• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,789
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

There are only two types of people that will stand before The Lord: those who by grace have given back their lives by His purchase of them and others who have kept their lives for themselves... The action your considering is one who's life has been kept for themselves.... 

Seven Scriptural Reasons to Say No to Suicide, 
(from Hope for the Heart Biblical Counseling Library © 2006 by Hope for the Heart.)
Reason #1:
Suicide rejects God's offer of inner peace.
Phil 4:5-7
 6 Don't worry about anything, but in everything, through prayer and petition with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. 7 And the peace of God, which surpasses every thought, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Reason #2:
Suicide rejects God's sovereignty over the length of your life.
Ps 139:13
13 For it was You who created my inward parts;
You knit me together in my mother's womb.

Ps 139:16
16 Your eyes saw me when I was formless;
all my days were written in Your book and planned
before a single one of them began.

Reason #3:
Suicide rejects God's right to be Lord over your life.
1 Cor 6:19-20
19 Do you not know that your body is a sanctuary of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, 20 for you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body.

Reason #4:
Suicide rejects God's commandment not to murder.
Deut 5:17
17 Do not murder.

Reason #5:
Suicide rejects God's ability to heal your hurts.
Jer 17:14
14 Heal me, Lord, and I will be healed;
save me, and I will be saved,
for You are my praise.

Reason #6:
Suicide rejects God's plan to give you hope.
Jer 29:11-12
11 For I know the plans I have for you"—this is the Lord's declaration—"plans for your welfare, not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.

Reason #7:
Suicide rejects God's power already in you to make you godly.
2 Peter 1:3-4
3 For His divine power has given us everything required for life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and goodness. 4 By these He has given us very great and precious promises, so that through them you may share in the divine nature, escaping the corruption that is in the world because of evil desires.

(from Hope for the Heart Biblical Counseling Library © 2006 by Hope for the Heart.)
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  40,789
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

6 hours ago, wolly said:

Why would you pray for me when I deceived others and lied to others that I am good at different subjects?What if God hates me and wants to condemn me to eternal suffering?What have I ever done to Him?

Something you might not be aware of: You are unique in your being - as there is not another you for all eternity... God has set this reality upon the print of your hand and uniqueness of person that you are! If by your choice you place yourself in eternal separation from God~ we all who are with Him forever shall suffer in this loss....  Love, Steven

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  686
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

8 hours ago, wolly said:

What is the punishment for this sin?

If I knew I'd be forgiven, I'd love to be with God, but no one knows.

James chapter 4 verse 12

There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the one who is able to save and destroy. But you--who are you to judge your neighbor?

I'm not saying your judging your neighbor, that's just what the rest of the verse said.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  419
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

21 hours ago, wolly said:

Is hell my only option?

No, it is not. That is why we have Jesus. He is the way to heaven. 

Your questions, thoughts and situations are not yours alone. Many have similar situations as you.

My suggestion would be to develop a stronger relationship with Jesus. Speak with him, listen to him, become a close friend of his. The more you do this the better equipped you will be to navigate through this world.

This world is filled with many stresses, disappointments and misguided people. Jesus is above it and them all.

Man, meaning  your father, friends, enemies and even people here on this site, can only give you their thoughts, views and interpretations, but Jesus is above them all.

Please take the time to speak and listen with him. He is the way and can give you all you need to endure.

Do not only seek him through the bible. Speak with him directly.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  131
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

We've all kind of been there. Petty or mean people weighing us down, worldly concerns like income... You live to work rather than working to live, all the while not making all that much, all the while dealing with people you rather dislike with friends few and far between, if any. An endless cycle of sleep, work, stress, sleep, work, etc all leading up to a heart attack or some random mugger to blast your brains out of your noggin. It can all seem so meaningless.

Do not envy the wicked, for their life is in this life. If things are rough, it is good. We shouldn't be overly concerned with this world. You could pay them any amount of money for a debt and it would never be enough; heck, if they know you have money, they want it for themselves even more. People are going to be mean and petty about things, because they chase after temporary pleasures rather than actual happiness. They make a decent amount of money and that feels nice... But that feeling fades. They have a meaningless one night stand with a stranger and it relieves them... But it feels empty and so they must seek out more sex just to try and not experience that emptiness afterwards. Those who sow in tears reap in happiness; that is why a righteous life must be a difficult one. Do not chase after the temporary pleasures of the wicked, as they do not lend to happiness, but are rather a means to the grave. The meaning to this life, our mortal one, is to seek out our second life, the one that comes after.

As for whether someone who commits suicide goes to hell, i'd like to think it would depend on the individual's reasons. Then again, it doesn't quite matter what I think, as I am just a man; most things point towards it being a sinful denial of the gift of life. As for praying, I think what comes from it can be a bit of a mixed bag. As they say, God can be a bit hidden; otherwise, it would be too easy. If you ask, what must I do, would not simply telling you also be too easy? It is a matter of learning and growing. Instead, ask the lord that he heal your heart and mind, and with time and hope, you will notice a difference.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

23 hours ago, wolly said:

Is suicide a grave sin?

It is a passport to hell, with no chance of going back.

"Whoever hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him." - 1 John 3:15

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Days Won:  5

Transitioning out of childhood into adulthood can be a painful stressful time son, I remember it well.  Please don't think that what you're feeling is even a reflection of the truth......do not listen to your feelings, they are temporary and transitory and often lie or exaggerate.  In time you will feel better, it will get easier, even if you do nothing else but wait it out, the worst of this angst will pass.......and you CAN turn to the Lord anytime for help.   We don't need to be perfect to come to Jesus, just be honest with Him, that's all.  And do you know that God said if your mother and father forsake you, then I (HE) will take you up.  You can cast your cares upon Him, for He cares for you....you just go ahead and spill your heart out to Him and He will listen and take your burden away, and give you His peace instead.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  31
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

So you mean that waiting is the only thing that I can do?Praying and repentance don't seem to have an effect.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  419
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

31 minutes ago, wolly said:

So you mean that waiting is the only thing that I can do?Praying and repentance don't seem to have an effect.

Not waiting. Building and growing with Jesus. He has knowledge way beyond this world. Learning from him will teach you that the matters of this world are not worth you taking your life.

Maybe the praying and repentance has already been accepted and now Jesus is waiting for you to just sit down and talk to him. Completely, openly and wholeheartedly just speak with him and listen.

Sometimes we over think things when we just simply need to sit and speak with him. Just as you would a trusted friend but he is way greater.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Days Won:  5

20 minutes ago, wolly said:

You just keep seeking Him then, wolly.......and yes, yes, wait out the darkness, that is exactly right.....and if you are seeking the Lord, then it is actually not even just waiting but it is waiting upon Him.  And He has promised that the soul who waits upon the Lord will mount up with wings as an eagle.  He is not a man that He should lie......our faith gets tested and tried though, and the devil lies to our mind and feelings, it might take a little while, but you just persevere as long as it takes and keep praying, and trust Jesus and you will see that one day things WILL start to turn around.  It just will.....and you might not even realize it at first, until one day it will dawn on you..."hey wait a minute, things don't seem so dark any more, geez I can't even remember the last time I felt bleak like that".  You just hang in there with Jesus.....you are not alone because He is there, and He is faithful to His word.  Take it one day at a time, His grace is for today, each day, don't even think about tomorrow.  One day as you just keep putting one foot in front of the other and keep walking you will find that a lot of stuff just gets left behind in the dust of the past, just gone.  Because Jesus has walked you through it.  Maybe start reading the bible, just a little at a time, and ask the Lord to start talking to you and encouraging you from His word.

• Thumbs Up 1