IGNORED

Is it true that Jesus' story similar with Horus, god of sun and Roman didnt take any notes about Him?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

36. Horus is known as KRST, the anointed one. Jesus was known as the Christ (which means “anointed one”).

Among the names of Horus are: Horus the Elder, Mekhenty-er-irty "He who has no eyes", Khenty-irty "He who has eyes", Horus the Child, Horus the Younger, Great God, Chief of the Powers, Master of Heaven, Avenger of His Father. There are no references to Horus as the anointed one.

37. Both Jesus and Horus have been called the good shepherd, the lamb of God, the bread of life, the son of man, the Word, the fisher, and the winnower.

These are not names of Horus. See above for names of Horus.

38. Both are associated with the zodiac sign of Pisces (the fish).

The Egyptians had a different set of constellations and names. Pisces is not one of them. 

39. Both are associated with the symbols of the fish, the beetle, the vine, and the shepherd’s crook.

The beetle is associated with resurrection and Osiris, not Horus. Fish and vine are not symbols of Horus. The shepherds crook is a symbol of the pharaohs and the crook and flail is associated with Osiris. Jesus is not associated with the beetle.

40. Horus was born in Anu (”the place of bread”) and Jesus was born in Bethlehem (”the house of bread”).

First you claim Horus was born in a cave, then you claim he was born in Anu. Egyptian mythology says Horus was born on a floating island of reeds in the swamps of Khemnis in the Nile Delta.

41. “The infant Horus was carried out of Egypt to escape the wrath of Typhon. The infant Jesus was carried into Egypt to escape the wrath of Herod. Concerning the infant Jesus, the New Testament states the following prophecy: ‘Out of Egypt have I called my son.’”

Typhon is a Greek god, not a god of Egypt. Horus was not removed from Egypt to escape anyone’s wrath. Horus was raised in secrecy in Egypt by Isis to be kept safe against Set.

42. Both were transfigured on the mount.

There is no such event in the mythology of Horus.

43. The catacombs of Rome have pictures of the infant Horus being held by his mother, not unlike the modern-day images of “Madonna and Child.”

Early Christians deferred some of her attributes to the Virgin Mary. As a loving and protective mother, Isis appealed to the Eastern peoples who were familiar with her cult. The images of Isis suckling the Horus child undoubtedly inspired the multitude of icons showing the Madonna and Child. The adoration of Mary isn’t in scripture. The artist tradition of Madonna and child have no bearing on the truth of Jesus. Many such artistic traditions are spawned from other cultures. The earliest art of the Christians showed fish, grapes and things like that, not Madonna and child.

44. Noted English author C. W. King says that both Isis and Mary are called “Immaculate”.

I found nothing that says Isis is called immaculate. CW King is an authority in non specific art, a collector of gems, and someone who wrote books on many topics. He favored Gnostic writings. He is not an expert on Egyptology.

45. Horus says: “Osiris, I am your son, come to glorify your soul, and to give you even more power.” And Jesus says: “Now is the Son of Man glorified and God is glorified in him. If God is glorified in him, God will glorify the Son in himself, and will glorify him at once.”

Horus was known for avenging his father Osiris, not for glorifying him. Nor did Horus give him more power. Osiris was lord of the underworld.

My information was obtained over the course of years of study from articles, books on ancient egypt from prominent archaeologists (such as zahi hawass) etc.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Newbie
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, ayin jade said:

My information was obtained over the course of years of study from articles, books on ancient egypt from prominent archaeologists (such as zahi hawass) etc.

Thank you for long answers about Horus. But, how about my second question there? " And, secondly, he stated that The Empire of Roman was taking note about everything that happened on that time, but then, the story of Jesus Christ on the cross wasnt on that Roman's note, instead they wrote about the chicken thief. I mean, The Empire of Roman wrote everything, even about the chicken thief, but why dont they write about Jesus Christ, the greatest man on that era? " Did u have any idea too about that? Thanks :))

2 minutes ago, clarademoya said:

Thank you for long answers about Horus. But, how about my second question there? " And, secondly, he stated that The Empire of Roman was taking note about everything that happened on that time, but then, the story of Jesus Christ on the cross wasnt on that Roman's note, instead they wrote about the chicken thief. I mean, The Empire of Roman wrote everything, even about the chicken thief, but why dont they write about Jesus Christ, the greatest man on that era? " Did u have any idea too about that? Thanks :))

I never heard that the thief was a chicken thief. There is nothing online that I can find that says the thief is a chicken thief. Nor can I find any information online that rome wrote about the thieves on the cross either. 

As far as rome was concerned, Jesus was not the greatest man in that era. So why would they make a big deal about it? 

Tacitus wrote about Christ. He was a roman senator and historian. Josephus wrote about Jesus too. 

Also consider how few writings from ancient times ever survive. Great works of literature from that time period have been lost with a rare mention in other records that they ever existed. Entire cities are lost to time. It is not surprising that there is little in the historical roman record about Jesus. 

Thing is, the true record of Jesus is in the bible. Not in roman records. The bible is where the Lord left us knowledge and testimony about Jesus.

Have you read the bible?

• Group:  Newbie
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

3 hours ago, ayin jade said:

"Have you read the bible?"

Is that suppose to offend me? If its suppose to then thats not a good way to answer others questions. Wkwkwk. I just want to know perspective from bible experts so that if someday non-believer said the same thing like this, I can explain the answer since I'm still a student. Thank you btw. Jesus bless.

1 hour ago, Clarademoya98 said:

Is that suppose to offend me? If its suppose to then thats not a good way to answer others questions. Wkwkwk. I just want to know perspective from bible experts so that if someday non-believer said the same thing like this, I can explain the answer since I'm still a student. Thank you btw. Jesus bless.

It was not intended to insult you. It was a genuine question. I wanted to know if you had read it so I could understand your knowledge base in any responses I made.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

On 3/18/2018 at 10:03 PM, Clara Demoya said:

Hi, guys. I just read one of an atheist answer when someone asked him to get know more about Jesus Christ. He answered that the story of Jesus Christ is similar with the story of Horus, god of sun, who was born 10 ages before Jesus. And, secondly, he stated that The Empire of Roman was taking note about everything that happened on that time, but then, the story of Jesus Christ on the cross wasnt on that Roman's note, instead they wrote about the chicken thief. I mean, The Empire of Roman wrote everything, even about the chicken thief, but why dont they write about Jesus Christ, the greatest man on that era? Thank you :)

PS: please answer my questions with facts (scientifically approved or maybe historicaly approved) + please attach any sources that support your critical answer :)

There is a good book to read, TWO BABYLONS by Alexander Hyslop. It came out in the 1850s but its still fairly easily available on Amazon or Ebay. Well worth reading.

One of the things is talks about s how pagan religions BORROW from the one true source especially since Noah's and Abraham's descendants spread far and wide, taking bible prophecy with them

And 'chicken thief'? Dont know where you heard that one. The good thief on the cross was actually probably a murderer who took part in an insurrection. And the Roman Empire did not write the New Testament. Its easy to look up online the real history of the bible, and references to the oldest biblical texts.

https://www.ucg.org/beyond-today/beyond-today-magazine/earliest-new-testament-manuscript-fragment-discovered

That one is about the oldest gospel of John fragment, dating somewhere between AD 115 and AD 125. Its a possibility too that there may be an even older fragment, of the gospel of Mark.....

https://www.ucg.org/beyond-today/beyond-today-magazine/earliest-new-testament-manuscript-fragment-discovered

Here is a brief outline of the real history of the bible

http://www.christianitytoday.com/history/issues/issue-43/how-we-got-our-bible-christian-history-timeline.html

Edited by TheMatrixHasU71

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

On 3/19/2018 at 3:38 AM, clarademoya said:

On 3/18/2018 at 10:58 PM, ayin jade said:

And Zahi Hawass, well, he is one of the top experts on Egyptian archaeology but he is also a MUSLIM. Not a good source to go to for the history of Christianity

Edited by TheMatrixHasU71
fixing grammar errors, darn clumsy fingers, argh

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,776
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

On 3/19/2018 at 1:38 AM, clarademoya said:

clara,

The burden of proof is on this atheist who made he claims, not you or anyone else.

You've gotten answers here about Horus from myself and another member.   I had that answer at hand because I have given it before.  I didn't see the part about the chicken thief until just now.

I'm not even going to attempt to look up that answer.  Why?

• Let's say that the thief on the cross next to Christ was a chicken thief.  [The Bible doesn't say.]  If, by his assertion that the Romans did not document Christ's crucifixion, how does this atheist KNOW that this  particular chicken thief was the one Christians speak of when accounting of the two thieves on the cross.  It. makes. no. sense.
  • In other words, if there was not Christ Jesus dying on the cross for a reference point, then there is not thief who died beside him.  This particular chicken thief was just one of tens of thousands of people crucified for various reasons.
  • Again, in other words,  - no Jesus, no thief in particular.  Why does this atheist pinpoint this particular thief if there was no Jesus crucified?

This person who denies Christ made the accusation.  He has to PROVE that there is a connection between this particular thief and Christ for him to say the thief in the Bible was recorded, but not Jesus.  AND by claiming that the thief of the Bible was recorded, but not Jesus, then he has no connection to prove his assertion.

For us to research and try to find an answer is pointless, but the accuser has to prove his point first.  And he can't.

AND he needs to provide all of HIS documentation of ALL the crucifixions so that we can research them ourselves to see if that is the case that Jesus' was not recorded.

Edited by Jayne
  • Thumbs Up 1