Is suicide a grave sin?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  31
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I had thoughts about drowning myself for 2 months and I didn't know if God will forgive you if you complete this act.I heard a lot of rumors that if you kill yourself you will not go to heaven and you will spend in hell for all eternity.Is that true?The bible is not helping me at all and the only quote that I found was from the ten comandments:Do not kill!Does that include yourself?Also if suicide was caused by stress,anxiety and panic attacks will you be forgiven?What is the punishment for this sin?

• Praying! 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

Suicide is just a worldly term for murdering ones self, whereas homicide is a term for murdering another.  In either case, it is wrong, so the bible is giving you the proper answer.  My advice is that you turn to Jesus, whatever it is that is troubling you, He can handle it.  Whatever it is that overwhelms you, it is not too much for Him.

Your life is a gift, use it to do good things, don't throw it away.  Praying for you.

God bless

• This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

This might sound silly, but you said something in the first sentence. Will God forgive me. Yes but you need to ask him for forgiveness and in order to ask God for forgiveness  would mean you would need to be alive to ask him.

14 minutes ago, wingnut- said:

Praying for you.

God bless

Why would you pray for me when I deceived others and lied to others that I am good at different subjects?What if God hates me and wants to condemn me to eternal suffering?What have I ever done to Him?

I suffered from stomach nerves when I went to a camp and told them that I wanted to be an electrician.I never wanted that.The activities were dull and my teammates were dumb.I didn't know what to do anymore.No one ever asked me how I feel!I hated that camp and besides that stress killed me spiritually and physically and I prayed for a few times but nothing,nothing appeared to comfort me.My father told me that I'm a sinner and I don't deserve salvation.

I'm a very sensible person but no one in my family gives a crap about me.Is hell my only option?

I was thinking of drowning.Is drowning a sin?I didn't specify at first how I wanted to take my life.

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

35 minutes ago, wolly said:

Why would you pray for me when I deceived others and lied to others that I am good at different subjects?What if God hates me and wants to condemn me to eternal suffering?What have I ever done to Him?

Luke 5:31 And Jesus answered them, “Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. 32 I have not come to call the righteous but sinners to repentance.”

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,803
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

Wolly, are you looking for permission to kill yourself?  I can't give you that and won't give you that.

The only sin that sends a person to hell is the rejection of Jesus Christ.  Are you a Christian?  Are you under the atonement of his blood?  Have you confessed your sins to God and asked him save you?  

OK, so you've lied.  We all lie.  The Bible says that everybody lies.  Psalm 12.  That doesn't excuse us from lying and you should go to God for that.

No, hell is not your only option.  Heaven is definitely with reach.  Jesus died for our sins.  God raised him from the dead on the third day.  That fact is ours to believe, confess, and live under.

I'll be praying.

Guest Butero
3 hours ago, wolly said:

I had thoughts about drowning myself for 2 months and I didn't know if God will forgive you if you complete this act.I heard a lot of rumors that if you kill yourself you will not go to heaven and you will spend in hell for all eternity.Is that true?The bible is not helping me at all and the only quote that I found was from the ten comandments:Do not kill!Does that include yourself?Also if suicide was caused by stress,anxiety and panic attacks will you be forgiven?What is the punishment for this sin?

The church is divided over this question.  I believe those that commit suicide spend eternity in hell.  Why would you want to kill yourself?  

Guest Butero
3 hours ago, wolly said:

I suffered from stomach nerves when I went to a camp and told them that I wanted to be an electrician.I never wanted that.The activities were dull and my teammates were dumb.I didn't know what to do anymore.No one ever asked me how I feel!I hated that camp and besides that stress killed me spiritually and physically and I prayed for a few times but nothing,nothing appeared to comfort me.My father told me that I'm a sinner and I don't deserve salvation.

I'm a very sensible person but no one in my family gives a crap about me.Is hell my only option?

None of us deserve salvation, but Jesus loves you and will save you if you ask him to.  Ask God the Father to forgive you of your sins and ask Jesus to come into your heart and save you.  Then follow him.  I don't care how bad things look, suicide is not the answer.