhism,past mistakes are not forgiven,
 you have to work your way to the truth by countless actions and reincarnations.
In Christianity we are not saved or forgiven because of our works but through GOD working His Mercy & Grace in our hearts.
God becomes the ONE making HIS home in our hearts and transforming us into HIS WORKMANSHIP (Ephesians ch2 v10 For we are HIS workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which GOD prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.

In Buddhist teachings you get reincarnated many times on earth
The Holy Bible states: It is appointed for man to die ONCE. Hebrew 9:27

The Holy Bible stated: The plan of salvation was accomplished and finished on the Cross at Calvary. Christ Jesus himself said "It is finished" on the Cross after reciting psalm 22 fulfilling prophecy.

The Holy Bible is the only Holy book were prophecy has been fulfilled.
It is a book that was written for ALL intellectual capacities to receive LIFE from within their hearts.

In Christianity, you are to ask GOD first for HIS Mercy-free gift of undeserved forgiveness & Grace=free gift of salvation from death, then and only then can GOD begin to give and reveal within us the LAW of HIS truth that will drive us to do good not because we have to but because we want to, because the spirit of GOD/Truth now lives within us. If you read closely the Holy Bible, we are not saved by our good works, we are saved by GODS Mercy=free gift of undeserved forgiveness and Grace= free gift of salvation from death.
Of course if we go on sinning like before, before finding HIS Truth, than we only deceive ourselves.

We are always given the choice of what path we want to walk on.

There are LAWS that lead to destruction and there are LAWS that lead to LIFE.
It is up to us to find and live by the LAWS that LEAD to LIFE.

Matthew7:13,14 Christ Jesus said: Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it.
v14 Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life and there are few who find it.
Difficult in the sense that we have to let go of our pride to walk with GOD.
Many people find this more difficult than walking on hot coals.

back to Matthew ch7
v15 Christ Jesus said: Beware of false prophets who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves.
v16 Christ Jesus said: You will know them by their fruits, do men gather grapes from thornbushes, figs from thistles?
v18 Christ Jesus said:  A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit.
v19 Christ Jesus said: Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown unto the fire.
v20 Christ Jesus said: Therefore by their fruits you will know them.

I recommend reading ALL of ch10 but for the sake of time ...

John ch 10 v7, 8,9  Christ Jesus said: "Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep.v8 "All who ever came before ME are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them. v9 "I am the door, if anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.

John 14:6 Christ Jesus said: I am the WAY the TRUTH and THE LIFE. No one comes to the FATHER excepts through Me

Christ Jesus spoke so all could understand, but not all have ears to understand.
It is GOD who brings understanding into a persons heart.

Either Christ Jesus was a lunatic liar or he was telling the TRUTH. There can be one or another. It is or it isn't. You cannot pick and choose what you want from what Christ Jesus said.

The Holy bible, Hebrews ch12:8 it says:  Christ Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever.
John 14: 6 Christ Jesus said: I am the way, the truth, the life. No one comes to the father except through Me.

The recording of what Christ Jesus said were written no later than 60-90 AD. ( after HIS crucifixion) John lived around Christ Jesus to be able to correctly record what Christ Jesus said. The same goes for Peter. They both lived with Christ Jesus to be able to testify to Christ Jesus being what He said HE IS. One either believes this or one does not. You can't be lukewarm on this TRUTH. You can't choose two masters.

Matthew ch6:24 Christ Jesus said: "No man can serve two masters, for either he will hate one and love the other or else he will be loyal to one and despise the other. You cannot serve GOD and mammon.

Either Christ Jesus is the only begotten Son of God who shed HIS Blood on the cross of Calvary for the remissions of the sins of ALL who come to HIM for Forgiveness, Mercy & Grace or He is not.

Buddhism from a glance "sounds good" but it is very different from the Truth that Christ Jesus spoke about. So I don't know how one can come to say that they are a practicing Buddhist/Christians as both ways contradict themselves on various fundamental terms i.e. One GOD, one soul, forgiveness, Gods LOVE plan of Mercy & Grace through salvation in HIM, ONE LIFE.
 -Hebrew 9:27:It is appointed for men to die ONCE, but after this, the judgment and not nirvana through reincarnation.

Man of himself/herself is not GOD and cannot reunite back to GOD/LIFE/LOVE without having a close relationship with GOD without first inviting God into their hearts by repentance MERCY & GRACE..
To have a close relationship with GOD is to live by and IN GODS LAWS of LOVE/LIFE. It begins when we repent and ask GOD into our hearts.
God is always patiently waiting.
He is allowing us to make the choice of choosing to have a relationship with HIM or not.

Without God in us we cannot find the way back to HIS eternal LAW of LOVE/LIFE.

Basically I believe that GOD is a living mathematical equation of LIFE/LOVE. THIS equation LAW of LIFE/LOVE, SED-LEX. this law of TRUTH/LOVE does not change. It IS eternal.
I believe that the LAW (liquid) was made himself flesh through Christ Jesus (solid) and that the HOLY SPIRIT of GOD (vapor) is available to come into our hearts and guide us back to HIS LIGHT/LIFE/LOVE. I say -liquid-, -solid-, -vapor- to try and explain Gods essence.
In the scriptures found in the Holy bible many times over it is mentioned, explained God as an eternal spring of  -LIVING WATER- were we are replenished and shall never thirst.

For me, reading scriptures of the Holy Bible, old and new testament, has revealed  to me what I understand to be GODS LAW of TRUTH.
For me the Holy Bible is the BOOK to find TRUTH and to find Gods Grace and salvation.
It makes complete sense to me.

I pray before reading the Holy Bible scriptures and ask God to teach me the meaning of HIS WORD written in the Holy Bible. God when asked reveals HIS LOVE,Meaning,Understanding.

James ch 1 v5: If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of GOD, who GIVES to ALL liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him,

1John ch 2 v 27: But the anointing which you have received from HIM abides in you, and you do not need that anyone teach you, but as the same anointing teaches you concerning ALL things, and is true, and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you will abide in HIM.

2 Timothy ch1 v7 : For GOD has not given us a spirit of fear, but of POWER and of LOVE and of a SOUND MIND.

God gives HIS understanding and wisdom to ALL who SEEK HIM and ASK HIM.

Matthew ch6 v33 Christ Jesus said: "Seek FIRST the kingdom of GOD and HIS righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

2 Timothy ch2 , v16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, v17, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Now, in your eyes I could be wrong, but this is the path that after a lot of pain and soul searching I was finally led to find as my TRUTH my GOD my LIFE in HIM.
The WAY for me it is GODS TRUTH / LOVE/ LIGHT. I have experienced and keep experiencing it working in me as I keep seeking it with all my heart on a daily basis.
It truly is my living water. With Gods LIVNG WATER living in me through GODS HOLY SPIRIT living in me,I am healed of all sorrow and suffering and given peace and love within.
 I am not going to turn away from this truth now that is has been demonstrated, revealed to me in my heart. When I say 'revealed to me' I mean God has shown me, His LOVE, GRACE & MERCY in this life through many different life settings and experiences. He is transforming me. As God works in me and as I seek GODS WILL of TRUTH/HONESTY/LOVE/LIGHT every day, God is helping me become HIS new creation."

2Corinthians ch5:17 If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation.

These life experiences have shown me that there is a GOD that exists outside of myself who loves me and wants me to be in relationship with HIM. And for my life to reunite with GODS, I have to be the one to seek out a relationship with HIM. The way that was shown -revealed to my heart to do this is through coming to God and asking HIM for HIS MERCY & Grace through repentance of my sins and asking GOD into my heart and allowing GOD to guide me now on in my life and on the road that will lead me back HOME to HIM eternal.

Now with all the revelations that have been revealed to me, it still is up to me with HIS help to keep living in that Truth.
Just like water is essential to keep my body alive, Gods LIVING WATER is most essential to keep my heart & soul alive
Evil always comes to steal, kill and destroy.
we are always being tested in this life.
It is called the test of faith/faithfulness
through these tests of faith we grow.
for us to SEE just were our Faith/faithfulness stands or lies in.
Our protection from evil is GOD
and as we grow in faith/faithfulness in HIM
our understanding grows
as well as our capacity to forgive

Does our heart stand in truth?
or does it lie to itself in pride, in the seductions of the intellect through false truths?

Pride is the great stumbling block and is at the root of deception leading to death.
Self gazing gazing at the reflection of self instead of gazing to the reflection of GOD is what caused the original sin to begin.
Pride leads to destruction of life. It is seductive and pleasing to the flesh but it comes to steal, kill and destroy.

Dying to self, to pride, by turning to GOD and laying our sins on the cross with Christ Jesus, is the beginning of walking and living towards the TRUTH.
By the Blood of Christ Jesus, our sins are covered and make us acceptable to reunite in the purity of Gods LIGHT/LOVE.

Life is IN the BLOOD.

All sickness is found in the blood, in the genes, past on from past generation to generation, passing through the blood of man.

God is the ONE who can, heal, restore us back to health, to life. life eternal.
GODS healing is permanent not man-made.
...on earth as it IS in heaven : found in Mathew ch 6  -GODS WILL IS-

One thing that keeps me realigning myself to my faith in God through His only begotten Son Christ Jesus is the miracles and revelations of His Mercy& Grace that I have already seen and received. I was healed by God. No effort of works of mine were done to receive HIS healing in me, just the effort of letting go of my pride. Healing deliverance came from the God of LOVE/LIFE through His only begotten son Christ Jesus. ( that is my personal story, testimonial.) If it came from Buddha, I would have gladly said it did. But It didn't. It came from God through His only begotten Son Christ Jesus. And I am not ashamed to say it. God saved my life through His only begotten Son Christ Jesus. Hallelujah for ever more Amen! Amen! Amen!

So life isn't always easy but when we choose to align ourselves with GODS LAW, He provides for us, the rope, the life saver, the way out of our dilemmas, despair.
God works through HIS WORD found in the Holy Bible, people and circumstances. GOD is our LIFE SAVER, SALVAGING, RESCUING of MENS SOULS from death into LIFE..

Gautama/Buddha questioned why there was suffering and seeked through many physical ascetic practices to find a way to free himself from suffering, but he never seeked outside of himself towards GOD for help. He found a following with whom he developed the four noble truths that lead to the eightfold path into BLISS:  blowout nothingness not even LOVE.

We all ask at some point in our lives,
Why does God allow evil?

Because God allows freedom of choice.

God allows the power of evil to exist for us to find understanding through HIS way, the way out of EVIL, out of darkness and into  TRUTH/LIGHT/LOVE.
It is in forgiving that we are forgiven, in dying to flesh that we are born of the spirit to life and life eternal in HIS presence of TRUTH/LIGHT/LOVE.

Buddhist don't forgive they work very hard at mindful actions that they hope will lead them to the blow-out bliss of nothingness where not even LOVE exists.

God requires Mercy not sacrifice. (Hosea ch 6 v6 : For I desire Mercy and NOT sacrifice, and the knowledge of GOD more than burnt offerings)
Gods YOKE is EASY
GOD is LOVE
God IS MERCIFUL and asks us also to be merciful
Come and ASK HIM into your hearts and you also will SEE.

To be merciful is to be able to grant forgiveness to someone who doesn't deserve forgiveness by the basis of their own merits.

Remember in the Holy Bible it writes about the two prisoners also crucified next to Christ Jesus at Calvary. One cursed Christ Jesus while the other an acknowledged thief whose body & soul was now dying asked Christ Jesus for forgiveness.  Christ Jesus forgave him and said to him, from this time on, you will be with me and my FATHER.
All the man did was repent to Him from the TRUTH within his heart, and GOD forgave.

Pride is the only stumbling block to finding GODS LOVE, MERCY,GRACE
It blinds man from seeing GODS TRUTH.

It also blinds us in receiving from GOD the capacity to forgive ourselves as well as others.

The further we become puffed up, enslaved by pride, the farther away we are walking from GOD, from HIS TRUTH/LIGHT/LOVE
and the less capable we are to understand HOW GODS MERCY works.

According to Holy Bible scripture, you cannot understand history unless you recognize the ugly reality of demonic evil behind history and the bias of man's heart toward evil from birth to death.

As history keeps repeating its mistakes,

In this school of life, chaos and confusion will be permitted to increase until it has been made utterly clear before men, that evil is self consuming and that apart from the WILL of GOD that is, HIS LAW equation of LOVE GRACE MERCY, that no other way can restore order, righteousness and peace to the earth.

And many times throughout history we see that evil has frequently captured the organizations which were founded to defeat it and then used them to its own end.
Very much like
the ideals of LIBERTY-EQUALITY and FRATERNITY analogous to the "glorious revolution of 1688"as it descended into madness of the "Reign of Terror" mostly sedition to Gods equation of LAW TRUTH/LIGHT/LOVE

Love disables hate.

Buddhist believe that both love and hate have to be extinguished to reach  Nirvana/Bliss/blow out nothingness

What is sin?
Any pleasure that jeopardizes the sacred right of another is an illicit pleasure
Real madness is to become a slave to our own flesh desires.

At first glance Buddhism teaches detachment from the flesh but then incorporates acts of the flesh, works of the flesh even esoteric practices and magic, including sex magic to supposedly free himself from it?

Remember the swastika? the Hindu symbol that Hitler reversed ?
The Swastika sun symbol is a powerful magical device still used in Occult Masonic teachings.
It was to replace the Cross in the Nazi's new post Christian Pagan religion, for their occult New World Order.
The idea for the use of the swastika by the Nazis came from a dentist named Dr.Friedrich Krohn who was a member of the secret Germanen order, the Thule Society. Occult circles have long been covers for espionage and influence peddling.The German Workers Party was only one of many associations founded and controlled by the Thule society. The Thule was the "mother" to the German Socialist Party, led by Julius Streicher, and the right wing radical Oberland Free Corps. Hitler became the most prominent personality in that party. Krohn produced the design for the actual form in which the Nazis came to use the symbol, that is reversed, spinning in an anti-clockwise direction. As a solar symbol, the swastika is properly though of as a spinning, and the Buddhists have always believed the symbol attracted luck. The sanskrit word "swastika" means good fortune and well being. According to Cabbalistic lore and occult theory, chaotic force can be evoked by reversing the symbol. And so the symbol appeared as the flag of Nazi Germany and the insignia of the Nazi party, and indication for those who had eyes to see, as the occult nature of the Third Reich.

Hitler and his team members adopted many esoteric practices. Hitler dedicated "Mein Kampf to  Dietrich Eckart who groomed Hitler for his role as dictator. Dietrich Eckart was a wealthy publisher and editor in chief of an anti-semetic journal. Eckart was also a committed occultist and belonged to the inner circle of the Thule Society as well as other esoteric orders. Many of those occult practices were based on the teachings of the Sufis and the Tibetan Lamas.

In some Buddhist sects occult practices are encouraged.
In the Holy Bible it is stated quite clearly that occult practices are an abomination that lead away from GODS TRUTH/LOVE/LIGHT.
Look up for yourself Leviticus ch19 v31 Give no regard to mediums and familiar spirits, do not seek after them, to be defiled by them: I AM the LORD YOUR GOD ch29 v 6 And the person who turns after mediums and familiar spirits, to prostitute himself with them, I will set MY face against that person and cut him off from his people.

Leviticus ch20 v7 Sanctify yourselves therefore before the LORD your GOD, and be holy, for I am the LORD your GOD.

We are to place our TRUST in GOD ALONE and have no other idols in HIS place,He will guide us and show us the way.The occult practices of this world lead us away from GODs LOVE/LIGHT/LAW.

Romans ch 12 v2 : And do not be conformed to this world, but be TRANSFORMED by the renewing of your mind that you may prove what is that  good and acceptable and perfect will of GOD.
1John ch2 v15, 16
Do not love the world or the things in the world, if anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
v16 For all that is in the world- the lust of the flesh,the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life- is not of the Father but is of the world. And the world is passing away, and the lust of it; but  he who does the will of GOD abides forever.

1John ch 3  v1 Behold what manner of LOVE the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called children of GOD!. Therefore the world does not know us, because it did not know HIM.

2 Corinthians ch 5 v17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away, behold, all things have become new.

If man cleaves to that which is evil, both individually and corporately, in unrighteousness he holds down the good.

Nowhere is this more clearly seen than at Calvary. In the fulness of the times, God sent His only begotten SON into the world. Incarnate LOVE walked among men but they despised and rejected His message of LOVE. " They cried all again saying. Not this man, but Barabbas. Now Barabbas was a thief and a murderer.
In ALL man's history there is nothing more disastrous than this, to choose a thief, murderer in the place of Christ.

Buddha by all looks and appearances does not look at first glance to fit the ideals of a thief and murderer,
but at the same time his teachings and ideals do not teach about GOD or GODS LOVE.

Gods Love brings us into fellowship with GOD.
God is LIFE/LAW of TRUTH/LOVE

If GOD truly is LIFE/LOVE/ the LAW of TRUTH and If Buddhas teachings do not teach about GODS LAW of LIFE and TRUTH and LOVE what does it make him to be?.

To me it is clear, it makes him and his religion, philosophy a path to steal, kill and destroy mans soul through misleading them away from acknowledging that there IS - ONE GOD- and that we need GOD in our lives to find our way back to HIM.

The world in which we live in is an arrogant,pleasure-loving, wicked and seductive world which without Gods Grace in the heart of man, when chips fall down, will always choose that which is evil and turn away from what is good.

Love God first, before any thing, place, person, then love your neighbor as yourself.
On this stands all the LAWS/commandments of GOD.

In the Torah- 5 books of Moses-,/Holy Bible
Moses wrote 613 laws
David reduced them to 15
Isaiah comes down to 11
Micah brings them down to 3: To do justice, love mercy, and to walk humby before God.

When Christ Jesus was asked what is the GREATEST commandment?
Christ Jesus did not give ONE, Christ Jesus  gave them TWO,
Because they are inextricably bound.
Ones gives you the basis for the next and the second gives you the imperative from the first.

1) to Love God the Lord your God with all your soul, all your strength and all your mind
and 2) to love your neighbor as yourself.

In its broadest terms and whatever purpose one establishes, violating these two commandments is choosing to walk away from what is good, it is CHOOSING to turn away from GODS LOVE.

What is sin? In short anything that increases the authority and the power of the flesh over the spirit becomes sin however good it is in itself.

The eight fold path teaches about the bondage's of the flesh and how to reach nirvana through practicing detachment of all the lusts of the flesh and only through the process of reincarnation does one eventually find nirvana, bliss, blow out -nothingness- In Buddhism there is no forgiveness for past mistakes, you have to work yourself toward better Karma by your actions and good deeds and in some sects of Buddhism through tantric esoteric practices.

How does this reincarnation work if we are ALL born with a sinful nature every time we are born?

The Holy Bible states that sin is sin, big or small, it is still sin. You can replace the word sin with another and perhaps see more clearly that big or small they both are of the same nature.
The Holy Bible states that we are not saved by good actions and deeds, various ascetic practices, intellectual practices , BUT by Gods plan of Mercy and Grace. If not the whole reasoning behind Gods plan of LOVE, Mercy and Grace in HIS only begotten Christ Jesus would be senseless.

Romans ch11 v29 For the gifts and the calling of GOD are irrevocable

Its not about what you do
Its about WHO you know

Who you know will guide you
to what you do

Seek HIM with ALL your heart and GOD will guide you back to HIM.

God is omniscient/omnipotent SEES all things in TRUTH
sees how you behave towards all things.
Is it in unselfish love?
Is it in unselfish forgiveness?

Is it in self seeking pride?
is it in hate?

God KNOWS who you are, where your heart is at.
God calls the final shot , is the depository of man's soul.

My prayer is that your soul return to the ONE GOD of LOVE. In Gods only begotten Son Christ Jesus through HIS blood atonement for the sins of mankind. I pray this for you, your soul and that of your families. AMEN! AMEN! AMEN!

So in response to saying : I am a Christian Buddhists? With comparing each one to another I hope some LIGHT has been shed .

God Bless;

•  
Edited by 1to3

2 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Abby when you made mention of the eight.   revelation came to mind .....................remember the eighth king that is of the seven .   read revelation again.

Yes, reread what I wrote. I mentioned the book of Revelation... ;)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

25 minutes ago, Abby-Joy said:

Yes, reread what I wrote. I mentioned the book of Revelation... ;)

I love you sister .     You just praise the Lord . 

• Thumbs Up 1