• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

38 minutes ago, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

The bible is pretty clear in Col 2:

13And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

14Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

That is ALL sin, yesterday, today and forever. Even if we die with "unconfessed" sin. So the idea that we will have unconfessed sin as all of us will, and have to answer to that before God is wrong. We can only confess our sins while we yet live.

1 John 1:9 is speaking of those who yet still live

John Gill commentary (I use several writers but this is a good one

1 John 1:9

If we confess our sins
Not to one other; for though it is our duty to confess our faults to our fellow creatures and fellow Christians which are committed against them, yet are under no obligation to confess such as are more immediately against God, and which lie between him and ourselves; or at least it is sufficient to confess and acknowledge in general what sinful creatures we are, without entering into particulars; for confession of sin is to be made to God, against whom it is committed, and who only can pardon: and a man that truly confesses his sin is one that the Spirit of God has convinced of it, and has shown him its exceeding sinfulness, and filled him with a godly sorrow for it, and given him repentance unto salvation, that needeth not to be repented of; and who, under such a sight and sense of sin, and concern for it, comes and acknowledges it before the Lord, humbly imploring, for Christ's sake, his pardoning grace and mercy; and such obtain it:

he is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins:
forgiveness of sin here intends not the act of forgiveness, as in God, proceeding upon the bloodshed and sacrifice of Christ, which is done at once, and includes all sin, past, present, and to come; but an application of pardoning grace to a poor sensible sinner, humbled under a sense of sin, and confessing it before the Lord; and confession of sin is not the cause or condition of pardon, nor of the manifestation of it, but is descriptive of the person, and points him out, to whom God will and does make known his forgiving love; for to whomsoever he grants repentance, he gives the remission of sin; in doing of which he is faithful to his word of promise

I use SwordSearcher software and it has a number of expositors including John Gill (he's a good one also I use). It's a wealth of opinion and commentary for the money. One thing I find interesting about all the excellent commentators such as Gill, Barns, Calvin, Clarke, Matthew Henry, Scofield, etc. They seldom agree on any particular topic or Bible verse. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0

21 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

I use SwordSearcher software and it has a number of expositors including John Gill (he's a good one also I use). It's a wealth of opinion and commentary for the money. One thing I find interesting about all the excellent commentators such as Gill, Barns, Calvin, Clarke, Matthew Henry, Scofield, etc. They seldom agree on any particular topic or Bible verse. 

Well I dont agree with that from what I have read but this is getting too off topic.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0

23 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

I'm praying wolly takes this to heart and seriously seeks the Lord's guidance and peace.

I too have lingering feelings of guilt, not expecting it and the what "IF's". It hurts so deeply to lose a loved one by his or her selfish actions. Not to mention the finality of it all, except for the surviving loved ones whom have to live with it the rest of our lives. I have to take comfort in lead not to your own understanding, and all thing work for good for those who love the Lord. Else I may not be able to bear it.

One thing I forgot to mention about the guy I told you of who shot himself, is sometime later I heard along the grapevine that his empty house mysteriously caught fire and burned down.

But to sum it all up, (for a thread that is probably going to get shut down now), with what you and I were just discussing, is that you have only this life to repent, be forgiven, turn and be saved. Its very likely to me that this young man wasnt saved and if he really went through with it...well...I dont think I need to say it.

Edited by TheMatrixHasU71