• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

On 3/19/2018 at 4:39 PM, MorningGlory said:

I'm not going to address your unnecessarily long post, Quasar.  Except for the above.  There may have been civilizations before Adam, I don't dispute that nor do I dispute science.  But, since the Bible only addresses the world from Genesis forward, the rest is not relevant to our faith.  And, btw, there is absolutely NO reason to quote yourself and post that long, long, long post a second time. Brevity will get people to read what you post; posting a million word diatribe will not.

I agree about this stuff not being relevant.I could not care less about what happened before Adam. It makes

no difference——Adam was different——God breathed His life into Adam. Anything before Adam  meant nothing.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  41,072
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

6 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

The Bible is not clear on whether there were beings before us....just that WE are created in His image and the world around us was created for US.   If there was a world before ours, so what?  If there was, God took it away and created this one. That possibility in no way contradicts the Bible; which documents the creation of us and this world.

Because you have God sanctifying, rebellion, sin, death and destruction... 

1 John 1:5
5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.
KJV

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

4 hours ago, enoob57 said:

5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.
KJV

And what is interesting is that we are surrounded by light as a fish is surrounded by water. :)

Guest shiloh357
11 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

The Bible is not clear on whether there were beings before us....just that WE are created in His image and the world around us was created for US.   If there was a world before ours, so what?  If there was, God took it away and created this one. That possibility in no way contradicts the Bible; which documents the creation of us and this world.

It does matter, though.  It matters because the theory being proposed is that there was a race of human being prior to us that were destroyed to extinction, and that contradicts the redemptive nature of God revealed to us and it means that sin didn't start with Adam as Scripture says, but pre-dates Adam.  Those are serious problems theologically if that theory were true. 

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Content Per Day:  2.11
  • Days Won:  4

10 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

It matters because the theory being proposed is that there was a race of human being prior to us that were destroyed to extinction, and that contradicts the redemptive nature of God

I would suggest that hominids that resembled humans, but without the possibility of a spiritual connect with God, would be in no more need of redemption than a starfish. Adam and Eve were the beginning of that potential for spiritual connection. They were also the beginning of the consequences incurred if that connection is broken.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

16 hours ago, enoob57 said:

KJV

Steven, I'm not sure why you are not reading what I wrote.  I agree that God is the Creator and that we are made in His  image.  Any beings that existed before man, if they did exist, would not have had souls therefore they would not be involved in the sin, rebellion and all of that.  Much as animals are not.  Jesus died to save US, mankind, and no one else.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

Steven, I'm nor sure why you are not reading what I wrote.  I agree that God is the Creator and that we are made in His  image.  Any beings that existed before man, if they did exist, would not have had souls therefore they would not be involved in the sin, rebellion and all of that.  Much as animals are not.  Jesus died to save US, mankind, and no one else.

I have read what you wrote I am merely explaining why I can't go there with you!
Before man is not Biblically supported and that is the very fact... there are three positions: Scripture only, Scripture plus imagination, imagination only... it is interesting to note this passage

2 Cor 10:5
5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;
KJV

so if your going to be fully obedient to The Spirits leading... you will place yourself on the Scripture only.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

48 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

I have read what you wrote I am merely explaining why I can't go there with you!
Before man is not Biblically supported and that is the very fact... there are three positions: Scripture only, Scripture plus imagination, imagination only... it is interesting to note this passage

2 Cor 10:5
5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;
KJV

so if your going to be fully obedient to The Spirits leading... you will place yourself on the Scripture only.

I AM Scripture only.  I didn't say I absolutely believe there was civilization before man; I'm saying that if there was it would make no difference because our story with God begins with Genesis.  There WERE hominids before us, that's proven by remains that have been found, but they were not our species and did not have souls.  That would make all beings except man not subject to sin/rebellion or salvation,

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

I AM Scripture only.  I didn't say I absolutely believe there was civilization before man; I'm saying that if there was it would make no difference because our story with God begins with Genesis.  There WERE hominids before us, that's proven by remains that have been found, but they were not our species and did not have souls.  That would make all beings except man not subject to sin/rebellion or salvation,

your failing to see the theological issue of death before sin... God says
Rom 5:12
12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:
KJV

The fact that death had not entered the existing world till this point... period.... and we must bring our thought process under this authority. Dating methods are as of now faith based on interpretation of results https://answersingenesis.org/age-of-the-earth/dating-methods/

You can throw you Bible away if pre-Genesis exist... because you have God sanctifying death a direct result of sin.
  • Thumbs Up 2

Guest shiloh357
6 hours ago, one.opinion said:

I would suggest that hominids that resembled humans, but without the possibility of a spiritual connect with God, would be in no more need of redemption than a starfish. Adam and Eve were the beginning of that potential for spiritual connection. They were also the beginning of the consequences incurred if that connection is broken.

The problem is that what you suggest is not what the theory states.   And God doesn't judge non-humans for sin, as non-humans are not made in the image of God.   You can't go back and revise the theory in order to avoid the problem it presents, theology.    

The gap theory is one where a race of human beings were judged by God into extinction.   God only judges sin.  So if that theory is true, sin and death existed before Adam in contradiction to the New Testament which states that sin started with Adam.  The Bible doesn't offer any alternative origins for sin.

The other problem is that the Hebrew grammar of Gen. 1:2, a vav-disjunctive, makes it impossible for the Gap theory to be true.   There was no pre-adamite earth, no pre-adamite race of humans, nothing.  No humans ever existed before Adam and Eve. The Gap theory is sloppy, junk theology.  

Adam and eve are presented in the Bible has the first human beings ever to walk the earth, ever to exist and were made in God's image and in His likeness and we simply have to swallow our pride and believe what the Bible says instead of trying to find ways around what the Bible says.