• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  65
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,568
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  7

On 3/18/2018 at 11:40 PM, Jayne said:

We need to meditate and memorize this in the good and peaceful times so that we, like Paul, learn to be content in all things and desire zealously to finish the race when trials do come - and they will.

Hi Jayne,

This is definitely something that I have to keep reminding myself of. I find myself coming back to this verse, and have been reading it in different translations. This is the way I read it, this morning.

My fellow believers, when it seems as though you are facing nothing but difficulties see it as an invaluable opportunity to experience the greatest joy that you can! James 1:2 (TPT)

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/19/2018 at 5:21 AM, Neighbor said:

Thoughts: The worst day of one's life, that day is also the best of days. It is the day  one's  soul is required of them. I can have no better day to count as joyous.

Yet I do ask of God; may I not be so poor ( of anything) that I resent you, nor so rich  of things that I do not see need of you.

I do not laugh in the face of great  hurt, I only endure it for the sake of my own sanctification process as  a bond-servant  of my Lord an savior Jesus who is God. In that counting is found  the joy that sustains for eternity forward.

Thank you so much for sharing that Neighbor. I really appreciated what you shared. 

These days, with so much freedom of speech and all our rights, it is not easy to consider ourselves as bond-servants. But, knowing that God is working things out for us is such an encouragement. 

God bless :)

• Praise God! 1

On 3/19/2018 at 6:16 AM, enoob57 said:

...The flesh will never rejoice in suffering...
But the s/Spirit will not cease in it's Joy:

Here Jesus spoke through Isaiah
Isa 29:19-20
19 The meek also shall increase their joy in the LORD, and the poor among men shall rejoice in the Holy One of Israel.
20 For the terrible one is brought to nought, and the scorner is consumed, and all that watch for iniquity are cut off:
KJV

Here Jesus spoke through His self 
John 15:11
11 These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.
KJV

Here Jesus spoke through John
1 John 1:4-5
4 And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full.
5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.
KJV

Here Jesus took John up and showed him
Herein is the security of the believer and why our joy cannot be extinguished 
Rev 22:5
5 And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.
KJV
The darkness cannot overcome the light
1 Peter 1:8-9
8 Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:ex me coon small.jpg
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 :shofar: 
but the darkness will cease to be... just like God promised through the prophet Isaiah, through Himself, through John...
9 Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.
KJV

Thank you so much Steven,

We have so many reminders in the Word that serve as confirmation as to what real joy is. 

Such a reminder that the way God sees situations is so different from how we see them. 

People thought they were destroying Jesus when they called out for his crucifixion, yet, God had made much greater plans, that we benefit from still today.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

Wow that was a word in season. I am going through trials lately. I was just feeling down and I read your post. It is really true. God knows we need perseverance for our character. Our image needs to be like Jesus. My trail is I get getting sick. From every month I have bad flus or strep throat or other things. And I take off of work. I am kind of broke from taking off. And I worry about losing my job. But I know others have far worse things. Right now I feel sick my daughter been sick for two days with sore throat and feeling bad. Now I think I have what she has. My stomach hurts my throat feels not right. What is going on this year lol. I have to work tomorrow or we don't eat next week. Trials bring us to God. And we have to trust him. Even if I lost my job and became homeless in the street. I would still trust God with my life.

So glad that this was able to encourage you Wayne.

I keep coming back to that verse this week. Just this morning I read it in another translation. My fellow believers, when it seems as though you are facing nothing but difficulties see it as an invaluable opportunity to experience the greatest joy that you can! James 1:2 (TPT)

I love that God sees the whole picture, while we only see a part.

Keeping you in prayer. Its great that we can pray for one another.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,065
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

3 minutes ago, Annette said:

Thank you so much Steven,

We have so many reminders in the Word that serve as confirmation as to what real joy is. 

Such a reminder that the way God sees situations is so different from how we see them. 

People thought they were destroying Jesus when they called out for his crucifixion, yet, God had made much greater plans, that we benefit from still today.

It reminds me of that slogan 'the gift that keeps on giving' :thumbsup: 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Annette,

Good word in season there sis. And it seems that many are going through all various trials and hardships. My hubby says - `This too will pass....` We remember that the Lord Himself `for the joy that was set before Him He endured....` There is purpose in these difficulties and the shaping of character is the only thing we will take to glory with us.

And Wayne, we` re praying for you and the family. Be strengthened in the Lord dear bro, for He is well able...

God bless and keep us in His care, Marilyn. 

Thank you Marilyn,

Keeping you in prayer. It does help knowing that even when we are going through hard times, that God knows what we are going through. I love that your husband is such a blessing and encouragement to you. We all need that friend that is able to tell us the truth and encourage us. 

My mom used to remind me of the same thing "this too shall pass".

Will be keeping you in prayer.

2 hours ago, SisterActs2 said:

Thank you Annette for this thread.  I agree.

You are Welcome Sister. That verse has kept on coming back to me this past week in particular and I thought I would share it. I read it again this morning in a different translation too. 

My fellow believers, when it seems as though you are facing nothing but difficulties see it as an invaluable opportunity to experience the greatest joy that you can! James 1:2 (TPT)

14 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

It reminds me of that slogan 'the gift that keeps on giving' :thumbsup: 

So true :) 

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,182
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

8 hours ago, Annette said:

Hi Jayne,

This is definitely something that I have to keep reminding myself of. I find myself coming back to this verse, and have been reading it in different translations. This is the way I read it, this morning.

Hi Annette,

Isn`t it so wonderful to encourage each other, and this thread shows that. I also believe that the greatest `joy` is the Lord Himself amid the difficulties. He becomes so more precious, much closer and more real, for we can be more focussed on Him.  To be able to reach out our hands across the seas and time to each other is just so precious and all because of the Lord`s Spirit within us, feeling for each other and loving each other as sis and bro in the Lord.

Blessings, sis, Marilyn.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 2

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  475
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,556
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Days Won:  9

On Monday, March 19, 2018 at 5:21 AM, Neighbor said:

Thoughts: The worst day of one's life, that day is also the best of days. It is the day  one's  soul is required of them. I can have no better day to count as joyous.

Yet I do ask of God; may I not be so poor ( of anything) that I resent you, nor so rich  of things that I do not see need of you.

I do not laugh in the face of great  hurt, I only endure it for the sake of my own sanctification process as  a bond-servant  of my Lord an savior Jesus who is God. In that counting is found  the joy that sustains for eternity forward.

Thats encouraging to read Neighbor. You always got a lot of good things to share. to be a bond servant of Jesus is a high calling. 

• Thumbs Up 1